Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: Daybreak Town

Kairos soon got another explanation she'd been needing. It was interesting to note that the likeness between these moments wasn't necessarily connected but that Keyblades themselves didn't like the moments of weakness presented in the hearts of those who say, used Dark Form initially. "Hm..." Kairos managed thinking about it. But beyond that the blonde-haired girl was confronted with the cloaked young man who explained the situation she'd found herself in. "I got it then!~ That's soo good!~" the girl mused. The news that she'd messed up her transformation was strange to her though. "But, if it has a risk like that, then what is the point of it?" she asked pouting about not being able to use such a form anymore. But knowing that turning into a Heartless or anything like one, would be the last thing she wanted to do with her spare time.

Beyond this, Luxu seemed to come to some sort of strange conclusion and in so doing, he wished for the two with him to commit to trying a different sort of transformation with their Keyblades. Kairos of course had no problem with this, and considered it part of her duties as well. But Himiko wasn't as pliable about this point as she came to herself better. "Why should I do something like that? Who even are you guys? Why are you hiding your face? Why were you watching me?" the girl asked a series of questions in rapid succession. Such an incident caused Kairos to laugh directly, "Well at the very least, Master Invi is still choosing other extremely inquisitive people. I'm Kairos, by the way and I'm also a member of the Anguis Union the first one technically but it's whatever~" she said which made the blonde's eyes widen if only for a moment. "Oh you're the one, Master Invi spoke of..." she said which made Kairos' left brow raise. "Uh... I hope he hasn't been talking about me. Whether you do what he wants or not, I'll do it. Sounds like the opening of a good present~" Kairos mentioned as she summoned her own Keyblade in the form of the Eternal Flame. And made a mental consideration that she should probably switch it to its standard form.

"That's exactly my point," Luxu said regarding the purpose of Drive Forms when their potential negatives were so great and unavoidable. "Invi was on the right track when he discovered Drive Forms, but the execution was wrong. It's too dangerous to rely on splitting your own heart, but I think I've found the best alternative."

Interestingly, Himiko had a rather fair reaction to what Luxu was saying. In giving it some consideration, Luxu determined that she indeed had no reason to follow the guidance of Kairos or himself. After all, the pair had suddenly appeared at a very suspicious time while speaking negatively about something she'd learned from her own master. Regardless, Luxu had no issues answering all of the girl's questions. "You should do it because it will be more effective than what you just did. You know Kairos now... my name is Luxu. My face is hidden just because my master told me to do it. And... we were watching you just to see how you dealt with those Heartless."

Himiko heard out what the faceless man had to say and she could at least see where he was coming from. Kairos on the other hand, understood what he meant completely. A form which required the constant splitting of a heart could be dangerous because of what it could cause to happen and it was a risk regardless of the level of mastery any person possessed. Besides that she didn't think it would be good for morale for any random Keyblade Wielder to turn into something which looked like a Heartless for any great amount of time. Regardless of this fact, there were some pretty valid questions brought up by the blonde lass and then immediately and directly addressed. She gave pause to the idea that her questions had indeed been answered and that they'd offered a great deal of information inspite of seeming suspicious initially. According to Master Invi she was supposed to observe and receive information without leaning in any particular way. "Hm, alright then." she said accepting the logic presented to her she summoned her Keyblade to her hand once more. "I'm Himiko! It's nice to meet you both. And don't worry, Master Invi didn't say anything bad about you..." she said to Kairos. "Now you want us to accept the power of our Keyblades into ourselves, so like the Drive form but in a different direction?" she asked for clarification.

Kairos nodded. "Yeah yeah, nice to meet you and all that. Sorry about the suspicious first meeting and all. Nice show, with the Heartless though, never seen anything quite like that before~" Kairos offered the lass before she watched this girl. She looked at the girl who only nodded. "Thank you~ I've been told first meeting with me are 'sketchy' too..." she mentioned making bunny ears with her finger tips before she closed her eyes and began to concentrate upon the power of her Keyblade. With such a thing being undertaken when Kairos was sure the girl's eyes were firmly closed she switched the Keychain on her Keyblade and grinned as the heart in the teeth thumped only once. Kairos looked at the black thorny form of this Keyblade only a moment before she closed her own eyes and reached out to it herself. She fully accepted the power of this Keyblade already but it took her a moment or two to get a feel enough for it to take it into herself. Doing so gave way to the transformation of this Keyblade, into a giant ring blade with an inner glowing edge as big around as her body, it also gave Kairos an overwhelming new bit of power. "Oh!~ Might be on to something with this one~" she said as she ran her finger across the inner edge of the ring blade. "I assume this is what you meant... not the other thing, but something different but similar," she asked of Master Luxu. Unbeknownst to her her clothing had gained a dark red color with an almost camouflage look to it and this would be most easily seen as she rolled around within the center of her ring blade specifically testing the extra maneuverability of it, as Himiko kept trying to achieve something.

The newer addition to the Anguis Union offered her name as greeting, prompting no more than a nod of acknowledgement from Luxu. He knew her well enough already, but he'd avoid mentioning such a thing just to avoid the explanation of how he had such information. "Yeah, something like that. Maybe," he said regarding the potential alternative 'Drive' form. He had no data on this form whatsoever, but the theory in his mind was a mighty one worth taking to the experiment stage. If Kairos, Himiko, or both succeeded, he would be able to avoid rewinding time and having to think of something different. If they both failed, though... well, Luxu had gone farther back in time for worse reasons.

Both girls made an apparent effort to achieve some new form by accessing their Keyblades' powers. Luxu was content to watch and consider the validity of his theory. As far as he was concerned, Keyblades could unlock anything, and the wielder's potential should be no exception. The simple act of wielding a Keyblade made the impossible possible, so what would a greater bond between a Keyblade and its owner's heart accomplish? Only time could tell, though the wait was short thanks to Kairos. The girl Luxu had so recently taken on as an apprentice managed to find a new form reminiscent of Valor Form, and in doing so, she'd also managed to discover a Keyblade transformation in the form of a ring-blade. To accomplish this, she'd interestingly called upon her End of a Heart Keyblade while Himoko couldn't see. Luxu had seen the Keyblade of the other girl, and thought this was an unnecessary hide as a result, but that was neither here nor there. "Interesting. How do you feel? It looks like Valor Form, but I don't think you've sacrificed anything for it."

Kairos was having a good time of this apparent transformation. She rolled away just a little to remove her person from the center of her Keyblade and threw it into the air a couple of times watching it spin and recalling it to her person in various feats of minor acrobatics which seemed to make this ring blade twirl around her person while lashing out at invisible things before her. "I feel... light. And a little aggressive, like I should be hitting everything around me," she mentioned with an excited utterance as she caught this ring blade in her right hand only to spin it around her fore and twist herself through it feet first, before swinging said blade in front of her again. "I don't feel like anything is gone. I don't think I could give away anything like that... I'm not decisive enough for that..." Kairos mentioned. Though perhaps decisive wasn't the right word. She was by her own nature rather acquisitive and had the balanced type of heart, she didn't sacrifice physical feats for magic nor did she do the opposite. In this particular case she felt rather strongly that she could simply attack a ridiculous amount without fear of what would happen. There was one thing she needed to test she supposed, so she cast a small spell. "Aero!" instead of a single small burst of wind several small bursts radiated from the center of her person, spinning around her and spiraling outward. This circle of wind based spells spread for a great deal around her and made a happy giggle escape her.

While this happened Himiko gained something different. The only outward change in her appearance was an inverted color scheme, after a few moments communing with her Keyblade she seemed to have accomplished something. A small burst of light seemed to radiate from her person. She stood straighter and seemed to have a strange new grip on her Keyblade in this moment. "I think I did something... it feels pretty nice too~" she murmured only to look up and see that Kairos had a more obvious transformation. "I don't get anything cool, but I feel like I could do anything~" she mentioned with a light blush coming to her face. "It also didn't hurt. So plus... probably."

"Hmm." Luxu took a few moments to hear and observe Kairos in this new form. Her explanation contributed to what Luxu was able to see immediately afterwards, with even her spells being affected by the form. Luxu was quite interested in the fact that she could even cast spells in this state so similar in appearance to Valor Form, but from what he could assume, this form was completely additive. "I think... Strike Form would be a good name for that. It seems to be mostly good for direct combat, but without limiting your ability to cast spells. But..." Luxu paused his statement long enough to look toward Himiko. Her form resulted in something quite different, and far simpler conceptually. Luxu could liken this to something else he'd witnessed called 'Limit Form' from the typical set of Drives, at least based on its color scheme. "The two of you didn't do anything different, but you have different forms. If Keyblades are made in the likeness of the X-Blade, then Drive Forms must be an attempt to recreate this... a form that comes from the Keyblade itself, based on its natural affinity. This one reminds me of Limit Form, which specifically brings a heart's hidden potential to the surface. I'd call it Second Form, probably brought out by a Keyblade that doesn't have an affinity."

"Strike Form... huh? I like that. I was a bit skeptical about you naming things... but I can let this one slide~" Kairos said with teasing in her tone. A few more movements of her person and she was quite sure of the aggressive nature of this particular transformation. It'd also lasted quite a while before it eventually faded back to normal. This wasn't before another explanation came from Luxu this time about the difference in the forms presented by Kairos and Himiko. His thoughts on the matter was that the difference in forms was due to the alignments of the particular Keyblades they had and used. "Oh, so my Keyblade is physical and doesn't have an affinity so it changes just me and not itself..." Himiko took from this explanation. "Whatever Second Form is, it's pretty nice. Thanks~ I won't try and use the Drive Form anymore..." she said accepting this form but having it dissipate only a few moments after Kairos' Keyblade turned back to normal and disappeared from sight. "Hm, so if it's based on the Keyblade, will it turn out different if I use a different Keychain?" this was a question from Kairos she sought to have an answer for because it made the most sense to her.

"Oi! There's nothing wrong with me naming things!" Luxu said as his left forefinger reached under his hood, seeming to be pulling down his left eyelid even while his face was hidden behind shadows. With his own Keyblade still in his right hand, Luxu wondered what would come of him using these 'form changes' himself, though he first needed to address Himiko's curiosities. "Not... quite. I don't think these have to happen in conjunction with Keyblade transformations. Those are possible without transforming yourself, so I'm guessing..." Focusing the power of his Master Seeker into his own heart, Luxu triggered a transformation of his own. Nothing changed about him at all visually, but the power surge was apparent enough that the black coat he wore billowed with the burst of power. "Yeah. This is Second Form for me, but no new Keyblade form... and this Keyblade has a few forms," he clarified. Moving on, Kairos wondered about the use of different Keychains to achieve different forms. Luxu had such a theory as well, but thought the only way to find out was to test it. He figured Kairos would do this regardless of what he said, so he chose to speak some very specific words to the girl. "Let's see it. I'm going to go ahead and call it Guardian Form for the one I gave you, and probably Elemental Form for the one from Agrabah."

"Don't make faces at me, Mister!~ We all know why you can't just name things~" Kairos chirped, remembering the time before this that the lad tried to name something. "Or maybe its specifically food you shouldn't be allowed to name~" she finished up seeming to have no problem taking her own joke a bit farther for the sake of having an extra giggle at it, and sticking her tongue out at the lad instead of saying anything else. "You can tell he's making faces?" this was a valid concern from Himiko which Kairos waved off with a simple nod. Moving right along, it seemed that Master Luxu was content to test this new form out himself, which didn't result in the change of his Keyblade either, and was theorized to simply be this way for Kairos because she'd triggered both forms of transformation at the same time. "Oh. Well, that gives me hope for stuff in the future. I'm hoping for a battleaxe or something else massive!~" Himiko said that intense blush coming to her face as if she was thinking happily of the sorts of damage she could do with such a weapon.

Kairos on the other hand, was switching Keychains giving her Keyblade the appearance of the Eternal Flame. This form, was a flaming shaft and curved flame teeth, held together by a chakram like hand guard/hilt combination. A few seconds of additional contemplation would lead to the girl putting the power of this Keyblade into her heart as well. This would shift the girl into yellow clothing with diamond patterns instead of her usual wear. This was quite strange but so was the shift in the Keyblade, which made it become two separate items a flaming sword which was long almost like a lance, and a shield which was as large as the center of Kairos' body. "Guardian form huh? This is pretty intense. I feel kinda heavy compared to normal. But... maybe that isn't just it..." she mused. She drew back with her sword arm and pushed forward, which caused it to grow into a massive flaming lance at the forward push. "Wow!~ Kukukuku~ That's alright. I don't know if I like this a whole lot... lack of movement is a bit crazy... but I could use it." she mused. Unlike before she didn't wait for this to run out, she seemed to have gained a bit of understanding between using this one and the last one. And simply banished the form with relative ease to switch the Keychain on her Keyblade. This time giving it the appearance of a large golden key with a lamp for teeth. "Hm... one more huh..." she said taking this power into herself as well, Kairos turned her Keyblade into a large staff with glowing blue smoke coming from the bottom and the Lamp at the top also billowing smoke in its place. Her clothing changed once more, to a dark blue with a star theme. Kairos' eyes widened in a moment because she was floating a bit off the ground, as if magic was between her and the ground. Her movement speed in this form was more to her liking but she also felt like her body was brimming with magic. "So much magic~ Too much even... I'm giddy!~" she said turning several flips and moving at such a speed as to leave behind wisps of smoke in the form of after image like clones which also began to move around with her. Again she tested this with a spell she knew wouldn't harm anything. "Water!~" this blasted water away from her, towards the end of the pier but her and all her clones aimed for the same place. "I might really like this!~ The one woman show is gonna be awesome!~" she mused content to try out this form a bit longer than the last.

"I'll have you know I've created some of the greatest names in history... or maybe I will. Definitely one of those two things!" Luxu replied adamantly. With that, he was content to move on and address Himiko's desire to have something akin to a battleaxe as her weapon of choice. This was a strange thing to want, and it made Master Invi's choices more and more questionable to go along with his own ideals, but Luxu would not bring up that specific matter. "May your heart be your guiding key. If you want a battleaxe hard enough, you'll get one." As he said this, Kairos was beginning her effort to try the other two forms offered by her remaining Keyblades. They ended up being precisely what he expected, especially the Keyblade of his own design. It seemed Kairos was more satisfied with the Elemental Form offered by the Three Wishes Keyblade, but such was also to expectation considering the preference she'd made apparent over time. "Hmm. Interesting. I get the feeling there may be a few more forms to discover, and there might even be a way to harness a power similar to Anti Form's without the danger..."

At this time, someone who'd been watching all along decided to make their dramatic entrance at last. Snow began to fall from above by means of magical interference, and the boy with pink and purple hair, known as Yuri, skated through the sky en route to this group. His method of transportation was a strange set of icicle-like protrusions on his feet. He also sported a similar set of weapons on his hands, and his attire had become green with indigo flame patterns. He moved with incredible swiftness as he spiraled toward the ground to join the trio, and when he landed, he did so with the added flair of an erect posture featuring a raised right arm. "Guys! Do you wanna build a snowman!?"

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast