Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Daybreak Town

The young man's smirk stretched wider when this girl spoke of never meeting him, and vice versa. "Sure you have. We've met three times now, Kairos," he stated. The girl quickly came to the conclusion that the deja vu sensation she had was his doing, which was an accurate assumption to make. But then, she fed directly into the cycle, just as she had done already... or would do again and for the first time. "Plenty of people like your Keyblade. You've met them... or will," he commented. Without further ado, he rose from his seat on the fountain, holding out his right hand to produce a glowing blue light which gave way to his Keyblade. This Keyblade possessed an ethereal glow about it, and a clock face at its tip. His grin grew toothier as he lunged forward, lashing out at the girl with his Keyblade. If she chose to block this strike with her own weapon, she would strangely find herself standing in the very same position she had been originally, first seeing this man in his position at the fountain.

"... Yes, Master. I understand," Invi said to voice his sense of clarity over the need for this Book of Prophecies. He could also clearly follow the woman's logic behind the separation of Unions, though he saw the potential for it falling apart even with her plan. Then again, with these roles falling into order, perhaps the Master had set in place some contingency plan of sorts. Such would be expected of the prestigious, albeit strange woman. "I will observe to the best of my ability. To be honest, I've kind of been doing that anyway."

"You know my name?" the girl seemed stunned. She could swear she'd never spoken to this young man before in her life. This entire scenario was just getting stranger and stranger by the moment. There was more to this than she understood and perhaps there was a reason for that which she would come to understand at a later time. Even so, she'd brought forth her Keyblade to show him, that which he had already seen, and hadn't seen... but in doing so, she caused him to do the same. She looked upon his Keyblade and found it strange. As he attacked she commented, "It really is you... I like your Keyblade too." she said, finding his toothy grin a bit unnerving. Not that it really mattered, because as she went to block the coming strike, she'd soon find herself...

The Master was still chatting up the new Master Invi who seemed to have caught on to her ultimate plan. A grin crossed the hooded woman's face as she finally went to check on her experiment, which turned out to be, a small cat with a strange symbol on its back trapped inside a tube. "You don't have to just observe, Master Invi. Remember, having a bunch of information is completely useless, if you never do anything with it." she said with a knowing nod of that black hooded head. "If you are ever in doubt, May your heart be your guiding key." she said, both as a bit of advice and a way to dismiss the young man as she tapped on the glass of the jar and waited for the arrival of her next apprentice. A pink haired girl by the name of Kousagi had also been summoned and by the time she arrived she'd simply open the Master's door taking a look at the small cat in the jar and being stunned by it. "Oooh!! Master... you made a little creature. It's super cute... can I have it?" she asked seeming to care about keeping the small creature. This would only cause laughter from the master, while... another situation seemed to be playing out elsewhere in town.

Walking by the fountain again, staring at a strange young man whose brown hair was sticking out around the corners of a dark hood. This time, she felt even more like she'd done it before. Her initial curiosity and the feeling of deja vu led her to do something strange this time when she stopped before the young man. She'd extend her hand in greeting and offer something strange. "I... think I've done this before." she said shaking away the sensation of having the same interaction multiple times, she went with something different. "Hi, I'm Kairos." she said as she stared into the blackness of his hood.

"Understood. Thank you, Master," said Invi. With a bow, he held his Keyblade at his left side, and the Book of Prophecies against his chest with his right arm. Taking the woman's final words as his dismissal, he rose from his bow only to turn and leave the Master's study.

In the middle of town, the hooded man watched the approach of this girl named Kairos, who seemed to be having a very peculiar experience at the time. Here they were, in their very first moment of meeting again(?) with the girl introducing herself. Smiling, the cloaked figure raised his right hand to meet hers. "Nice to meet you, Kairos. My name is Sion," he said, behaving as if nothing was amiss.

The little girl in her fox mask and pink robes seemed to be very excited, and the Master couldn't help but be amused by her desire to have this little creature. "Oh, this little guy, he's a Chirithy. I am making them for all of you, and they'll bond with you Keyblade Wielders and be your companions. They are pretty neat~" said the Master as she danced around breaking the glass to release the small guy inside. "And this one is for you, but everyone else will have them too." she said. The girl, seemed to be excited. "Aww thank you Master." she said as she picked up the small cat creature and hugged it. Seeming to be content to walk off with it. "Oi! I didn't call you here just to give you that... I have to leave something with you too." she said seeming to cause confusion in the girl. "What? More stuff? Really?" it seemed the girl was quite fond of gifts but very kind and likely pure hearted as a result. "Yes, but the other gifts come with responsibilities. One of the biggest... and the next bit of info is pretty heavy so you might wanna sit down." she said. The girl seemed to take this random seriousness from her master with the utmost caution. "Master, is everything okay?" she asked seemingly very distressed. "Someday... I'm going to fade, and when I do... the balance between the rest of you will need to be kept." said the Master. "So have this." she said standing in front of the girl and opening her right hand, causing a light burst which would create a Keyblade which was frilly and rainbow covered the small girl immediately reached out to take it, finding its weight to be amazing and perfect. "Alright, now you're going to run a union, Master Ava." she said the girl looked confused. "Oh, I changed your names too. Your other friends have their assignments, and you have this one, but there is a little extra for you." she said seeming to peak the girl's interest. "What do you mean?" she said. As she banished this new Keyblade the Master walked around finding a book complete with a fox motif on the front. "You're now Master Ava, the leader of the Vulpes Union, but that doesn't really matter, because the unions will fail. I am telling you this, because you're the backup for the future. Collect yourself some keyblade wielders of promise. Train them in a secret location and when the inevitable happens, when you have no other choice. Send them off to other worlds, to preserve the light and protect the balance. Don't concern yourself with alliances or co-operation, this will lead to a power vacuum." she said as the girl looked at the book. Immediately there was discontent. "But, Master... I don't think I should do that sort of thing... it doesn't seem like it will work out. And why prepare for the worst, can't you just stop this inevitable thing instead?" she questioned. "Stopping the inevitable, doesn't seem like a good idea... you can't worry about things you know will happen, you can only try and do something about those you can't. Though if you plan to try you should remember what I said about cooperation, because that will be the thing that makes the spiral downward happen. And don't worry, you're the only one who can do this job, my little collector~" the Master mentioned in a singsong voice. The young girl was set at ease by this. "Use the book, find what you need... and gather your little Dandelions that they might be carried by the breeze. And if you are ever in doubt that what you do is right, May your heart be your guiding key." she mentioned which was her way of dismissing the girl. She stood then... having never been addressed by her name. "If it is what you wish Master, I will follow your teachings and maintain the balance. I hope you don't disappear though... we need you." the girl said. "Farewell." the girl said, and with that all of the extra books had disappeared from the Master's desk, but... she had one more apprentice and he was soon to arrive as well.

Meanwhile in the town square at the fountain the girl named Kairos was meeting a man for what was simultaneously the first and third time. Her heart, felt strange, like she knew this situation but she didn't at the same time. Instead of dwelling too much upon it, she took the young man's name and his extended hand which met her own. "I don't know what is happening right now... but I feel like we're friends. Sion." the girl mentioned. This was a strange instance but she supposed there were weirder things than the feeling of knowing someone you were meeting for the first time.

"Do you? That's interesting, since we've never met before," the young man stated. He seemed to have legitimately never met this girl, despite this being their third interaction over the past few minutes. Or perhaps, this was actually the first. As he released his hold on her hand, he continued his response to her notions of friendship. "If you'd like to be friends, though, I'd be perfectly alright with that. Maybe you could even help me out. I have something I need to do, but first..." Once again, or rather, for the first time, Sion called forth his clock-themed glowing Keyblade. "This might sound strange, but this Keyblade of mine has the ability to rewind time. If you could just... tap your Keyblade against it, I think I can rewind time around us. I might mess up, though. I could end up just sending you back, or just myself back... or maybe even send both of us in opposite directions. But..."

Kairos looked astounded when the young man before her claimed they'd never met before. She could almost swear this wasn't true, she felt deep down that she knew this young man and she couldn't quite figure out why this was. Then there was the matter of him, bringing forth his Keyblade, an interesting mashup of a clockwork theme, which he claimed had the ability to manipulate time around them. He wanted to test this and Kairos didn't have anything else to do. "Well, my Keyblade is quite... strange. But if you think it will help." she held out her right hand creating a black thorn Keyblade with a heart caught in its teeth. It was bathed in a pink light but it still seemed just a bit ominous. "Just a tap... right?" she asked in confirmation of what she needed to do to help the boy with his experiment. As such she'd cause their Keyblades to clash once more to an unknown effect. Given the gravity of this situation, one might consider that it would be a bad thing to play around with time in such a way, but... Kairos felt like it was something she should do.

"That's fine. Mine is a bit strange too," he replied. He wasn't sure about others, but he knew his Keyblade's ability belonged to a strange classification, in its ability to alter the physical state of things around it in a certain way. When he saw this strange Keyblade of Kairos', his eyes widened. He rather quickly made an assumption about this. "Oh! Yours affects hearts, too?" he asked. "This should be interesting then. I think you'll be able to keep a full memory of what's happening if you try." With that, Kairos' Keyblade tapped against his, triggering its ability with the action. "Whoops!" he said as a barrier engulfed the two, then began closing in on Sion alone. He disappeared in that moment, seeming to have been the only one affected by this rewind.

At that precise moment, though, Sion appeared within the Master's study via means that seemed to be teleportation. He would be found suddenly sitting at the edge of the woman's desk with his Keyblade in hand. 'Hmm. I sent just her back that time. And right in time to meet with the Master,' he thought. Now that he thought about it, he knew how to make his Keyblade work to such an extent at all times, creating an entirely new personal development for the young man. His Keyblade had always been able to affect time, but never feats such as this until now. "Good evening, Master. You... have summoned me already, right?"

In this clash, at the end, Sion disappeared. And in this moment, Kairos completely understood what had occurred between them. In their earlier meetings for her, she'd been the one sent back in time alone, and then they'd been sent back together to properly greet each other and start the events which would lead to this conversation. "Yes. It does affect hearts. These are... supposed to be rare. If you have one too, no wonder it feels strange." she mentioned as their clash took place. The ability of this young man's Keyblade was indeed amazing. And as she stood now alone she was a bit confused, looking down at her Keyblade in her hand. 'That is an amazing ability, but mine... doesn't do anything nearly that friendly.' the girl thought as she banished her own Keyblade and thought to walk away.

Meanwhile this time, Sion found himself in the Master's Study directly atop the woman's desk. She looked up from her seat as if she wasn't surprised and looked first to his Keyblade and then to him. "Been playing around with time again, haven't ya' Sion?" she asked in a way which was strictly rhetorical. "Good thing I've already gotten rid of all of the books or this would be a really interesting mess." the Master mentioned as she stood up from her seat and looked to the young man now on her desk. "But yes, I definitely already summoned you. I'm going to fade from this world Sion..." she mentioned as if she was discussing the weather while staring out of the window.

"Just a bit," he said while looking at his Keyblade. "I realized today that I can rewind time around me. I played around with it while I worked out the kinks." Apparently, the Master thought... or rather, knew that she would be disappearing at some point. Sion was more surprised by the fact that she spoke as if this was a given than the idea of it happening. If she knew, then there had to be a reason. "Alright. Why, and where to?"

"Well as long as you are having fun." the Master said of the boy's apparent activities for the day. Moving right along, this young man didn't seem particularly depressed about her potentially disappearing from this world. The questions he asked thereafter made the woman scoff. "Really? No crying? Mourning my potential doom? Gosh you kids really..." she paused deciding not to pursue that line of thought. "Whatever, I don't actually know the answer to either of those questions. It's just a thing that is going to happen, or rather it is more likely than it's not. I mean... I might not disappear, but I might. But before it happens, I need all of you to do what you gotta do to keep the world going and balanced." she mentioned. As she began speaking, she began pacing her office, where the boy still presumably stood on her desk. "The other five of my apprentices have already been here today. They've been given the Book of Prophecy and new names, new Keyblades more suited to them and roles... to play for when I am gone. Most haven't begun reading yet, but when they do... they will realize something I am going to share with you now~"

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast