Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Daybreak Town

"Awesome! Well, I mean... I was probably going to join whatever Union you did anyway, but I kinda hoped for this one," Kou said, revealing both his initial plan and his existing desire to join the Leopardos Union. He was quite excited to begin these alleged competitions. They seemed to be a fun and useful way to increase the amount of skill the boy possessed. Perhaps he would even be able to catch up to the young woman called Lilynette at some point. Luxu turned his gaze entirely toward Gula when all was said and done, finding it interesting that his words had served a positive purpose this time. "Go figure. It only took one try that time," he said. When asked his new name, he took a brief pause. He had all but forgotten that, though he had mentioned his name before, this occurred in a separate timeline. "Luxu. By all means, though, feel free to ignore it. Well... when not around the others. They're a talkative bunch."

"You could have just said that to start with. Who knows, I might have sided with you instead." she said. Lilynette apparently respected Kou in some way, even though he was a bit weaker than she was. Regardless of this point, the conversation between Gula and Luxu was apparently still taking place, with the latter apparently lamenting that he hadn't needed to do this particular conversation over multiple times, then subsequently sharing his new name. Which the young woman was apparently given permission to ignore when they weren't in the company of their peers. "Luxu huh? I think the Master went a bit crazy with her gift giving recently... I don't know what to think of these names. " she said about names apparently given both to herself and to the young man hidden in the black cloak before her. "Oh? Are they talkative... I hadn't noticed." the woman said. And though most would have seen this as sarcasm she wasn't being that way at all, she rarely noticed what her peers got up to, when it didn't directly concern whatever she happened to be researching.

"I agree. I sort of like them, but they're still just a bit... weird. Then again, that's the Master in a nutshell." The more Luxu thought about it, the more he came to realize that these were simply the antics of the Master they knew. If she had never been anything else, she had always been a very strange individual by all accounts. More importantly during this moment though, was the fact that Gula hadn't noticed the talkativeness of her own peers. "I figured you wouldn't. You're always too busy with your face shoved in a book," he said, pausing thereafter. "I... meant that as a compliment. I'll try not rewinding that one."

"Yes, very much like the Master. I suppose I'll adjust to it at the very least." said Gula, in conclusion about the naming of them as individuals. Or rather, their renaming. As the conversation shifted it seemed that Luxu apparently had something to say about her not noticing the talkativeness of their peers. And his follow up statement was one that could be seen as harsh, but for some reason, even without the explanation provided by the cloaked young man, she hadn't taken that statement negatively. "Well, even without you saying it was a compliment, I didn't take it negatively. I am quite honestly always wrapped up in a book. Actually I ran into a couple of people like that this afternoon." she said seeming a bit abashed about her inability to focus on things other than those that interested her. "That being said I do appreciate the compliment~" she mentioned.

"That's the ticket. I'd give you the spoiler, but I don't think I can come back from that far into the future," Luxu commented. By this point, the young male was standing with his arms crossed and a steady gaze set on the Leopardos Union's Master. "I guess I'm running two strong then. Or... was it three? Four?" he began asking. He hadn't gotten entirely used to reversing time quite yet, so he was liable to mix just a few things up. Such was the case now, but he figured he could easily move past it... eventually. "This isn't working as well as I wanted it to, is it?"

"Naw, I don't need spoilers. Though I do thank you for the offer.~ " she mentioned absently. Plus she wouldn't really want this young man to disappear because he'd gone too far forward. After all she quite enjoyed this young man's company. As for the strength of his apparent approaches Gula had to take a few seconds to think about it. "I think it's a solid four by now." she mentioned with her usual manner. As for how it was actually going a smile spread across her lips. "It's probably going better than you think..." she said looking at the cloaked young man. To be honest she was presently leaving her new union members to get acquainted while she spoke to someone she already knew for obvious reasons.

"Four? Hmm. This is becoming something of a memory exercise for me," he said. After repeating the same scene thrice with different outcomes each time, things ended up becoming a bit mixed. Teleportation led him to sit atop a nearby ledge, not very far from where he stood previously, but a bit more distant to the members of the Leopardos Union. He uncrossed his arms just enough to wave Gula toward himself as he gave his response to her latter statement. "Better than I think, you say? Don't make me rewind and fish for clues."

It wouldn't be very long before a giggle would escape the young woman who seemed to find his mental exercises interesting. "Well, you could always just try the conversation without making it work out for you. Unless of course you just like the memory game." she mentioned. Seeming to find the boy's choice interesting. Soon enough he was posted up on a nearby ledge and she was soon enough to join him. Leaving her union to tend itself which was likely something she'd do anyways. Moving right along the young man seemed to take particular interest in the last thing she'd had to say. "You don't have to rewind and fish for clues." she said about what she meant every time. "It's probably going better than you think... simply because you were always my favorite too." she mentioned thinking about it, she thought to quantify this. "You're the only one I really talk to... and that I'm willing to pause otherwise engaging reading for." she mentioned. Knowing that she was the sort of bookworm that literally never stopped reading anything, the fact that her face wasn't presently buried in a book spoke volumes of her favoritism.

"Huh? You're telling me not to use my cheats to make things work out in my favor? You almost make it sound like I have the ability to do that," he jested. There was only a short amount of time before Gula joined him at the ledge, prompting him to tap against the space next to where he sat. In this time, there was the admission to favoritism which he could only previously speculate about. "Good to know I win against a book. Maybe I'll write an autobiography so it makes more sense when I'm compared to one."

"Are you implying you don't?" the girl questioned rhetorically. Of course, she immediately took notice of the motion of the young man for her to sit next to him, so she did. In the time she was taking her seat, it seemed the young man was happy to receive the news that he was also her favorite of their peers. "Winning against books is no small feat when it comes to me. One can not underestimate my curious nature." she mentioned though the idea of reading his autobiography was rather amusing. "Though, if you ever get around to writing that autobiography... I'd be happy to read it." Gula stated with untold glee. One should never underestimate the like of a good book.

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast