Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Daybreak Town

"Aww, I'm so not though..." the girl said a small blush coming to her face. She never thought much of her own abilities, mostly because she was so incapable of picking a thing to do. Even so, her lack of focus tended to lead to surprising combinations. Much like the one she wanted to test out. Moving right along the commentary about the Keyblade the Master had most recently given her, made young Kousagi smile a bit. "Yeah, I really like it actually~ I haven't really played with it yet, so I'm not sure what it does yet," she mentioned seeming to get a bit excited. "So... can I test it out on you?"

"Oh shut up. I won't even let you believe that. You might not have any specific strengths, but you also don't have any weaknesses. That, in itself, is a strength. Everyone else might think otherwise, but I think you're the most like the Master in that regard." Apparently, Kousagi had no idea what her Keyblade did by way of combat abilities yet, and was keen on testing it out on him. A grin appeared upon his shrouded visage when this idea was offered, and the Master Seeker Keyblade in his right hand underwent a form change, taking the appearance of a greave around his fist. With his now-greaved hand, he beckoned the girl toward himself. "I'd be honored. Come on."

"Aww..." the girl got a bit bashful at the thought of being anything like the Master. When she did this she rubbed the back of her head with her left hand in the usual way, but in doing so, caused her telekinetically controlled Keyblade to spin quite a bit behind her back. It was as if this form wasn't meant to be still in the least. She really didn't see the strength in the lack of her specialization, especially when she compared herself to her peers. But, if Sion said it, she believed him, such was the nature of their friendship. Soon after though the boy motioned towards himself saying he'd be honored to be the test subject of her newly acquired Keyblade this made her smile and bounce on her toes a couple of times before she rather quickly launched herself forward.

The movement itself brought her to the young man's fore, faster than she'd ever moved before. 'That's fast... almost too fast.' The small girl thought to herself, but it didn't stop her from beginning her attack. Soon enough she was swinging her original Keyblade into the young man's body rapidly after about five of these strikes aimed at the boy's arms and torso, she'd find herself off the ground and spinning into an attack with her new Keyblade aimed horizontally at the boy's torso, this new Keyblade seemed to release a white mist at it's movement, but she wasn't sure what it did yet. This movement of attacks seemed somehow weaker than she expected, but it would be in this moment that she realized why this was. As she incidentally began the creation of five light filled slashes against the ground which would end in an explosion of light around the young man. She realized she'd fallen into a style change without realizing it, simply because it was so easy to perform. "Oooh, it's... FEVER PITCH!!!"

The speed at which Kousagi approached him initially was something which caused Sion's eyes to widen. He would have equated this sort of speed to that of someone who specialized exclusively in mobility when using Master Form, but there was something a bit stranger about it than just higher-than-expected movement ability. With the coming combination attack, Sion raised his greaved hand to defend. His "Keygreave" defended him against the initial attack successfully enough, but the following four found quick residency in his torso over the course of a mere second or so. Though they didn't seem to inflict nearly as much damage as he expected, the combination of four blows winded the young man. Luckily, the following aerial spin gave just enough of an opening for him to will his telekinetically controlled No Name Keyblade overhead to defend him. He thought this would be all... but such was not the case one bit. Just when he expected to catch his breath and retaliate, the sudden explosion of light encompassed his entire being, causing the stiffening of his body as even his hood was blasted back. "Aaugh!" he groaned after a truly unexpected amount of pummeling plagued him. By the end, he was staring down the young teen and discovering that she'd activated a Style Change as well. "Fever Pitch? Well I definitely caught the fever part of it. But... it looks like I'm getting a pretty decent bit of durability from this form. Let's see what I can do to catch up."

Sion took a moment to collect himself and focus on the form he was currently in. After a short passage of time, his Keygreave and Keyblade were both surging with lightning. The Keyblade he controlled telekinetically was sent spinning toward Kousagi, aiming to deal more than just a bit of extra damage compared to the normal Thunder Raid use. At the same time, he pointed his greave toward the girl. "Plasma!" he called out as he unleashed three balls of electricity in unison; one following in the shadow of the Keyblade, and the other two branching out to either side. In spite of this maneuver, his focus seemed to be above the location of the younger Master, as if preparing for something beyond this assault.

"Oops, sorry..." she said after her final attack was blocked. It was so easy to use the Fever Pitch Style Change, that she hadn't realized it'd been done until after she was moving about. Still, it seemed that Sion was keen to catch up, and even his hood had flown back revealing his face. "It feels almost normal to use that Style Change. It's like it belongs... fast movements, slightly weaker but way quicker strikes, taking advantage of the power this 'Master Form' offers. Even general movement speed. Someone who specializes in speed, would be a nightmare using this form and that Style Change." The teen girl summarized. Though she was quite young, she seemed to have a very particular battle sense, and given this, she seemed to be perfectly capable of understanding the easiest use of the new form she was given, not that she'd stop with something easy.

After Sion gathered himself though, he seemed content to try and catch up with her. His thunder charged Keyblade was soon spent spinning in the girl's general direction and it was far too easy for her to simply slide away from it after jumping mid-air, the evasiveness given by this form was simply startling. Still, there was now the matter of lightning balls which seemed to be coming her way at an alarming rate. She couldn't simply move, so her pattern seemed to take her upwards as she went into a spinning maneuver to try and dodge the two coming from the sides, and if she could not, instead shatter them with contact with her telekinetically controlled Keyblade. Little did she know the white mists which was leaking from the tip of this Keyblade would condense as she spun it in the direction of the plasma balls allowing her to block their progress, aiming to knock them back instead. "OOoooh!~ That's kinda cool~" she chimed seeming not to take notice of the boy's intentions for above her into an area she was presently rising.

As Kousagi moved higher into the air, Sion grinned again while pointing his No Name Keyblade upward. It charged itself with an even greater amount of electricity than it previously held, finalizing the illusion to a Style Change known as Thunderbolt. What he had initiated was the ultimate attack of this style, but before its charge completed, he leaped into the air and left the Keyblade where it was. His jump took him to Kousagi's height as his floating Keyblade below shot an orb of electricity upward. From mid-air, Sion performed a second hop to lead him even higher, all while the lightning orb continued to rise, which it would do until it was between the locations of Sion and Kousagi. The orb would rain down lightning strikes from above the lass, boasting great damage potential, but this was not all. From even higher above, Sion swung down his Keygreave to summon a mass barrage of burning meteors upon the area in which they now fought. This would double the already impressive number of things Kousagi had to dodge or defend against. To keep himself elevated, Sion then changed his Master Seeker's form once more. It became a form retaining its usual rainguard as its core in his right hand, with two small wings on its bottom half, another with the Gazing eye on its top right, and a large wing on its top left. This allowed Sion sustained flight overhead, where he would wait and see how Kousagi dealt with his attacks.

And what a comeback Sion would soon be making. Sion soon abandoned one of his Keyblades and flew past, Kousagi. As this was done, she was soon left facing a large orb of lightning which was flying up to fill the space between herself and Sion. "Oh, this has Tempie written all over it," she said sounding a bit exasperated. Even so, it was kind of interesting to see, mostly because it was usually her taking in everyone else's styles. Moving right along, this orb was raining down lighting strikes which she began to move to avoid. But this wasn't all that was coming her way. Beyond this Meteors began to rain down upon her along with the lightning. This move was so classically Sion, she could have almost laughed. But there was no way for her to do so while having to deal with so much. "I guess I have no choice," the girl mentioned. Instead of continuing with Fever Pitch and trying to avoid all that was falling. She flew directly upwards, aiming to go into the orbs and whatever falling meteors were around her. Her body seemed to be shrouded in light as she did this, and as soon as she physically made contact with something, she'd draw back both of her Keyblades. This would create a javelin of light out of each of these which would allow her to poke through the first line of defense before she turned around and launched the pair and all of the light down into the barrage. "Judge of Destiny~" the call of this attack would send light breaking into every attack and lightning orb threatening to encompass all while neutralizing the elemental affinity of all and disintegrating the attack. All of this would actually exhaust the young girl causing her mask to fall back from her face at the impact. Still she'd turn back to Sion, with those big red eyes of her hers filled with wonder. A mop of pink hair with bun like ear attachments visible for the first time in ages. "Oh, that's no fair, it was way too much." she pouted slightly.

"Does it?" he asked. "I guess I do feel a bit... lightning-y. Maybe it has something to do with her being there when I got this power," he concluded. Kousagi went on to dodge around his lightning strikes and meteors, but this strategy was not held for long. She chose instead to strike out at the barrage with her Limit skill, which Sion looked toward with a raised brow. 'Is that coming for me?' he wondered. Just in case she would be attacking him during this retaliation, he held his Master Seeker out toward her, converting it into a form reminiscent of a shield. In this state, the weapon created an impenetrable barrier to guard against the explosions caused by Kousagi's Limit Break. Due to the given angle, Sion and his barrier were pushed higher into the air by the blasts. In the meantime, he chuckled at the statement made by the girl below. "Too much? I thought we were just about to get more serious."

"Yes, yes it does." The small girl mentioned with a nod about the abilities the other boy's Master Form seemed to take. Beyond this point, it seemed that he was perfectly capable of defending himself even against her Limit Break, not that she'd been aiming to take him out with it in the first place. Having successfully ended this particular attack she sighed in relief at the moment only to have the boy's words of getting serious reach her ears. "No way!! That'd be too much. Plus we aren't suppose ta' do stuff like that," She made these statements complete with overly dramatic movements of her arms mimicking how the Master would have responded to such a thing, and causing herself to giggle at her own joke. "Hmm, doing all that always makes me really hungry..." she pouted and made a statement about the use of her Limit Break. The youngest of the Master's apprentices apparently had a very healthy appetite and though she had boundless energy it seemed she needed and even more plentiful supply of food to fuel it.

With a deep exhale, Sion reverted to his normal form, banishing both Keyblades as he descended toward the ground next to Kousagi. When he landed, he turned toward the girl and raised his hand as if intending to offer her a high-five. "We'll find a better spot for letting loose next time. I know you've got more than that in you somewhere. You should really work on how much energy you waste on that Limit, though," he said. As one would expect from knowing the pink-haired lass, she was suddenly in a bit of an eating mood. This brought a rather wide grin to the male Master's face. "I've got an idea then. Let's celebrate strong friendship. We'll go to the shop, and we'll try every ice-cream flavor they've got! My treat."

Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast