Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Daybreak Town

"No, no, I insist," he replied while crouching to help the young woman off the ground. As far as this lad was concerned, the entire collision was his fault. As such, he did what he could to help this individual along on her journey to stand again. "So, you're alright then? That didn't look like a very pleasant fall."

This young man insisted that he was to blame for this, and if taking the blame in this way was something he wanted, she wouldn't continue to argue about it. "If you say so. We could however share fault." she said and while she struggled to get back to her feet this young man helped her which she also gladly accepted. "Thank you very much." she said before dusting herself off a bit and straightening up her clothing. As for the nature of this fall, she didn't think much of it, it was quite normal for her at this point, and wasn't nearly as painful as some of her previous tumbles. "Ah, it wasn't so bad. I run into things pretty often. I promise, I am alright... there is no need to worry." she said. As she also checked the book and found it no worse for wear. "You're a kind soul..." she said to the young man before her. Taking this as an opportunity she would introduce herself and see if she might finally find the first person to join her union. "My name is Gula. I am one of the Master's Apprentices. I have been tasked with forming a union... you wouldn't want to be part of helping maintain the balance of light and darkness with me would you?" she asked in a very polite and straightforward manner.

"Hmm... you're right. But no. I'm having it all," was his retort. A sigh of relief passed his lips upon finding out that this young woman was well after their collision. "Good," he said. It was then that the masked woman decided to introduce herself, which she did with a very forthright recruitment drive. "Nice to meet you, Gula! I'm Johan. I have no idea what I'm getting into, but you seem nice, and Unions sound fun, so I'll just jump the gun and say yes!"

After a few moments it seemed the young man was both appreciative of her well-being after they had run into each other and accepted her offer to join her Union without really knowing what they were about. Of course, she was fine with this as it meant she finally had a member for her group which was a much easier than she'd initially anticipated. Especially given that her first try at this hadn't yielded proper results. "Uh... that's good. I didn't expect that to go so well. So, Johan, apparently we are all just going to do slightly competitive things and collect the light. And in the mean time I am also going to study the mysteries of this book, which apparently I am not supposed to let anyone see. Sorry. Moving right along though... I suppose I should keep looking for people. Though... I never thought this would go so well." she said. She was a different kind of antisocial from the Master Invi, but she was still a bit more awkward. But she was much more direct in getting things out of people, and rather calm beyond that. "Also I think, as a reward for being my first official recruit... I could teach you the skill I created which made me a Master..." she said knowing that taking on a group like this was essentially her taking on her own large group of apprentices. As such they should get the skills their masters created.

"Why not? You seem pretty awesome to me, so I don't know why anyone wouldn't join up with you. Besides, the leopard mask adds a ton of mystery. Like, I want to find out what your face looks like under there levels of mysterious. All good qualities," he asserted. Apparently, the goal of these Unions was a bit of competition to collect light; something made possible by use of Keyblades. With this being the case, he was definitely excited to be a part of a Union. This young woman also seemed to have a skill which was great enough to have her christened Master at some point. "You created a skill? That's pretty cool. What does it do?"

"I don't know actually, technically speaking I had someone turn me down a bit ago, but it might have just been because he was waiting on his friend." she said of her earlier encounter. She didn't think she was particularly mysterious or alluring in this manner, but she supposed not knowing what someone's face looked like could make for a bit of curiosity. "Mystery is an interesting quality and uncovering mystery is something I plan on doing, so at the very least you have the right kind of mindset." she said of the young lad before her. As for the skill she had, she smiled. "I have been calling it Shotlock. The only people who know it right now are me and the other of the Master's apprentices. I taught it to them too. It's kind of... a form of hyper concentration which allows for one to target multiple things at once. The easier you focus the easier it is to pull off... and it seems to favor the person doing it, as everyone who does it seems to do it differently. Though... I can do it a couple of different ways." she mentioned, but now she realized she was sort of just standing in the middle of town. "Come along... I'll show you while I think of another way to find a new member or two." she said to the young man. If he followed she would lead to something which looked like a large library, but instead of going inside she walked around the back of it, to an open courtyard she favored for her own practice. It had several dozen dummies set up which were among the things she liked about this area.

"Shotlock..." he repeated. The name and explanation given for this skill of Gula's were both quite intriguing, and he was keen to at least see how it was performed first-hand. "Sounds like fun. So, from the way you said that earlier... do all of you have something that makes you a Master? I mean, I've met a few of the great Master's apprentices when learning about the Keyblade, but... it looks like you guys have had a rank-up since then. Every one I saw seemed to have a way bigger presence than anybody else I've ever met... even you now while you're being relaxed. But, that would be something even more amazing."

As Gula walked towards this library she had a conversation with the young man who she'd so recently recruited. In fact, she'd go on to explain a bit about how the direct apprentices of the Master worked. "Yes, when we developed our special skills the Master made us all Masters. We recently got more instructions from the Master as well, more of us were tasked with things like building Unions and maintaining the power structure. But many of us created things, other Keyblade Wielders could use. For instance, the Magic we use with our Keyblades was created by the prodigy among us. He stands out even among us, but I suppose it would make sense if most of us showed a bit more... presence than other people. Though I am quite sure everyone who will gain power will grow into it." she mentioned as they reached the training ground she stood in the middle of the place but... much to her surprise there was someone else here already practicing. A blonde young woman wearing a yellow and white skirt and an open vest, which was zipped just around her chest. The woman in the leopard mask stood and watched as the girl performed a series of strikes. One while coated in ice, which caused an eruption of cold and ice while she jumped. Another then was immediately followed up with a jumping attack during which she coated her Keyblade in flames which took down three more dummies. The last of this combination had no element and simply caused the ground beneath the dummies to quake producing several large boulders which damaged several more dummies. After a second the girl stood up straight and smile. "Woo~ That is almost exactly what I want... dunno though, feels like it's missing something." she quipped, not seeming to have noticed the entrance of the Master Gula.

"Huh? But I figured all of you guys would just be equals under the Master. You seem kind of modest, though... you could totally take him, couldn't you?" Johan asked with a playful grin as he nudged the young woman he walked beside. Soon, he stopped in the training grounds, watching as the peculiar blonde went about her practice. It was a very interesting thing to behold; this girl seemed to be about the same age as him, yet quite a bit more skilled without being one of the Masters. It seemed, however, that she was finding some issue with her practice. Before Johan spoke or stepped forward, another individual appeared. This figure was a strawberry blonde boy with a white and orange ensemble featuring gold lining and accessories. He darted from the sidelines with a Keyblade that seemed to be made of ice itself, swinging it in the direction of more training dummies. "Try it with this, Lily! Aero!" the boy called out. The movement of his Keyblade summoned the wind to lift three dummies near his person into the air. This was his attempted offering to the blonde lass, whom he thought might get a bit more excitement out of airborne targets.

"That one... I doubt I could take." she said thinking about it from a direct perspective, accepting the playful nudge and meeting it with a gentle shove. Sion the man now known as the Master Luxu, was quite far ahead of most of them. Even he wasn't the strongest physically he was likely the most intelligent by a large margin. Even Gula herself knew this for some reason. "And that isn't a modesty thing. He's quite a bit cleverer than even I can claim to be. I feel like he'd get one over on me." she said though she'd never actually considered fighting that young man in particular. After this she was left to watch an apparent training session taking place. And she had to say she was quite impressed by what she was seeing. The girl, was quite powerful for her not to be considered one of the Masters and the boy with her, was quite clever even though he was clearly a bit weaker. "Hm... perhaps I was going about this all wrong and I should have just waited for nature to take its course." she said with a smile.

Meanwhile the girl apparently known to at least this orange haired boy as "Lily", was jumping into the air after the Aero spell. It didn't take long for her to realize what the other boy was getting at. "Oh, I get it. That's pretty smart." she said. She also had the ability to use the Aero spell which would raise enemies and allow for the combination of attacks she was about to perform. The strikes of her previous combo were performed, but instead of a down and upward constant jumping she bounced around multiple targets with a single strike and then sent all rushing towards the ground from the air. The impact was powerful, and she tactically wasted less energy performing this attack. The Keyblade she carried looked like a blue and gold claw meant to reap the earth, stars and everything between. As she landed on the ground a large shake would occur then as well, as her Keyblade planted into the center of her last of three targets. "Nice~ Great planning, Kou!~" she chimed as she looked up and finally noticed the people who'd joined them. "Oh? Sorry, I got kind of carried away. I didn't see you there." she said bowing immediately because she recognized the sign of one being in direct link to the Master.

"Oh, don't worry about that. Those are some well executed moves you both have there. I am actually very impressed, and sorry to have intruded. But now that I've seen this, I... was wondering if you'd like to join me." she said in an open ended but firm manner to the pair. "It is my duty to build a Union which among other things is meant to keep the balance of power of this world. And I would be more than happy to have ones such as you along. I have also already talked Johan here into joining so you wouldn't be alone." she said. Such a speech stunned the young blonde who looked at her friend as if she was confused.

Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast