Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: [Sunagakure] Kazekage Mansion

Youko went on to explain after Aiko asserted herself, that she would indeed have to complete one other trial to do the one necessary. This trial was one he'd also mentioned before, as being part of the former group known as the Hunters used to do that sort of thing. This other clan the Kouga was also one mentioned before, but the story she'd heard about them was quite far-fetched. "Ah... Kouga Clan was that the one who could turn into beasts? You want me to hunt a man-beast?" she asked, somewhat confused as to why this would be necessary. It wasn't as if she had much experience doing anything like that, of course, she was also a kunoichi, so it wasn't as if she expected anything great. "Oh, and what do I actually have to do to get the marking?" she asked, clarification in all things meant she would be more than willing to go out and do what was necessary, but she wanted to make sure she covered all of the basics so she didn't have to come back before she was finished.

"Hai," he replied. "They were once known as the Red Lions. They used secret techniques to awaken the beasts within themselves, and they are all quite powerful. Their sensory abilities are on par with ours, but in different ways." With that said, Youko leaped from Gyuuki's head onto the floor. He was all but prepared to leave this telepathic zone, but there was one additional piece of information Aiko required for her trial. "Bring me its pelt. The only proof I need from you is your word, but there's more to the custom than just killing your target. Also... you have to leave Tessaiga here. Sorry, but this is one you'll have to get done with basic tools and your own ability."

"Hai," Aiko said of the extra information. Then the group was the one she'd figured she'd be looking for. It was a bit strange to her, the idea that anyone had similar sensory abilities to her own, but she supposed the world was a bigger place than the desert she'd grown up in. She knew this first hand, even so, it seemed like something of a monstrous undertaking. The last of the important information was given to Aiko and her brow rose. She couldn't remember the last time she'd done anything without the sword she'd gotten so accustomed to at her side, but she supposed it was a bit underhanded to use such a weapon for something which was supposed to be a test of personal skill. "Hm, alright then. I guess, I'll make a normal one then~ Ja." and with those words Aiko would disappear from the space, now conscious she'd be headed to the forge to create for herself a more normal weapon and gather the tools she had in mind for her outing. Benihime watched this whole thing with a smile. She never quite got the ridiculously agreeable nature of this girl, even so she was quite happy for it.

"Hai hai. Gambatte," he said to the lass during her departure. Once she was gone, he returned his consciousness to his physical self. Assuming Benihime would be doing the same, he began speaking immediately. "So... that's done. I wonder how long it will actually take her. The kill itself should be easy, but she'll have to find her own target. That might be the more difficult task."

Soon enough Youko was returning to his normal self, and Benihime had done the same and was now sitting on the edge of her desk thoughtfully pondering the question being asked of her. "I am not sure, my vote is about four months, she hasn't done extended surveillance in a while. If she has to kill one, she'd probably go out of her way to make sure she was choosing someone she wouldn't mind killing. Since it's a choice being given." she said thinking about it. As a person, she preferred to be handed targets for an extended period of time. As an assassin it was much easier to handle kills if you didn't have to get involved with people directly and didn't question the motivations behind the deaths. Hunting she imagined was quite a bit different, knowing your target at least in their basic form was probably necessary to properly be able to kill them. "Wait, how long does it normally take?" she asked, if this was a ritual, there was probably a general time span most people completed it in, that would give her a better idea given Aiko's skills.

"Four? I was going to say barely more than two," he said. His faith in the girl and her abilities among the Hunter branch of Oborozuki was incredibly high. He had no doubt she would go above and beyond during this trial, completely overwhelming the records of the old Hunters in the same way he once did, if not better. "The Hunters once began this trial on the twelfth birthday of the person taking it. By thirteen, you were expected to return with the pelt of your kill, or you've failed the trial and are dead to the clan."

"I was leaving time for potential indecision." The redhead said. When Youko went on to explain fully the kind of trial this was, and what it used to mean to the Hunter branch of the Oborozuki, Benihime's eyes widened just a tad. "That kinda pass or fail is a bit intense for a kid. Though I suppose a whole year." Benihime tried to weigh the pros and cons of such a thing in her head, at twelve she might have been able to kill an animal without too much problem, even a big one if she was armed, such a thing would have been better for her than her own clan's methods. "How long did it take you?" she then wondered, purely because he'd obviously completed the task as well.

"There isn't too much of a decision to be made. The normal go-to is the greatest challenge available. But, that's the thing about the Kouga clan... they're all nearly impossible to hunt," Youko clarified. As far as he was concerned, killing any one of the Kouga clan would be enough of an achievement to receive one's mark for the trial, but he knew Aiko better than that. True, she would not settle for any random clansman. She would surely go for something worth her journey in a bigger way. Moving on, there was the inquiry involving his own completion of this trial to address. "I did all of my trials at age seven. It took about four or five months to do all of them."

"Sou ka." Benihime supposed it made a great deal of sense to hunt an impossible group of people in order to make your point. And given the skills such a being would possess she supposed that it was as good a test of skill as any could get. Moving right along, when Youko explained when he'd completed his tasks and how long it had taken she looked at him. The redhead's entire face settled into a flat-line. "So all of that, is you." she said gesturing in the open air towards Hakudoshi and the rest of the overachievers of the world. "Overachievers. At seven? Really?" Benihime had such a problem with this, when she'd been seven some twenty years prior to this, she'd known a very different childhood. "At seven, I was in the desert fist fighting with by big brother, who is probably actually my cousin now that I think about it properly. Of course, I didn't have clan related skills at the time so that is a whole different thing, but... what the hell?"

"Seven, yes. I had exceptional mastery of my Kekkei Genkai back then, so it was pretty easy. Keep in mind, I was also raised to hunt my brother to death from the time I could walk." Youko's words were nothing but truth. Prior to even his ability to talk, he was being taught the more basic hunting methods of the Blood Cult, and these skills were only refined and added to as he grew up. "While you were fighting your brother-cousin, I was being forced to fight things that should have killed me. The Blood Cult was a merciless bunch. There was no room for weakness, but they also didn't want to have anyone becoming stronger than the superiors of the bunch, so kills were regulated."

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast