Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Abandoned Train

Shoichi wasn't very surprised that there were some questions about the roles being assigned to his teammates. After all, he knew that he could see something they could not, and even in such a case, his methods were more than unorthodox. To the question of why he chose Hanako as the Panther instead of Kaori, he simply smiled. "Because we're a team. That's why," he said. And, with that, he turned away from the huddle. He wouldn't explain quite yet, but the meaning behind his words was simply attributed to the improvement of the chosen Panther and Decoy being better for the group as a whole; not to mention the individual values that would be gained from the other positions in their first experience having such a Parts War. This, too, would simply have to be discovered by the members themselves as the battle went on. Usagi, who had yet to speak on the goings on since arriving, finally stepped forward in this moment. "Sho-kun is one of those people you just have to trust when he says things. He'll come through in the end," she said, directing her attention to Kaori. "Oh... also, he said you were ready for this." Following Usagi's words, she slipped an object she had crafted en route to registration underneath the girl's cloak. What followed would likely feel like a ton of shifting happening beneath the garment at once for Kaori, when in fact, Usagi had swiftly taken apart the Subregalia worn by the lass, and pieced it together with a proper core and upgraded functionality all-around. "Crescent Rose. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu, Machine Queen~♪"

Meanwhile, at the train itself, the entire team belonging to Suzu seemed to agree to the parts they were to play. "Keh! Wouldn't fuckin' play anything else!" said Hisashi. Akira and the younger girl named Miwa discretely traded off the Panther badge for their team while the other group was in their huddle. Once this trade was done, Akira took up the balloon for the battle by first swinging what looked to be a modified club at it, denting the can and forcing helium into the balloon. "Ara ara!" Kaede said abruptly. "Lookey! That one over there just got an upgrade, and it's givin' me shivers! Like... shiver me timbers all up in here! Neh, Tsusu! I'ma put bot bits in 'em, 'kay!?"

Soon, Shoichi reached the point between his team, and the opposing team. He seemed more than ready, with neither arrogance nor wariness on his visage. "Osu! Sorry about the wait. I didn't expect us to be jumping into A-Class on day one," he said with a smile.

Kaori looked at Shoichi, and it wasn't entirely friendly. Masumi seemed to not understand why there was such a reaction. "That's a bit over the top..." she said which caused Kaori's gaze to shift. Such an answer was likely the least satisfactory to the girl. With that in mind she had been about to give this particular man a piece of her mind, but then Usagi spoke up, and since the girl had been quiet their entire ride over she decided to hear her out if for no other reason than to perhaps gain a bit of insight about the man who'd recruited her without even bothering to know her. "Blind trust isn't my thing." Kaori said. Which only made Masumi look at the girl. She supposed she could understand why she couldn't just trust someone, given the situation she'd come from before this one. Strangely enough though, Masumi herself felt like the entire group was trustworthy enough even without being around them for very long. What happened next Kaori seriously didn't expect and it was the complete revamp of the sub-regalia she'd pieced together for herself over the last couple of months. Unlike most she didn't need to ask what had happened, she was simply amazed by the speed at which it took place. "Machine Queen? Crescent Rose? What?" questions stumbled out of the girl's mouth. "How did you even do that so fast?! Seriously I've been working on it the last two months and it wasn't even half done." she paused. "Hell or even so well... what?!" she was stunned. This caused the purple haired girl wonder about the sudden shift in the girl's emotional state. Even so, it seemed there would be no further arguing. Kaori supposed she wasn't being asked for complete blind faith, and she supposed if she couldn't trust her leader's judgement she shouldn't have followed in the first place. "Yare, yare. Alright... but if we lose I swear I'm joining the fanged girl's army." It seemed the other two girls were a bit less stunned this time around as they'd already seen the Pledge Queen throw together multiple pairs of ATs and upgrade a regalia without much fuss. "Still impressive though." mentioned Sawa which made Hana giggle. Given the events of this afternoon both girls seemed to trust the Sky King implicitly, if for no other reason than because he'd given them no reason to distrust him compounded with his genuine love of ATs.

Hisashi's response was about what was expected by Suzu. "Hai, just don't do anything too crazy." she mentioned to the Machine King. Moving right along it seemed that Kae had witnessed the tuning of Kaori and had quite a bit to say about it. Since she knew her own tuner's capabilities, Suzu could only assume something monstrous had taken place, but this wouldn't keep her from properly addressing the white haired girl while watching the discrete trade off between Akira and Miwa. "Well, that is a much more descriptive expression of self. Not sure how I feel about the threatening nature of it... but it definitely gets points for creativity." Soon after the Sky King broke up his little meeting huddle and mentioned that they were now ready even though he apparently hadn't known before this moment that they were an A-class team. "You just put your team together, and your first act is challenging an A-class team... ballsy, I'll give you that." the woman said as she finally exited the window she'd been resting on and then pulled with her the large mechanized fan she'd been resting her foot on outside the window. "Crush them~" she mentioned to her own team, readying the rallying cry of the start of this Parts War.

"You'll get used to it. Trust me," Usagi said regarding the Machine Queen's faith, her own tuning speed, and being on this sort of team in general. When it seemed the Parts War was ready to officially begin, Shoichi grinned at the opposing team's leader. Sure, she could call his targeting an A-Class team a ballsy move, and perhaps it was when one considered the status of his existing team. However, this was simply how Shoichi operated. "That ain't ballsy. This is ballsy!" With his left thumb, he pointed over his shoulder at Hanaka. "That one right there. That's our Panther!" he declared.

An order had been given to crush this team called White Spell, but all of Suzu's subordinates seemed taken aback by the white-haired man's declaration. None could fathom the amount of either idiocy, arrogance, or genius the man was showing in this moment. "Is he, like, for real? Or like... retarded?" Kaede questioned aloud, willing to keep nothing at all politically correct. "I vote fuckin' retarded, but that don't mean shit!" said Hisashi as he leaped from the train. The moment Suzu gave the attack order, Akira released the balloon into the air, and Hisashi had taken it upon himself to attack immediately. Baring his claws, he swiped them against one another until they caught fire. He was aiming to encroach upon Kaori with his right set of claws lashing out at her torso. "Aaaand you're it!" he called out. Shoichi, who stood motionless in this moment, spoke aloud when he was passed by the blue-haired man. "Obvious Ultimate is obvious. You just gonna take that?" he asked in a somewhat smug fashion. Meanwhile, Mira from Orient Express slipped away from both groups, darting across the side of a nearby building toward where the wind had blown the balloon.

"If you say so. Arigatou Gozaimasu, Usagi-san." this was all Kaori had to say, after all new gear, was new gear and given her own capabilities she could only appreciate what was done here. Moving right along the obvious enemy team leader complimented their group on an apparent show of bravado then rather amazingly their own leader revealed their panther. It took everything Kaori had to keep her face neutral as to not give away if he was being smart or dumb, but at this very moment she really wanted to palm her face wondering what she'd gotten into. Hana and Sawa both looked at each other after this utterance as if they couldn't believe this either and both were completely and utterly speechless. But they didn't get much time to consider this because apparently the battle was starting as the balloon floated off, Sawa immediately took off after it, her only aim to draw any unnecessary attention to herself. Hanako also left the fray albeit at a much slower pace, in fact, it wouldn't even look like she was going after the balloon she seemed to have a hard enough time simply moving at all.

"Fucking moron. You gotta be." these were the words of Suzu who normally wasn't one to swear at all. She simply couldn't believe what she was seeing and what she'd just heard. It seemed that her own Ultimate recovered fairly fast and the rest of the team was moving on their way to doing their things. As such she simply kept watch of the battle. Shoichi's statements about the statement of the other Team's Ultimate made a smirk cross Kaori's face as she removed the closed up weapon from her cloak tilting her body on her left hind wheel to spin out of the way of the coming claw while the weapon unfolded into a giant scythe and she fired an empty round at the ground shooting herself up and away from the attacker. "Gomen... I'll leave this to you." she said taking off after one of the others in the process. She understood what her job was and so she intended to assist where she was needed while getting used to what was apparently her regalia. Meanwhile a purple haired girl in her gothic lolita style dress stood at the side of the clawed young man looking completely apathetic. "No, I won't I'll take care of him. You can go do something else." she said to Shoichi specifically. There was nothing in this girl's countenance that changed but soon enough when she reached about arms distance of the young man there would be a bursting wave of wind powerful enough to blow him back in the direction he'd come from should he be unable to avoid it, caused merely by her rolling in close proximity to him. "I'm the Ultimate..." she mentioned as if knowing her position would change nothing about this situation.

"Wouldn't be the first time I heard that," Shoichi said in response to being called a moron by this red-haired lass. He was content to stand in one place while the battle ensued, and ensue, it did. Hisashi's claws missed their mark, and it seemed his target would not be participating in the fun with him. Instead, he was accosted by a strange young girl, whose simple presence near him caused him to be jettisoned away from her person. "Eh? Wind, huh? Well fuck me fuckin' sideways, you're one of the good ones too!" Without so much as a moment of hesitation, Hisashi lunged forward again. This time, he aimed to ram his claws into the abdomen of the girl before him. In the meantime, Shoichi was speaking to that very same lass. "Nah, I'll just chill here. You guys have this covered. Right, Hana-chan?" he asked of Hanaka. "Ya' gotta learn to ride before you learn to walk! Don't think about it; just loosen up and let the wind carry you!"

As the Middle, and while the Ultimate was busy elsewhere, it would have been Kaede's task to do something about the alleged Panther approaching the balloon. Since she wasn't sure the legitimacy of Shoichi's words, the girl appeared before both Sawa and Hanaka, speaking in a tone and cadence that would be expected of an announcer of sorts. "Lady and... lady! For tonight's entertainment, we have you two gettin' a couple o' mech implants! Where do ya' want 'em!? I can make yer butt cheeks self-heating!" she said with a wicked grin on her visage. At that time, she held out her right arm, which resulted in her forearm opening to reveal technology inside. The most notable of pieces to be shown was a pair of spikes that ejected from her wrist area as her left hand split into halves, folding around her arm. "Or I can do a whole do-over on that busted bod of yours, huh!?"

"I bet it's not." said the woman who was obviously watching this entire thing happen but she hadn't moved to do anything. She had more than enough faith in her team to be able to handle a group like the one that had approached them. Even with the couple of people who showed more than a little skill, there wasn't much to be done by this woman yet.

Meanwhile, Masumi seemed to be confronted by an overly battle thirsty young man. His reaction to being tossed away from her person was one she expected fully based on how he'd joined the fray in the first place. Even so, it didn't seem that Shoichi would be leaving her side anytime soon, and additionally she didn't seem to be at all worried about the clawed man who seemed to want to attack her more. "Well, I suppose if you wish to stay I'll enjoy your company." the girl said as the other boy aimed to ram claws into her person. Hana, seemed to think over what the Sky King had to say, and simply nodded thereafter. "Hai~" finding her own rhythm she began moving while concentrating only on her own sense of balance. Such a thing would lead to the girl soon enough catching up to Sawa.

During her fight as her opponent approached aiming to maim her center Masumi shifted to the left in a single sliding motion on one foot. "You're really excitable. Such intent to maim... such outright violence is not very common." she mentioned, though she knew of a couple of people who displayed similar traits from time to time in the Black Order's roster. This time it would seem to create something of a vacuum pulling the young man towards the side she'd shifted to, for the wind to burst outward once more as the pressure equalized and her weight shifted back to normal. This time was stronger than the first time and the blast from her person would touch all around her, aiming to blow him away. All the while, nothing changed about the girl's face nor her reactions. She really didn't seem to care at all.

Sawa, on the other hand was a bit surprised to find the other girl so close so soon. But it was a bit more troublesome for both girls, when the Middle of the other team showed up before them. Seeming to not be able to tell which of them was which, she threatened them both. And both were unsure what to do about it. "Am I the only one frightened?" asked Hana who seemed to be looking for the balloon but her eyes were distracted by the robotic arm of the girl before them. Sawa could already see it and nodded towards the building. "I am too, but it's a bit exciting. Really you're kinda really scary and that's really cool, but you wouldn't really make self heating butts right?" mentioned the brunette girl. But as they looked at each other salvation would descend from above in the form of several rapidly fired smoke bombs from Kaori. But the girl didn't stop moving then and lashed out with her new weapon spinning in her hand. "Yo, both of you get moving~" Kaori said. And both girls nodded this time splitting up completely and taking different routes. Kaori planned to keep this particular girl busy until there was more than enough space between her and their Panther and Decoy. "That's some pretty nice gear you got going there. I'm a bit of a weapons nerd myself~ If we weren't on opposite teams, I'd swap stories~" she mentioned as she swiped the weapon sideways as if she intended to try and cut the woman before her only at the last possible second an empty shell was fired off instead propelling the girl around in a circle while she spun the weapon so the back of it could be used to sweep the other young woman off her feet intending to leave her on the ground and on her back. After all, Kaori was in this mostly to aid in diversions and right now she was helping the other two make progress. Sawa, ended up at the bottom of a building spinning herself up a fire-escape with multiple grinding motions and constant rotations of her wheels. While, Hana was still moving at her awkwardly steady pace to another building completely.

"You'd be surprised, though. Everybody usually is," Shoichi said while crossing his arms and shifting his gaze around the area, simply to inspect the progress of the others. "Yeah... I think I was right. My team's totally winning this," he asserted. "I'll say now, though, it's nice meeting ya'. Second Wind Rider I've met in the past week or so."

Hisashi was once again met with resistance which didn't obviously come from the girl before him, but instead seemed to spawn from nothing at all. This time may have been more forceful than the last, but Hisashi pressed onward against it nonetheless. His claws lost their flames, and he was virtually stopped in his tracks, but he still forced his own movement. Slowly but surely, he was cutting the distance between himself and Masumi. "Don't give me that shit. I've seen the real members of that team you wear the uniform of. You might have a couple of tricks up your sleeve, but you ain't got shit on those guys!"

"Kuku! I'll give ya' heated butts and put drainpipes in yer pussies!" the tuner cackled in response to Sawa's query, be it meaningful or rhetorical. She was fully prepared to deal with these girls here and now, but there was a sudden assault of smoke bombs in the area they inhabited. This marked the arrival of the newly-crowned Machine Queen, Kaori, whom Kaede greeted with a grin once the smoke cleared. "Oooh, ya' like gears!? We get to have good ol' fashioned girl talk about oil and nuts and bolts and screws!? OOOH, will there be tea and barbie dolls!?" she questioned with a laugh. Kaori's approach came with a series of interesting maneuvers, and a rather lovely showcase of her weapon. Soon enough, she found herself suddenly looking toward the open sky above, as she had been taken off her feet. This was, strangely, met with a smile as well. In spite of the girl's uprooting, she rolled back into her original position immediately after hitting the ground. When she righted herself, she swung her mechanical arm around wildly, firing off a continuous particle beam with no particular goal in mind, albeit with a path that would have it cross from Kaori's right hip to the left side of her rib cage early in the beam's firing.

The red haired woman's neck shifted backward and she managed to look a bit disgusted by the idea that anything about this man would be surprising to anyone. It was clear he was likely stupid but she had a decent bit of faith in her own team. "Uh-huh... Don't you think you are calling it a bit early." said Suzu as she watched her Ultimate press on through whatever form of trickery the odd purple haired girl was using. Beyond this the mention of her being the second wind user he'd met in about a week. "Wind riders are rare." she said in slight disbelief. "Oh, no... not you." she said as if she was disgusted by the idea of sharing such a similarity with the young man before her.

Masumi heard the words of this young man and nothing about her face changed. She'd been apart of quite a few races in her time as a member of the Black Order, but it'd been quite a while since she'd encountered someone who had a problem dealing with the people who weren't considered the Black Order's best. The generals themselves rarely dealt in Parts Wars all at once, so an attitude such as his would be annoying... if the girl felt such a thing. Of course, she had no problem showing him something to get him to stop moving properly. "I am a real member of the team. You have the wrong idea about how it works if you really think so little." she said with much apathy, instead of letting the boy struggle against being able to close the space between them, she felt the wind moving against her person and launched herself forward closing the gap between them. In so doing those odd wheels on the bottom of her ATs all applied an inverted pressure which would crush the young man further for about three seconds as Masumi came to a stop exactly outside of arms reach. This action would cause an explosion of gale force winds to occur between them as her wheels spun against the ground aiming to equalize the difference between the winds around this young man and the ones around herself. Such would be enough to pummel this young man with concussive force and send him flying into the train car hard enough that his body would dent the side of it if the trick went off without a hitch.

Meanwhile, Kaori was successful in her initial maneuver which got both of the others moving once more. But beyond that point it seemed that the girl she'd managed to knock over had made some major upgrades to her body as she soon got back up after saying some very interesting things. "Umm, you're a strange one..." she said with a small smile. This girl was at least funny but whens he got up from being knocked over the black haired girl's eyes widened. "Oh, with some major upgrades. Is that a particle gun?!" she said eyes widening just in time to see it activate. But the Machine Queen had some quick reflexes, she kicked down firing off another round with her scythe and while she was in the air from the backlash she switched the weapon in her hand into rifle mode. "Oh... this is new." with her weapon like this she managed to load it with a more compressed ball than her usual ones it was made when she reached into her utility belt. The round was placed into the bottom of the weapon then fired downward with much force directly in front of the young woman, it would create an flash bang reaction which would disorient and hopefully put this young woman out of commission.

Hana had begun moving much more regularly and was now at the top of a building watching as the balloon floated just out of reach, still she kept going. She didn't know why, but she had a great deal of faith that when she needed to reach the balloon she'd be able to, even as she headed towards the edge of the building. She was up higher than she had been when she was injured, if she missed this time it would likely kill her, but... she felt like this was a necessary thing to do.

"Nah. Early would have been before I got a proper look at you guys. No disrespect, y'know? Your crew's good and all, but my guys'll be better in a few minutes." With the root of his analysis out in the open, Shoichi returned his gaze to the Orient Express' leader. Still, he smiled in the most casual manner as the idea hit her that he, too, was a wind rider. "Yep! I don't wanna brag, but I'm pretty much as good as it gets," he said while rubbing his forefinger against his nose.

Hisashi's efforts to reach the girl again seemed to be paying off. He sneered when she claimed to be a 'real member' of the Black Order, and continued to reach out with his claws. He could see it... the five claws reaching the flesh of the girl's abdomen, and digging in, blood gushing from her tiny frame as he shredded vital organs and took solace in the blood-gurgling screams to ensue. Sadly, this was not to be. By some strange method, he was repulsed into the side of the train. The wind was knocked out of him as he caved in the metal and took quite a bit of heavy damage to his back. He'd have shattered a window if he went any higher, but more importantly, he felt there was some lasting damage done to his body from this. "Oi, Masu-chan!" Shoichi called out in surprise. "Tink's gotta fix that, y'know?" he concluded. Meanwhile, Hisashi worked to peel himself away from the dent in the train. "You gotta be fuckin' shittin' me. I dunno how the fuck these tricks are happening!"

"IT'S A FUCKIN' PARTICLE GUN!" said Kaede who seemed to be in a state of ecstasy in this moment. Her tongue hung from her mouth as the beam she fired sliced through the air. It may have missed its target due to a crafty bit of evasion, but she always felt good simply firing it. Still, she had to cut this bit of fun short with Kaori hopping about. She had to admit that the weapon this girl wielded was quite the astounding piece of technology, and her skill with it to be capable of maneuvering by releasing shots was nothing to shake a stick at, as it were. A flash bang even existed as part of her arsenal, and as it came down, Kaede aimed what appeared to be a miniature rocket launcher from her forearm at the girl. The flash bang exploded in a flare of blinding light, and in that moment, the small rocket was unleashed. Its trajectory after the flash bang led through the air in Kaori's general vicinity, but nowhere near her bubble of personal space. Of course, this was intentionally done by Kaede. Her aim here was not Kaori, but instead to have her "Pocket Rocket", as she called it, curve around in the sky and descend upon the Panther Hanako. "Ooh, flashy! Tryin' ta play peekaboo!? Sucks! I'm fuckin' blind!" she stated. Kaede was not at all affected by this flash of light. Her eyes, though operational, were fully synthetic. There were more mechanical bits to this girl than her left arm alone.

"No disrespect huh?" this was the young woman's statement. She'd been watching the whole of these moments to get a feel for her usefulness in this. She'd let Hisashi take his hit because, she knew it would only make it worse if she interfered directly. She couldn't tell directly how the girl's trick worked, but she knew the purple haired girl to be changing the pressure around herself and her opponent. If this woman messed with the wind it would only make the strength of the attacks against her Ultimate worse. "You don't want to brag, but you're telling me. Ever been told you're contradictory?" she said with an eye roll. Still there was almost nothing to worry about as her own Panther was likely still doing his own thing.

Meanwhile Masumi's eyes shifted towards Shoichi. After her attack, the young man who seemed a bit surprised, went on to point out that the Pledge Queen would have to fix any damage she did to the Abandoned Train they were trying to take as their base. "Obviously, I am aware. I didn't break the window." she mentioned with about as much emotion as she'd always shown. This young man she was fighting was now trying to get himself together, he apparently didn't understand how her tricks were working and given the kind of personality he showed, she figured it wouldn't really matter even if she explained. "Every time you come towards me, your body creates a differential pressure because we are so very different. And when I touch the wind I alter that pressure causing either suction or blow out, making it easy to divert you, and your attacks. The damage to your body will only get worse, vacuums aren't good for people... even the tiny bit of vacuum pressure I create." she said seemingly without caring about any of these facts. "Basically I am turning your malicious intentions against you." she mentioned, unintentionally explaining to herself what the Storm Queen meant by calling her a prickly prey animal.

"And that is why I couldn't help you. It would have been worse." said their leader. Moving right along there was a battle taking place between Kaori and this other young woman the former of which had tried using less violent means of ending a fight but not gotten anywhere due to the apparent blindness of the Tuner she was facing off against. "Well, I never thought I'd see an actual particle gun. You went really hard for your upgrades... I'll give you that... I guess." she looked at the young woman firing off rockets which seemed to not be aimed for Kaori herself, but instead for the others. Hana, approaching the balloon. The shot couldn't be made in time to save the other girl completely and Kaori herself wouldn't make it across in time. "Blind faith." she smirked pulling a last kind of shell from her utility belt. She'd yet to try these out but she'd probably need to. It was full of dry ice and another chemical. She'd taken to calling it 'Gravity Dust'. Its only purpose to cause major widespread impact, like close range shotgun fire while Kaori herself hoped that something else would take care of the other girl. "You'll like this maybe." she said spinning the weapon around it regained its scythe but this time extended to double its length which the girl used to line up the perfect shot down on Kaede. This shot would have enough impact to practically bury the other young woman and likely break most of her robotic upgrades while shooting Kaori herself further up into the air. The impact this time was aimed for the center of the other girl, she was done playing nice and she wasn't sure how much of the other girl was machine or not.

Meanwhile, it was time for the decoy to do her job. She'd been trailing around behind Hana and was presently sliding up some rails on the building aiming to get under her in case she fell. But upon seeing the rocket coming her way, Sawa tossed herself up taking on a spinning top motion upside down above Hana to disrupt the rocket which would have fallen upon her during the leap of faith she'd taken. She extended her hand to the other girl. "That hit was mine to take. Up ya' go." she said throwing the girl up through the smoke with an extended arm, so that she could try and reach the last couple of meters for the balloon being carried by the wind.

During all of this the leader of this group saw the shell coming from above, and without any knowledge of what it would do moved to Kaede's side, she finally opened that large fan of a sub-regalia, not wanting her tuner to be shattered completely by the gravity based attack. Such an impact would instead be taken by the large spinning dome created by the 3 open vents on the giant war fan she manipulated as if it weighed nothing. "Tell me we aren't getting out-classed by a bunch of 'plebs' Kae." she said to the young woman as the pair of them were sunk into a hole a few meters deep from the mediated impact.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast