Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Four Demons Bookstore

[Miyabigaoka] Four Demons Bookstore

A bookstore on a hill top over looking 4 major cities. Its name is a play on words, created by the owner who seemed to think it a fairly funny joke. It has an open sky light and is fairly narrow, but it carries a wide variety of new and used books which appeal to those who are looking for things not easily found commercially. It has very strange business hours as it is closed on Thursdays for reasons unknown to the general public and also on Tuesdays for book club meetings. It is also the secret meeting place of a team known as the Black Hand. Its underground open cliff center is accessible by a mechanical bookcase which only opens if the right book is picked up. Specifically the favorite of the team leader.
    "For Whom the Bell Tolls"

Moving this book causes a passage way to open and leads down into an old abandoned cathedral type place. Its sides are open to the cliff and let in a lot of natural light and the space is gigantic allowing for battles and training to take place there. It is fully decked out with modern amenities and can be considered a home away from home for members of the Black Hand.

Spoiler:

After leaving the construction zone on a bit of a joyride, the G-Man Ito Shigeru came to a grinding halt in front of the bookstore referred to as the "Four Demons." He still carried the woman called Shizuka with him on his mode of transportation: an AT motorcycle, as it were. "And here we are. Fun, right? Hopefully no discomfort from the tight holds."

Shizuka arrived in front of the Four Demons bookstore, riding on the front of a motorcycle as passenger to one, Ito Shigeru. Upon making her arrival she was asked about the ride she'd received and she had to admit it was quite fun. "Hai it was good fun. And I totally didn't mind the tight holds~" she chimed removing herself from the bike she looked towards the store itself. It appeared to be closed, there were no lights on, and the light of the stars simply shined off the glass roof. Even so she approached the building as if she intended to enter. "So you said you wanted to pick something out, come on." she said with no explanation of how she intended to get in. The fact of the matter was, she had a key and would open the door and turn on the lights inside. They were soft and appeared to be antique though they were hooked up to a regular electrical grid. The glass top of the entry way extended back towards the final counter where a shelf of collectible books was kept, but all other walls were lined by numerous shelves in various genres and languages. "Have your pick~ You know, for being such an awesome chauffeur." she said with much humor. This was her personal slice of paradise and she enjoyed sharing it with people.

"There aren't a lot of things you mind, are there?" he asked while extricating himself from the vehicle, shutting it down by simply placing his hand upon the console. When he got a proper look at this building, the store seemed unquestionably closed. However, he didn't expect this to matter, as Shizuka had chosen this place with such a hint of familiarity that he figured there was something else afoot. Alas, this was precisely the case, as she then used the store key to gain entry before switching on the lights, and apparently offering him a free book in the process. "Well, it would have been rude of me not to be as hospitable as I could be, considering. But, I'll take the book anyway~" he said as he began viewing the shelves. "So, this is...? A family business?"

"Loud obnoxious people are about the only thing that bothers me. That aside I am usually easy-going." the girl said affirming the man's thoughts that she didn't mind much in life. As she stepped inside she seemed to be quite pleased and leaned against the counter at the far end as the man had a look around after explaining that he was only being as hospitable as the situation called for. Luckily enough, the man seemed keen to accept her kindness anyways so she relaxed while he had a look around. While he looked around he asked about the nature of this business. She didn't immediately answer, seeming to think on the answer a bit herself. "Yare yare, well I suppose it could be now. My little brother did find me today." she started but the logical way to answer the man's question came about anyways. "But honestly this is what I did with my share of the winnings from the last parts war. It's... my own little slice of happiness. I also named it something I thought was a tiny bit clever, like an inside joke." she said of this place. It was also technically the meeting place of her team not that it mattered at present.

"Fair enough. Those tend to be the stupid ones with nothing important to say anyways," he said, only to catch himself a moment later; at which point, he managed to seem a bit taken aback by his own words. "Gomen... that was a bit ruder than I meant it to be." After only a bit of searching, Shigeru made a bit of an excited utterance upon finding the book he sought. "I can't lie; it is a bit clever. Especially considering the selection here. Like this!" When he retrieved the book he'd been hoping to find, he referenced it. If he had this, he believed it would keep him quite entertained for a while. "World of Made and Unmade. I've been meaning to read this all year, but I never found the time to pick up a copy. I bought a netbook, but I can't be bothered with it. It just doesn't feel the same... you know?"

Shizuka was a bit shocked by what the man had to say regarding loud obnoxious people. That being said, it wasn't shock at the rudeness of the statement, but instead laughter that he'd said it aloud and then gone on to apologize for it. A giggle escaped the young woman. "That is pretty funny actually. And very true now that I think about it~ I don't think it was particularly rude, I've definitely heard worse things." she said watching as the man searched apparently for something specific. And soon he found it, referencing it, the title itself was one that Shizuka was familiar with, but no one she'd expected anyone to want. "I didn't expect anyone to want that book in particular, it's amazing though. I am glad you found what you were looking for." said the girl who seemed to be amused by the selection. After all one could tell a lot from a person by what they chose to read. Moving right along the statement about netbooks and the like just not being the same as a good old-fashioned book made the girl smile brightly. "Exactly!~ No one else gets that... I feel the same way. There is nothing quite like breaking into a fresh book!~" she said, seemingly passionate about this activity of hers, almost as much as she was about riding.

"I expected it to be. I read a summary of it once, and it seemed right up my alley. Whenever I find plenty of spare time, I'll definitely be having a look at this." It seemed Shizuka was very adamant about her book-reading. This was something the male could sympathize with, but seemingly not on such a scale as what he was witnessing. "Hoh? I must've hit a happy nerve," he said with a grin. "I didn't think you had that sort of emotion in you. No offense. It's kind of cute, actually."

"Nice!~" said the girl in response to the young man having found something thought he'd like reading and beyond that dedicating the necessary spare time to reading it. Shizuka could appreciate such a devotion to books in such a way. It was one of the few things she managed to find it easy to bond over. Only a few of her peers took any great interest in reading so, whenever she got the chance to go on about books her personality seemed to shine. This was a fact noticed by Shigeru who pointed out how happy she looked. "Hai." was all she could say in response to him having found a topic of discussion which made her happy. When he went on to say that he didn't think she had that sort of emotion in her she could completely understand most things didn't tend to make her that sort of happy, but when he went on to say that he thought it cute her eyes widened a bit and a blush came to her face. "Yare yare. I didn't expect that." she mentioned making eye contact, she could do nothing to hide the expression she had, so she wouldn't bother trying. To be fair, she really liked this man, and the more she talked to him, the more she liked him. It was only fair to thank him for the compliment. "Thank you~"

"Of course," he replied while leaning against a table and tucking his book of choice away between his crossed arms. He had managed to take the young woman by surprise with his most recent words, it seemed, resulting in an expression which only further validated his original point, as far as he was concerned. "And a twofer, to boot. I could make a living off this, selling tickets. Hell, I could quit my job and have time to read my books while you just express all over the place," he teased. "Meh, who am I kidding? I couldn't own a cinema; I'd always be trying to watch the movie."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast