Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Centennial Park

A smirk crossed the girl's face as her father mentioned that he'd eventually want to know what she'd done to Satoshi the first time she'd needed to make him appear while he was running. Still, her exit from her secret lair took her shooting vertically up into the world with a simple jump and soon enough she was outside again, laughing just a little. A three second trip which was wholly amusing to the young girl. Once her wheels were back on the ground it appeared that the man with her had a question for her which gave her a bit of pause. "If we are talking intelligence, then probably people... but if we are talking animals... I think Komodo dragons are the best for obvious reasons." the girl said. Her own leanings were rather reptilian and when she thought about reptiles hunting, those were at the top of the food chain.

The man's pacing continued as Chiyo spoke her opinion on the ultimate hunter. He was quite pleased with her choice, even though it wasn't quite the answer he was looking for. Still, a grin stretched across his face. "Varanus Komodoensis. An excellent choice, and a personal favorite of mine. Remind me to bring you with me the next time I go to Indonesia. Still... wrong answer. You say Komodo Dragon. I've hunted them, therefore I am the superior hunter. The answer is Akaru. The only species in the world that can be considered the ultimate hunter, is us. You... your mother... myself... and perhaps even the boy, in some twisted parallel universe, are the only ones capable of being called such, for the ultimate hunter is that which can hunt anything. The hunter which adapts by becoming a lesser hunter in the moment of the chase. I can smell it on you. You have my ability; the ability to hunt even mankind by seeing the immediate comparison to another species on an individual basis. I'm right, aren't I?"

Chiyo heard out what this man had to say and smiled. It was quite a strange thing to hear coming from someone else, that they could mark other people as animals and figure out how best to tear into them. Beyond that she couldn't help but laugh at the idea that her brother in any universe would be a capable hunter. He was better off settling in to be proper prey. "Fuck~ I have spent a really large chunk of time thinking I was strange for doing that..." she said rolling her eyes just a bit. "But you're right. I have that ability, I do it to keep myself from being too bored in my day to day activities."

"I can see why you would think that. Most humans have lost touch with their instincts, after all," he replied when Chiyo stated that she applied animal identities to people to alleviate her own boredom. "Your instincts are what make you do that. It comes from a need to know your prey, and it's crucial to your inheritance. If you know what creature you're hunting, you know what evolution has made to be that creature's greatest hunter. I'm sure you have some sort of manifestation-style technique in your arsenal. This is a simple matter of doing such a thing, while holding onto the mindset of the predator you need to be. The only one that doesn't work on, is someone like us; but... you've seen what happens when that problem arises."

Chiyo began to roll around the man and the hologram tree as he explained what she needed to know about her Inheritance Technique. It was kind of fascinating and immediately comforting to know that she wasn't just crazed for her need to functionally relate people to animals. Beyond this, the explanation that doing so while she used one of her manifestation tricks would allow her to spawn the creature that could hunt the thing she was thinking about hunting was a bit interesting. "Sou ka." the girl said. When it was mentioned that there was a problem that could arise the girl only looked at the man the ice created by her circling began to swirl with the movement of the girl's hand and when she closed her fist punching forward, she created a massive multi-headed chimera with large claws and wide wings and vicious grins more than 2 times her own size. "Fuck, if I can't decide what is best suited to the situation, it defaults to what I see myself as. That... is fucking awesome." The ability to complete this trick within about thirty seconds of it being explained simply pointed to the fact that the small girl was always having something of a predatory idea about any and everyone around her. But such a thing wasn't really necessary for her brother. "So... you see yourself as a man lion thing?" the girl asked chuckling to herself. Though she supposed she couldn't assign him an animal in her head so it made sense enough. She looked at her own creation for a moment or two longer and then allowed it to disperse. A second thereafter she crossed her legs at the ankle and began rolling backwards changing her own mindset to hunt a very different kind of prey. A bit of a smile came to the girl's face as she moved and she created half a dozen komodo dragons at about double their normal size of the extra ice from her ATs.

Unbeknownst to Chiyo her brother was approaching the Park Entrance. Exactly a minute from stumbling upon the location of the girl and her father. The Horn King was dressed per his usual styling in red and black looking like a king biker's court jester. He was wearing a huge grin on his face as his eyes scanned the park. There wasn't a hint of nervousness about him as he moved forward, he was finally getting to hang out with his sister and as such he was in an excellent mood. A bit of a chuckle came from the man as he tried to imagine the situation which his sister would actually ask for his help. But just like a simple animal he was rolling straight into a trap.

"Not quite. It defaults to the closest thing to what you are at the time. So, no, I don't see myself as a man lion thing," was the raven-haired man's reply. True enough, the form of his technique which Chiyo saw was one of many defaults in his arsenal, though it was admittedly a favorite. "I do like that one, though. I might even favor it over the Cerberus, but... themes." By his mental count, it had been just about two minutes since the time limit was given on Satoshi's arrival. With this in mind, he turned toward the end of the park where he felt the 'boy' would show, and coincidentally enough, Chiyo happened to be moving away from his location already. "Good girl. Stay hidden. You'll know when to send out your hunters."

"Ya' don't say. Well as long as you like it~" the girl said as her creatures spawned and moved about, though none made any moves to attack anything, it was like they were waiting for a command. By Chiyo's own count her brother should be arriving soon, but since her father wanted to talk to him first she figured she'd hang back a while. It seemed her father had the same idea and even praised her while giving her instructions. "Hai!~" the girl chimed and with that in mind Chiyo went to hide and observe taking to the treetop with her small pet on her shoulder, her other little 'hunters' spread out she'd be hidden behind the cover of leaves with a clear line of sight.

Soon after this happened the boy approached a more central area of the park. He expected it to be easy enough to find Chiyo as such he raced around the central fountain area before picking a direction he figured the small girl was likely to go in. "Chiyo-chan... where... are..." the boy's speech was stopped as found him self rolling straight towards the man who he recognized as his father. "Fuck!" and just like that he would immediately try to turn and run, because whatever this man was doing here, he wanted absolutely nothing to do with it.

It took the girl no time whatsoever to properly mask her presence from the encroaching Horn King. It did seem to take a while, though, for the latter to realize the cloaked man would be the one waiting for him in the park. But, as Izanagi expected, the younger male turned to run away the moment he realized the potential dangers of this encounter. "Ohayou gozaimasu... Satoshi," he said in an immensely calm way while simultaneously shrouded in an aura of foreboding. Izanagi's right hand swiftly reached out to snatch the boy by the collar he wore, and he would notably be able to hold him back, no matter the struggle, with no effort whatsoever. "Oi, shounen! What do you think you're doing!? Didn't I tell you not to even think about doing anything but face me like a man!? It's time we had a nice little chat, you and I."

Before he could even properly get away, Satoshi was grabbed by the collar he wore around his neck. He struggled only for a moment because his father had greeted him so calmly it only made him want to run more. Besides this fact, he still didn't know where Chiyo was, and he figured that if the young woman hadn't already met this man, he might still be in business to hang out with her instead of being berated for whatever thing he'd done this time. "I ah... remember something like that. I got spooked." the boy started. "But I swear, whatever it is... I didn't do it. I just... came here to meet someone. That's all." he stated, he was being deliberate in leaving out that his younger sister was here under the hopes that he'd simply be left alone. To his knowledge his father wasn't particularly fond of him anyways so it shouldn't be that hard to shake him. While this happened the young Storm Queen had a giggle at her brother's expense, it was always funny to watch a trapped animal try and break free.

"Spooked, huh? And... 'Whatever it is, I didn't do it?' That's the number one bullshit cop-out of a little bitch!" he said while tightening his grip on Satoshi's collar, and raising his arm as if he intended to lift the young man off the ground; which, he did intend to do. "I came to meet someone as well. Oh, and speaking of... have you seen your sister? I've been looking for years to find her, but with no luck. I'm starting to think my skills are waning. I mean... surely there couldn't be some ridiculous reason like, I don't know, you taking out half of her original ability and turning her skill set into something completely different! That couldn't possibly be right!"

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast