Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: [Sunagakure] Amakajiba

"Yes, and the boy also has a Kekkei Genkai that's been constantly on since the moment he was born! That doesn't happen in my clan, so there's obviously some heavy influence from your people in there," was the man's retort. When his learning and development of the Chidori technique was brought into the discussion, he switched from rubbing his head, to scratching the side of it with his forefinger. "Uhh... well. Yeah, that might have happened. Oh... as for the chakra thing..." Youko paused there, taking a moment to yawn and collect himself before moving on. "Did you check his chakra? Maybe he's using Senjutsu Chakra to keep boosting it back to the normal amount?"

Benihime started to argue with the bit about the constantly active Kekkei Genkai. "That's..." she paused, because given her present predicament she couldn't really argue. "Fair. Okay." She said, the man then seemed to remember a bit about his own training, and haphazardly took a bit of responsibility, though barely. This made the small redhead chuckle just a bit, but she wasn't sure why. As he went on to question the boy's seemingly endless chakra reserves the red head smirked. "Of course I checked. And there is no difference. He uses 'the green chakra' as he calls it, specifically to put it around the Rasengan so it stays together. He showed me how to do this." She said beginning to pace again but much more slowly, and explaining her current sage state. "But I watched the entirety of this new technique from start to finish with these eyes. And I felt the differences in the chakra after I figured out what he was doing with the Rasengan. He isn't taking any in and converting it. His pool is just seemingly endless. His body shows it is there, and the amount doesn't drain, but he also just isn't using the Senjutsu chakra for the whole of the techniques. I really don't get it." she said thoughtfully. "I mean obviously he's still only six, so I could probably just beat him with physical fighting, his body likely couldn't take it, but I'm not gonna beat up on him, just because I won't win the jutsu competition, that'd be mean." She finished this statement realizing she'd already thought about it, and talked herself out of it, for whatever reason.

"So it's not Senjutsu. That's very strange. Even the most hyperactive kid shouldn't regenerate chakra quickly enough to make it seem like it's not going anywhere. Hell, even the Nine Tails' Jinchuriki shouldn't be that incredible. We might want to look into that, if for nothing else, then for a bit more understanding about our own kid." Youko yawned once more, moving himself toward the forge as he did. From the knowledge he had of his own clan, there was nothing to go by. But, he knew there were secrets that only the clan's royal family possessed. Perhaps they could be of use. "I may be heading home soon."

Benihime looked at the man before her, and he didn't seem to have any real answers. Of course, parenting didn't really have a set of rules, and their child was far from ordinary. Still, she couldn't help but shrug. "Yeah, I figured something like that might be necessary. Actually, I should probably just figure out where my parents went. With the way his Kekkei Genkai manifested, it might be something they know about. And since I can prove I am an adult now... they'll have to tell me." She said, thought this wasn't really something she looked forward to. This conversation had taken several moments and she still had to get back to Hakudoshi. "Oops, I almost forgot. I really gotta go finish up with Hakudoshi. I'll be back, lunch?" she offered, so they'd have a bit more time to speak, in a less taxing situation. Beyond that just talking to this man without their usual closeness was a bit taxing for the young woman, she'd even abandoned sage mode in her lack of concentration. Not that it really mattered at this point.

"Mm. That's why I need to go back. Whoever the royal family is now, they would have inherited all the clan's secrets. Even if they don't know for sure, they might have some connection," he clarified. Of course, his success in this endeavor was completely dependent on what branch of the clan was considered royalty at present, and how the overall clan viewed him since the fall of the Blood Moon Cult. He would simply have to find out when he arrived. It seemed Benihime was keen on returning to the boy of whom they spoke, which virtually cleared Youko to move on with whatever he had planned to do. Before her departure though, she spoke of an eventual return, and offered to meet for lunch. "Sure. I don't think I have any major orders today anyway."

A nod came from the woman as the man agreed to lunch. Even so, she was used to such things meaning very different things. So she decided she needed a clear head before returning her attention to her six year old. "Hai hai. Ja." She mentioned before she disappeared in a crimson flash of light. Though her teleportation wouldn't take her directly back to her son, and instead, to the top of the oasis so she could take a quick dip, before teleporting form beneath the water, back to where she went.

"Sayonara," the man said when the woman chose to vacate the area. Once she was gone, he began a series of morning stretches to wake himself a bit more. A quick use of Hiraishin took him back to the mansion to bathe himself, after which he would return to the forge again. As he thought, there seemed to be no requests of any significant quantity. So, he went about a very relaxed pace in crafting tools for the day.

An hour and a half after she'd left the previous time, Benihime, reappeared in the forge, with a basket of food in a crimson flash. She was sitting atop her usual place when she visited one of the work benches. If one took a gander at the young woman, they might notice her change in attire, now she was wearing general purpose clothing, pair of shorts, a small tube top which was laced in the front, but still no shoes. Though she'd brought food, and herself, she was still quite nervous about the conversation she should have with her husband. Something about the bluntness of the way her son said she should fix it, still made her feel weird. She wasn't used to conversing in such a way, particularly since gaining access to her clan's Kekkei Genkai. This was such a preoccupying thought she didn't even bother announcing her presence.

It seemed Youko had underestimated the quality of some orders he'd received on this day. One in particular - the weapon he worked on at present - was a Zanbatou of great girth. This weapon was large enough to consume his entire forge with its blade, while still hanging off the edge. He even had to use Water Release techniques to cool it, which he ended up doing shortly after Benihime's unannounced arrival. After doing this, he took a breather and wiped his brow, turning toward the workbench when he did to see the redhead once again at the forge. "Right on time," he said. "Madoka decided he needed a Zanbatou, so I happen to have worked up an appetite. What's on the menu?"

Benihime looked up in time to see the man slaving over what happened to be one of the largest swords she'd ever seen. She was quite surprised and even so, she seemed to chuckle at the mention of Madoka having decided on such a thing. "There's a joke to be made about requesting a sword so large... but I feel like I shouldn't make it." She said thus making the joke indirectly. Moving right along when asked what was on the menu for the day, and since she'd given the kitchen staff so much time, it was a surprisingly large meal. The basket she brought today, was huge compared to what she normally had. "Umm, I think the kitchen staff were having a bit of fun, Tempura, Sashimi, Miso soup, pickled veggies and rice. Like a full spread, it's kind of amazing. Oh, and there's Anmitsu and Dorayaki for dessert." she said. Her listing was basically a three course meal, but an old woman had once told her whenever husbands and wives fight, a large meal should be made and consumed together, because everything can be properly discussed if everyone is full. And thus the young woman had figured she'd have a bit of an easier time moving on that.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast