Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Centennial Park

Chiyo stood in front of the statue which needed to open for her at exactly 12:30 and had it opening for her within a few seconds. She was dressed in what had to be considered her new standard street attire which included a double skirt a half off the shoulder top, a pair of stripped tights and a bustier. She was also well accessorized and wore several pieces of jewelry along with a light jacket thrown over her shoulder. She looked like what was likely to happen if a punk and a model had a baby, not that it mattered. On her feet her regalia which she used to ride the twists and turns down to the next level. Upon reaching it she rolled towards the agreed meeting space to find a specific blue haired male. "Kanda-nii~ Ohayou gozaimasu~" the girl said seemingly in a good mood as she removed her jacket which allowed a small fox creature to drop to the ground beside her before nestling up in the discarded piece of clothing.

By the time Chiyo arrived, Kanda was leaned against a table with his eyes closed, his arms crossed, and his right forefinger continuously tapping against his left bicep. Her greeting met his ear, but he had been waiting far too long to return a normal 'hello' of any sort. "Martial arts demands punctuality, you know? Noon means noon. I was being generous to you and your lifestyle by not saying sunrise."

"Fuck! I know, I just got caught up. Technically I've been awake since sunrise, what with Aki-nee... demanding I attend Yoga with her before she went to bed. Then Muu-nii caught me after we got out and made me play the missing games of Shogi, all fucking five of them. I had to eat sometime." she said only offering this information while stripping rings and dangling jewelry from her person. After which she'd take off her ATs, leaving her little fox in charge of watching all of this while she waited for a wooden sword. "But, I totally got ya' and I'll even practice with ya' extra to make up for my tardiness. I can do whatever until the book club meeting at 6." the girl offered more than willing to make up for her lateness without offering an actual apology which was the girl's way of doing things in general. She was involved in multiple activities with various members of their generation for rather random reasons. But she liked the activities, it just so happened that today was a bit busier than she'd initially expected.

"Hmph. Fine," Kanda replied as he reached to the table behind him, grabbing a bokuto for himself, and one for the Storm Queen. The latter was thrown toward Chiyo, and with that out of the way, he began his stretches immediately. "I didn't bring enough for a long session. We will go for the usual."

"Hai!" the girl offered, catching the bokuto tossed her way she also began her stretches knowing this session would be about as long as their usual one. She knew that this would be fun, her kind of fun, and soon they would likely be starting up, it made her giddy.

Meanwhile about five minutes after the arrival of the Storm Queen, another would come up after. She began inspecting the statues eventually finding the one with the difference the Tar King had mentioned. It was slit pupils on the statue surprisingly enough and standing in front of it while wearing her ATs made it move. Such would let the girl in as a member of the Black Order, and soon she'd be dropped down a chute which would take her further into one of the most elaborate looking buildings she'd ever seen. She was dazed from the trip down but the small fox guarding the Storm Queen's gear would perk up at the interruption. "Ano, Akaru-chan, Kanda-kun... Ohayou Gozaimasu." the young woman's words would draw the purple eyed girl's attention and only a single word would come from her face. "No." she'd say which would only be followed by another statement from the green haired young woman. "But... I haven't even asked anything yet." Chiyo paused and looked the other girl over and immediately scoffed. "I know what you want to ask, you want to ask to transfer to this team, and the answer is no." she said again, this would prompt the green haired girl to look at Kanda pleading. "Kanda-kun, she won't even hear me out."

A wide grin was upon Kanda's face when he finished stretching and took his stance. This had been a long time coming, and he was far beyond ready to begin. However, that was the moment another individual entered the lair; someone who was not a member of this particular team. Chiyo was quick to deny the girl's request, even without hearing it out properly. This resulted in the green-haired lass looking to Kanda for the sake of being heard. "You were the one meant to be choosing the last member of the core team. Another Gravity Child falls from the sky, and you say no without hesitation? Why is that? It's obvious how she ended up finding the place, after all."

"Yes, I am meant to choose the last member of the core team, but it's not her. I said no... without hesitation because this one, lost Abenobashi yesterday to a lone rider, with four other people at her back. About an hour after Shi-nee and Shiro-kun successfully defended it. Beyond that point she wasn't at the meeting thereafter." the Storm Queen said. "It's also very obvious how she got down here, he talked to Mukuro. And I said no to this request already..." the girl finished having reached the proper point of the stretches she was also ready to begin. "Also if it had been a couple of hours later she wouldn't have been able to get in, the Twins are changing the criteria for entrance after they leave school today, and she's physically incapable. She's also a slouch and wants to join the most physically active team, there is no logical reason to allow this." the fanged girl mentioned before returning her gaze to the green haired girl. "But by all means, do tell me why I should change my mind about this. I don't want to hear Kanda's mouth about it later."

The green haired girl listened to what was said by the Storm Queen and fumed beneath a quiet composure, the girl wasn't necessarily upset about the truth being spoken by the other girl, but by the fact that she was being completely dismissive. "Akaru-chan, I get it... but, it wasn't like I got beat by a scrub. That kid was way too strong... and there was nothing that could be done against what that kid was working with. I swear I did try not to lose it. Also I am not that much of a slouch, not everyone can run around all the time for no reason." she said seeming peeved, but wondering if what she'd said would be enough to get the girl to at least hear her out. While this girl spoke Chiyo began pacing, it was a habit while she stared her down, there was more than one reason she'd said no to this request. "A way too strong kid... really. Prove it." she said, it was then that the green haired girl reached into her jacket and pulled out her phone. She then played a video of the aftermath which no one had ready seen it was a giant blaze underneath the area spreading across the rails and up into the shopping arcade itself. "Send me that." this was a request made by Chiyo with no prompting and no semblance of it being a question, it was something she simply expected to happen. "Hai." And it did via Bluetooth which the black haired girl was enabling on her phone at that moment. This was a minor test to see if the other girl would do as she was ordered without question, and surprisingly enough it was a pass. Though it wasn't nearly enough. Chiyo then took the video and sent it to a specific number in her phone belonging to the First Generation Flame King with a singular text message. "Did you burn down Abenobashi yesterday?"

The Storm Queen's reasoning, while logical by all means, seemed to be missing something that Kanda couldn't quite place his finger on. There was, however, one particular piece of information he took issue with. "In all fairness, you are in no position to call anyone a slouch. Noon thirty?" he said. "Busy or not... discipline."

Soon after the video was sent to the phone of the original Flame King, Chiyo would receive his reply. "I'm a bit disturbed you would even ask that. But no. I was at work," the text read. Shortly afterwards, another message came. This would be one sent after Kurama had actually watched the video all the way through. "That... also wasn't done by any normal fire. That's chemical."

"Fuck! Thirty minutes... but sure. Totally a similar thing Kanda-nii~" she mentioned sarcastically as she received an initial reply from the Flame King which she started to respond to, only to have the phone further vibrate in her hand. Upon reading the second message, she reconfigured the message rather quickly to adapt to it. "Oh, well... you're the only person strong enough to have caused such a thing, so... it's a compliment. And I got a bleeding heart here claiming I am being unfair so I thought I ask. If she got her ass kicked by you, it'd be worth forgiving, but that isn't the case. How do you know the fire was chemical?" she added to the end. Sending that off she returned her attention to the girl in front of her, and remembered seeing her on a couple of occasions one other one which made also made the fanged girl a bit less likely to grant this one admittance to her team.

"What are you doing, Akaru-chan?" the girl asked as she watched the furious typing and the like. "Research, seeing who could have done this thing and make it worth my while to go look at. Because... now I am kind of curious. But it wasn't who I thought it was... so that means it's something new." said the fanged girl a grin coming to her face. "I like new things." when Chiyo said this the green haired girl's brow raised, it was obvious now why, Mukuro had advised that she explain how strong her opponent had been, it would apparently make the Storm Queen a bit more pliable to the request in some way. 'Sou ka, I didn't know approaching her like this could be done.' the girl thought taking a mental note to thank the Tar King if this worked out.

"Sarcasm doesn't fit you," was all Kanda had to say in return. A short while later, in the midst of the brief chat between Chiyo and the green-haired lass, Kurama's next message would reach the fanged girl's phone. "Isn't it obvious? I mean, I pretty much set the bar for all fire that -isn't- chemical. So... it has to be chemical~" it read. During chats and back-and-forth texting, Kanda put away his bokuto and prepared to move. "So, are we going to check this out, or not? I'm tired of standing around doing nothing, and you obviously want to see this rider regardless of what's happening here."

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast