Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Agrabah

Outside the cave, Invi found himself facing against two creatures which simultaneously conjured great spheres of darkness overhead. There was such a great presence from these that he could literally feel it, as if it were draining the air and beginning to choke him. "That's not good." Before he could do anything about the monsters, he had to deal with these orbs. Otherwise, the entire cave and Kairos' potential exit from it would be in danger of crumbling. He needed to gamble on this. He needed to wait until the precise moment in which they were sent his way, lest he risk exploding them too closely to the cave.

Within the cave, Kairos was faced with the problem of being without her magical abilities. Naturally, this did not bode well for her affinity, but she seemed to have at least one way around the handicap being imposed on her. Her quadret of strikes using both light and darkness to power them ground against the creature's arm after it swung its blade, yet it did not seem fazed by this. Its remaining pair of arms each conjured an orb of darkness, which it threw to the sides. These orbs proceeded to bounce around the area, threatening to strike Kairos and inflict a powerful gravity effect on her numerous times over. In the meantime, a voice echoed throughout the cave. "You're not going to accomplish much as you are. I'm sure you've noticed that."

Kairos had no idea what was taking place outside, but within this cave she was having an entirely different problem. Though she'd figured out a way around her lack of magical ability, it seemed that it wouldn't be enough to properly down the creature she was facing off against. Actually, it seemed like it wouldn't even be enough to allow her to properly faze it. Given this information as gravity balls began to bounce around she went out of her way to avoid them, performing a movement which allowed her to rather fluidly turn herself into something like a dark puddle and move about. While she did this, she heard a voice, which was steadily becoming more familiar to her. And it made her scoff. "Oh? You don't say? Still doesn't seem like you felt the need to do anything about it." she mentioned sarcastically as she finally emerged and was standing outside the reach of this creature. She was still angry about the entirety of this situation, and she couldn't know that such a thing could be ever so helpful. In fact, she'd only think about it in this moment when it became obvious to her that nothing else, could or would help her in this moment. In this moment, she used that negativity, a blue aura surrounded the girl as she looked at the large creature and at her fallen friend. "You know what, come to me... I'm not afraid and you can't control me." she mentioned the shadows around the girl shifted and the darkness and a blue light escaped the girl as she was enveloped. A dark muscle like covering came over her person and her Keyblade disappeared from her hand. "Well, I still need that." she said opening her hand an amorphous glob of darkness came to her hand and soon it would contain a sword with an eye on it, much to her surprise. Even so, she felt stronger now, and much more capable of doing something and she wouldn't know why this was the case immediately. "Huh... this should do." she thought absently. And thus she went to attack the creature again. This time her blade was wrapped in darkness and as she moved, she took note of her abilities. "Faster, stronger... not magic, but not bad." she commented as she slammed downwards on her darkness covered weapon intending to deal much damage to two of the creatures left arms. All the while she felt it was perfectly possible for her to do anything at this moment.

"If I thought you needed help, I would help you. Don't worry. Your friend will be fine. And... sorry," he said. This apology was given not for anything he said, but simply for his involvement in the ongoing events, which had occurred in part due to him. "I think you'll thank me later, though... when you run out of questions."

No attacks were made by the creature of darkness while Kairos was within the shadows. When she emerged, she unleashed a power the likes of which none had ever seen before, and yet it gave off a sensation similar to that of the creature itself. "That's the spirit," the male voice stated from an unknown location as the girl inflicted proper injuries to two of the dark creature's arms. One of them happened to be an orb-carrying arm, which prompted Kairos' "adviser" of sorts to speak again. "The orbs are silencing your magical ability, by the way." When this was said, the creature began spinning its swords ahead of itself, putting forth a powerful defense and offense simultaneously. In this way, it intended to keep Kairos at bay while its other arms recovered.

Outside, the monsters Invi faced were finally unleashing their attacks. With his timing met, Invi slashed outward with both Keyblades, wielding enough physical strength in this form to create a pair of tornadoes. Said tornadoes reversed the direction of the spheres, sending them skyward, but not before they rammed into the bodies of Invi's enemies.

"Oh? An apology? For causing me stress and helping me walk into events which would leave my friend out? Why let it happen if you were just going to apologize later..." she questioned knowing this to be the case but making conversation because what else was she to do while she tried to harm the creature before her. Moving right along, it seemed that her friend would be fine which was utterly relieving but still did nothing for the fact that the dark creature before her needed to be dealt with before she could happily approach the young man. It seemed thought that the disembodied voice had a bit of advice to offer. "Ya' don't say?" she said to the information that it was in fact the orbs keeping her from being able to use her magical abilities. As such she immediately moved to attack those instead of the large creature itself. It took a few darkness empowered swings but she would eventually break both and once she did so, she had but one thing to try since it appeared that the shielding this creature used likely wasn't something she wanted to try smashing against directly. "Firaga!" she chimed, seeming to create a large ball of darkness which fired against the creature. Aiming to break the shield it created, blind it, and begin burning it all.

"That's the problem with knowing the future. Sometimes you just have to let the regrettable path take place because it has the best ending," he explained. "I did say you were fifteen minutes early. If your group showed up fifteen minutes later, the enemy you're facing now would have latched onto a stronger heart than your friend there. Your friend was the first to die in that scenario."

Kairos' newfound power of Darkness gave her the ability to destroy the orbs keeping her Magic sealed away, and it seemed the first thing she wished to do after this accomplishment was cast a spell. And, what a spell it was. The fire Magic Kairos had been so attached to previously came from her sword with a black coloration, and even though the monster's spinning blades chopped through it numerous times on its way, it simply resulted in a shower of smaller black fireballs. In its blind and damaged state, it conjured an array of large fireballs to launch at the girl, leaving its body open, but having enough of an offense set up that it believed itself to be safe. "And it's over..."

Invi had returned the attacks of the two remaining enemies he faced, but they still stood. Not for long. He took a preparatory charging stance, crossing his arms to hold his Keyblades as if he were ready to unsheathe a pair of swords. When he moved, he did so quickly enough that he seemed to disappear and reappear on the other side of these creatures, having stretched out his arms and slashed through both of them in one fell swoop. As their bodies faded into nothingness, Invi banished his Keyblades and reverted himself to his normal state of being. "There. I hope they're alright down there."

"So, you saved him, simultaneously making me angry but making the enemy easier to defeat?" she summarized because such a thing didn't at all seem like it was possible. But given how many times she'd met this man before this moment, she could at least say that time manipulation was likely no easy burden to bear. Moving right along she seemed to have successfully given this creature enough of a hit that it was flailing about in a way which let her know it'd been blinded. "Huh? That's interesting." she said as she moved around dodging the fireballs while she coated her sword in darkness. Soon enough the girl jumped into the air performing a spinning attack which concentrated all of her body and allowed her to slip past the attacks and arms of the creature she faced. If successful a massive enough bit of damage to completely wipe this enemy from the planet would be unleashed thus ending the nightmare of this day. "Fine, one last question, why bother? I mean... you definitely didn't have to interfere at all and it probably would have been a lot less work for you." she asked as she landed on the ground hoping for the end of the creature and thus the end to the form she was using.

"Basically... yeah," said the young man. These words passed his lips as Kairos' sword cleaved through the monster which held her companion hostage to siphon his power. The boost this girl had obtained on this day was quite a hefty one, and while Luxu knew this, he also knew there would be more to come at a later time. For now, she wished to know why he would even bother interfering in the timeline surrounding this girl and her Union-mates. "I did say you'd probably thank me when you ran out of questions," he said as he materialized before her in a cloud of darkness. "I meant the questions you ask yourself. 'Am I the right kind of person for a Keyblade?' 'Is this darkness inside me really all that bad?' Things like this... the same questions I asked myself once. Invi would lead you down a path that would have you consumed by your own darkness. But... you're worth more than that. I decided to pop in every now and then to get you moving in the right direction, to control that darkness instead. Next time, you'll see some real power. Now... I think you've earned yourself a Keyblade," he concluded, stepping aside to create a clear path toward not only Yuri, but the magic lamp that was connected enough to this world to be a catalyst for a new Keychain.

The creature Kairos fought disappeared and she landed exhaling and taking a moment to have a look at the sword this form boasted. She turned it around in her hands as the young cloaked man appeared before her, explaining how and why he'd slipped into her timeline. The questions he mentioned were definitely ones she'd asked herself from time to time, when staring at the Keyblade created by her own heart apparently. It always seemed like those around her were afraid of darkness to the extent that they tried to extinguish it, and she didn't want to be extinguished. It always made her wonder if she belonged among such people. Of course, she'd never mentioned this to anyone, aside from perhaps the young boy laid out in the other room so to hear such words from anyone else was quite startling. "I see... I too was a bit worried about Invi, given what he had to say about Yuri being taken in the first place. He sounded like one of those absolutists." she said as she stepped forward and Master Luxu stepped out of her way. Before claiming her prize for the day, she check on her friend, kneeling at his side she poked him, the sword she'd summoned disappearing from her hand in a black blob. "Oi, Yuri! Are you okay?" she asked of the young man, completely unsure of his current status even though Master Luxu had already said that the boy would be fine apparently. She'd still feel much better if he stirred a bit or something.

"He's not an absolutist. Invi is a good man, and he means well. He's just... misguided like everyone else. Without darkness, no one can see the light. Without light, there is no darkness. The world needs both to exist properly. The tyranny of the light will one day be the end of everything." Why Luxu gave this explanation was unknown. It was his own understanding of the world as it was, combined with the knowledge of the impending Keyblade War. He knew of the death on the horizon, and of the survivors of the light, but he thought perhaps Kairos would be a survivor toward keeping the balance, instead of overwhelming the darkness with light. When Kairos moved past Luxu to prod the boy called Yuri, he didn't seem very keen on waking. However, he didn't seem completely out of it, either. There was a small noise escaping the lad, akin to sleep mumbles. Luxu walked toward Kairos' rear during this occurrence, pressing the tip of his Keyblade against her back. "You pull this form off wonderfully, but... you should be able to get your Keyblade back," he said as he locked this transformation back into her heart. In a way, he was sealing her darkness, but through this form, it would accomplish nothing more than returning her to normal. "When you're ready to do this without your heart disagreeing, I'll be there."

"Tyranny, that is a pretty good way to describe it." Kairos said on the matter of the light. She found it comforting that someone else didn't just assume the light was right. Still, she was quite busy prodding at her friend who didn't seem to want to wake but was very much alive. At least enough to be making noises in his sleep. This gave the girl quite a bit of relief considering this young man was pretty much all she had to count towards friendship. Even so, she soon felt the press of a Keyblade against her back and the locking of the form she currently possessed into her person. The explanation that came with it, seemed to be something about the way she used it, combined with her heart not necessarily agreeing with it. Even so the darkness disappeared and the girl returned to her normal status. To check this she extended her right hand, summoning her Keyblade which was currently in the shape of a chakram with a flame curled key at the end. A smile came to her face as it returned to her, but apparently and according to the man behind her, she should have been able to summon it regardless. "So, a compliment and admitting that you're going to continue stalking me? Okay. So what's this about the new Keyblade I earned?" she said as she continued poking the young man below her saying odd words to him, though funnily enough she hadn't forgotten the promise of a present. "Really, Yuri? I know I don't do mornings but I don't understand sleep mumbles. Wake up already!" she managed a slight hint of impatience as she tried really hard to get the young man to wake.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast