Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: [Sunagakure] Village Center

"Oh." the girl seemed to be sad. She seemed content to talk to her father about the nature of her appearance here. And he seemed to understand the other people she meant, and relayed information about the way Hakudoshi's sword worked and thus why she was able to cross out of her mirror. "Oh, that makes sense... when I came out I couldn't find it. I felt like I should have been able to go back to it." she mentioned. As for her current form she held out her hand and the mirror, and showed it showed simply a collection of glass. "I made it. When I came out of the mirror I couldn't find the real me, and I didn't want to take Haku." she explained. She'd fully intended just to exist here with her twin after killing their parents who abandoned her. "Are you sure I died? I don't know where I am, but I can feel me somewhere."

Benihime had spoken a thought aloud she hadn't meant to, and it seemed to have summoned her young son to her side. Looking down to her left, she saw the wonder on his face, and still couldn't bring herself to say anything else about it. She simply patted his head and shook her head from left to right. "Nothing, Little One. Seems like you are better at sharing than I initially thought."

It seemed that Kanna, after having her soul pulled from the Pure Land by Hakudoshi's sword, had created her own body from the mirror she emerged from. This functioned as a substitute, due to her inability to reach her true physical form, but the girl seemed to have enough sense of self that she didn't decide instead to claim her twin's body as her own. "The day you two were born, Kanna... you had no vitals. Your body was still, and there was no chakra flow. Obviously, you can read minds too. Take a look," he said, prompting the lass to view his memories of her birth.

Very near to this exchange, Hakudoshi continued staring blankly at his mother. He knew better than to believe her when she said "nothing," but still made a conscious effort not to prod her brain for information. "... Hmph," he muttered, having received no information whatsoever.

Kanna had indeed created a body for herself, following her emergence from the Pure Land. To her question about the nature of her birth, her father responded that she should have a look at it herself. So she did. She probed his mind for the moments leading up to her entering this her birth, and from his perspective she had opened her dark eyes and when this had happened, there was nothing else after a few seconds. She thought about it more, and for the first time a smile came to the emotionless girl's face. "So, you did want me. Gomen, I was upset because I thought you abandoned me, and I didn't know why Haku got to stay, and I didn't." she mentioned thinking about it. In those few seconds the girl seemed to shake off completely the influence which had come from So'unga.

Find the young boy's discomfort at her side, she smiled at him again, thinking it best to explain since he wasn't probing her mind for information. "I don't know for certain, but it seems you might be carrying the weight for both you and Kanna physically. And inversely she's probably been carrying both your chakra, since she doesn't exist here physically. If it is the case, it explains why you are a bit smaller than you should be for your age." she said feeling the need to give him an explanation since he didn't have one already. "But there is no explanation for why that would be the case..."

"Nonsense," Youko said as he stepped toward the girl, taking a knee to place his right hand atop her head. "We expected both of you long before you were born. There's no way we'd just decide we didn't want one of you two." With that said, he removed his hand and enclosed his arms around the child. "But... sumimasen. I don't know how to get you back into your real body."

Kanna watched her father take a knee in front of her. A warm hand on top of her head, seemed to mark the coming words from the man, which stated that they had wanted both of their children. She felt rather content in this moment, and when he went so far as to hug her and apologize the small girl's eyes widened just a bit. She'd never had a hug before, this display of affection was rather nice for her. He seemed to be deeply apologetic. "It's okay. The other guy with the flame hair and eye patch said, I was probably still tied to my other half that he could open the door for me... if I knew where my body was. But I couldn't read minds in there, so I don't know what that means." she said.

But something about the small girl's words triggered something in Benihime's mind. It was particularly the reference to the 'other half' which wasn't something she'd heard properly in about a decade. And beyond that, there was no real reason for the girl in front of her to know that. The fact that it was mentioned in such a way, made the redhead a bit wary, but rather easily cemented what would need to be looked into. "Hakudoshi is your other half. It's how pairs of twins are referenced in the clan I am from. As halves of a whole being. So that one person doesn't have to walk the world alone. Everyone in my family has one." the redhead asserted. She had to admit the sentiment sounded good on paper, until human error got involved.

"Flame hair and an eye patch?" was Youko's first reaction to Kanna's explanation. The physical description given for this likely dead individual fit one he knew, but there were more important things to acknowledge than this. Kanna had been given a path to the mirror, and had been revived in a way, despite being without true organic form. If he did nothing else, Youko would work to find a way to bring the girl back properly. "Sou ka. Looks like I have more reason to go home than I thought," he said while standing upright. "I need answers. It'll take a while, but we'll do what we can to get you back into your body."

"Mm!" the small girl affirmed to the idea of her parents working to make her a person again, in the same way that Hakudoshi would have done. She seemed to be just as content. This was fine except that a few seconds thereafter, the Mirror Demon cracked, rather suddenly, and when it did, Kanna did as well. "Sou ka, I did too much. I think... I have to go back for now." After saying this the small girl would teleport appearing directly in front of Hakudoshi at Benihime's left.

"Sorry, I got mad. Thanks for letting me out." she said to her twin. Looking at them from this angle they were truly the exact same size. Strangely enough though, Benihime got nothing from the small girl as far as her chakra was concerned. And while she wasn't complaining about not feeling whatever the small girl felt, she couldn't say it made any sense to her. Thinking on it though, there was a reason at least, for the redhead to go looking for her parents on the matter of her mother and now it was quite obvious.

"Hmm..." Youko took immediate notice of the crack appearing on Kanna's fabricated body. When this happened, she spoke of her return, which told Youko everything he needed to know about her situation at present. "This body won't last, then. Sou ka." This was all Youko had to say, and with it, he was all but ready to go where he needed to be for the necessary information.

Hakudoshi was approached by the girl next, with her gratitude toward him for freeing her. He thought nothing of it, but knowing their parents would be working to fully revive the lass, he raised his right fist. "Mm!" he uttered. Following this, he extended his right hand, as if he intended to shake hands with his twin. If they made contact, though, Hakudoshi would harbor the soul and chakra of the girl without his knowing.

As Kanna went and talked with Hakudoshi, Benihime watched the young boy do his single arm raising thing. But oddly enough, the girl seemed to return the gesture in a mirrored image. It was very odd to behold, but it made her smile. As a person who had a twin, she understood the importance of things such as this. The extension of Hakudoshi's had seemed to cause a bit of confusion as the girl tried to switch to meet his hand shake. "Ja ne, Haku... Happy Birthday." A smile crossed her face for the second time this day, but as their hands touched her soul and chakra seemed to find themselves within the other boy's person. As this happened both her glass body and that of the Mirror Demon she'd created disappeared, along with the mirror she'd previously been carrying.

Benihime watched this take place seemingly confused but knew what she had to do. She looked to her husband knowing he likely felt similarly and figuring that they were going to be off doing different things. "Onee-sama, that look says I should do your paperwork." Aiko mentioned as she sheathed her sword. She'd purposefully stayed out of this aside from making sure the village leaders didn't get themselves killed by their tantrum throwing seven year old.

Watching the disappearance of Kanna, Youko was only left with more questions about the nature of it, but he would soon be going to find the answers regardless. With this in mind, he brought no attention to the matter. "Mendokusai. I never thought I'd have to go back there, but I'm being given even less of a choice," he said aloud. Moving right along though, he supposed it was best that he make the journey sooner, rather than later. "I'm going to be gone for quite some time, I think."

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast