Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Sunagakure] The Lost Aqueducts

Ten fiery explosions took place, much to the delight of the Kazekage. But soon after, there was the matter of the boy's barrier which didn't crack under pressure, not that she figured it would, she'd actually intended to continue with something else after the first hit, but he soon abandoned it, leaving her to fall through and he teleported away. His claim that he had an idea seemed to have her attention so she smiled preparing to see it. "Alright then, show me." she said, always willing to see the new things her son came up with. But is startup for whatever jutsu he was planning was curious. Mostly because the first thing he did was create a clone. This clone though, was stranger than any she'd seen before.

'That doesn't make sense.' the red head thought in the knowledge that the two clones created by the young boy seemed to contain the same amount of chakra as the boy had originally. Doubling wasn't really within the realm of possibility. But before she could even properly question that, there was the technique the boy had come up with using his clone. It had required both him and the other version of himself to hold, a Rasengan so massive the small woman had to turn her head up to look at it. She then looked back down at the boy and his clone and discovered something her eyes didn't want to believe, but that her skin felt was true. 'He didn't lose any chakra. He did that... and he could just keep going.' Benihime was stunned, amazed, proud, and a little jealous. She simply couldn't express all of this at once. "That's stunning, really! I... just... need..." the woman started to speak and would disappear into a flash of crimson light, taking her, surprisingly enough, to the forge to speak with her husband about what she'd just seen.

His new form of the Rasengan seemed to be received in a very peculiar manner. It was as if the boy's mother didn't have a proper response to the sight, and in fact, she chose to leave the vicinity via Hiraishin mere moments later. Once left alone, Hakudoshi did not know what to do with himself. The Kyodai Rasengan vanished, restoring proper water flow to the area. A few moments later, Hakudoshi was sitting cross-legged in front of his clone, with the two simply staring at each other.

Several moments after her initial disappearance Benihime reappeared right between the two seated Hakudoshi, on a seal she's placed in this particular tunnel during one of her many runs through here. As she did she seemed a bit stunned, and her appearance would be slightly different. Her hair and clothes were still soaking wet, and the woman herself would be pushing wet locks out of her face. "Gomen, Little One... I was a bit shocked. Then I got distracted." she said without specifying the reason for her distraction.

The woman's reappearance was slightly startling for the young male. In fact, he momentarily forgot his intention to avoid reading her thoughts. She mentioned her surprise at the technique he'd used, and spoke of some distraction. In this moment, he heard everything else she thought at the time. "You and tou-san are still weird. You should fix it," he said while staring blankly at the Kazekage.

Benihime's appearance had apparently slightly started her young son, but she'd already apologized so she didn't mention this at all. Even if she'd wanted to, apparently he'd read her thoughts a bit knowing the cause of her distraction, and summarizing the situation in the way only an honest child could. Most adults would have been offended with a child poking around in their minds like Hakudoshi did her, but... she couldn't actually be upset with the young boy in front of her, and if he'd asked her she also would have told him the truth. His assertion that she and her husband should fix what was 'weird' between them was one she agreed with, and still didn't see the possibility of. "I know it's weird. It's also complicated, Little One. I really don't know how to fix it." she admitted. Thinking about the situation made her antsy, and thus she began pacing again. It really wasn't as cut and dry as the boy made it out to be, she felt like her husband hated her, and she wasn't sure it would be easy to change his opinion of her.

"It's not complicated," the boy replied. His clone suddenly dispersed then, and Hakudoshi stood to begin hopscotching around the redhead to pass the time. "When I don't know things, I read people's minds to find out," he continued. He figured it didn't need saying that the two adults simply had some apparent problem communicating with one another. But, true enough, when he was without knowledge on a certain topic, he simply prodded the mind of whomever he thought had the answer. In the case of his parental units, he figured the situation was the same as any he'd ever dealt with in his short lifespan. "I swear, old people are dumb sometimes. I'm bored now."

The boy's clone suddenly disappeared and he went on to explain why the situation his mother found herself in, wasn't nearly as complicated as she was making it. The red headed woman's brows furrowed at the thought, but the young boy had an advantage he didn't yet understand the true usefulness of. He could just prod someone's mind to find out what he wanted, without having to talk with him. Of course, the redhead realized she should just talk to her husband, but she felt like he hated her, and starting a conversation with someone who hates you is awkward. If she could forego the awkwardness of the whole thing, she likely would have already fixed whatever was wrong with her present situation. "Whoa, I'm not old. I'm going to need you to not make me sound like some random village elder. Those are old. I'm young..." she said, seemingly cross more at the idea of being called old, than the fact that she'd been called dumb. "Also, for reference sake, it is rather strange to be talking about my marriage with the byproduct of my marriage." she said stating her feelings on this matter. "But I guess you're right, I should just be a grown up and talk." she said, the child then mentioned he was bored and she thought about it for a bit and shrugged. "Hmm, I don't have anything right now, but I am thinking about leaving the village to do some research stuff, when I figure out where my parents ran off to. You can come with me then if you want..."

"Your age is more than four of my lives. Old," was all the boy had to say about the woman's age-related problem. As for how strange this conversation was for the woman, he simply shrugged. He didn't quite care how either of the adults felt about the matter, but he found both of their minds annoying for several months, and had long since grown tired of the oddities. His boredom, it seemed, would not be alleviated any time soon. This was fine, as he no longer wished to continue the fight they had started here. Beyond that, he was invited on a journey that would likely take him outside of the village for the first time in his life. "Hai!" he said, agreeing to accompany the woman on this adventure.

"Ouch." the woman said, serious she felt a pang in her heart. She couldn't argue the boy's logic about her age, but... she still didn't feel old. She supposed given how young he was, he would think she was old but he'd eventually be just as old. 'My son is a savage, even to me.' she thought, and though she respected his honesty, it still hurt her feelings just a tad, and she wasn't sure why. Even so, he seemed to happily agree on accompanying her outside the village. "Good, I'll take you as my guard then. Ya' know... so the elders don't freak out about me leaving the village again." she said offering the small boy a smile. She walked over to him placing a hand on his head. "Also, if I didn't say, that jutsu is awesome and I'm really proud of you." she stated affectionately.

Hakudoshi seemed pleased to have been titled a guard on this adventure with his mother, resulting in a grin on the small lad's face when a hand was placed upon his head. She also seemed to approve of the jutsu he'd created from the basic Rasengan, which was something he had wondered about in previous moments, when he had himself shut out of the woman's mind. Having reached this point of the interaction, he raised his right fist, as if having achieved some form of victory. "Mm!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast