Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Tokyo City] Nakano Broadway

[Tokyo City] Nakano Broadway

Nakano Broadway (中野ブロードウェイ) is a shopping complex in Tokyo famous for its many stores selling anime items and idol goods, inlcuding more than a dozen small Mandarake stores, which specialize in manga and anime related collectibles. The shopping complex is a short walk from Nakano Station, which is five minute train ride from Shinjuku via the JR Chuo Line.

There are four levels of shopping at the Nakano Broadway. The second and third levels are where the many anime and idol related shops are located. Here, shoppers can find manga, magazines, collectors' items, animation character figurines, idol merchandise, game consoles, video games, animation/idol related CDs, as well as little souvenirs to take home, such as idol playing cards or key chains.

The ground level of the Nakano Broadway has shops selling clothes, shoes, tidbits and second hand goods. The basement level is a marketplace, where the locals shop for their groceries. Products on sale range from fruits and vegetables to meat and seafood.

Leading to the Nakano Broadway from Nakano Station is the Nakano Sunmall, a 225 meter long, covered shopping street with a wide variety of shops, including food joints, cafes, watch dealers, jewelers, fashion boutiques, pharmacies, game centers, book stores and others.

On the side streets branching off from the shopping street are food alleys with various restaurants, including many izakaya (Japanese style pub/eatery), that serve all different kinds of food. Here one can experience the atmosphere of the bustling food crowd while taking a break from the shopping.

About 30 minutes after the end of her shift, a pink haired girl found herself arriving in front of a large shopping complex in Tokyo. Soon after she would be seen looking at the building in awe. She was currently dressed in seemingly casual attire purple and black in color with a butterfly motif. "Sugoi!~ I have never been to this one before." she mentioned of the place with childlike excitment. It had been quite a while since her last shopping trip but now with no rent and a full paycheck to spend she fully intended to splurge.

"Pretty sweet, right?" said one Takeuchi Shoichi as he descended from above. He landed next to the pink-haired lass when he spoke. For the duration of her trip to Tokyo, the young man had been following from the sky above. In doing so, he aimed to avoid showing up too late, or too early, only for one individual to be waiting around. "This place is basically nerd central. I dunno if you're into that stuff, but there's still some pretty cool stuff here if you're not."

Unsurprisingly enough the Thunder Queen was soon joined by the Sky King as they had previously arranged. His words of greeting made her nod her head excitedly in his direction."It really is.... I was a bit distressed when I found out Abenobashi went up in flames but this will do nicely." the pink haired young woman mentioned. As they moved forward into the place it was explained by Shoichi that this place was nerd central. That was interesting and though Mikasa wasn't super interested in anime or manga she did like pop idols and music so she figured she could look into that. As well as some figures for decorating her room. "Pop idols and figurines. Ooh~ Maybe a Dreameater poster to decorate my room!~" she squealed while thinking of merchandise to spend her money on.

"Yeah, that kinda sucks," Shoichi replied. "I'm pretty sure they'll have it back up and running really soon, though. Y'know... unlike the house," he continued with a roll of his eyes. Moving right along, he learned that the Thunder Queen did indeed have an interest here, at least in certain things that could be found in Nakano. With this in mind, he stepped forward. "Sweet! I was thinking of picking up a figure or two myself. Let's go!"

Mikasa found herself giggling about the Sky King's excitment about figures. "Neh, Sho-nii, I didn't know you were into figures~" she said happy to find that she wasn't alone in this random collectible hobby. As she rolled in she began looking for a shop that would catch her attention. There were mostly resturants on this end and with that in mind she took in the sights and smells of the area. "Also... how long did the house take to rebuild?" she questioned remembering that the Sky King had mentioned that the remodel was recent but she did not know how recent.

"Oro? Of course I am; I'm into everything!" he said with a grin. He had taken off ahead of Mikasa, inhaling deeply to commemorate what had to be his first time setting foot in this particular space without ATs. That aside, the man with his plain white sneakers peeked into roughly every shop on his way down the corridor, pausing his glances only to turn and address Mikasa's query. "Uhh... I think it was, like, three months? Something like that. They built it to survive a hurricane though, from the looks of things. No surprise there... the last one went down pretty hard."

Mikasa looked at the Sky King seeming not to really understand him. It simply didn't seem possible for someone to be into everything, though she supposed she could see the appeal of liking many things. At least that way, one wouldn't have to look to hard to find entertainment. "That... seems exhausting. How would you keep up with everything, if you actually liked everything?" she asked. She couldn't imagine trying to organize such random tastes, and figured it would be an odd thing. Moving right along she continued peeking into shop windows as well, taking note of things she might like and looking for any of the things she wanted listed or unlisted in her previous statements about shopping. As she did this, Shoichi explained how long the house had been down, and something about the strength of the redesigned one. "Your old house broke so hard, it had to be rebuilt to survive a hurricane? That... is a bit extreme. Though I suppose I have seen stranger things." she said as she finally came to a stop in front of a particular store window. This one sold posters and knick-knacks, one of these items caught her eye, and it was a poster of the Dreameater. "Sugei... I need that in my life." she said heading inside. It was such a strange thing to want but the girl truly enjoyed the music created by this particular young man.

"Who needs to keep up? If ya' just get into everything, there's never a need to go looking for something you like. You've already got something you like right in front of yourself!" he said with a wide grin. The Sky King was a man of very simple preference, as he found enjoyment out of everything he possibly could. Such was even the case right now; in spite of the fact that he wasn't often one for making such leisure trips, he thought it was a good idea to hang out with the Thunder Queen under circumstances that didn't involve racing. "Yeah, we fuckin' wrecked it! It was kinda tense at the time, but in hindsight, it was a good bit of fun... and a wake-up call for me." In a matter of moments, Mikasa's eye was caught by something of interest. Shoichi didn't initially see what it was, but when he followed her into the shop, he realized what she had been referencing. "Ohhh, that kid. Y'know he's been performing at that Karaoke Bar in Miya-..." Shoichi's words paused there, and his eyes widened. Suddenly, he realized something that should have come to mind months ago... something that shocked him like nothing before, and something that made the Sky King feel very, very oblivious to the things around him. "Ho... ly... shit..."

"That... is amazing. A bit simple, but I think I like it." said the Thunder Queen. It had been quite a while since she was out and about enjoying herself. And beyond this point, it seemed that the Sky King knew of her idol interest. He started to say that the young man had been performing in Miyabigaoka which she knew about. She had an interesting story to tell about that but perhaps at some other time because Shoichi's sentence just stopped and it distracted her a bit. "Sho-nii?" she questioned not understanding what would have caused the pause. Beyond this the man seemed to have some sort of awesome realization. It came complete with a curse which she didn't understand the context for. The entire thing was quite frustrating because he hadn't yet formulated an answer. "HOLY SHIT WHAT SHO-NII!!? IS IT ABOUT THE DREAMEATER? I NEED TO KNOW!!" the girl questioned her voice taking on an almost whiny quality, she wasn't upset she simply wanted to know, and not knowing seemed to be almost pushing her to the brink of tears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast