Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [Sunagakure] Amakajiba

[Sunagakure] Amakajiba

The Amakajiba (天鍛冶場, Sky Forge) is a place within the Sand Village between the Kazekage's mansion and the village's inner wall. The forge is where Jounin Hancho and local blacksmith Katsuhara Youko crafts not only weapons of legendary quality (comparable to those wielded by the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist) but also general tools to suit the needs of villagers and travelers alike. The forge's fires are among the hottest in the world, as they are fed from beneath by magma channeled from a volcano in a distant location.

Nearly six months after she'd set out to find for herself the ability to know and control her newest power, a small redhead returned to the village of her birth. Specifically she returned in a crimson flash of light to a spot she'd marked almost a decade prior. The woman was ever so calm, appearing to sit cross legged in her small shorts and fishnets with her legs crossed at the knees. If one were to take a gander at her, they'd find, her eyes were not the crimson color that was normal for her. No instead they were pupil-less orange moons which allowed her to flicker her gaze around the entirety of the village from this prime spot. Still, she couldn't help but feel a bit nervous as she absently ran her left hand through her hair. This woman was for all intents and purposes the most powerful person in this village, and yet, she felt a bit like an abashed child approaching the one she'd come for.

Several minutes later, the sound of metal lightly tapping against other pieces of metal encroached upon the forge, repeating along with the footsteps of the one carrying said metals. This man with his long, flowing locks of white bore neither shirt nor armor, as per usual when entering the forge. The metal beams were carried in his left arm, while he carried a large, age-worn scythe draped over his right shoulder. He sensed the presence of the redhead prior to climbing the hill to his forge, but by the time he reached his primary workbench, he was only just glancing in the woman's direction. "Finally done with the sage, I see..." he said casually while placing his materials on the bench.

"Uh-huh. The Moonman is... strange," she commented. This of course, was a bit odd, since, she'd taken to calling that particular man, such an odd name. Beyond this, she was rather strange herself, if her lack/choice of clothing wasn't obvious enough she was also just weird in the way she dealt with people. Case and point, the interaction taking place between herself and the apparent forge master. "Still, hard at work I see." She commented unsure of where to point this conversation. But there was a prickling along her skin, which had been feeling since she entered the village. And it was only getting worse. The more she felt such a feeling the more she balled up, pulling her legs into herself and allowing her eyes to dart back and forth.

"Strange indeed. He means well, but his methods are beyond me," the blacksmith replied. As this conversation ensued in whatever form it chose to develop in, he moved from the workbench to the forge itself, carrying the scythe with him. "As usual. Okuyasu-jii is still trying to run that garden outside the village, so he wants his scythe fixed. Looks like he's just been beating the dull end against rocks for a week." Once this was said, he exposed the scythe's blade to the fires of the forge, shifting his eyes toward the Kazekage as he did. Her movements since he'd first taken note of her presence were quite bothersome, so he chose to speak on the matter while the metal heated. "Why are you doing that?"

The redhead thought about the methods of the old man at the waterfall. And she decided she agreed with the idea that his methods were unorthodox to say the least. A curt nod of her head would follow this agreement. Soon enough she was learning of an older villager she knew about who was still trying to create a garden outside of the village. The news that his scythe looked as if it had been blunted against rocks made her laugh just a little. Even her her current state, she could see the humor in that. "Okuyasu-jii is funny like that. But maybe one day all that persistence will get him somewhere." She concluded. Finding his determination amusing, even though so far it'd been all but useless. Soon enough the conversation progressed to the point that she was asked about her present seating situation, she'd barely noticed that she was pulling away collapsing in on herself, as she felt the prickle of malevolence across her skin and it made her feel strange. "Oh?" She seemed a bit stunned at noticing herself but she didn't actually change her seating arrangement at all. She simply kept looking around. "I feel anger, hatred, disappointment... and something's..." she couldn't quite place it, but seemed immediately distracted, in fact, her eyes turned away from the man before her without explanation. Before the most recent events surrounding her kidnapping, mental breaking, and new powers, she'd had powers of her own which had been suppressed. Now they were also at the forefront of her abilities and it wasn't something she could stop feeling.

"If he finds a way to pull rich soil out of his ass, then sure," he said. Finding himself dissatisfied with the heat being applied to this scythe, he fanned the forge to intensify the flames slightly, until the blade glowed the most perfect shade of orange for optimal re-forging. Once this had been accomplished, he began reshaping it right above the fires. When the redhead next spoke, he somehow managed to knock away the tip of the blade accidentally. "Chikusho!" he muttered as he dropped the rest of the tool into a bin of water for immediate cooling. "I guess I'm making a new one. Anyway, if you're feeling all that junk, maybe you should be in somewhere different."

The old man who had been trying to grow things outside of the oasis area the village was situated upon, was a strange one as well. But somehow Benihime found herself believing in him. Of course, while she thought this over, her words seemed to strike the white haired man before her the exact wrong way, so wrong in fact, that he'd managed to make a mistake on the thing he'd been trying to repair and this was something most unusual to her. Her eyes shifted back to him as she heard his words and felt a tiny prickle from him directly which caused her eyes to widen. "Well, I mean... I am going to leave." she said as she unfolded herself from her balled up position her eyes had found new focus at the far end of the village this time. "But... I wasn't talking about you, Youko." she said as she was now standing in front of him her eyes flickered directly over him and she reached towards him, with her right hand, stopping shy of his skin but swiping away a bit of chakra which she was playing with in her hands as she spoke. "Though, now that you mention it, you've been feeling like that since you rescued me." Unbeknownst to Youko, she could feel those things from him, right after he rescued her and right up until she left to seek the guidance of the Blue Moon Sage. Still, one person, right in front of her, shouldn't be enough to make her subconsciously shrivel up, and beyond this there had been a bit of random scurrying about since she'd arrived in the village, because the hospital had been her first stop and not the forge she was now standing in. "Something's wrong..." she mentioned with a sigh, and holding up the chakra she'd taken from Youko in a small ball. "This isn't all that is here, something worse is around." She finally finished her earlier statement and had the brilliant idea to use her eyes in conjunction with her feelings, the moon allowing her to see the chakra she could feel, letting her trace the malevolence around the village to various places and figure out what was going on.

When he chose to move toward more materials for a new scythe, Youko was halted by the presence of Benihime in front of him. Her outward reach fell short of physical contact, but did somehow create a sphere of chakra which she proceeded to toy with while addressing matters. Instead of speaking on her first clause, Youko chose instead to save his response for the "something worse" of which she spoke. "There couldn't possibly be a great threat to the village already. If you're sensing malicious intent, it shouldn't be much to worry about. Aiko is probably out and about, and she's more than able to stop almost anyone before they are deep into the village."

Benihime heard out what Youko had to say after acquiring the ball of chakra she intended to play with for a bit. She was mostly using it to test out this newfound ability of hers, which she thought was directly connected to her moon, but didn't really appear to be the case. As she played with the chakra she found it a tad prickly to her skin but nothing like the other things she was feeling all around. "You know, normally, I'd just agree with that... but I'm pretty sure that is Aiko," she commenting pointing in the direction she could see a different chakra in. "In the ruins of the village, surrounded by a few dozen of those malicious energies." she said pulling apart the chakra ball that she was playing with and allowing it to fall away. Once this happened she used her left hand to pull at her own chakra straight from her core and wound that into a ball as well. This one would have a light orange color like the moon in her eyes as she concentrated a bit further past it. "Hm, and Hakudoshi is with her. It's a trap... probably for me. Oh... and there is someone coming here too... that one reeks of vengeance. But I doubt it's for me." She said calmly. "None of this felt this way until I left the hospital. I'm no detective, but it seems a bit too coincidental."

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast