Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Meido no Hitsuji

Upon her return Akemi was greeted by the gesture to join him at the table, which she did, with a quick nod of her head, lest her manager give her another disparaging look. Moving right along she slid her own parfait closer to herself and began mixing it up a bit. These desserts were made by each maid on an individual level. So each one was different based on the tastes of the maid that created them. Given Akemi's own tastes, hers included kiwi and chocolate along with the creme and yogurt which were the standard pieces of it. To the question of if she still raced a smile came to the girl's face. "Of course I do. It's part of the reason I trimmed down to a single job. I can make most of the extra cash I need in the parts war." she said moving right along she'd begin eating her food. "Itadakimasu~" she chimed in a friendly manner a large smile on her face because her job required her to appear to be friendly at all times. "Is there a reason I wouldn't be racing?" she asked. It seemed like a strange question coming from the Sky King.

"Kiwi? That's interesting." Without much hesitation, Shoichi began mixing his parfait until he was certain there was proper harmonization between the flavors within it. As he did this, he learned that Akemi was indeed still racing. This was one positive note toward his cause. "There's never a reason for anyone to avoid racing. Just needed to check... And, y'know, shoot you an offer to join my new team."

"Hai~ it was the one I liked best when I first started working here. It's a bit of an acquired taste though." she said knowing that her fruit choice was strange to most. Moving right along it seemed as if the Sky King had no problem with the information that she was still racing and the news came with an offer to join his new team. This brought nothing but confusion to the Gem Queen's face. "Eh? You have a new team? You're the Sky King what do you possibly get out of starting a new team? A second Sky Regalia?" she asked. Such a thing was truly unheard of. She also didn't actually answer his question about joining his team. This was purposeful.

"Sugoi, sugoi," he said casually while taking the first bite of the parfait. He seemed to enjoy the flavor, much like he did with any and every confection he'd ever had. As for the offer to join his team, Shoichi expected everything from questions to resistance. This was, of course, part of the reason he chose to seek Akemi for his team; she didn't immediately understand why he'd be joining. "There are gonna be some strong guys in this one; way stronger than the ones last time. I'm not gonna lie... the biggest reason I want to participate is because I don't wanna miss out on the fun. There are other reasons, though. That boyfriend of yours is a Gravity Child like me, so you might know... but whether you do or don't, the Gravity Children for this Parts War are kids, and we gotta build 'em up so they don't get wiped out the same way some of my friends did years ago."

"Hai, glad you like it." she said as the Sky King finally tasted the dessert he'd ordered. She didn't really know this young man, so she didn't know he simply enjoyed sweets, but she was about to know something more about him. As she sat with the Sky King and ate her parfait she was given an odd set of reasons for his future participation. Along with this information was the mention that the most of the participants in this parts war were children whom like her former love interest Atlas were gravity children. This would of course mean they had their own regalia. She was aware of this information, because the members of her team were planning a bunch of random heists of several of these children. "Uh, no. First off, I have my own team and we have our own reasons for participation. Most of which has nothing to do with protecting anyone just the opposite for the most part. We aren't in it for fun. We're trying to win. And none of that other stuff concerns me." she said. Soon enough she'd finish her own parfait and stand at the side of the table with the forced work smile on her face. She was quite stunned that the Sky King seemed to have such noble reasons for wanting to participate but she wasn't the noble sort. If one needed to know why she and her group were gathered, they needed only to know the name of her team. "Sorry, Shoichi. Good luck finding members for your team." she said standing and giving a bow. It would be then that her eyes shifted to the clock and she knew her day was coming to an end. She looked over and made eye contact with the free standing Mikasa who simply nodded her understanding. "Now, if you'll excuse me. I have to cut out a bit early. I have some stuff I need to do today. Hope to see you again, goshujinsama~" she added as her manager walked by and gave her a simple nod to acknowledge that he understood the agreement that had already been reached. He'd stand at the side and wait to receive payment from Shoichi as Akemi left to change and head off for whatever afternoon activity she had planned.

Akemi's reasons for denying him seemed to be that her current team worked in opposition to his ideals. He wondered if this had anything to do with how his second meeting with this woman had ended, but as he looked at her with his ocular ability activating, he saw something nigh unmistakable. "... Sou ka. Alright. If ya' don't wanna join up, I'll just keep buggin' ya'. See ya' tomorrow," he said with a wink as the redhead left his company. With the arrival of the manager, Shoichi slid an ample amount of yen across the table; enough to cover the bill, the extra fee, and a tip. "You can have the rest if you want," he spoke to the man as he, himself, left the table.

The words of the Sky King reached the young Gem Queen without much fuss. Still she didn't seem to be much into what he had to say. She could only hope he wasn't serious about bugging her the next day just to try and recruit her. Such a thing could cause her a legitimate number of problems and he wouldn't even know. Soon enough the young woman was slipping out the backdoor in her street clothes and ATs. Headed for the Abenobashi Shopping Arcade, she had presents to buy.

Meanwhile, the manager would take the payment in the place of the young woman and leave with it and the rest of the dessert. It wasn't his personal responsibility to see the gentleman out and a most devious smile came over his face as he was likely going back to his office to consume the rest of the dessert one of the hidden bonuses of working at this place. "Thank you for your patronage, hope to see you again." this man said without any fuss. After Shoichi left the table and the manager disappeared into the back he'd feel the gentle poke of the pink haired girl at his right. "Sho-nii, are you leaving?" she asked, more than free to slip out for a few minutes now that the manager had his dessert, which she knew from experience.

Following a nod of acknowledgement to the manager, Shoichi began to move again. However, he took pause when he felt a poke to his right, and looked in that direction to see and hear Mikasa addressing him. "I was planning on it, but..." he said as he turned his body to face the young woman head-on. "It's not like I have shit to do or anything. What's up?"

"Um, were you serious when you said I could have a room at your house?" she asked feeling it was necessary to explain. Mikasa was planning on paying her rent on this day, in addition to doing a few other things. If this was going to be the case, then she could skip out and gather a couple of friends to help her move out instead, since her rental contract was monthly. "I am supposed to pay my rent today, but... if you're serious I can get some friends together and help me switch instead." she said with wide eyes. She was a rather odd girl, but she sort of missed living with her childhood friends, she enjoyed their company.

"Eh?" he uttered. Shoichi seemed confused that Mikasa would even ask him such a question, as if he were the type to ever joke about such things. Of course, he was the type for such random joking statements, but that was neither here nor there. "Well, yeah. It's a huge ass house, and it's just the three of us now. It's not like we're hard up on space or anything. If ya' want, I can even help with the move."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast