Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Four Demons Bookstore

A laugh escaped the young woman as the man continued to tease. Even claiming that he might make a living off selling tickets to such a show as the one she was putting on right now. "You're pretty funny, you know that?" she asked of the man who seemed to think that it actually wasn't possible for him to make a living off selling tickets because he'd be too busy enjoying the show. "Well, that wouldn't much matter. I can honestly say... the best part about owning a spot full of stuff you like is having full time access to it." she said offering a smile. "After all, there is nothing wrong with enjoying your work~" and with that said the blush that covered the girl's face finally managed to fade quite a bit. It'd been some time since she found a man's company this entertaining.

"I suppose I've been told a few times before," he said regarding his apparent bit of humor. He had now claimed his book, and though he wasn't quite sure why they were here in the first place, or why they were remaining for so long, he didn't quite plan on complaining. He was enjoying himself quite a bit in the company of this particular Gravity Child; very much more so than with any members of the previous generation. "Truer words have never been spoken. But... there's a very peculiar line between enjoying one's work, and not being able to get the work done at all because of the distraction of enjoyment."

"Good, someone should be appreciating that humor." the girl said. Moving right along she'd come here for a couple of reasons and didn't expect this man to stay very long after getting the book she'd offered in exchange for the ride and bit of fun he'd given her before. That being said she couldn't well draw herself away from his company. "I suppose, that is pretty true, but if you know where the line is... I don't see it being a problem~" she said. This was generally how she thought about everything. But she was also pretty strange considering her own habits. "Speaking of work and the like, don't let me keep you from anything. I came here with the intention of picking up a couple of things and preparing something for the next meeting of my team. I appreciate your company but if you have something else to do you don't have to stay." the girl mentioned in the same way she'd been speaking the whole time. She realized that sounded a bit empty and went on. "I'm not kicking you out or anything though, actually... I really like talking to you." she added. It was true she tended to spend a lot of time here and she had no idea how long she intended to stay here. Mostly she intended to write a note for those who didn't know how to get into the secret hiding spot, mainly her brother and Mikasa. One of whom would surely understand the other might have a bit of a problem. She also had to see if she had a copy of a book that Akiza was looking for but couldn't find a copy of probably because it was over a decade old and out of print.

"I suppose I can find a line here or there. It's worth a shot, anyway." Apparently, Shizuka thought to avoid holding him up from whatever he may have been required to do elsewhere. In this particular case, though, he had been tasked with the delivery of AT parts for the Thorn Queen, and nothing more beyond that. So, with the knowledge that his company was appreciated by this one, he shook his head with a chuckle. "Iia. I was only required to do the one thing. Other than that, I have nothing on my agenda until I'm called in for a job. If you'd like a bit of privacy, though, I'll oblige."

A grin crossed the girl's face as the man said he didn't have anything else to do at the time. She simply didn't want to hold him up, but she also had nothing to hide. "Eto, it's nothing like that. I am leaving a note for my new members so they can get in to the shared space when they want even if no one else is really around. Specifically if they want in from the not dangerous way. And looking to see if I have a copy of a book Aki wanted to read, which is presently out of print." she said with a quick nod. Moving on to this she slipped behind the back counter and pulled out a sticky note and a pen and wrote a very simple note. 'Take a look at my favorite book.' leaving it stuck to the counter almost in front of said title which was a copy of 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' by Ernest Hemingway. "Since I had intended to come here on my own, I was also just going to wait around here and see if anyone else showed up, maybe have a snack and read a bit." she said realizing completely that the upper part of this store wasn't really outfitted for that part, but for some reason she was more than willing to show the 'secrets' of this place.

"Ah, I see. This place is one of those," he said as if he understood fully what Shizuka implied by 'shared space'. As she went about writing this note of hers, he pushed away from the table he'd been leaning on. If the woman intended to wait for the arrival of someone else, she had chosen an interesting time to do so. The last time he took note, her team had remained at the Black Order's meeting, and were becoming acquainted with one another... or at least, such was the case for a core member or two. "A snack and a book? That sounds delightful. Judging by what I saw when we left, though, it looks like you'd be waiting quite a while."

"Hai, it's one of those." she said with a smile. "To be fair most of us had bases in the high school, including the core team that actually won the last Parts War." she explained as she looked through the shelves. "But... the school was almost completely destroyed a couple of months back in a freakishly well placed thunder storm. Most of us had already begun looking for new spaces, with the youngest Gravity Child of our set seated to graduate this year... we figured we could set up different places for all of us to meet up and hang out with our individual teams." she said explaining the situation. "Though I've owned this place for a couple of years, I had Chiyo's pets do me a solid and put in the door here a few months ago." She said her eyes finally finding the book titled 'The Botany of Desire'. "Yare yare. I remember this one... " she said picking it up off the shelf and rolling her eyes gently at why the Thorn Queen might have asked for such a thing.

Since this man was okay with the activity of her chosen night she gestured for him to follow her behind the counter. She'd then pull on a copy of her favorite book which would move the bookshelf and lead to a very long and old staircase lined by tiny electric lights with a soft glow. These would eventually lead down into a large open hall type of space with another long stair case to the floor. It seemed to be lined with ceiling to floor windows which were presently full of the dim lights of the night sky. Beyond this, there were several rooms along the walls with glass between them and more small lights set up. This place was full of modern amenities though, including a room which served as a seating room with large plush pillow like floor seating and individual soft light reading lamps and a speaker system wired up to play soft music if one so desired. Off to the side a full fridge completely stocked with food and snacks liked by the members of her team but for everyone's general consumption.

"Sou ka," was all Shigeru had to say in response to the information he'd been given. Moving right along, he was soon guided to the other side of the counter, where a secret entrance to Shizuka's team HQ was located. He followed this stairwell to a destination unknown to him, taking in the sights through glass panes as he walked behind the Echo Queen. "Sugoi. Helluva job they did on this place," he commented. Eventually, he was brought by the woman to a very comfortable looking space, obviously designed with relaxation in mind. "This is a haven for bookworms if I've ever seen one. If I had a place like this, I'd like to think I would use it as a hideout."

"Hai!~" she said of this place in particular, and the excellent job done with its restoration. She was quite proud of it, and even though it'd been her intention to come down here and read, she mostly just felt like it would give her somewhere comfortable to speak with this man without them having to stand around while they conversed. "Would you like anything?" she asked while at the fridge grabbing a bottled water for herself and offering the man a drink of his choice. At the mention that it was a bookworm's haven she could only agree as well. "Yep, I like to think of this place as the perfect place to relax and read. Actually... I probably spend more time here than I do at my apartment." she said with a small smile. "It's quite strange I almost didn't know about it. Technically speaking this building... used to be a giant church up on the hill top about half a century ago, it was technically swallowed up by a sinkhole which formed after an earthquake. The whole building was lost, but since no one was in it at the time no one ever bothered looking for it. Eventually it was paved over. I happened to come across a book about old structures in the area so I looked for it. And eventually found a proper opening that would let me into it." she said it was actually a bit of fun, and she'd used her own abilities with her ATs to find this place. She explained this as she took a seat in one of the giant pillows, allowing it to swallow up her person with her legs crossed at the ankle to avoid flashing anyone. "It was actually structurally sound so I had it modernized, turned it into a nice little extra~" she said enjoying this space for what it was.

"Would it be too much to ask for scotch?" he said immediately, albeit with a chuckle to suggest at least partial jest. "Water would be fine." The story of this place was quite a powerful one indeed. Now that he thought about it and looked around again, he supposed the structure itself was a bit antique, even for a well-made replica; though this only added to the appeal of the place. "Sugoi. Bit of an eye for architecture, then? Well... in this case, I should probably say archaeology."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast