Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Daybreak Town

"Yep, dinner." The small girl confirmed her idea about this particular treat. And soon enough, Sion was trying it as well. Though, an oddly misplaced bite seemed to make a bit of a mess of the boy's face. He quickly cleaned up, but it caused a stifled giggle from the girl nonetheless, as she took another large bite of the ice cream pop. This particular bite, would end with the pink haired girl demolishing the other ear of her bear. "I dunno, seems like a pretty good follow up to the 'so spice' of the first one." Kousagi mentioned casually as she finished one bite and then immediately started in on another, this time taking the entire middle of the bears head. It wouldn't take her very long to finish, but she was taking special care not to give herself a brain freeze. "This is getting kind of exciting. Every new one is a bit of a mystery!~"

"I guess it does. I just expected a bit more oomph from something that looks like this, though," he said before taking another bite, this time consuming a full half of the bear's head, including its ear. "You know, like an explosion of sugar in my mouth... or something like that," he concluded. With nothing else to say about this flavor, he went about finishing it off for the sake of moving to the next one. To his delight, the next treat came quickly as well. This one came in a fruit called the Dancin' Lemon. It was soft-served, swirled atop half of said lemon, with Thundercracker candies and smaller lemon slices protruding from its sides. "Wow! That looks pretty fancy," was Sion's first observation. This time, he didn't even wait for Kousagi before digging right in. His cheeks were immediately sucked inward from the first bite, but he didn't seem at all displeased. "Oh... Oh, I made a mistake. Don't judge me, but I didn't expect the sour..."

"Aww, but it was just a kindly, little bear. You shouldn't expect it to be that sweet," the small girl mentioned. She was fine with the idea that the bear wasn't more sweet. With that, she enjoyed the rest of the bear ice cream, with no more words spoken. Soon after she finished, the next ice cream arrived. She'd spend a few moments marveling at its rather decadent appearance. "Ooh, it's pretty~" she chimed about the lemon topped with ice cream. Much to her surprise, it took no prodding for Sion to try this one, and he was apparently shocked by what happened when he did.

"Tehehehehe~" the small girl began to giggle, looking at the young man's face as he tasted something sour, which he wasn't expecting. She couldn't help the giggle, and it soon evolved into full blown laughter which took the young girl a few moments to recover from. "I am not judging you..." she started pausing to take her first bite of this new confection, with the knowledge it was sour. Her own cheeks came together, but it wasn't nearly at the same level as Sion's earlier blunder. "I am laughing at you... but definitely not judging." The girl gave a firm nod on this position and smiled. "This one is pretty good, once you get past the sour!~"

"That's just as bad," Sion stated while leaning his head against the back of his left hand, taking casual bites from the treat of this round. All in all, he had to say that this was something he would call enjoyable. And yet, with the previous treats, sour was the last sort of taste he had cross his mind when anticipating the next dish. "It's got kind of a float texture, too, doesn't it? Like it's got something carbonated in it," he continued. Nevertheless, he would continue eating until this dish, like its predecessors, was no more.

In the meantime, another set was being sent out. This one came on a cone filled with birthday cake and a single scoop of reddish-pink ice-cream atop, a pair of berries to form a bow, and pair of circles behind the berries to mimic the ears of the royal family's members. In fact, this flavor was dedicated to the family, hence its name: Royalberry.

"Nuh-uh... it's totally different," the small girl mentioned, having calmed herself enough to finally taste this treat. She took her first taste, and it was indeed a bit bubbly, and a tiny bit sour underneath that. "Oh!~ That's a bit tart..." she stated though she didn't seem unsatisfied either. "Yep, definitely bubbles." she said not knowing how such a flavor was a achieved, but enjoying each, and every bite until she finished this dessert too. And soon after this she was rewarded with the next dessert, one which looked rather regal. The adorable cone was soon tasted by the pink haired girl, and her eyes were widened by the experience. "It's perfect!" she finally managed as the first taste found its way to her belly.

With the new treat being offered to the pair, Sion first took a moment to look it over. Of the set they had seen thus far, he had to say this was the most visually appealing, arguably against the Spark Lemon before it. For him, though, this won the prize in the end. After the visual critiques, he tasted it. "Huh... more sour in this one, but just a little bit. Sweet, though. I really like the Rose Honey they added," he said. Following these words, he realized something a bit strange about this little outing, and laughed because of it. "This is what we do with our day, huh? Become ice-cream connoisseurs."

All the while, the machine worked on its next concoction. This one would come on a stick, serving as a three-branched combination of ice-cream and cotton candy. It was complete with Rainbow Syrup, as well as a trio of airplanes in green, red, and blue colors at each of its tips.

"Yeah, sour and sweet... in harmony. Not to get ahead of myself, but this one might be my favorite... so far," she mentioned as she went about the next bit of devouring this ice cream as she'd done all the last ones. Of course, after validating his opinion, Sion, seemed to think about the nature of this outing. What happened next, was his laughter, with the apparent understanding that they were spending their time becoming connoisseurs of these frozen treats. A laugh came from the girl soon after as she couldn't argue with the statement. "Well, I guess. But it's fun!~" Kousagi mentioned. She always enjoyed the time spent with this peer of hers, and thought of him as her older brother. For her, there were no better sibling-based activities than, their afternoon of a bit of light rough-housing, followed by, snacking, and talking.

Soon, the next ice cream was up, and what a creation it was. Rainbow colors and little air planes on each of the tips attracted the small girl's attention. "Whoa, it's so pretty!~"

Many minutes passed as the pair of Masters consumed dessert after dessert. Eventually, dusk fell. It was during this period of time that Sion sat leaned back in his chair, holding his abdomen. In front of him was a grape-flavored sorbet, half eaten and a quarter melted into the chalice it was presented in. He surely couldn't stand to eat another bite, but this was the final confection on the special menu, and he had at least managed to taste it. "Ugh... double training for me tomorrow. If that wasn't all so tasty, I'd go out on a limb and say this was a bad idea."

Dessert after dessert was consumed, much to the girl's delight. Soon enough though, it was closer to nightfall and she was eating what had to be the last of the specialty flavors, this particular shop had to offer. It was nice, and tasted of grapes. If she had to guess, she'd tasted every major fruit found in known universe on this day, but that wasn't really a bad thing. Unlike the Master across from her, she didn't seem nearly as off put by all they had consumed today. In fact she continued eating her own until there were but a few bites left. She'd take one of these before she'd respond to what Sion had said. "Ewww, double training? I don't even know the meaning of the phrase. And this can't be a bad idea, it was your idea!" She said seeming a bit more excitable than she had been. As she continued to consume, she seemed to be heading towards some sort of sweets based nirvana.

"That's why your Limit Break takes so much energy," the male replied. If the young Master wished for her Limit to be better on her energy reserves, training was perhaps a necessity. As for his unfinished ice-cream, he actually had an idea for not putting it to waste. It was a bit experimental, yet something Sion thought was best attempted in a situation like this. With the elevation of his right hand, he summoned his Master Seeker Keyblade, doing so with its tip pointed at the ice-cream bowl. "I got an idea from earlier when I used Master Form. What if memories have hearts?" when this question was asked, a beam of light emerged from the tip of his Keyblade, and illuminated the bowl. This light remained for a few moments, before ultimately escaping from the bowl in the form of a Keychain, boasting the appearance of three ice-cream cones connected to an ice-cream bowl trinket. With Sion's magic added, he sent it hovering toward Kousagi. "I think the answer is this. Have it."

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast