Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Four Demons Bookstore

"Yare, yare... I suppose it is~" she said choosing to take the commentary as a compliment as it seemed to intended as such. It was rather true the girl was always planning around different scenarios and with that in mind, she was probably a bit more dangerous than those of her friends who ran in headlong with no plan; even without their abject amounts of power. As their night continued it seemed that Shigeru found himself sinking rather far into the softness of the pillow. It was quite the intention of the device. "Isn't it though? These pillows are basically made of space-grade memory foam, and they are about as big as queen sized mattresses when they are stretched out. When I first got them, I made a giant pillow fort and hung out in it for like a whole day~" she said. It seemed that the Echo Queen had a bit of childishness left in her somewhere and it showed through along with the other pieces of her personality ever so often.

"Oh?" Apparently, even one such as Shigeru, who had been exposed to the technology of Trophaeum for quite some time now, could still be astounded by technological advancements. To know that these pillows could be stretched out to such lengths was insane, and a rather convenient way to keep a bed stored away, now that he thought about it. "That's one hell of a convenient pillow. I can't exactly blame you for the fort. Frankly, if I don't become active soon, I might fall asleep. Knowing that at any point, I could make this pillow into a bed, doesn't help with that."

The surprise coming from the man wasn't really that unusual. It seemed that there were a lot of people who didn't know of how far the comforts of modern society went. Even so, it appeared he couldn't blame her for her pillow fort fiasco and he went on to explain that such a thing being so convenient could even put someone like him to sleep sometime if he didn't become active again soon. "Yare, yare. I can't say I blame you. I did say I spend more time down here than in my apartment. Those reasons are all included in the why of that~" she said seeming to find this funny. She really liked this man, and obviously wouldn't mind hanging out with him more, but it seemed their time together would be coming to an end pretty soon.

"So you did. I guess that makes sense of why, huh? OK!" Without further ado, Shigeru hopped off the pillow he'd been sat upon. Now that he was standing, he immediately felt a great deal more awake than mere moments prior. "That's much better. Oh, I meant to ask," he interjected while turning to face the young woman. "Was there somewhere else you intended to go? It was a bit of a short trip between the construction zone and here."

"Yes, it does." she said still she hadn't moved from the spot she'd sunk into, mostly because it was literally the most comfortable spot to be found. Of course, she watched as the man pulled himself out of his vice of sorts, and seemed to wake up a bit more now that he was standing. Beyond this he seemed to want to know if there was anywhere else the Echo Queen wished to go. A bit of a frown came to her face, as she immediately considered making up somewhere else to go and decided against it shooting instead for honesty. "Could I accept the offer of a second ride, even if I had nowhere else in mind to go?" she asked. "I mean, I could make something up, but I'd need a bit more time to think of something convincing." she said with a bit of a grin on her face.

"Oh?" he uttered once more, finding a bit of amusement in the fact that Shizuka had spoken the words she did. Following a stretch to get his limbs back in order after being in the same position for so long, he reached out toward the Echo Queen with his right hand, retaining a smile as he did so. "A place in mind or not; the offer stands. Honestly, I've shown everything that I, myself, know about that bike already. I just wanted to offer anyway."

Shizuka watched this man stretch and seemed to get a pretty good understanding of the fact that he was leaving soon. Beyond that he seemed more than a bit amused by the question she'd answered his offer with. But after that stretch was over his hand extended to her and stated that the ride he'd offered was on the table regardless because he had nothing else to show her about the bike. She extended her own hand to meet his and pulled herself out of the comforts of the pillow. "Yare yare. Well, to be fair... I wasn't going along because I cared to know anything else about the bike." said the Echo Queen. Now that she was standing she'd head through this hideout of hers back through the shop and to the bike owned by this man if that's where they were headed, if only to go on another ride and enjoy his company just a bit more.

After helping the Echo Queen onto her feet, he followed behind her, only to soon have another statement reach his ear that would warrant a sly grin from the man. "Well that's good. It'd be a damn shame if you came just for the bike." Soon enough, the vehicle was reached, prompting Shigeru to hop aboard immediately to switch it on. "Aimless riding it is then. Shall I drop you off here afterwards?" he asked, fully prepared to take off whenever he received his answer.

A smile came to Shizuka's face. She couldn't help it, she was quite pleased to be going on another ride with this young man. Moving right along, when they reached is bike Shigeru slid into place on it and claimed they would be doing aimless riding. "Hm, I guess you could drop me off in Center City Tokyo." she said remembering she needed to drop a book by the Thorn Queen's apartment. After that the girl would hop aboard the bike the same way she'd been on their short ride before. "But by all means take a few detours if you wanna~" she said ready to ride to wherever this man wanted to take them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234