Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Daybreak Town

Some time later during the day, the newly named Foreteller Invi, who bore the mask of the snake, wandered the streets of Daybreak Town. Always the observer, he thought that it wouldn't take much effort at all to fulfill the role given to him by the Master of Masters, but the formation of a Union was another story entirely. He had always been just a bit distant, and as such, he didn't consider himself the best for forming any sort of team. On the other hand, this was something he had to do. This didn't change the fact that he somewhat dreaded the idea as a whole, but his search went on regardless.

A certain young woman with black hair was walking around the corner coming from a food place of her choosing. She'd had a very odd day, and given this point she was still trying to make sense of everything which had happened. She walked away having an ice cream, her feathered outfit shifting in the breeze as she moved. 'Today... has been such a weird day.' she thought as she had at her confection of choice. She wondered if or when she'd encounter the young man known as Sion again. She really did feel like they could be friends...

During his travels, Invi passed many individuals. Some were Keyblade wielders of various skill, some were not, but he had yet to see someone he recognized at all. He figured this was the easiest route; finding someone he was at least somewhat familiar with and starting there. Soon enough, he was treated with a familiar face. It was a girl in her mid teens, seeming to be enjoying a bit of ice cream. Waving his arm overhead, he called out to this girl from down the street. "Oi, Kairos!"

It seemed the girl's inner musings were to be interrupted. She heard a somewhat familiar voice call her name, but upon turning around to see the arm waving overhead. She thought about it a bit more and recognize this person as one of the direct apprentices of the Master of Masters. The bearer of the snake mask bore the name...Hiro. "Oh? It's you... huh? Nice to see you." she mentioned. Moving right along she turned and headed down the street towards the person calling her name. At the very least she could see what they wanted, she supposed this meeting could be no stranger than her earlier one with the boy whose face she'd never seen. As such she'd stop near this young man enjoying her ice cream and waiting to see what he wanted.

When it became obvious that he had gained the girl's attention, the young Master hopped his way closer to her location, meeting her along the way to approaching him. He had been wandering around for a solid fifteen minutes or so, and it was refreshing to finally see a face he could match a name to. Perhaps he would be in luck, and this could be the first member of his Union. "Hey! You have no idea how good it feels to finally run into somebody I know. I've been looking all over the place," he said, only to then pause and tilt his head slightly. "Something on your mind? You look a little off."

Kairos was now in the company of a young man who seemed to be rather happy to see her. It was quite unusual, but she wasn't one to argue about it. In fact, now that she thought about it, she'd had more than one conversation with this young man while on the path to Master her Keyblade. With this in mind his words about finally finding someone he knew made her smile as she ate. "Hmm... I can see. Glad to be a familiar face on your journey then." she said. But it seemed then that her slightly distracted mind had caught the attention of this young man. She had no reason to be anything but honest in this moment so she explained but only after her most recent bite of ice cream. "I... met someone strange today." she said as she walked. "And it felt like it happened several times... I don't even know what his face looks like... but he said his name was Sion." she said very curiously. "I just found myself wondering... if it's possible to be friends with someone without knowing it." she said with a nod. The girl seemed to be just a little more thoughtful than one would expect given how she chose to dress and the slightly dark nature of her Keyblade.

"Huh? Someone strange?" he questioned. Invi kept an open ear for the girl's following explanation of the strange meeting she had earlier this day, and though it was nothing short of unordinary, the name she gave certainly rang a bell or two. "Oh, Sion! I know him. He's one of the Master's six apprentices, like me. Don't you use Magic a lot? If you do, you should probably know him already. You guys are both kinda pyromaniacs."

"Oh? So you know him then?" she said of the man known as Sion who was apparently along with the others that she knew of as one of the Master of Master's apprentices. It was a very strange thing, those taught by 'the Master' were apparently just far better than everyone else. She didn't envy them the privilege but even she couldn't keep up with the group as they were now. "I am fond of Magic, yes. But I don't see what that has to do with anything. Also, I am not a pyromaniac. Fire based magic is the easiest to use with the kind of combat I prefer." the girl said as she finally finished the ice cream she'd been eating and found herself checking the stick to see if she'd won a free one. She hadn't this time so she held the stick within her fingers and burned it to ashes on the spot just in time to realize that she'd just slightly proven the pyromania recently mentioned by the young man she was walking with. Of course, she wouldn't say anything about it, unless it was mentioned.

"You mean the kind of combat that involves burning things?" he retorted playfully while leaned slightly forward, moving his right hand about as if he were performing a one-handed juggle. He wouldn't specifically say anything about the girl's burning of the Popsicle stick in her hand, feeling that his point had been made well enough already. "Anyway, that guy's like the pioneer of Keyblade Magic. He showed us all how to do it; that's what made him a Master... and probably our Master's favorite, but we're not gonna get into that."

"Well, I can't really argue that..." she said seemingly a bit bashful about it. She wouldn't directly admit to liking setting things on fire, but the usefulness of such a skill could not be overlooked. Beyond this point she seemed to have a few darker leanings besides those of her Keyblade not that they needed to be discussed either. Moving right along, it appeared that Sion was made Master by 'the Master' because of his magical prowess. She hadn't never seen him perform a magical task before unrelated to his Keyblade but she could understand why the invention of it would cause someone to gain recognition and favor. "Oh? The Master has a favorite? I always figured she couldn't decide and that was why there were so many of you." she said seemingly amused by the whole thing, but not begrudging any of the Master's apprentices. "I only met him for a few seconds and we didn't necessarily talk very much about Magic at the time, though... if I had known I might have." she said with a bit of a smile on her face. Perhaps this would be a subject to broach the next time they spoke. She could only imagine the things he could have to teach her considering he was the one who created magic. "Oh, I've been rude though, haven't I?" she said almost to herself. "I forgot to ask... why you were searching for familiar faces." she said thinking about it more, he had seemed very excited upon finding her.

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast