Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Meido no Hitsuji

"Yeah... that's it. I'm not interested." she said seeming to wonder why he was so hung up on this. In the mind of the young woman sitting at the table, he'd already done his part. He'd won his parts war, he'd become Sky King, he had phenomenal cosmic power. Trying to keep that to himself, or worse hand it over to a bunch of kids who didn't know what to do with it, seemed irresponsible at best. "People will always want things they don't have, and scoff at what they do when the next thing is better. That is nature... " she mentioned, it would be obvious by this statement that she didn't understand the nature of her own greed. The inability to properly appreciate what was hers, because she was so busy trying to get what belonged to everyone else. Such an attitude would indeed create the greedy god the man had mentioned but, she couldn't possibly know that. "Craze for power? No, my whole team is in it for the money. If I couldn't use it, I'd sell it... to the highest bidder and that is honest. And please don't act like giving that much power to a child is a better idea... it's really not. A temper-tantrum that shuts down a city with only someone like you to stop it... a fabulous idea." she said. She had no idea what she'd be like as basically a god, she didn't even really think she wanted that sort of thing... but the cash such a piece of technology could potentially bring in, was a bit too good to pass up. Before this point, her whole team was designed, to win parts, or steal them from people who had them, and this guy was sitting in front of her talking like the ones who had the best gear didn't even want it. "I assume a greedy god would be rich... take over everything and sell it back at a profit. That seems like a reasonable enough thing to do... nothing too drastic just set yourself up to be happy. Doesn't even seem all that bad to me." the young woman said. "And by all means if you or any of your friends find the weight of your gear to be too much for you, feel free to hand it over... the rest of us actually want it." she said seeming to not get why anyone wouldn't want the kind of gear they had to work with.

That was not to say that she didn't understand about things belonging to people. After all, she presently had a regalia all her own, so she fully understood what it was like to have something specially crafted for you that worked. But... the idea that everyone shouldn't reach for the things they wanted, simply because they actually wanted them or they belonged to someone else... seemed a bit backwards. If you're willing to bet what you have, you have to be willing to lose it. People died all the time over nothing, at least in this case, they'd be dying for something they wanted and that seemed like a much better idea. As this conversation progressed and seemed to get even more in depth the man known as Waka seemed to be finally be finishing up his dessert. He was on the last bite and balancing it on his spoon in the privacy of his office for a few seconds before allowing the spoon to travel the remaining distance to his mouth. "Mmm~ Simply delightful. I should make sure the others get customers who also treat me~" the chimed to himself, taking a few more seconds of happy loneliness before he'd get back up and return to his job.

"Money, power... it's all the same. What do you do when you sell the power for money, but then the guy who now has the power decides to make your money useless? And... I know it sounds crazy, giving the power to a kid, but we've been two out of two in the green, and these aren't just the average kids... or the average situation, deeper in the Parts War. That probably doesn't make any sense." Shoichi could do nothing but disagree with this woman's logic, and the idea of the Gravity Children handing over their Regalia was nothing short of absurd. Of course, he didn't expect the average human to understand why, but he felt there was a great, great deal more that this one in particular was not quite comprehending. So, he was left with one choice; one he would make obvious as he removed himself from the table. "Y'know, I've got nothing against people like you... but it's people like you who just don't understand what's really on the line here. So... I'll show you. The next time we meet, one of us is going to leave as the Sky King. I'll show you what the Gram Scale Tournament is really about, and if you come out on top, then you'll get everything you wanted out of this. I'll find you tomorrow, we'll have the only true Parts War, and we'll settle our differences that way. Because... at the end of the day, I don't think you want what you think you do."

Shoichi tried explaining, about how apparently twice now the Sky Regalia had been handed over to kids, and it'd turned out okay, but Akemi was a realist and it wasn't like there could be bad people among these children, if one happened to be strong enough it seemed like a bad idea to hand over something powerful. And even if the kids weren't average it didn't seem to make much of a difference, if it did... this group wouldn't feel the need to interfere the way they were. "You're right, that makes no sense at all." she said simply her dessert was done. But now she got to watch as the Sky King stood and removed himself from the table. He further stated that he didn't have a problem with her as person but that people like her didn't understand what was at stake. Stakes in this were simple, it was gear and the person who won it, obviously gets to push whatever philosophical ideals they had down the throats of everyone. That was simple, the winners did write history after all. What he said thereafter made her brows draw together just a little. "Is that a challenge?" she questioned seeming to become a bit giddy as she processed what was being said. "That sounds like a challenge... moreover it sounds like a challenge that you plan to bet the Sky Regalia on." she said even more excited than she had been previously. She could skip the whole parts war, win this guy's gear, and move on with her major plans... it seemed like a true prize. Even so, she couldn't help but feel a bit disheartened thereafter... something about what the Sky King said... made her feel strangely. 'He doesn't think I want what I do? The hell kind of shit is that to say... way to bring down the mood.' she thought as she sat at the table.

But her momentary lapse in thinking time was completely interrupted by her boss finally exiting his office. It seemed Shoichi's dessert tactic had bought them enough time to converse but when he came out, he eyed the entire establishment and began making his rounds. "Whatever you say, see ya' tomorrow..." she said offering a bow before disappearing out of ear shot and heading to the back for a break so she could further mull over what the Sky King said previously while Waka made his way over to Shoichi. "We thank you for your kind patronage. We do hope you'll come back and see us again." the man said seemingly pleased as he awaited his payment.

"Yeah... it's a challenge. Special A-Class Parts War; winner is Sky King. You can even have it integrated into your own Regalia, and use it to win this tournament, if you use the loophole that you didn't win the last one. I'll even explain how it's unlocked." With that said, his interaction here for today was done. He walked away from the table, dropping the tip on it as he did. "Ja ne." A few steps later, he encountered the manager of this facility. Though still in his Brain Charger state, he grinned at the man, speaking in a way that Roze, whom he was the known Brain Charger of, likely wouldn't. "Iie. My thanks go to you. This is a fine establishment; kudos," he said while handing over the yen for payment, as well as a sizable bonus for the man himself. "Arigatou gozaimasu. Ja," he said to the man before properly taking his leave, giving a few parting words to the newest resident of his house en route. "Dehamata, Mika-chan~"

The redhead woman heard everything Shoichi had to say, though she was skeptical he'd actually go through with it, as Gravity Children all seemed to be very attached to their own regalia, she couldn't pass up the opportunity. One thing she didn't know, was the specification on a special A-class parts war. As far as she knew, A-class was as far as this went... that would have to be something she looked into. Regardless she was done with this, so much so that she almost didn't bother going back for the tip... almost. Her greed was a bit too necessary for her to leave it, so she doubled back for it, before disappearing. Waka was a bit stunned by Shoichi's words, but accepted the payment and gratuity given to him with grace. "Arigatou Gozaimasu." Waka said as Shoichi left. He wished all of their clients were as polite as this one.

Moving right along, in the time he'd been talking Mikasa had switched clients and looked up from her table at the statement that he'd see her a later. The girl smiled in his direction. "Hai!~" she mentioned before going back to her work. She had a hour or two before her shift ended and she was slated to meet up with the Sky King to hang out, though she had no idea what that would entail, she did need some time outside of work, school and hiding in her room.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345