Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Sunagakure] Village Center

Early in the morning of April 7th, after the birthday celebration of the village leaders only child, Aiko the young woman Jounin sat atop her favorite breakfast restaurant having a meal of breakfast ramen she was eating out of a large bowl. Chopsticks in hand she enjoyed the meal as she looked out over the village with her active Kekkei Genkai, keeping an eye on the goings on, as she always did. A few moments in to her meal though she noticed something strange out of the corner of her eye. A number of village members chakra signatures moving at a much faster pace than normal. But she couldn't figure out why from where she was sitting.

Out in the middle of the village a giant glass demon had risen from unknown origins. It's being towering over the buildings and it's movements causing the villagers below to panic as they tried to flee. If one took notice of the giant apparition, it looked like a tribal warrior complete with a circle behind it which looked like a framed mirror. This demon seemed not have eyes, and simply possessed empty darkness at their centers. But that wasn't all that was strange about this, if one looked, they would notice a small girl walking alongside this thing. Her eyes were also pupil-less and completely black. She had white hair, which was shoulder length and had straight cut bangs. He hair as decorated by two eeirely white flowers and her face didn't seem to contain any semblence of emotion. The strangest thing about this little girl, aside from the fact that she wasn't running away from the strange beast, would be the look of her chakra which didn't seem to give off anything at all. In her hands a mirror which she held with both hands and was as large as her upper torso. "They... should die..."

Some time after the appearance of this glass colossus, a single, three-pronged kunai flew from the direction of the Kazekage's mansion. It landed several meters away from the creature, producing a flash of white light when it touched ground. This light gave way to Youko, Jounin Hanchou and resident blacksmith of the village, who immediately picked up the tool and held it in reverse grip. His arrival was to the side of this giant opposite to the little girl, and thus, he never saw her there and assumed the beast to be what he sought. "So, you're the mirror friend? I at least expected something humanoid. Whatever. Do you speak?"

This giant mirror demon didn't speak, but of course, it also wasn't Hakudoshi's friend from the mirror. Youko wouldn't know this because he couldn't see the girl. Her small voice would come from behind it though, eerily empty. "You're... going to die." were the small girl's words as she stepped forward she pointed with one hand to the large shadow being cast by the Mirror Demon's mirror copy, she commanded it to attack without speaking and doing so, made a large blast of light like energy appear from behind it as it aimed to consume Youko where he stood, blasting him from existence. "You have to die." the small girl repeated. Strange as it was.

Aiko finished helping villagers clear the area, taking note of the large mirror based construct and Youko's presence she sighed. "Well, I guess I don't get to have any fun today." she murmured to herself.

Though he expected word or recognition of his statement, Youko did not anticipate it coming from anyone or anything other than what he initially saw. What he heard in response was a death threat from a tiny girl. He could only assume that this lass was in charge of the thing that currently threatened the village, and that she was the previously mentioned "mirror friend" of Hakudoshi. When he shifted around to look at this girl directly, his eyes widened. Her empty eyes, the garbs she wore, and more importantly, the pair of flowers worn on either side of her head... he remembered them. In fact, he was the one to carry them exactly seven years ago. "... No," he muttered.

The man was hardly afforded any time to mull over his first thought, as a sudden blast of light struck his backside. As this occurred, the quickest reaction he came up with was to throw his Hiraishin kunai toward his right, summoning himself to it once the blast was cleared. He moved roughly six meters with this advancement, but his armor immediately fell from his body, the back half of it having been destroyed by the blast. "You. It can't be you."

Benihime showed up to Aiko's side and took over her activities. "Aww, don't be like that Aiko-chan. Go help Youko, I'll do this faster than you anyways~" chimed the redhead as she took over the evacuation effort of the area. A smirk would come from the white haired teen as she nodded headed in the direction where she'd seen Youko's chakra last.

Meanwhile, Youko managed to dodge most of the intentions of the Mirror Demon. And moved on to speaking to the little girl, and having his armor blasted away as a result of his movement. He seemed to be in awe of the child, remembering her, though she'd never been seen before this time. The girl to her credit, looked at the man before her, her expression unchanging. "Why can't I be me?" the girl seemed confused, but her voice was empty and innocent. "You're open." she mentioned pointing as the memory demon shifted intending to throw a spiky glass hand directly through the exposed back of the Jounin Hancho. But, before glass could meet flesh, a white haired young woman appeared between Youko and the glass giant her sword used to stop the weapon. "Hmm, Onii-sama you should pay more attention." Stated Aiko as she swung outward with her blade. Her eyes shifting behind her as the Mirror Demon was pushed backwards by the blade she held and she saw the small girl herself. "Haku-chan's friend from the mirror is..." she didn't get to complete the thought. She also recognized this child, though she was a great deal bigger than she remembered. Before she had time to think about it the Mirror Demon was on the move again and she had to turn to face it, but doing so, made her completely lose the ability to see the small girl's chakra.

It would be then that Benihime appeared at Youko's side, summoning herself to the Hiraishin seal he was using yawning and running a hand through her hair. "Alright, evacuated the people, took the injured to hosptial, cleared out a pretty massive area... what's the deal?" she said her eyes having been closed while she yawned she opened them to look at what Youko was facing. Her eyes widened and confusion became immediate.

"Why..." was all Youko managed to say before being told he was "open" as it were. He became alert then, checking his flank only to see Aiko facing his assailant, the glass construct. All things considered, the attack likely would have been the end of him otherwise, but he couldn't bring himself to feel or express gratitude at this particular moment. It seemed Aiko had come to the same realization as him, and the same would be the case for Benihime after her arrival. Without a word shared with either of these two, Youko took three steps forward to address the child. "Why were you in the mirror?"

The small girl, seemed to be satisfied that she'd almost killed the man, but the young white haired woman behind him seemed to fend off the attack of her Mirror Demon. This would have caused a great deal of distaste in the small child. But her face didn't change at all. Youko took steps forward to ask the girl a question, one which would cause her head to tilt sightly as Aiko continued to fend off attacks of the Mirror Demon. Actually, this time it wasn't going for Youko, but instead the redhead who'd appeared in a crimson flash seemingly just as stunned at the child's presence as the other people in this area. The Mirror Demon had attempted to slam a fist into the redhead only for it to be fended off by Aiko. "Onee-sama? You too... really?" the white haired girl asked as she met the mirrored fist once more. Obviously there was a need to do something about this Mirror Demon before the shock of this moment, got both Youko and Benihime killed.

"I... was in the mirror because you didn't want me. That is where everyone goes that you don't want." Commented the small girl who seemed to be as calm about this, as she could be about everything. As Benihime stood there shocked she looked back to Aiko and shook her head from left to right. She'd heard what the small girl had to say, "Ara ara, that's a little much. Of course we wanted you." Benihime said, seeming to find the child's chakra very odd for someone who apparently was having so much issue.

Whatever connection this small lass had to the group of Sunagakure's higher-ups, she apparently thought herself unwanted, hence her presence in the mirror before Hakudoshi. This was incredibly confusing, both due to the claims of her being unwanted, and due to the mention of all things they didn't want being in this alleged mirror. As a follow-up to Benihime's retort, Youko spoke with an added clause. "She's right, Kanna. You were stillborn. But... what do you mean that's where everything we don't want goes?"

"Stillborn?" this phrase was unfamiliar to the small mirror wielding child, who was apparently named Kanna. As such, she took a second to probe Youko's mind for its meaning. Upon finding it, she said aloud. "I died." there as no confusion in her understanding now. The words of he two adults implied that she was wanted and simply died. But that place was full of other people too. "The place in the mirror is where all the other people are, who you didn't want here. Like the other white haired people with the red moons. They like me, they gave me this mirror. They said I was special." She said referencing the slaughtered Blood Moon Cult and the object she was holding that she was holding even before. But she'd seen even more people than that there... but unlike those people, she changed. It seemed as the girl calmed down a bit, the Mirror Demon stopped attacking. This was good... considering Aiko was now a bit tired from fending it off so much.

"Kanna, you're bigger now... why?" she asked the girl which made her gaze shift from her father to her mother. The answer to this was simple. "Haku made me bigger. So... I made him stronger." Benihime was kind of astounded by the simplicity of that answer, then she thought about how small her son was relative to his age, and started processing reasons this could be. Twins in her family were quite strange, two of her siblings occasionally claimed they could feel each other's pain. Was it really that far-fetched that their supposedly dead daughter was gaining physical strength from her twin, while her twin gained spiritual strength from her. "Oh, that's why he's a midget?"

"Yes... you died. It's the only way Hakudoshi could have affected you with that sword," Youko clarified, knowing the abilities and limitations of his newest creation. "The other..." His next statement came with a pause. Other people with red moons, sharing a space with an apparently dead child, could have only meant one thing. "Sou ka. They made it to the afterlife. So'unga became closer to my Tenseiga than I thought it would... it brought you back from the Pure Land. But... how do you have this form? Your body was sealed seven years ago."

In the meantime, the final query of Benihime resulted in the sudden appearance of the boy in question, Hakudoshi. He spawned to the woman's left side, looking up in her direction with an expression of wonder upon his face regarding her words. "What?"

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast