Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: [Sunagakure] Village Center

Benihime heard the words of Chojiro and gave a small smirk. She looked that this older man and wondered what it was he was getting at... perhaps it was time for her to talk to her old teammate about the very solemn outlook his old-man had. The Kazekage herself was from a family where people lived too long under most circumstances so she didn't really understand this man's words, but he wasn't so old that he should be talking as if he was sickly. "Oh? Well, if they are smiling, then I'm happy, so good on you, Cho-jii. Though you could stand to lighten up a bit, it's not like you're ancient," she said as her eyes moved around the table a quick corner glance was aimed at the old man before she took a solid spoonful of ice cream and it was exactly as she remembered. The sweetness of mangoes followed up by the underlying spice of chili with the tangible cold of ice cream. A perfect trio of feelings for the redhead to enjoy, for reasons she didn't rightly realize. All the while, Chojiro seemed to brag on her family, embarrassing the Kazekage just a tad. "Ano, you and Machi keep saying stuff like that, but I've literally done nothing I wasn't already doing," she said, thinking about it she'd really just been slacking most of the time, and doing what she wanted. Though admittedly she did enjoy her family a great deal, even more so now that her young daughter was back in their lives, she couldn't say she would have been doing much different regardless, definitely not enough to simply garner the kind of praise she seemed to be getting lately.

Speaking of said young daughter, Kanna was watching the goings on, and having tasted her ice cream seemed to be enjoying it rather thoroughly. Her father spoke to her and she looked at him as she enjoyed her cone, those dark moons of hers sparking with emotion normally unseen in her apathetic face. "It's the best thing I've ever eaten..." she said this with seriousness so much so that, Aiko had to stifle a chuckle because she'd heard this statement before in a different voice.

As Benihime disputed the effects of his aging, Chojiro laughed. "I may not be that old, but my years haven't been kind. Don't you worry, though; I'll be her for a very long time to make sure kids like yours can enjoy!" With that said, the former Chuunin pounded his fist against his chest one solid time. As for the matter of Benihime's work as Kazekage, there was hardly a thing he could do besides laugh more. "What you were already doing is more than enough. Nidaime knows, and so do I. I'm sure your family understands what good you are." This was all the ice-cream maker had to say. The children had been served, and their families with them, so it was high time for Chojiro's rest. "Ja ne, Sandaime and family. I hope to see all of you again soon," he said with a bow, just prior to taking his leave toward the back.

When Kanna commented about the ice-cream, Youko's visage showed a quantity of teeth normally seen only when he showed his animal-like tendencies using Sage techniques. He even let a small chortle escape him before managing a retort. "Oi, save some bold claims like that for later. You haven't had the time to try many different foods yet. I get the feeling you're really going to like the foods from our homeland."

Benihime found herself grinning at Chojiro. He was a fun man, and though she'd given him more than a bit of hardship when she'd been younger, she found it amusing that he still managed to think so highly of her. Beyond this, his abilities with children were not to be understated, especially in how he managed to gain the respect of someone like Hakudoshi. "Hai hai. Just remember, someone like Hakudoshi will hold you to that~" she said to the old man before her, still she was comforted by him, and many of the other familiar faces that helped her through her more traumatic life experiences. Irrespective of this, it seemed the friendly chat with one of the Sungakure's former Chunin was coming to an end. He soon excused himself and Benihime waved him off between bites of ice cream. "Arigatou na, Cho-jii. Though you could just call me by name. See you later..." she managed before averting her attention to scene before her and gaining a smile of pure happiness.

Kanna looked at her father from her ice cream and took note of his visage. This slightly wilder grin was similar to one she saw plenty in the minds of her parents but that she'd never seen before she found herself studying it curiously before squinting her face up. "Hm, so I get to try other stuff too?" she seemed to be processing potential given her currently limited palette. She had no idea what these other foods could be, but if her father thought they might win her favor she had to at least give them a try. Though she was skeptical she figured it could be worthwhile. "Fine. This is winning though," she said this statement no less bold than her previous one, and just a tiny bit challenging. Such made the redhead remember what she'd been like in previous decades and it made her chuckle. Her daughter's developments in personality were intriguing and Youko as an engrossed father of a little girl was about what she expected but that made it no less joyous to watch. Even so, there was a slight pang in her chest and she couldn't really explain it, beyond that Benihime herself seemed to gain a great deal of tension in her forehead, right between her eyes. "Yare yare, this is a cuteness overload. I'm not sure my heart can take it~" she mused, to give herself something else to think about as she finished her ice cream. This sort of pain seemed strangely to not be very unfamiliar to this woman and like most things it seemed to pass with her moods.

"Of course! You're going to live a long life, so you'll get to try lots of things!" Youko said in response to the small girl. He was quite confident that she would enjoy the foods of his homeland, though possibly less than ice-cream of this quality. She was, after all, still a child. Soon enough, Youko was finishing his ice-cream and rising from the table. As what he intended to be his final movement before vacating the premises, he stepped toward Benihime with a quizzical expression. "Well, I'm basically good to go, but... are you alright? You look a little off," he stated. In the following moment, Youko's Doujutsu triggered in its New Moon state, and he scanned the redhead's body with the heightened perception this form allowed him.

"Mm!" the small girl nodded her head, and gave an affirmative. She didn't know if she would like certain things more than others, but she was obviously more than willing to give anything a try. Benihime was amused by the entire situation more so than most, even with the headache she had building between her eyes. She finished her ice cream though without much of a problem and left the empty bowl in the middle of the table within the one Aiko had so recently finished as well. Youko's next words were ones which she hadn't expected and she found herself pouting under the attention apparently afforded to her because she seemed 'off' to him in someway. "I have a tension headache right between my eyes, but it isn't as if that has never happened before... I'm fine. You worry too much," the redhead said. Her face reddened with embarrassment as she leaned over to kiss the man on mark on his forehead, she appreciated his caring mannerisms, but at her core didn't like being the center of any kind of attention. That being said, she didn't try and lie about how she felt because such things would be exceedingly pointless with two mind reading children and four bearers of doujutsu all sitting around her. Aiko noted the woman's posture and chuckled, but didn't have anything to say about it. She would have easily attributed a tension headache to the idea of returning to her homeland as she found interactions with her cousin/siblings to be a bit stressful, but such things seemed to be at least a little necessary.

Benihime claimed to be suffering a simple headache when confronted about the strange state she seemed to be in. By the time she spoke, though, Youko had already begun inspecting her. The longer he looked, the more strange he found her appearance to be. This had nothing to do with her expression, and everything to do with how her Chakra was behaving. Even so, as the woman kissed his forehead and claimed he worried too much, he sighed and dropped the topic. "If you say so." In spite of his own words, Youko saw something amiss. He would not speak on this matter at the time, as it didn't seem to be an immediate danger, but... he had concerns regarding it either way. "Say... Why don't we just make this into a little vacation for all of us? It would be nice not to split up, even though it would take a little longer. Besides, you and Hakudoshi have never been to where we're from, and Kanna has never been to your homeland. It could be fun for everyone," he claimed. He did certainly believe in this, but of course, he was also now keen on keeping his wife nearby in case the strange occurrence surrounding Benihime became a proper issue.

Whatever her husband saw about her, that caused him to worry, didn't seem to change at all over the course of their conversation. Even so, he'd chosen to let the subject drop which made the redhead of this group happy. Of course, within a few seconds of this, Youko made a suggestion which she found both strange and appealing for very different reasons. She figured he was likely just worrying about her when making this suggestion, but it would be fairer to the kids overall if they completed both sets of activities as a unit. She looked at this man briefly before deciding it wasn't necessary to argue these points. "That's fine with me, and to be fair I didn't really care how long it takes. Can we do your thing first? I am not mentally prepared to deal with my siblings yet..." she said, knowing that among other things it would likely set Youko at ease and if that was something she could do for him, she would. Besides that, she was still enjoying the novelty of both of her children being together, and didn't wish to see them separated unnecessarily. Aiko on the other hand looked amused, as it would lead to another meeting between herself and Akira whom she wished to use her sword against. "Hakudoshi, bring Machi here for a second," she said to her son, having no desire to travel back to the Village Center to speak with the Second Kazekage. She was also about to give him information which would likely make him have a fit, and something about that amused her to no end.

"Eh? Well..." Youko hesitated for a moment. Benihime may have suggested that they all visit his homeland first, but he had it in his mind to do the exact opposite, for similar reasons even. "Mendokuse. I'd have rather done your thing first just to avoid finding Kichi in another of his attempts to be more like me. I guess I lose, though," he said as his hands flew over his head in surrender.

Hakudoshi had been casually enjoying his treat all along, and had not yet finished by the current point in the adults' conversation. As such, a huff escaped him when his own name was mentioned in a way meant to grab his attention. Even worse yet, his mother was making a request of him. "... Hai," he said between bites. Suddenly thereafter, the tanned second Kazekage appeared atop the table to Hakudoshi's left, rather than the one Hakudoshi himself still ate at. The former Kage actually fell onto the table and flipped it over on his way toward the floor. He was quite obviously in shock, as he well should have been, given he appeared upside-down and first struck the table with his head. A quick roll into an upright position preceded the vocalization of his surprise. "OK, whoa, what the hell just happened to me!?"

Benihime found herself chuckling at her husband's assertion that he had wanted to avoid his own homeland for reasons similar to her own. "Yare yare, we can't both be running away from home to such extremes..." Benihime said, having accepted the surrender that they'd apparently take care of whatever things they need to do within the Land of the Moon. Thinking about it honestly, she couldn't remember the last time, she and Youko had done something together properly, kids or not. It was quite the refreshing thought. Soon enough though, her thoughts on this would be interrupted by the sudden appearance of Machi by her own request of Hakudoshi. The man properly fell into the scene with a surprise which made her chuckle as he comically fell about. Kanna looked wide eyed at the sight, having never witnessed such a thing before. "Sugoi." she managed finding some kind of amusement out of the situation. Aiko shook her head from left to right, "Onee-sama, you're mean," she mentioned of the Kazekage.

In this moment, Benihime couldn't help but have a good-natured laugh at the tanned former Kazekage's expense. "Oi, I'm not mean, and I'd call it a reflex test and say you failed. But I'd be lying, so..." Benihime took a deep breath. "I made Hakudoshi teleport you here, because I was too lazy to teleport to you... we are planning a family vacation. Taking the kids to visit relatives in the Land of Whirlpools and the Land of the Moon. Me, Youko, Aiko-chan, Kanna, and Hakudoshi~" she said offering a wide smile, mentioning the leave of all three Jinchuriki and two small children birthed between two of them. "You can do the paperwork and look after the Village for a while without us..." she mentioned without any other motives. She did speak though without knowing that Machi didn't know about the two children who belonged to her in this equation, but that couldn't possibly make much of a difference.

Among the chaos in Machi's head regarding the sudden move from his exercises, there was an explanation of what actually happened. Benihime offered this explanation, much to Machi's added confusion. Many things she said were bothersome, yet even more disturbing tidbits of information. "Wait... hang on." Several moments of pause were necessary a this time. First, Machi looked to Hakudoshi, then to Youko. Between the two, he could see similarities which marked them as relatives, and it was easy to link this up to the child's ridiculous abilities and connection to Benihime. On the other hand, there was another child of a female persuasion who looked virtually identical to the boy. "Right. Kid's yours. You have two. OK. Shit, wait... no!" Machi darted upwards to stand properly, forcing his attentions on Benihime. "TWO kids! YOUR KIDS! And you expect me to take a break from my busy schedule reorganizing the council to run the whole village while you take a vacation with the village's standing Kage, Jounin Hancho, other strongest Jounin, with two Jinchuriki among them!? This is LITERALLY the most RIDICULOUS thing I've ever heard out of your mouth!"

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast