Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Centennial Park

[Miyabigaoka] Centennial Park

In the center of a couple of blocks away from Miyabigaoka Private High School, is a park set aside by national funding. It has all the official parts of any good piece of recreational land, including open fields, trees, and play spaces for young children. For the more athletic there are racing tracks, quick practice areas, and sports related fields (for basketball, soccer and tennis). Beyond this the space is a well organized if not minimalist display of culture. In the center there is a statue which is also a water fountain which is often the target of graffiti. But underneath this water fountain is the entrance to a lair, or rather it covers the entrance of an old underground rail station. Getting in used to require proper credentials and knowledge of the placement of the chip scanner. But after it became obvious that too many people could get in that way, the typing changed. Instead it requires a basic test of skills by whatever rider chooses to approach. A power type rider must approach the large statue at the top of the waterfall and demonstrate enough force to move the hidden pressure plate beneath it. A speed type must run around the outside of the circle activating all of the outer statues in enough time to cause the mechanism to catch. And a trick type must demonstrate their torque ability spinning each of the inner statues enough to cause the movement of the slightly different one. If any of these three conditions is met, the water fountain itself will shift, causing the inner most statues to spread apart a bit and open up the space beneath where the slightly modified smaller statue will sink in allowing entrance into the chamber which is connected to its inner workings via a twisting turning slide which empties out into the larger space below.

Spoiler:

This place was refitted to fit the specifications of one Akaru Chiyo, who wished to have a multifaceted cube space to hold races and trials for her team. As well as a hangout and is outfitted with a lounge, changing rooms, showers and a small office space for the girl. This place was put under construction at the start of the school year, because of her impending graduation from high school. Its exits include a set of stairs which let out a bit further into the park, and a single upshot gravity tunnel which requires one to jump into it before it shoots them out of an anti-gravity space and up into a holographic tree which will make it appear to anyone outside that they were simply hiding behind as it looks solid all around. It is to be the official headquarters of her team upon its completed construction.

Late one Thursday night, Chimera, sub-team of the Black Order, entered the Centennial Park with motives not entirely clear to some. Kanda, the Lieutenant of this team, rolled out ahead of the others with his arms held akimbo. He could only make assumptions about what was to take place here, but he figured that since Chiyo had brought them to this location, it would be something worthwhile. "So, what exactly are we looking for here?"

About the same time the team arrived in the park, a middle-aged man who only appeared to be about 30 years old, approached from the other side of the area. He had long, black hair kept only slightly tame by a red bandana, which matched a long, red cloak he wore over his outfit. Aside from the upper half of his face, the only visible detail about him beneath the cloak was an intricate golden gauntlet on his left hand.

Chiyo was having a bit of fun rolling around the group of people travelling with her. When one in particular pulled out in front of them as they traversed the park the small girl scoffed. "Fuck! A thing, I had an idea for... enjoy the surprise." she said as they reached the center of the Park where a large water sculpture sat in the middle of the park. It was presently very pristine and had many maidens seated at the bottom holding up one woman with a bird on her wrist. While the statue itself lacked the kind of imagery the Storm Queen liked, she supposed there were worse things. After reaching it she rolled around it rather quickly looking for something in particular. "There's a special one~" mentioned two blonde twins as she rolled about. Chiyo looked at all the women across the bottom row and took in their details... it would take a few seconds for the girl to come to a complete stop in front of one which had slits for pupils instead of the normal round ones. "Fuck, you two were busy then~" she said stepping up to it. Doing so caused a laser like scan of the small girl's ATs, which made something strange happen thereafter. The water and began to rumble and bubble within the fountain and the women's bodies began to shift and move as the fountain began to shift opening up into a quick chute underground. "Gotta go fast!" the twins chimed as the ran past. "Sugoi!~" the small red haired boy said after following as well. Chiyo seemed stunned but also went. "Down the hatch, Kanda-nii!~" she mentioned as she slid down. After the last of these individuals was in they would slide rather quickly down into a very large open chamber which was the new base of the Chimera Branch of the Black Order. It was well designed technologically advanced space, with multiple cubes and race tracks as well as open spaces for training drills and the like. Beyond this lounge areas and hang out spots for the members as well as showers and lockers. The space itself seemed semi-endless and among the many things found down here, a small office for the Storm Queen designed to her specifications and general tastes. Upon entry the statues would spin around and the whole thing would close up like it didn't exist and the statues themselves would shift their order, so that people couldn't just find their way in without knowing exactly which statue to look for.

"Che! Fine!" the Lotus King replied. Soon enough, the fountain at the park's center was being tampered with, until it ultimately shifted about and opened to reveal a drop chute into a secret location. Kanda sighed when he saw this, thinking it to be just a bit too complicated for its purpose, but he moved forward nonetheless. One other member of the team also hopped in; the young man with long, white hair, known as Hisoka. However, the members of Chimera were not the only ones to set foot in the base. In the small window of space just before the entrance sealed itself, the mysterious man jumped down the chute. "Yare yare," said Kanda when he reached the bottom, finding the spirals down to be unnecessary as well. "I'll admit to that being exciting and all, but there may as well have been a whole amusement park," he said to the twins. Hisoka seemed entirely disinterested, but both of these males perked up a bit when an unknown voice spoke. "I think it has a spark of innocence young ones like you all need."

The blonde twins held hands and giggled the entire way down. The young boy known as Taiga had been laughing the entire way down and when he reached the bottom shot back up in the air seeming to be overly excited. When he reached the ground again he made an excited utterance. "Yosh! That was fun, can I go again, Chi-nee!?" he asked with all the childish excitement he could. When Chiyo came down she was giggling and wearing the largest of fanged grins. "Fuck yeah, we're going again!" she said seemingly just as excited as the young boy with her as she held out her hand and they high fived each other. The twins seemed pleased by these two responses, but the older males seemed to simply not care about the excitement that went into building such a thing. After Kanda spoke the pair of twins looked at him and began to speak "Well..." they started both looking a bit sheepish. In truth they would have put more fun things in but they figured they'd have to slip those in discretely lest the Storm Queen be upset with them. But instead of explaining this they were interrupted by a voice they didn't recognize. This made the pair go into panic mode immediately moving to look for the voice which had spoken. Chiyo on the other hand also heard the strange male voice. "Who the fuck are you and what the fuck are you doing in my secret lair?" the girl asked. There shouldn't have been many capable of getting in before the closing of the statues, it was timed specifically to shut on anyone with slow reflexes.

"Watch your mouth, girl," the man said as he began casually walking around the area, inspecting it, and occasionally reaching out to swipe his hand along a nearby surface. "This is akin to early Matrix work. Good craft," he said to the twins regarding this base. "... Yet still, so much growth potential. Toul Tool To is holding you back." Both Kanda and Hisoka could only wonder who this man was, and initially, if Chiyo somehow knew him. Her words, however, implied that she certainly didn't. The man eventually chose to address Chiyo once more. "... Chiyo. That's the name you chose, isn't it? I can't help but notice you've been very busy recently. Much more than what can be said of that boy."

"That isn't fuckin' happening." Chiyo stated plainly, because obviously if there was nothing she was going to do, it was being told what to do by someone who didn't answer her questions. The twins couldn't help but giggle at Chiyo's reaction to being told to watch her mouth, as this was always the girls' reaction, ever since the day they'd met her. When this man went on to inspect the work of the Twins as far as this base was concerned the two seemed stunned at the mention of the Matrix, immediately blushing while feeling prideful at the same time. "You think so, really?! Young Matrix!!~ Aw... well... we wouldn't say that~" they said together stunned and seemingly excited by the compliment. "Wait, he knows the Matrix..." said Rin specifically. "Wow..." Len said. Thinking about it he looked between this man and Chiyo and except for the girl's decreased height they could have passed for siblings.

Moving right along when his attention went back to Chiyo the girl had her hands on her hips his statements weren't clear enough for the small girl's liking. But he wasn't doing anything dangerous though he felt dangerous enough that she didn't just attack him in the first place. In fact the small girl looked this man up and down and at present she was just sizing him up, though there was something about his face that seemed almost familiar. "I swear people live to piss me off by not answering my questions." she said almost to herself rubbing a hand over her face. She took a deep breath and blinked just a tad. "Yes, Chiyo is the name I chose, and since ya' know about that I assume you have some reason for coming to find me. Also I haven't been busy... no idea what you're getting at. Also which boy?" she said the last bit of that sentence being a reflex because she didn't have any idea what this man wanted with her.

"Kisama. You inherited your mother's bad side," the man said when he finally stopped moving, which he did in front of the Storm Queen while inspecting her form and Regalia. The more the young woman spoke, the more confirmation he received that this was the person he sought; not that he much needed that. "That useless sack of flesh that calls himself your brother is the boy I speak of. As for why I'm here..." At long last, the man opened his coat. In doing so, he revealed a small creature akin to a fox with black and red fur, which he had hanging from his torso by a chain. By releasing a single latch, he also released the animal, which would land on its feet between himself and Chiyo. "It took a bit longer than anticipated, but... happy birthday."

"Not like I know my mom, or my dad for that matter. So... what the fuck ever~" said the girl who seemed to find this man non-threatening after a few seconds so she simply decided to hear him out without being terribly aggressive. As he went on to explain which boy he was talking about, she couldn't help but burst into laughter, because the way he spoke about her brother, was the same as everyone who dealt with him bar like one person. After a hearty laugh the girl showed a fanged grin. "Ah, the Fuckface. I got ya'... he shouldn't be totally terrible anymore." she tilted her head all the way to left and decided. "You look a bit like him, now that I think about it, but... you don't look like prey. You're alright~" the girl said, which made the twins and Taiga relax the latter of which and taken up by her side and was glaring at the man as he made his way to the space in front of the Storm Queen. What happened next was rather interesting as a small fox was dropped before the girl and her eyes widened immediately.

"Kawaii!~ It's so fucking cute!~" she said. "Fuck. I almost forgot." she said remembering something secondarily she looked to Taiga as she bent at the knee and allowed herself to lower and extended the index finger of her left hand towards the small animal, while she reached into her pocket with her right hand for a wrapped box that was stored there which she passed to the boy who was also really close looking at the little animal. "Happy birthday!~ The twins have the rest of it." she said giving her gaze to the young boy whose eyes widened as he reached out for the present he hadn't been expecting. "Arigatou~ Chi-nee!~" he said before bounding off for the two blondes and tackling the female one. After watching this with a smile Chiyo reverted her attention to the man before her. "Fuck, we're obviously related... thanks for the birthday wishes and the present, what's its name?"

"Nor should you. Your tower wasn't meant to open until a couple of months ago," he said to address the fact that Chiyo knew nothing of her family beyond the Horn King. He fully intended to also speak on the similarities between himself and the boy, but more pressing was the matter of the Storm Queen sizing him up in such a way. "Strong eye. Maybe you'll be made into a proper predator one day," he said, as if to both compliment and belittle the girl in one clause. It seemed she was able to appreciate her belated birthday gift from the man, and surprisingly without questioning it at all... though she did ask its name. This was something that caused the man's brow to furrow. "Its... name? Uhh... Minion?" was his reply. This man had obviously not bothered to name the creature, and was not one for such things. However, it seemed that in this moment in the girl's presence, he felt compelled to give it a name for whatever reason.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast