Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Daybreak Town

Yunan seemed not to know about his apparent likeness to his Moogle friend. Such was to be expected, as Gula assumed he spent most of his time alone with the small creature. It became something worthy of a giggle, as she could imagine her own habits like that becoming apparent to those she'd only recently met. Moving right along, she was soon given a bit of information regarding the boy's status as part of a Union. Such a thing brought the young woman's brows together under her mask, as he mentioned joining the 'Vulpes Union'. She thought about it for a second and frowned. "I haven't actually had a chance to catch up to most of my peers, assuming that Union is headed by a tiny girl in a fox mask, I know exactly who that is. And I can't believe she beat me to you guys..." she said seeming to find it funny that she'd been beaten out by the youngest of her peers to gain the favor of someone like the young man before her. "Oh, it's alright, one like... Ava?" she said repeating the young woman's new name. "Could definitely use someone like you two on her team. Your optimism will totally help her find her confidence. And to be honest I was kind of really interested in Cosmog, and figured I would be able to set up some more times to converse for the book I now really want to write about Moogles." she said revealing her interest in a way that didn't really sound flattering. "Oh... well... that didn't sound the way it did in my head... let me start over." she mentioned shaking her head from left to right. "I thought to recruit you, and the addition of talking to Cosmog would have been the bonus of that, as I realized in meeting you I don't know very much about Moogles. And that bothers me a bit. I like to know everything." she mentioned feeling a bit better about what she'd said this time around. It would be much more revealing of her apparent interest in books as well.

"Hmm. Yeah, I guess she is a bit short on confidence, huh? It's alright, though. I'm sure she'll realize her own worth eventually." Moving along from the matter of Yunan's Master, Ava, it seemed Gula had an interest in the previously unresearched Moogles. With that said, one could say Yunan was very much an expert on Moogles. Though he was a bit short on human interaction, he had met a few Moogles in person since knowing Cosmog. "I'd like to think I know almost everything there is to know by now. Mog's gonna be out like a light pretty soon, but if you want to write some research... well, like I said... I can't turn down an opportunity to help someone. I've got plenty of time, too. I already collected about 20,000 Lux for Vulpes, so I'm free to take a break for a few days if I want."

"She's younger than the rest of us, by a fair margin... I figured she had a bit of a complex about it. But people like you can definitely help her out with that~" she said of the youngest girl of their generation. Though there was another rather close to that one in age, she had a completely different problem all together. But that wasn't really a problem for right now. Now, she had a willing participant for her research of Moogles, even if the Moogle himself would be sleeping pretty soon. Beyond that this young man was apparently already very active for his first day of doing Union duties. Her eyes widened slightly beneath the mask as he revealed quite an impressive number of Lux collected over the last day. "That is... kind of astounding actually. 20,000 Lux, you must be uncommonly strong to have collected so much on your own," she said. It was fair but she hadn't encountered many she'd find comparable to the group which she considered her peers, but one such as this young man might be fairly close considering his lack of direct tie to the Master. Still, she would most definitely be accepting his help for her research. "Still, I don't think I will need your help for quite as long as a few days. A few hours should suffice if you don't mind being cramped in a cluttered miniature library/ office for the duration of that time period" she offered. Not wanting to over step her boundaries as a researcher but still needing a bit of freedom for herself.

"I guess I do alright. I always have a lot of free time, so I practice a lot. I think the Keyblade took to me just as easily as Mog here," he said. True enough, just like the Moogle he was attached to, his Keyblade seemed to be very easily 'bonded' with him, in a way. As Cosmog went on to perch atop his shoulder, Yunan took a step away from the water fountain. As for Gula's Moogle research, he was certainly happy to help out, no matter the circumstances in which he would end up doing so. "I don't mind at all. If you want to do this now, then by all means, lead the way."

"That would explain it, yes." Gula said of the young man who apparently had his Keyblade take to him very easily and had plenty of time to practice with it as well. Still, putting up such numbers solo was nothing to scoff at at all. Beyond this, the young man's willingness to help and be of use in this moments was nothing to scoff at either. He seemed to have no problem with the likely conditions he'd be met with for the duration of this Moogle research that Gula wanted to delve into. She was so excited by the prospect that she tucked the book she was previously nose deep in under her arm a forgotten after-thought of reading in the face of a research topic as bright and shiny as the Moogle. "Alright then follow me, if you will..." the Union leader mentioned. Soon she was back on her original path towards her dwelling, but with something very different in mind than some simple reading and touch-ups on her original writing pieces. Her office area and apartment still clean from a recent visit with one of her peers she had little to nothing to worry about as she began mentally cataloging the things she'd need to make this research go smoothly. "Oh, and thank you very much for your help. I know you haven't done anything yet, but I have really high hopes." she mentioned as she walked so as not to fall into an odd habit of thinking more than speaking, given she was actually in the company of someone else. Within a few minutes the young woman would find herself in her apartment with her new companion(s) at her side. Opening the door to the library like bottom floor complete with large desks multiple pens and a writing set up. As well as a couple of comfy chairs and a small side table for tea and snacks.

"Of course," said Yunan when he began following along. "No need to thank me. Like I said, I'm happy just helping out." In the few minutes it took to reach Gula's place of residence, the Moogle upon Yunan's shoulder fell into a deep slumber. As such, he entered with the gentlest of snores very close to his ear. "Your house doubles as a library... that's pretty cool," he commented. Now that they were here, Yunan took a casual stroll around a couple of book shelves, taking it upon himself to wait patiently for this interview of sorts to begin.

"That's really kind of you~" the woman mentioned as she moved into her apartment. Now that she was here, the very least of the things she'd do was remove her hood and mask, if only because the mask limited the vision she had for writing pages. Besides that, this young man was among the nicest and seemingly most trust-worthy she'd ever come across. At the mention that her house could double as a library she could only smile. "Yeah, something like that. I spend a lot of my spare time researching and writing a lot of these books. So... I have been collecting them for quite some time. Like I said, I like knowing everything," she mentioned as she placed the book she had been reading down on the corner of her desk and began searching for a new tome for her note taking on Moogles as well as one for the actual production of the book, that she would begin writing at some point during this interaction. With those items in place she asked one more question, so as to remember being a good host. A lesson she'd learned some time in the previous day. "Uh, you want anything to drink, or a snack, or anything?" she asked before she settled into her seat for the interview of a lifetime.

"That's pretty cool. I've never had a passion like that before," he said regarding this young woman's very apparent love of books, both reading and writing. As he paced the room, an offer was made for refreshments of some sort. Though he wasn't one to impose, he also wasn't one for turning away offered generosity if it seemed genuine to him. As such, he moved toward the seat which didn't appear to be Gula's, and spoke as he lowered himself into it. "I'd like some water, if that's alright."

It seemed like this young man was for accepting hospitality so she walked to her kitchen and grabbed a couple of bottles of water. "Of course, you can," she mentioned as she got the bottles of water one for herself and one for him. Soon enough she was back behind her desk, sitting cross-legged in a comfy and white chair so that she could begin her writing in comfort. She motioned to an identically comfortable chair while handing over the other bottle of water. The water she kept for herself was dropped into a cup holder built into the arm of her chair so she could keep track of it without having to put it on her desk. "Alright~ We can get started when you're ready," she said as she picked up one of the quills and began her note taking. "I'll just start by asking a random question~" she mentioned and then she scrolled through several in her mind before coming to a nice ice breaker. "Why do the Moogles use those holograms in their shops so much?" Gula was genuinely curious about this, because it was quite rare to see a Moogle in the flesh for whatever reason.

During Gula's return, another chair by a desk was brought to his attention. It was a bit closer, and seemed to be a more comfortable seating arrangement, so Yunan wasted no time in moving to it from his current seat. When he did, he picked up the water bottle designated for him, choosing to sip from it with his left hand, as to disturb the Moogle on his right shoulder as little as possible. Much to his dismay, the creature began to stir regardless of his efforts, and simply floated itself onto a pile of books to continue its nap. "Sorry buddy. I tried, kupo," he spoke softly. Either way, he was now free to sit more comfortably and address the first question in a presumable series formed by Gula's inquiring mind. "I asked Cosmog the same question once. Mogs don't usually like doing things in person. They used to, but they kept getting their pom-poms ruffled by hooligans, or even random events. Moogles really don't like that happening, so now almost all of them run their shops from home."

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast