"Iia. If any of you could catch up, none of you would be trying so hard to kill me." Of all the people Aomine could have been having this banter with, he had to admit that the woman he faced was the last person he once expected to see sharing this moment with him. He had once admired her run for her ability to fight without the use of ATs, and now here he was on the other side of the equation, fighting this way against the previous insurmountable force of their tower. On the positive side, she emerged from his opening move unscathed. Aomine would have called this a step in the right direction, but that little maneuver was only the method he'd chosen to clear his hand of the Pile Tornado; any damage he would have done to Suzume would have been incidental.

Whether his first attack was intentional or not, Suzume shined a bright light on the situation by her method of dealing with it. She now showed a level of control over the wind that allowed her to defend against anything he would have once been capable of, during the tower days. "Sugoi, sugoi! If you'd been this good when we got out of Trophaeum, you could have fought me by yourself! You've actually gotten stronger over the years!" In spite of his words of praise, Aomine was not yet wholly impressed. Suzume had developed, yes, but so had he. With the cutting winds quickly approaching him, Aomine raised both hands slightly. The solar wind previously produced by his Regalia's wheels began to accelerate enough to consume Suzume's assault, but they would soon serve a greater purpose. "Congratulations, Suzu-chin. You're worth more than just the stuff I used to do." With that said, Aomine offered Suzume a literal applause. In this specific case, though, every clap created something akin to the Moon Drop she would be accustomed to. Every one of these was stacked atop its predecessor, forcing the continued compression of the solar winds around Aomine to fabricate nuclear fusion. The end result of this was a literal miniature star hovering around the Sun King. Gas pillars spanned off the star of about 10 meters in diameter, much like the true solar flares. The wind alone was no longer the fuel for Aomine's potential onslaught; he now boasted this star, which could only see its power amplified in the face of Suzume's attacks. "Nova Road. The sky's full of clouds, Suzu-chin. Come on... block out the sun."