Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: [Sunagakure] Kazekage Mansion

"That sounds fair in theory, but still it's kinda ridiculous." Benihime stated aloud. Though as she thought about it, she supposed even in her own clan, the ones who were raised with specific tasks in mind were also well-trained from very early ages. "Oh, they didn't want anyone getting stronger than the old people. That seems to be a running theme in these sorts of situations," she mentioned palming the back of her head. "I suppose I get it, they do seem to try and grab the young talented ones early in these situation, that cousin I was speaking of, I haven't seen since around the time I was around thirteen for similar reasons," she said thinking of it, her cousin had been chosen to do something special which she couldn't remember at all specifically. But in thinking about this she remembered her younger siblings and thought to mention their eventual arrival in the village. "Oh, and on a sightly unrelated note, my youngest siblings will likely be stopping through here eventually. And I'm telling you this, because they are helping set up the Uzushiogakure and that place apparently has no blacksmiths, which is kind of distressing to think about."

"Doesn't it? The strong stay strong, and the weak just work to keep themselves alive. Politics are annoying," he said to share his thoughts on how these clans operated in their hierarchy. While they were on the topic of clans, Benihime shared her knowledge of an impending visit from two of her siblings. The reason she gave was that they were working toward rebuilding their village, but had no blacksmith on hand for tools and the like. When he heard this, his eyes widened. "That sounds... like hell. So, they want me to be a part of their tool restock? I'd be happy to help out however I can. Every shinobi deserves a good, balanced kunai."

Benihime nodded her appreciation of the sentiment that clan politics and politics in general were annoying. She was a victim of such things herself in a couple of different ways, so she fully understood what it was like on the shorter end of that stick. Moving right along, it seemed that Youko was also just as stunned by the knowledge that Benihime's younger siblings didn't have the tools they needed to properly start their village. "Hm, something like that. They have apparently worked out a starter deal with the Konohagakure for a bit of stuff to get them started, but there is the rest of it to think about it. Actually, I dropped them off at the front gates of there not too long ago~" she said, knowing that it would probably be a bit before she heard anything from the pair. She was also quite happy her husband was so understanding of the needs of her younger siblings. "Also, I knew you'd say something like that~" she chimed happily as she kissed the man in appreciation of his kindness.

"Sou ka," Youko said when his wife finished her explanation about her youngest siblings. He would surely find interest in helping this group out, but he was now remembering a certain item and piece of information he needed to share with Aiko. As such, immediately after the woman kissed him, he stepped away. "Ah! I may have forgotten something. One minute; I need to catch up with Aiko before she heads out." With that said, he utilized a hasty Hiraishin technique to summon himself to the forge, assuming he would find Aiko there at his arrival.

A pout would ensue when Youko stepped away after a brief kiss. It seemed he needed to share some other information with their young ward about her upcoming adventure. As such she merely crossed her arms over her chest. "Oh, well that's fine. Just disappearing all over the place," she said aloud to nothingness considering that her husband had already vanished in a flash of white light. She supposed though she wasn't actually upset it was just another thing which had been done which would eventually.

The quick teleportation of one Katsuhara Hakudoshi brought a total of four people to a room far beneath the Kazekage mansion. Hakudoshi himself was present, along with Benihime, Youko, and Aiko. A fifth body was in this room, though. At the room's center, atop a podium, was a wrapped and sealed corpse of equal size to Hakudoshi's body. This was unquestionably the boy's presumed-stillborn twin. When they all arrived before this "corpse," Youko spoke in answer to an earlier question posed by Aiko in the forge. "For now, we need you to take part in the unsealing. For that, we need one more person..." With that said, Youko swept his right hand through the air at about hip-level. In the middle of this movement, a white flashed summoned forth another male figure familiar to all. A flowing white ponytail would be the first notable thing of this individual, while the second would be the expression of shock and slight pain, as this summons had come with a hard slap on the rear. "Ah!" this man yelped after being simultaneously teleported and smacked on his bottom in the middle of a leisurely stroll.

"Okaerinasai, Hiei," Youko said with a chuckle. While rubbing his rear end, the other white-haired male turned around to view Youko. "Nii-san!? What the hell just happened? I thought I was dead, man!"

Soon enough both of the females of this family group, and now the young son and his father were all present around the podium that housed the small girl who was the youngest male's twin. A bit of anxiety plagued the Kazekage still she hadn't much to say. Apparently Aiko was simply needed to help with the unsealing, but Benihime knew they needed five people so she was waiting to see what was done about the fifth. That answer came soon enough, with a white flash and the arrival one a long since unseen male relative. "Okaeri~ Hiei-chan," was Benihime's follow up to the arrival of the male who apparently thought he was dying in the moment he was summoned. Such a moment of comedy seemed to set the redhead at ease though Aiko's eyes widened she supposed she had seen more frightening things than that, and understood completely where the white haired male was coming from.

"Ah, Hiei-nii, I don't like it either, if it makes you feel better," she said as her form of greeting. It seemed they had all they needed and all that was left was for Youko to explain what needed to be done by everyone present to open the seal on the girl's body and get her out of it.

"You're not dying, Hiei. Actually... we need your help to bring life to our daughter," Youko said to this younger sibling of his. Hiei looked around, seeing not only the other familiar faces, but the corpse seal he knew to belong to his clan. "You're undoing it? I don't know how I feel about that, but... I trust you," he replied. Youko immediately went about unraveling the wrap surrounding his new craft, and during this time, Hiei turned to the others. "Nee-chan, Ai-chan, Haku-chan. Ohayou gozaimasu!" Following his greeting of the family, Hiei stepped toward Aiko in particular, his eyes having widened upon seeing her recent developments. "Ohh, sugei! You've grown so much! Good job finishing a couple of trials! I guess you needed to if we're going to be doing this, huh..."

A few moments later, Youko unveiled the surprisingly dull tool and approached Aiko, prompting Hiei to step aside as he did so. "Aiko. Excuse my sappiness, but I can't think of anyone who deserves this more than you. You've always been there for us, and I'm pretty sure we'd all be in a hell of a bind as shinobi and a family if you weren't around. You were there when we thought we'd lost Kanna, and you helped us perform the rites on her body while we grieved. So, you deserve what's left of the moment she revealed herself to us again. You'll see this having more use than what we'll be doing with it here today, and you could even call it your own Tenseiga in a way. And... I said I'd get you a trophy sword, so why not have you wield the most amazing-looking tool I've ever crafted? This is your... Shinken Hakkyouken." Taking a knee, Youko held out the long-handled, short and dull-bladed sword ornately decorated with tassels and diamond-shaped mirrors.

After greeting the family as a whole, and expressing his willingness to help them unseal their daughter, Hiei took to examining Aiko's new marks and congratulating her on completing a couple of trials. "Hai, arigatou gozaimasu~ I did do them because Onii-sama asked me too, but it wasn't too hard," she said. The girl had intended to point out that the man should probably get on to completing a couple himself as he was well past older than her and didn't have any of his own marks. But she supposed she could save that for another time as Youko was moving up and past the other man to do something quite unexpected.

Youko went on to give a very sappy speech which he apologized for in advance. He mentioned things like the role this young woman had played throughout the lives of this family and making it clear that he'd noticed all she'd done and appreciated it beyond what even the words conveyed. The young woman's eyes widened just a bit, because, she didn't really expect all this. She didn't think this was at all about her, and it was quite normal for her to do the things she did, simply because it would help everyone else out in the long run. She didn't mind playing a supporting role in their lives and it actually gave her quite a bit to do in her life which would otherwise be missing. When the man took a knee at the end of his speech and held out a new weapon for the girl, which would simultaneously serve as her perfect trophy and the bit of him which he'd impart to her she seemed to be really happy. "Sugei!~ I... don't really know what to say, Onii-sama," she said as she reached out for the sword. It was by far the most amazing thing she'd ever seen and as she took it a single tear escaped her eye, which was something which hadn't happened in a very long time, and was a bit shocking to her. She found herself surprised by the sensation, which had once been rather common and now felt completely foreign.

"There's nothing that needs to be said," Youko replied. When he rose, he turned on his heel to face the sealed child, taking the necessary steps forward to claim his place in what would be a circle around it. "Alright... everyone gather around," he said. His placement was over the head of the body, and when Hakudoshi approached, he stood by the right foot. Hiei claimed a spot by the girl's left foot, leaving the arm-sides to the others. Once everyone was in place, Youko raised his left fist to torso-height, and cupped his right fist over it. His explanation began as the seal started to glow. "We won't have much time once the seal is broken. Aiko, your sword needs to be between Haku and Kanna when we're done here, and they should be reflected evenly on the mirrors. That should create a bridge for the passing. Now, Moon seals." At his command, both Hiei and Hakudoshi mimicked the seal he performed. If the others did the same, all present would soon view the rising and straightening of the girl's body between them.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast