Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Daybreak Town

"Yeah, I think everybody likes to think that, but even parents have favorites sometimes," he said. This was a matter of little importance, but one worth discussing nonetheless for simple small talk. Moving along, though, there was a more important matter to discuss than the Master's favorites, and the rise of the one known as Sion. Though, Invi seemed to have forgotten this in the moment, until it was brought back to his attention by Kairos. "Oh, right! So... the Master changed all of our names. I'm Invi now. We're also each meant to be creating 'Unions' to guide in collecting light and maintaining the balance of the world. I'm not very good with these sorts of things, so I was hoping maybe someone I knew would join me."

"I suppose that is true." she said of the favoring of individuals. People couldn't help their tastes and there was nothing wrong with liking something or someone over something else. It was always simply a matter of preference. But soon they'd be back on track and back to the reason that this young man had appeared before her. It seemed that the Master had given him a new name, to go along with his rank of 'Master' and some very odd clothes. And he had a task to complete which involved forming something known as a 'Union' to keep the balance in the world. "The Master changed your name to Invi? So... instead of calling you 'Master Hiro' we should call you... 'Master Invi'?" she questioned this, because it was very odd to her that anyone would just randomly accept a name change. But she supposed that like all things the strange woman known as the Master did, there was a distinct reason behind it. "And you want me to join the union you are forming?" she asked thinking it over. To be fair if the others were also forming unions, it wasn't as if she any of them any better than she knew Hiro... or rather Invi. She'd known him for a while, and considered him an ally, even if she wasn't strictly sure on their 'friendship' status, given she'd never shown him that thing... Beyond that, much like herself, there was something a bit off about this young man which made her feel more comfortable. After she had clarification on her understanding of this situation, she could only wonder if Sion was forming a Union as well, to be fair... she'd enjoy getting to know him, and doing such would be an easy way to do it.

"Yeah, pretty much. I think it's pretty cool though... Master Invi. I like the ring it's got," he commented with a grin. "Though I also think maybe the Master wanted to do the name change thing a bit sooner... or maybe she just didn't think of it until late, but it probably would have been better if none of us had people who knew our original names. I mean, look at Sion. He probably introduced himself right before getting a whole new name!" The truth of this statement could not be understated, but it was simply an assumption coming from the young man now answering to the epithet of Invi. "And yes. You'd be the first official member of the Union Anguis. I don't have a ton to teach or offer, but I could show you my secret skill... the one that made me a Master. I've been thinking that's the thing our Unions will end up specializing in... whatever individual traits we Masters excel at."

"Hmm, I suppose it does sound pretty cool, Master Invi~" said the girl with a giggle to follow. She still couldn't really imagine simply accepting a name change. But she supposed there were worse things and worse names to be assigned then the one this man got away with. On the matter of Sion introducing himself a while before he was likely to receive his name change the girl's eyes widened just a little. What if he really did just get a new name and now she didn't even know what it was. "That's... problematic." she said about the boy's random name change. But she supposed that stressing about it now wouldn't really change anything. She figured if she spent enough time looking about, she was bound to find that young man again with or without his new name. "Anguis? Snake? So the Union's are named after the Masks..." she made the assumption and thought about it only a bit more. It seemed that this man didn't have much to offer by way of power and instead offered her his special skill... the one he'd made up which got him the rank of Master. "Well, I do like secrets, skills, and snakes." she said of the offers presented to her. "And it's not like I know any of the others well enough to consider such an invitation from any of them." she finished up, bowing to the Master before her. If only because she could think of nothing better to do, as she accepted his offer. "At your service Master Invi."

"I doubt it. That guy's the only one who walks around wearing that coat besides the Master herself." Invi was certain this girl expected to meet with the young man named Sion again at some point, and for all intents and purposes, he figured it would be quite easy for her. Little did he know that the person in question had been given the task of distancing himself from everyone, but time would tell regardless. From this interaction, he received the first official member of his Union, Anguis. This left him with a grin, and the freedom to share key information with her. "Awesome! We do have a role to fill. We're the ones meant to be keeping an eye on the others. Y'know, being indifferent and observational. As for the secret... I've been calling them Drive Forms. You should be able to handle the first two. One of them will boost your Magic by a ton, and the other will let you become a strong physical fighter, even though you specialize in Magic."

"Well, yes... there is that." she said thinking of the fact that she'd only ever seen a cloak like the one the other boy was wearing on the Master herself. She supposed he would be easily recognizable by that logic regardless of the name he ended up with. Moving right along... it seemed that her agreement to take part of this man's Union let her in on some very interesting information. Not the least of which was basically permission to spy on people for her own amusement as long as she wasn't judgemental about it. And the knowledge of something called 'Drive Forms' which apparently the man before her made up at some point. The explanation that she would apparently be able to handle two of them one which boasted physical prowess and one which would make her Magic even more potent seemed to make the girl happy. "I... ah... may or may not already do things like that from time to time anyways." she said of the watching part of her apparent new duties. "Anyways... that Drive Form thing sounds pretty cool... I've been looking for a bit more to spice up my combat lately. I was going to try and find a new fire spell... but this sounds a bit better." she said and the idea of more potent magic was always something amazing.

"What a coincidence. That's exactly what I said to the Master," he replied. This was a refreshing bit of similarity the two apparently shared, which boded well for the strength of the Union Invi was to form. As for the secret he had so recently revealed to the girl, it seemed she took some level of interest in them. This was good. At their earliest convenience, he would be sure to show her how the Drive Forms worked. "Nice. I'll be sure to show you the ropes then. I wanna find somebody else first, though, so I guess I'm off to do that," he said, taking steps toward separating himself from Kairos as these words were spoken.

It seemed that Kairos and Invi had a bit of something in common as far as their leisure activities were concerned, given the way that they both addressed this supposed new set of duties. This made a giggle come from the girl as she shook her head from left to right. "Well, that explains a lot." she said. If they were similar in such a way, she figured that it was why she felt both comfortable and very strange around the man she would now call her leader. As they transitioned it seemed that he wanted to gather another individual. And he seemed to be separating himself from her for that purpose, which was fine. "Well, whenever you get around to it, that is fine." she said with a chuckle. But she wasn't really sure that she had anything else keeping her interest at the moment. "Wait... umm.... you mind if I tag along?" she asked, considering that it might be a bit rude just to follow the man without telling him about it first.

"Cool. I'll let you know," he said as he turned around and began a full trek in another direction. Mere moments later, the raven-haired lass requested to join him on his journey to find other Union members. Turning enough that he could view her from over his left shoulder, he smiled. "Sure! It'd be less awkward if I wasn't just walking around looking at people by myself, so I'd love it if you came along. I just didn't want to ask and hold you up from anything!"

The girl known as Kairos managed to look a bit stunned that her Union Leader thought he was holding her up from something. It was more than a bit relieving that he was willing to allow her to join him. "To be honest, I probably would have followed anyways... I get bored really easily. And upon thinking about it... I don't really have anything else to do right now." she said, more than happy to accompany Invi is his procuring of a new member. "But... it's a bit less boring to make conversation along the way. So, who else do you have in mind? Anyone I know?" she asked as she took up pace beside the serpent mask wearing young man as they went on their quest to find another person to join the Union they were now both a part of.

Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast