Thread: [Sunagakure] Village Center

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "Are you really gonna count that as living together?" he asked in response. As far as Machi was concerned, anyone without prior knowledge would have no real reason to believe this group of individuals was a family, at least one connected to Benihime. "You live in the Kage's manor. You're Kage. Makes sense. They," he continued, pointing toward Youko and Aiko. "Also live in the Kage's manor. Top Jounin, both Jinchuriki. Makes sense. They..." This time, Machi pointed toward the pair of twins at the table. "... have stuff going on that I can't even fathom! I'd have all of them living right outside my office door too!"

Over the course of this interaction, Machi's breathing became too labored. He eventually had no choice but to go limp and catch his breath. "They can be upset if they want, but they also can't say I'm lying. Besides that, I didn't leave you with that council. All that junk happened some time while Ookami-ojii was in charge, so don't go throwing that my way." With that said, he sighed. Machi knew there was little he was going to be capable of doing to stop this event from the start, but he felt his words needed to be voiced either way. "Kuso... If you're going anyway, there was no point to bringing me here in the first place. Go, go! But I'm still not okay with this!"

"Yes, it is the definition of living together," Benihime said. It was obvious that she was rather suddenly enjoying herself, and it wouldn't be totally obvious why, but there was some deep seated bit of pleasure to be found in tormenting her predecessor just a bit, because of the situation he'd left her to sort through. In addition to his ability to manage to embarrass her upon his initial return. Of course, it went without saying that the Kazekage didn't generally seem like the revenge seeking type, but exceptions had to be made once in a while. Machi went on to break down what he thought of as the reasoning behind Benihime having all of these people living with her within the Kazekage's Mansion and nodded. "I'm pretty sad about that, Machi. Knowing you just kept me around because you thought I was strong and all..." she said managing to look as if she was just having this realization. She didn't go on and point out the other reason most wouldn't have questioned her children, being their general shared surname. Moving right along, it was mentioned that the rest of the Village couldn't say he was lying about the major strength of the Village all going missing at once, even so he seemed to acquiesce to the idea given it would be happening with or without his blessing.

"I can and will blame everything that happened on you... and there isn't much you could say to change my mind. Ookami-jii already took his fair share of blame and dealt with his own string of issues. I can't even be mad at him anymore, you on the other hand..." Benihime rolled her eyes, and there was something playful there full of mischief and not even remotely hidden. They were pretty much given a begrudging go ahead. "Of course there was a reason to bring you here, I'm not rude enough just to leave without telling you and have you freak out about it. Which is way nicer than you've been to me in previous situations. And you know, to leave the open offer to summon if you need me and remind you that you have that ability since you are way too forgetful for someone who was in charge of such things before," she said with a knowing smirk. "Also because it's really fun to watch you freak out~" she said feeling the happy nostalgia associated with Machi freaking out about her doing one thing or another was at least in part a reason to tell him what she was going to do, before she did it. "Welcome back properly, Ni-dai-me~" Benihime finished her sentence before having a look at her kids. Noticing that Kanna finally managed to finish her ice cream, she assumed Hakudoshi had done the same and that when he was ready they'd clear out.