Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: [Sunagakure] Kazekage Mansion

"Oh yeah, laugh it up. I have been thinking the same thing all day. And if you add to that the idea that I probably only have Matatabi because they exiled me in the first place, the coincidences are a bit too... intense," the redhead mentioned. She couldn't help but find all this information rather curious. She wondered what else was the problem with these two clans coming together in such a way, but she figured at least they'd eventually have their daughter back. But her hopes for that happened sooner rather than later were dashed. "Um-hm, so... what you're telling me is we can't unseal her body without five people, when we only needed three to seal it in the first place? And that one of those extra people, has to have those weird sealing marks on their faces too?" She seemed perfectly capable of processing that information but she also seemed rather perplexed by why this would take longer. "What kind of trials are we talking about here?" she asked, mostly because she knew Aiko would do it, if they asked her to, or perhaps even if they didn't. But all of these odd clan customs were becoming a bit annoying to sort through. While she waited for the answer she opened up another scroll, this one older than any other, requiring a bit of Matatabi's chakra to unseal.

"Hai. The sealing itself used to be done by two closest of kin, and one high-standing member of the clan. The unsealing, though, had to be approved and overseen by a council of three. If any other methods are attempted, the seal will become a stronger version that requires eight marked clansmen to release, and it locks out the original set." Youko originally knew of the sealing and initial releasing methods, but this stronger variant of the seal was something new to him. After leaving Natsumi's company, he had made another stop to the scrolls he'd learned the seal from, and the information he received was disturbing. There was no foreseeable way to get around the original requirement. "Aiko will first have to undergo the Trial of First Blood. She's skilled enough to bypass two others, but the trial requires the hunting of an ultimate prey. At Aiko's current level, she can't just hunt a normal beast. She'll have to go through the Blood Cult's version of the trial, facing an old enemy clan of ours who have the power to become beasts. Only then can she take the Trial of Waning Moons, and become recognized by the seal."

Benihime listened to what Youko had to say about the unsealing method. She could imagine several reasons for this to be the case. Not wanting distraught parents or siblings just unsealing their dead's bodies while they were still grieving. It could have potentially gone badly, even so, she didn't like the idea of being locked out at all, and what would have to be done to unlock it seemed to be a bit extreme. "Clan stuff is always too complicated," the redhead said. She didn't just mean Youko's she also referred to her own in such a way. Moving right along, she was soon told what would be required of Aiko in order to allow her the ability to be the second marked person with a seal. "Sounds like a couple of sets of long term missions. Overall, good for her, she seems like she should be a bit bored of competition around here anyways." She said of the young Jounin who was probably about to be sent out into the world. As far as Benihime knew, it was perfectly legitimate and possible for Aiko to accomplish these tasks, the girl had previously done far more.

After her previous bit of speech Benihime had gone quiet. Looking at the scroll so previously sealed and finding its contents to be something entirely different. This scroll wasn't about old clan rites or how to deal with the dead. Instead, it pertained directly to some sort of prophecy for a set of twins to be born. This prophecy held that a duo would be born to bring about a new world order. Establishing a society of fairness and equality which would lead to a great peace. This normally wouldn't have been anything Benihime bothered paying attention to, except the bit of speech which dealt with the signs to look for seemed to be a bit too direct. 'Look to the Fire Cat as she stares into light of the moon, and absorbs its power. Know she heralds the Divine Twins.' Benihime's eyes widened after reading this line, "Hm, so... question, and I'm not asking for any particular reason, but... does your clan mention a prophecy of a weird kid? 'Cause mine does, and it's a bit too direct. Or, ya' know, I'm tired and thinking too much, also possible."

"It will take some time even for her, but if there's anyone I believe can complete the trials, it's Aiko. She may even beat my time record," he said about the white-haired lass. Though it would be a gruesome wait, he knew Aiko's acceptance would mean it would only be a matter of time before Kanna could return. A strange topic rose while he thought of the girl's trial. It involved some sort of prophecy within Benihime's clan, which she wondered could be linked to something of the sort in his homeland. He was instantly reminded of such a prophecy. "Now that you mention it, I do remember something of the sort. The prophecy of the Moonborn mentions an abomination who brings with them the end of all things. The scrolls say very cryptic things. Three halves of three creatures born of the moon shall one day merge, and form the creator of our Celestial to raise the moon which threatens to end time itself."

"Hai hai~ That just means asking her to do it, and waiting to see it out. Not something I do well, but I suppose I will find something to do to amuse myself for a while," the redhead mentioned. As they moved along in the conversation and she asked about a prophecy child of some sort, Youko gave her a reply which seemed a bit apocalyptic at best. She could determine by this that their two clans were a bit different in how they chose to deal with the world. Even so, she couldn't help but chuckle. "Alright, your clan's predecessors had a bit too much pessimism in them," she said before reverting her gaze. "And mine are more blunt but not by much, Look to the Fire Cat as she stares into light of the moon, and absorbs its power. Know she heralds the Divine Twins. The reign of this pair, shall divide the world fairly, giving all what they deserve, bringing joy to all Lands. Umm, I am not sure what to make of this... but um... that first line is a bit much yeah?" She asked. It was truly a lot for the pair of them to take in, if the reading was anywhere near proper it meant their children were likely a part of a prophecy but which one, or would it simply be the case that it was a little bit of both.

"Well... that explains the worship of Matatabi. Your clan's prophecy children are made out to be saviors of some sort. Divine Twins is a pretty high podium, and if Matatabi had anything to do with that, I'd worship her too." In the following moments, Youko considered the possibilities of these prophecies being related. It was a possibility, by all means, but he figured such would be the case with the prophecies clashing. "Two halves of three creatures born of the moon. I don't understand that part, so it may be that we have the twins meant to stop the prophecy my clan has. I'll have to ask the sage for more information on that one day. Either way, I suppose it's time to get in touch with Aiko."

With that said, Youko closed his eyes and communed with his Tailed Beast, Gyuuki. This transported his consciousness to a mental plane surrounded by nine giant doors, as well as a tenth door which towered over the others, and contained nine locks. Once inside this space with the Eight-Tailed Beast, he looked toward the door marked "一" and had Gyuuki knock on it for him.

"Yeah, I doubt anyone there knows this is the reason though. This scroll doesn't look like it's been opened in several generations. I doubt anyone remembers this, they just keep up traditions because they don't know any other way," she said of the worship of Matatabi. She had no reason to complain about it, given that Matatabi's high standing within her clan, gave her pretty much unfettered access to anything she wanted. "That'd be cool~ After we figure it out, I'll go tell my mom. I get the feeling the look on her face would be priceless~" she said of the potential goodness of their twins. When Youko spoke next, it was of letting Aiko in on this information, given this, he seemed to close his eyes. And Benihime knowing what it was, would do the same, also finding herself standing within the mind space which housed their tailed beasts. She looked at all the doors and found herself pausing over a few of them, as Gyuki knocked on the door number one. Matatabi was curled up nearby so Benihime took a cross legged seat between her ears.

Aiko, to her credit, was actually sleeping at present. It was late night, so her physical form was in her room, propped up against her headboard with her sword over her shoulder. This was how the girl always slept but at the knock on the proverbial door, seemed to wake at least the tailed beast which occupied her mind. The door "一" would open and one would find an awake Shukaku and Aiko sleeping on top of his head. "Oh? It's you guys, fine, I wanted to go back to sleep anyways." He said seemingly disappointed. But his words would wake the young girl atop his head who seemed to reach for her weapon only to pause. "Is something wrong, Onii-sama?" she asked as she yawned. This was an odd way to wake up, but it definitely wasn't the first time she'd been woken this way.

While waiting for the One-Tails' door to open, Youko sat in a very relaxed manner atop Gyuuki's head. His left knee was raised to support his arm, while his right leg hung loose over the bridge of the beast's nose. Soon enough, Shukaku emerged from the door, speaking of returning to his slumber, but waking Aiko in the process. "Nothing's wrong; don't worry. We're on track to being able to bring Kanna back to us, but... we need something of you. I told you about the trials of our branch once, and I know I said you wouldn't have to go through them, but... we need one more person to complete the Trial of Waning Moons to release the seal on Kanna's body."

"Hai hai~" Aiko said while rubbing her eyes. She really had been asleep before this moment, but woke within seconds and was able to hear out what Youko had to say about the revival of Hakudoshi's twin. She looked a bit confused at first, she'd remembered being told about clan trials before, and also noting that it wouldn't be necessary for her to participate in them, but, in this case she apparently needed to complete one so they could bring back the lost twin of the children of the people who'd taken care of her since she was young. "Oh? I'll do it. But I thought the Trial of the Waning Moon required you to have obtained one other marking, wouldn't I have to do another one too?" She asked demonstrating her knowledge of the clan's rituals, and her ability to retain this information. Benihime sat on top of the large flame blue cat petting her head seemingly amused by this, and quite a bit relieved. She always figured Aiko would do whatever possible to help them out, still it was quite nice to have someone so dependable on their side.

"Yes. For this trial, you must first complete the Trial of First Blood. Luckily for you, you're skilled enough to do that without the two trials before it. On the unlucky side, though... you have to hunt something more than just a creature. Your target will have to be a member of the Kouga clan. Whenever you're ready to start, you're free to. Be prepared for it to take some time, though." Youko was certain he had previously mentioned the clan called Kouga, though he wondered if Aiko had memory of this. After all, it was only a brief story from eight years prior, and the Kouga clan and Oborozuki clan had been distant for some time. If she remembered this story, she would be left to her devices, lest Youko be giving a more proper explanation.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast