Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: [Sunagakure] Village Center

Her brother's words brought her face back to his and she scoffed. But as if to add on to his guilt trip her younger sister was giving her the biggest possible eyes with the start of tears in them. "Oh really? You two just bring this shit back, you're not six anymore." she said to both of them rolling her eyes. Her son's final words and the sparkle in his eye let her know that this was definitely something she'd be doing. "Oh fine, I'll go. But I won't like it, damnit." she said to the group of three, this was completely unnecessary as a thing for her. She looked to her brother after pushing her hair out of her face. "When is the festival? I need to let Machi and the new Council know if I am leaving for more than a couple of minutes again, lest he worry~" she said of the Second Kazekage and the newly revamped council. "Aneki~ You're the best~" the female twin said hugging her big sister. It was actually quite relieving that she'd agreed to this in the first place, she'd expected it to take much longer than a single conversation to make this happen.

"We don't have to be six for it to work," Akira said with his tongue protruding from his mouth. As for the time frame of the alleged festival, Akira first thought of how many days they had taken to get to Sunagakure, using it to find an approximation for the festival. "Uhh... it took us almost a week to get here, so about a week from now. Right?" he asked, looking toward Teruko. "Oh, and we also wanted to see your husband. He's invited too, but we were on our way here regardless for what we talked about earlier."

"Oh fucking great. This is exactly what I need in my life," she said, because she knew deep down her siblings were quite right. Such a thing would likely always work on her, because she was quite fond of all of her siblings. Akira's question to his sister, made her nod her head in agreement. "Yep, about a week, but we didn't know if we'd have to convince you to come or not. Now we get to hang out for like a week~" she chimed to her elder sister. "If that's okay with you, aneki," she said to the woman who shrugged. "Yeah, that's fine. A week is a good amount of time. I can mentally prepare for this kind of thing then," Benihime mentioned of their apparent trip to the festival.

As the conversation progressed, it seemed that they were both content to meet her husband which was fine with her, she'd take them to the forge where the man was at this point in his day. "Oh, yeah, I told him about that when I got back. He said he'd be fine helping you guys out. Knowing him he's already started on some general stuff. Come on~" she extended a hand to each of her siblings. "Hakudoshi, do you wanna come or are you going to have lunch? If you have lunch don't forget to have some milk~" she said to her son. She was unsure of his interest in accompanying them to the forge, he didn't seem to enjoy being there as much as some of the other children who'd lived in the village from time to time.

"Iie. I'm gonna go play until it's time to go." This was all Hakudoshi had to say about going with this group to the forge. Without further ado, the boy vanished via his teleportation ability. When this happened, Akira reached out to take his elder sister's left hand. He was content to go to the location her husband could be found at.

"Alright then, don't terrorize any villagers, and remember to eat," she said in passing to her son. She seemed to be just fine with the idea that he was going off to do whatever until it was time for them to leave. And Teruko found this method of parenting to be kind of strange. "You just let him go where he wants? Like no questions?" she asked of her sister, wondering what kind of logic the elder redhead had about this situation. "Well, I am more concerned about what he will do to everyone else, than I am about anyone doing anything to him. He's always been really independent and chooses whom he deals with carefully, probably because he's always been able to read minds. I am not worried about his safety within the village." she said as both her younger siblings took her hands and she grinned. "Come on then~" she said and then the trio would disappear in Benihime's signature crimson flash, headed for the forge where her husband was most likely to be found.

Many times, the child of this village's Kage had appeared within the village center via teleportation. Today was no exception as he materialized in front of a small, yet wholesome shop with a sign reading "Enjoy Ice" at its front. The only strange thing about this event was the fact that the boy came with more than a single teenage girl in his company; he'd brought the entire family along for the trip this time. The father, Youko, emerged from teleportation to properly look upon this shop for the first time. "So, this is the place. It looks pretty small to be this big a deal," he said while watching various children from around the village happily exiting the shop, carrying with them ice-creams of different flavors.

Hakudoshi's expression was as bright as it had been moments prior to the group's departure from the Kage's office. If this could be any more true, it would be, as he looked up to see exactly what he'd hoped for. The person running the shop today was Chojiro, the owner himself. This was the man the children of Sunagakure sought when coming to this shop. He was a retired Shinobi, now an elderly man with a long face, and very short purple hair atop his head. He wore an olive threadbare robe, as if he were an old samurai. A kind smile was upon his face, inviting any and all patrons to his humble shop. Of course, he took note of the Kazekage and family in front of him, and opened his arms wide. "Ohayou gozaimasu Haku-chan, Aiko-chan! Finally brought the rest of the family along for a treat? Who won this time?"

Arriving via the form of teleportation used by Hakudoshi, Kanna took a couple of steps forward but stayed near the side of her father with wide eyes. In her time in this village she hadn't come here before. "Haku likes this place best..." the small girl mentioned, having knowledge of this without much else. The happy mood her son was in caused Benihime to chuckle as she found herself rather easily landing on her feet from her previously seated position. This red haired Kazekage was barefoot and dressed in her shorts and top with the small laces in front but this would be no real surprise to any of the villagers who'd likely expected less at any given time. 'Never quite seen him this happy before. I suppose it isn't really surprising he really likes ice cream,' the Kazekage thought as they all made their way inside among the other members of the village including a large number of children.

Soon enough the family was greeted by the propriator of the shop, the old man who used to be a shinobi when Benihime was a great deal younger, a man by the name of Tokumatsu Chojiro. A smile came to Benihime's face as she took a seat by twisting a chair into the backward position with a good angle to watch the show. But she wouldn't be the first to speak, no, it would be Aiko who seemed to be a face known by this man by her frequent visits. "Ohayou, Tokumatsu-ojii, we didn't have a session today. This is apparently a family outing before we take some trips I guess... I don't really know, but breakfast ice cream~" Aiko mentioned seeming to find the whole thing amusing. "Ohayou, Cho-jii, long time no see~" mentioned the Kazekage, who'd gotten used to this man's presence before he retired, her face soon rested on the edge of the chair back with a raised brow. She was more than willing to let the others have their fill first, knowing both her daughter and son would be having what was likely a very exciting show for the pair of them.

"Hai. This place is the best," Hakudoshi spoke, chiming in after the assertion of Kanna. There were multiple reasons he favored this location; it was where he discovered the magnificence of ice-cream, and the showmanship of Chojiro was positively captivating. The latter reason was one the shop owner intended to showcase very soon, but first, there was something of great importance for him to do. Chojiro leaned over the counter, setting his gaze on Kanna. The smile he wore now was a curious one, but he took a brief pause to look toward the Kazekage. "Haihai! Always a pleasure to see you, Kazekage-sama! It's good to see you taking time with the family. Now!" he interjected, looking toward Kanna once more. "Who's this little cutie? I haven't seen you before."

Since Kanna happened to be nearest to him, Youko placed a hand upon her head once more. "This is our daughter, Kanna. She and Haku are twins, but she... escaped us for a few years," he said, managing a joking tone. "Hoh, is that so!? Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, kawaii kawaii Kanna-chan! Have you ever been to Enjoy Ice before?" This query was one Chojiro always had for children he'd not seen before. There was always a chance they had come when he wasn't present, and if that were ever the case, Chojiro wanted to make sure they always received his personal greeting. As he awaited this answer from Kanna, he continued looking her way with a warm smile upon his visage.

Benihime settled in rather easily and chose to watch the interaction between her children and this man. A gentle raise of her hand would let him know she'd heard him, though she wouldn't say anything else for a while. He'd always been one for showmanship and even she found him entertaining when she was younger. Given this fact, she was content, seeing her young daughter addressed by someone outside of the family for the first time was also very interesting. Youko had taken it upon himself to explain Kanna's presence, and Kanna to her credit gave the man an empty eyed stare. She found warmth in his visage and with her father's hand placed atop her head she felt a great deal of confidence in this moment. Besides that, Hakudoshi enjoyed this place so she felt it was likely something she'd enjoy as well. "Nice to meet you," she said looking at this man. "I've never been here before," she stated. The small girl's voice brought a smile to her mother's face. She figured it'd be a while before she began speaking normally, but her kids always exceeded her expectations. Kanna had no idea what to expect from this experience but she knew nothing bad could happen so she'd see how this played out.

Upon hearing that this girl had never been to the shop, Chojiro's smile grew wider and toothier. Hakudoshi's grin also spread; he knew what was to come. "Well then, allow me to welcome you. Here at Enjoy Ice, we only want one thing from you. Haku-chan knows what that is..." Leaving his statement hanging in the air, Chojiro jumped into the air, gliding back toward the covered cabinets behind him. A swipe of his hand allowed him to pull a string which uncovered said cabinets, revealing several large bowls of ice, milk, and various items used for flavoring. The opening of the cabinet caused the ice to flood the area behind the counter with a cold mist. "ENJOY~!" he exclaimed while shrouded in the sparkling, icy mist. He suddenly produced a wooden spoon in his left hand, and a bowl and whisk in his right hand. "We have lots of flavors, Kanna-chan! You're up first; what would you like today?"

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast