Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: [Sunagakure] Amakajiba

Youko hadn't been around for very long before a chakra more familiar than any other he knew appeared. When this occurred, Youko had already begun the process of heating metals over the open flame. "That was quick. If you were just going to drop Tori off, I figured you'd stop by and pick up..." Before his sentence reached its end, Youko turned to face the redhead. His Doujutsu had been active since the exchange in Kirigakure, and now, he could see the chakra within this body directly. "... Kochou. Why a clone, and why are you laughing?"

It seemed that Benihime was noticed, likely because of her stifled giggle, and because he seemed to simply be aware of her presence. His line of questioning was along what she expected, but she waited a bit to answer him because he was obviously putting things together himself. As he heated metals she watched him work, and took a breath before answering his questions. "Well, I do plan to pick up Kochou but when I drop off Tori, didn't want to leave her stranded," she said of their shared girlfriend and her younger sister. "Clone because I realized on my way back to the Uzushiogakure that I kinda wanted to see what you were working on, but... I also wanted to see the seals and stuff. So... easy solution to both problems," the woman said seeming to have thought about it. In general it was really normal for her to use the combined experiences of clones to do multiple things at once and not miss out on any one aspect of her life. She was quiet for a few seconds before she realized she didn't answer his last question. A devious smile came to the Kazekage's face in this moment as she continued. "I was laughing because you were talking to yourself so happily and it was adorable~"

"Oh? Well, that should be fun. Frankly, though, I was hoping you were real enough to have done that before I got too into my work. Sadly... I can't slack on this one. I had a look at Haku during that festival. I think Kanna is going to have to be taken out of him manually, but I've got an idea." As he spoke, Youko shuffled about to retrieve a mirror likely to be familiar to the red-haired woman. This was the very same mirror wielded by their daughter, Kanna, during her brief resurrection. The object was broken, but enough for what Youko had planned. "This mirror is tainted with Kanna's chakra. I'm going to use it to make the tool for her true return. Now that is adorable."

Youko was soon explaining while their 'fun' was a good idea to him, he couldn't presently be brought away from his work. Of course, the woman realized he was probably onto something important which was exactly why she didn't go out and act in her usual manner. She also had her own quick fixes to make and to do them, she needed a bit more time with her elder brother figure. He went on to say that the object he had was tainted with their daughter's chakra and though the woman obviously recognized the object she still had a problem with it and it was the same problem she had with the girl herself. She didn't feel anything from this object. Unlike most other things she came in contact with this, didn't feel like anything. But before a frown could come to her face there was mention of the small girl being brought back and that... was worth a bit of good will from the Kazekage. "Hai hai, that will be adorable~" she said swooning over the idea of her perfect pair. Despite her general thoughts about her own ability to parent, Benihime was always thoroughly disappointed that her son didn't have his other half. The completion of their pairing was something she longed for deeply and was almost rooted in her DNA. The thought of it happening soon was likely one of the most happy feelings she could have. "And don't worry, I came to watch~" she said, this was an activity she participated in a lot, sitting atop this table watching the man's methods as intensely as anyone watched anything. "I don't feel anything from that mirror, I didn't feel anything from Kanna either..." she said but there was nothing but happiness in this woman's smile then it became confusion immediately. "Wait a second... how do you know there is chakra in that mirror?"

"Hai. Honestly, I haven't been able to think about much else recently, even with all these other distractions. It's weird. I never really saw myself being the happy parent type, but I find myself doubting my ability to keep a straight face once our little girl is back," he said while looking into the broken mirror. While on the topic of said mirror, Benihime mentioned being incapable of sensing chakra in the mirror, or Kanna herself for that matter. The woman went on to question how he knew the chakra was present in the object. "After realizing Kanna's chakra wasn't visible and comparing it to the way Hakudoshi's sort of blends into his surroundings, I figured there had to be some way to notice hers as well. I ran a few tests, and this one worked. Here. These eyes can see things your skin can't feel." While this was being said, Youko held out the mirror. He figured Benihime would go along with his suggestion and activate her Doujutsu. If she were to do such a thing, he would focus his own chakra to have it surround the mirror. One would note that there would be a strange area surrounding the mirror he held, almost like a vacuum, where his own chakra would not go. "I'm sure you realize I'm not doing this on purpose. I still have no solid proof, but... I think that's Kanna's chakra, not just empty space."

Hearing the words Youko spoke about his thoughts about parenting and the return of their young daughter gave Benihime a bit of lightness in her heart she hadn't known it was possible to feel. "I understand. I could totally see it, you as a happy parent~" she chimed, she knew this to be true because felt the same way herself. In spite of not really setting out to have children and thinking herself a bad example for most, she truly loved her son and had a great time with him. She knew deep down Youko would likely be quite the happy father of a female child, bonding with her in the same way she did with Hakudoshi. And she was enthused by the idea that the twin pairing of her children would be restored and all would be right with the world once more. Moving right along, they were soon on the topic of the mirror and Kanna's chakra which the woman had clearly stated she was incapable of feeling. It seemed that Youko had been testing this theory a bit and decided a method of sensing it which involved the Doujutsu he'd given her.

A moment after the suggestion was made, the woman was activating the special version of her Oborozuki, leaving her with large autumn orange pupil-less moons in her eyes. And with this adjustment made she shifted her gaze to the mirror. And around it as the man released his chakra she saw the color that was attributed it him and then it sort of disperse around the mirror into what would appear to be empty space. "Really? That's so strange..." she said, realizing he couldn't have been doing it on purpose she approached the mirror in the way a curious being would, and much like all other things she did, she reached out with a finger into the space between where Youko's chakra stopped and the empty space around the mirror begin. "Hmm... there is something there, it doesn't feel like anything though. It's really..." she curled a single finger away from it taking with her a ball of this empty space which seemed to have a bit of mass but didn't feel like it should be there. She rolled it around between her forefinger and thumb in doing so her own red chakra would be flaring around it, but mostly so she could keep an eye on it and not lose it while she played with it. "I'd probably lose it if I wasn't looking at it, but... it has mass, it's there."

"Could you? Well, that's refreshing. There was a time when I figured we had just screwed up and you wanted to keep it." Since Benihime had claimed a chunk of the mirror's chakra, Youko brought it back to the forge. "The interesting thing is, I don't think it would be any different with her being back in her body. Fun first round of training that'll be when I already know how to get around the first trick she's likely to use," he said while bringing metals back to the flames. "And do believe, if she shows as much interest in fighting as Haku, I'm definitely taking this one over."

"Yes, I could. Only you though, I have no idea how people parent... really," she said, pausing briefly. "Or how I manage it. To be honest, we did just kinda mess up, but... I never disliked kids... and I figured you'd be a good parent. Though for a while, I felt like I might have trapped you..." she said. The situation which made them parents was a bit problematic, but to be honest, the woman wouldn't have wanted to make children with anyone else. She'd wanted the children because she thought it felt right. As the conversation progressed the man seemed to think that the girl's chakra wasn't going to be any different inside her body, and while Benihime played with it in her fingers she could surely say the same. When he went on to say that he'd be taking the girl's training, if she showed any interest in fighting a small chuckle came from the woman. "Don't worry Youko. That is the fun of having twins. One for each parent~" she chimed. It'd been interesting since Hakudoshi had been the one to ask her about fighting. "And if she's been talking to Hakudoshi as much as I assume, she'll probably think it's some kind of fun and want to try it out for herself..." she said thinking about the monotonousness of Hakudoshi's abilities multiplied by two she sighed then. "They are gonna be such a handful..." she said but the thought wasn't at all unpleasant. No, it was a little excited, and such an excitement would remain as time passed and the woman watched her husband work on his newest project.

"I don't have a clue either, but as far as I'm concerned, you've been doing more than alright. And no; I'm quite sure I was pulled into some trap long before that happened," the man replied while continuing his work. His excitement was apparent, and now, he could only await the return of Aiko to send her off on her final necessary trial. Once that was out of the way, they would be able to properly do something about unsealing the young girl Kanna's body. Of course, there were two additional factors required, but they were easily obtained. "They'll be a couple of handfuls indeed, but isn't that the part that excites the hell out of you?" he went on to ask.

A bit of a smirk came the the redhead woman's face and she was instantly relieved. Mostly because she'd always been a bit worried about how Youko would feel about being a parent, and married in such an accidental way. When he went on to agree that their children would indeed be a handful and that it was part of what would be fun about them, she couldn't help but echo her agreement. "Yep... it is the most exciting part, I am always waiting to see what Hakudoshi will do next, and I can't wait to see what Kanna does too!~" she mentioned as she waited for the man to keep working on his project. Days would pass, and their ward would be sent off on another adventure after her return from the Fire Lily Festival.

A week after her return from the Fire Lily Festival, Aiko would return to the forge seeking her elder brother type figure. As she walked in, she seemed to be a bit disheveled given her usual appearance. Instead of her usual well-kept attire, she was walking about the collar cut cleanly from around her kimono and instead layered over her eyes. It was accompanied by her obi which was also wrapped around her eyes, leaving her kimono open and exposing the bandages she wore underneath her clothing. It was quite intense but finally enough to make her feel better about the ridiculous light and chakra visible to her now. "Onii-sama, Onee-sama, Tadaima."

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast