Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: [Sunagakure] Amakajiba

Youko heard out the young woman's explanation of the... strange situation she'd found herself in. He had dabbled in cursed seals a bit himself, after uncovering the Senjutsu abilities of his clan. He'd become a bit of an expert in Sage Arts; enough that he thought himself capable of perhaps dealing with Mariketa's issue. "I might be able to help you. There's no reason for you to go out trying to kill yourself. Let me see the seal."

"Onii-chan, you sound a bit worried. To be fair... I thought it would be best if I died, and just took him with me, but it appears it won't work out that way, I'm not even allowed to die with any dignity." The tiny hooded figure mentioned as she stared into the flames. At the mention of wanting to see the cursed seal the girl pushed back her hood and opened the front of her cloak down to her belly button. The seal itself was at the back of her neck and like most people in her family the young woman was shoe-less, though wearing a pair of half cut off leggings and a small bustier complete with weapon sheath for specialty kunai she carried. "Also, I said I can't trust me. What I really meant was, you probably shouldn't trust me either." She said those eyes of hers filled with another acquired Kekkei Genkai. "Speaking of not trusting me, is Onee-chan okay? I was a bit worried that without knowing about our Kekkei Genkai she might have become a bit... unstable."

"Well, that makes one positive thing he's doing. He at least kept you from making a stupid decision," the man chided. He then stepped forward, moving within arms reach as Mariketa opened her cloak and unveiled the cursed seal she bore. To her statement about trust, he shook his head. "Whether you think I should trust you or not, you helped me, so I'm going to do what I can to help you." In this moment, Youko continued to make use of Benihime's version of his clan's dojutsu, peering into Mariketa's emotional state while also looking over her chakra. He could see the two chakras battling each other as one grew from the cursed seal, but he could also see them seeming to consume one another on both ends. While he observed, the redhead asked about the well-being of the Kazekage. "She's fine, I guess. If nothing else, she seems stable enough." This was all he had to say prior to moving on, reaching out to touch the cursed seal with his right hand. "Ten no Juin. This one is very strong. A lot of time was spent perfecting it, I'd say," he speculated. "I... I don't think there's anything I can do right now. It's weird, but your chakras are eating each other while his is trying to overtake you. Even with yours fighting back so much, it's still growing. I might be able to help, but... not right now. All I can do is keep you from being shut out entirely if he turns your body into a vessel."

"You say that, but it isn't to keep me from doing it. It's to protect his own interests..." she said of the being who presently only existed within her. At the very least, she did feel like a vessel, but she also simply wasn't the type to allow such a thing to happen to her, if she could avoid it. To be fair, her death would have been the easy way out, she figured that if it really mattered, she'd be able to find another way. When she'd first wandered here from the desert, she'd intended to ask this man to help her die, but it was becoming rather obvious that he had no intention of helping her out in such a way. At the news that her eldest sister was apparently fine and at the very least stable a small chuckle escaped the young woman, she was immediately relieved though she was quite surprised that Youko didn't have a more fruitful answer for her.

"Stable is good. The Kutai, is dangerous. The genjutsu she was under was meant to spare her the worst of it, taking it off could have been disastrous. Feeling everyone else's emotions and intentions through their chakra, might have made her homicidal and delusional, like what happened with Talon-onii." She said thinking about it just a little more. "Well, given who she is, she'd probably be more likely to go hermit. That also happens." Mariketa offered this information as a warning to the white haired man with her, so he'd know what to look for if the Kazekage went off the deep end. As Youko went on to explain what he thought was going on, she couldn't help but smile. "Of course it is happening that way, if it wasn't, this wouldn't even be a problem. My chakra should be able to ingest anything. It's what my version of the Kekkei Genkai does. It is also why I can properly wield the Shikotsumyaku." The explanation came without any prompting. "So, if you can't really help, what can ya' do?"

"Common interest is good," he replied. The longer Youko looked at this cursed seal, the more bothersome it became to continue looking. Still, he had an idea that would at least help out, if Yuichi's seal came to the point of accomplishing what the man likely wished for. As for Mariketa's explanation of the Kekkei Genkai Benihime bore, as well as the version she herself had, Youko nodded his understanding. "I know. If the two of you are as alike as I think you are, your chakra should have converted his into your own by now. Actually, there shouldn't have been much of a wait time to it, right? That's how Beni's is." Without further ado, Youko took his hand away from the cursed seal, using it instead to form the Tiger hand seal and channel his chakra with the added ability of the Harvest Moon. In doing this, he absorbed natural energy from the surrounding area at a much higher pace than normal. His sclerae turned red, and his canine teeth grew into fangs while his nails became more akin to claws. "What I can do is... give you my own cursed seal. Unlike that of Uchiha Yuichi, my chakra won't try to consume you. It should instead boost your chakra and strengthen it against his. If I use the chakra I have from your sister, it should also hold on to enough of yours that, even if your body is taken over, you won't be swallowed whole no matter what. If you're willing to take a second seal, I'll apply it."

'That's downright adorable. How nice this man is for trying to help a worthless cause like you.'

"Ugh." the girl managed. Finding it odd that this man was so intent on saving her life in this way. Of course, she generally found him to be a very kind individual and it was probably why she enjoyed his presence so much when she was younger. As he went on to explain how Benihime's version of the Kekkei Genkai seemed to work at a much faster rate than her own, the young woman's eyes widened drastically. Confusion spread across her face as plainly as it would have a normal person. "That isn't possible, Onee-chan shouldn't be able to absorb anyone's chakra. The Kutai doesn't come with that, she should be able to touch it, but it is more likely that she won't want to, there is a certain level of likeness required for her. It's the reason that version isn't sought after, she wouldn't want to be near other people's chakra, most would burn her. Absorbing it should be like setting her on fire from the inside out."

Whatever the confusion surrounding her sister's Kekkei Genkai, there was Youko explaining what he intended to do. And even going so far as to began absorbing chakra from the air in the hopes of completing a second cursed seal to help save some of the girl for herself. Before she could answer though, a familiar voice spoke within her head. She winced at the sound as she always did, but she'd noticed something about when and why Yuichi chose to speak to her. Her own chakra would likely be putting on a crazy show at present given that such a thing generally dictated the start of a take over. "Oh? You're speaking again, does that mean you don't like this idea? 'Cause, I've noticed this only happens when I'm about to do something you don't like." she said in a gentle whisper to herself, aloud but apparently distracted by the conversation she was having with someone no one else could hear. She looked up at Youko and grinned. "You should do this while I am still me enough to agree to it, I can't say that will last for very long."

"It's certainly possible. Trust me; I'm using her power right now. I absorbed and converted the chakra of the man I just defeated." As he worked toward fully entering Sage Mode, the state he personally needed to enter for his cursed seal application, Youko heard a bit of mumbling coming from the young woman in front of him. He could only assume this was due to Yuichi's voice appearing in her mind again, which did not bode well for what he intended to do. Luckily, this was not a sign of possession. Mariketa remained herself, and agreed to the seal application, prompting Youko to nod.

"Alright then. Brace yourself," he said as he stepped even closer, leaning forward to sink his fangs into the right side of the woman's neck. In doing so, he applied a cursed seal in a shape reminiscent of three sixes with heavy curves. Actually, a close inspection would make them seem something like hollow raindrops that were a silvery-blue color.

'Oh, another biter. He must know you're a glutton for punishment, too.'

"Kuso, that doesn't make sense." Mariketa was confused about her sister's manifestation of their clan's Kekkei Genkai, if she could remember, she'd have to figure out why this was the case. At the very least though, she couldn't go home directly, it would be very bad for her to be on the small island which was home to all their clansmen and her parents. Perhaps... she'd be able to get her older sister to go there, and give her enough information to create a leading set of questions.

Before she could think too much about it though, there was the coming application of the cursed seal which belonged to Youko on the opposite side of her neck. It was quite a strange and somehow pleasant sensation, and Yuichi seemed to think something of the application method. "Shut the fuck up already." She mumbled to the voice in her head which was apparently still content to torment her. While the cursed seal settled and had a battle with the previous one, the small redhead girl winced a little and touched the spot where the new seal lay. "Onii-chan the last guy that bit me like that got run through. Just saying, you people should think of less painful methods to apply those things." Now there was the waiting to see how the original seal tried to deal with the first.

As the seal settled in, Youko's Sage Mode faded away. Such was also the case when it came to Benihime's Harvest Moon within him. By the end of this ordeal, fangs were no longer within Mariketa's skin, as there were no more fangs to pierce her flesh. Youko was then able to withdraw. "Gomen. Not much choice," he said about the seal's application method. "To apply that seal with the effects it needs, the user's chakra has to physically enter the body. Cursed seals can be made without the biting, but it's the parasitic type I needed to apply. Don't worry though; you shouldn't have to go through a false death state a second time. Not that your other seal would let that happen anyway."

The introduction of another chakra to Mariketa's body was not received well by the seal which held Yuichi's consciousness. In fact, the seal's chakra went into a virtual fit as this new seal cemented itself. 'Sou desu ka. This is the chakra of my killer and the slave Kage. They must have made up by now. Perhaps you should occupy yourself with them while my physical self is away; I know how you miss our special time together.'

There was an explanation that apparently these types of seals had to be applied in the way they were. It would have been nice to know it wasn't personal, but she happened to know this was not the case for Uchiha Yuichi, who likely would have chosen to do it that way regardless. Moving right along, "Well, I mean... it isn't like I need an apology or anything." She said though she gathered a reasonable bit of understanding from the rest of his speech. This new seal was poked at a couple more times but then she felt fine about it, since there was no immediate take over by the part of her which was Yuichi. But...

Then there was his speech. It was so creepy and within her mind with such a strange way. The small girl had returned to her seated position at the fire side and now clapped her hands over her ears, like it would help to shut out the sound. "Shut up, shut up... fucking shut up." She mumbled. She couldn't take this. The girl was rather steadfast in her own right, down right obstinate if one really thought about it, but something about the speech within her mind opened her up just a little bit, and it was enough for the part of her which was Yuichi to take over, though it did so based on the girl's own needs at the time.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast