Benihime heard the words of Chojiro and gave a small smirk. She looked that this older man and wondered what it was he was getting at... perhaps it was time for her to talk to her old teammate about the very solemn outlook his old-man had. The Kazekage herself was from a family where people lived too long under most circumstances so she didn't really understand this man's words, but he wasn't so old that he should be talking as if he was sickly. "Oh? Well, if they are smiling, then I'm happy, so good on you, Cho-jii. Though you could stand to lighten up a bit, it's not like you're ancient," she said as her eyes moved around the table a quick corner glance was aimed at the old man before she took a solid spoonful of ice cream and it was exactly as she remembered. The sweetness of mangoes followed up by the underlying spice of chili with the tangible cold of ice cream. A perfect trio of feelings for the redhead to enjoy, for reasons she didn't rightly realize. All the while, Chojiro seemed to brag on her family, embarrassing the Kazekage just a tad. "Ano, you and Machi keep saying stuff like that, but I've literally done nothing I wasn't already doing," she said, thinking about it she'd really just been slacking most of the time, and doing what she wanted. Though admittedly she did enjoy her family a great deal, even more so now that her young daughter was back in their lives, she couldn't say she would have been doing much different regardless, definitely not enough to simply garner the kind of praise she seemed to be getting lately.

Speaking of said young daughter, Kanna was watching the goings on, and having tasted her ice cream seemed to be enjoying it rather thoroughly. Her father spoke to her and she looked at him as she enjoyed her cone, those dark moons of hers sparking with emotion normally unseen in her apathetic face. "It's the best thing I've ever eaten..." she said this with seriousness so much so that, Aiko had to stifle a chuckle because she'd heard this statement before in a different voice.