Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Four Demons Bookstore

A giggle came from the Echo Queen, though she realized his statement was one of at least a partial jest... she supposed she could get why one would want an actual drink. "I suppose not, but I doubt there is anything here stronger than an energy drink~" she said with a smirk. Grabbing a second water bottle to pass to the man. After she explained how she found this place in particular a small smile came to her face. "I suppose archaeology makes sense, though I'd probably say I had an ear for it~." the Echo Queen said again finding cleverness in her own joke. "I could hear the structure underneath the store it made me look into what could be down here." she explained. This was done mostly because the ground penetrating radar that was one of her tricks was how she found this place and its door, once she got inside she sort of just opened it from within using the vibrations of the sound waves created by her regalia, which sounded nice inside this place.

"That's a bit of a shame. Ah well. I can always drink at home. Arigatou." Shigeru accepted the water bottle with a nod, opening it immediately to have a swig. Given the Echo Queen's choice of words, he was easily able to form a mental link between her Road and her finding of this place. "That's a bit enthralling, you know? A Road that has such conventional uses can't be understated. I might even be a tidbit jealous."

Shizuka was happily drinking from her own water bottle as the man seemed to state he would drink at home. The thanks was simply waved off as the girl found herself relaxing in the pillow she'd chosen for a seat. Of course, while they discussed the nature of how she'd found this abandoned church, she decided this man was more than averagely clever or at the very least well informed as he found his way to the proper answer of how she'd found this place without her having to go into great detail about the explanation. "Yare, yare... I don't know if I'd call it that." the girl mentioned seeming to tint ever so faintly. Though she knew the full uses of her road, she couldn't imagine someone being jealous of such abilities, even so it was nice to feel appreciated in these moments. "Why would you be a tidbit jealous?" she asked, clearly only curious.

"Modesty suits you, but let's be honest; that's a hell of a trait to have," he insisted, fully intending to drive home his belief on this matter. "As for why. Well... I used to be a Storm Rider, in what I guess you would call the first Parts War. That kind of thing would have come in handy back then, so, kudos to you," he said while raising his bottle as if toasting. Shigeru soon took a seat on the pillow beside that which the Echo Queen had claimed, finding it to be a level of comfort he could call more than satisfactory.

The explanation that skills like Shizuka's would have been useful in the 'First Parts War' made the girl's eyes widen. Though she was modest by all accounts she really didn't have a response for that portion, she simply found herself sipping from her water bottle. It was then that all the pieces of this man seemed to come together in her head. She'd been talking with him for a great while now, he knew a lot of Gravity Children while obviously not being one himself. Beyond this, he had knowledge and insight which was generally left out from the population at large. It only made sense that he was one of the competitors from before the time of the Second Generation's Freedom. "Sou ka. I was wondering where you fit in..." she said having come to her own conclusion. "If you'd been around us, you would have ended up being called an Uncrowned King, that title we give to the strong normal ones who stand with us. That's interesting, I didn't know our predecessors had those." she said. It was interesting information to say the least. "And to my knowledge there was at least one with comparable skills, Jirou-san fits into the range of likeness to mine as far as abilities are concerned. Though mine is admittedly a bit more specialized than his. Actually, this true for most of us now that I think about it, if we have a counterpart in the previous generation, our abilities are more specialized than theirs. That was probably done on purpose, huh?" she reasoned seeming to have no problem figuring out that information.

"That's an interesting thing about your generation. In the first war, there were no Kings at all. I also wouldn't say such people really existed. There were a few of us who became skilled during that time because we found out about the powers of the Gravity Children, but even the best of us didn't hold a candle to them at the time." His explanation of the past Parts War ended with a series of gulps from the water bottle he held. As he drank, he heard the comparison between the first Gem King and the woman beside him. Thinking about it brought him to the conclusion that yes, they were quite similar in concept after all. The use of sound waves was quite simply a more focused form of general vibrations. "That sounds about right. It makes for a very interesting dynamic, actually. One with the power, one with the skill."

"First Parts War didn't have kings? That's... strange. Though given the amount of time between the last parts war and ours, it kind of explains all the randomly strong people we had to deal with. They existed trying to get better than people who were better than us." she thought about this and it was something odd. She'd always wondered where such titles came from but assumed it was simply one of those things which were assigned by those who made them. That it wasn't would lead to some questions by the young woman once she had time to fully suss out the details. Moving right along, it seemed that there was an expression of the difference in dynamics between the first generation and the second generation. And given what she'd seen of her predecessors she couldn't argue against it. "Yes, that seems to be the case." she said beginning to think more on the subject. It was very interesting now to think about the power verses skill dynamic and it made Shizuka infinitely relieved that she didn't care about where she stood compared to anyone else. If she did, it would make the knowledge that they weren't as powerful as their predecessors somewhat maddening.

"Nope. Back then, they were just the Keepers of Regalia. Anyway... yeah, that's why your enemies were strong... and that's why the next generation is going to have a much harder time than you guys did," he asserted. There were many individuals riding now, who were much stronger than the second generation would have been during the previous Parts War. "So, what are your plans with this one?"

"Hm..." she said. The knowledge that the previous generation didn't have the title 'king' made the whole thing rather strange. It also made sense of why people were so hype trying to get regalia. They probably didn't see them as belonging to the people who had them, they were just the new big thing. Such an idea gave the girl a bit of perspective on what was likely the major issue of the parts war. Beyond this though there was the question of what she specifically intended to do during this parts war and it caused a smile to come to the girl's face. "Eh, well... we aren't trying to win or anything. We have our Sky King after all." she said. "But, I plan to see if my new team format is more competitive than it was last time. And in the process, take out the more specialized teams we couldn't beat before." said the girl who couldn't help but find it amusing in prospect. There was also the matter of her using this as a live action test of her new shogi strategy, one which was sure to beat out the Tar King who was her only real competition.

"That's an interesting goal to have. Preparation like that seems to be a running theme with you. Rightly so, mind you; another thing that can't be underestimated." The longer he sat on this pillow, the more comfortable Shigeru found himself. Eventually, he had all but totally slumped into the thing, as if he were merging with it in a way. "Kuso... I shouldn't have sat here. This room's the best."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast