Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Sunagakure] Oasis

[Sunagakure] Oasis

Outside of the Sunagakure, is an oasis. Such naturally occurring places exist throughout the desert but this one in particular seems to be a favorite for the training and use of the Kazekage. She seems to favor this place, beyond all others and is often found there. It has a sort of dense treeline and is worked into a cliff face with a large water fall, leading into an even more expanded pool.

One afternoon, roughly a week after arriving in the Land of Wind, one Suzukou Akira sat on a large rock at the edge of the oasis. He remained fully dressed in the attire he'd come to the village in, seeming to have no interest in entering the oasis at the moment. Indeed, he was content to sit there and stare at the waterfall, sword in his lap all the while.

Another Suzukou twin was busy standing on the water near the waterfall, hopping about as she mastered this new talent that she was recently taught by her elder sister. She watched as her brother seemed content just to stare at the waterfall and scoff. "Aki, the water won't kill you~" she said to him, as she moved about. Benihime herself soon rose from the water pushing long red locks out of her face. She was presently dressed, which would likely be surprising to most, in a bikini top and a small pair of shorts. "Ah got the hang of that then." she said of her younger sister who seemed to not be having much problem with the water balancing, as she expected.

As this interaction took place though, another soon made her way to the oasis. This young woman was dressed in white with two swords in her obi. One of which was a standard katana recently picked up from the forge, the other of which was a wakazashi sized shirasaya which she'd had since she'd gone on her trip. Beyond all this, she had a small tuft of fur attached to her collar at the neck, and her appearance was one of which would be recognized by Benihime. "Aiko-chan~ Okaeri~" she said greeting the girl, who simply smiled and waved. "Onee-sama, tadaima~ You have on clothes?!" she stated seemingly surprised, but soon enough the girl's gaze shifted to the boy on the rocks and she chose to approach him instead of the Kazekage. "Hello, you must be Akira-kun, I'm Aiko." she said offering the boy a bow.

"Mendokuse. I'm not feeling the water walking today," Akira replied to the girl who shared his face. "I did enough of that yesterday. I'm good to sit this one out, right?" he asked, directing this question to the Kazekage. It seemed, though, that the woman's attention had been pulled by another individual, who looked much like the Kazekage's husband and child, and even seemed to be around the same age as Akira and his twin. The girl approached Akira for some reason, even knowing his name ahead of time. When he was addressed in such a way, he seemed quite surprised to be known. "Oh... y-yeah, that's me. Yoroshiku na."

"I never told her to do it in the first place~" the Kazekage mentioned as Teruko pouted, "Oi, I just like doing it okay?" she said seeming to find it odd that anyone would like the ability to walk on water or climb up vertical surfaces. It was by far one of the most interesting things she'd learned in the Kazekage's presence.

Moving right along, the girl who'd arrived to find the young man here, seemed to think his introduction was a bit odd. Though not as much as the Kazekage's present state of dress. "Yes, I am wearing clothes. Apparently my nudity is just generally unappreciated now~" she said rolling her eyes just a tad. Of course, the girl present had been part of the Kazekage's household for quite a while, she'd already put together why she'd arrived and as such waved over Teruko, "Something interesting is about to happen..." she whispered. As Aiko returned her attention to the young man. "Hm, you use a sword too right? You wanna have a match?" she asked, it was very straight forward, and exceedingly respectful, Aiko was always running low on training partners of any real skill, so it'd be fun for her to see what his skills were.

"Oro?" was Akira's immediate retort. Suddenly, it made sense that she had come to him knowing his name. It was blatantly obvious that this girl, Aiko, had some ability with swords. The fact that she wished to have a match with him was more evidence to this idea, and Akira couldn't say he minded at all. "Uh... sure. I could go for a spar," he said as he rose from the rock he perched upon. Once he was standing, Akira slipped his sheath into the left side of his obi. "Any rules?"

Akira seemed a bit surprised that Aiko had come to him, she supposed it was a strange way to meet someone, but as a person who specialized in sword usage, she had the feeling that he wouldn't actually turn down a simple match. And with Akira's answer a grin spread across the girl's face, he'd not disappointed in the least. She moved then hopping back, to the question of if this spar had any rules she shrugged. "Not really... I can handle most things so feel free," the girl mentioned rather modestly, upon applying a bit more thought she said one more thing. "Though, Onee-sama wouldn't like it if we killed or maimed each other so... that should be avoided, yeah?" she said the latter as if it was a question aimed towards the Kazekage, the elder redhead person in the vicinity had already moved to the side with her youngest sister and was more than prepared to watch what took place here. "Yeah, I don't want to do the paper work which would rise from the two of you killing each other," she said, seeming to think that task would be daunting. Though this was mostly a joke, one which Aiko was rather familiar with and caused her to chuckle. "Hai, so that, but whenever you're ready~" Aiko said as she sized the young man up, her right hand hovering over the hilt of the katana she'd so recently acquired.

"Alright; sounds like a plan," he replied. Benihime's agreement to the white-haired girl's words was a bit disturbing to the young male, and even caused him to divert his attention from Aiko momentarily. "Paperwork? I die, and that's what you worry about!?" With that said, he brought his right hand to the hilt of his katana, shifting his eyes toward Aiko once more. "Onegaishimasu," he said as his charge began. A single step sent him rocketing toward Aiko. In the midst of this dash, he drew his sword, aiming to horizontally slash outward at Aiko's midsection while doing so.

"Ara ara, you kids gotta lighten up, it was a joke~" Benihime mentioned, taking note that even her younger sister and pulled away to look at her like she'd grown another head.

After that speech, Benihime was quiet, content to watch the match up between her youngest brother and one of her top Jounin, if for no other reason, to help contribute to her mental ranking her little brother. As this happened, Aiko heard the call that the young man before her intended to start properly, and as such she was prepared, though she still didn't immediately draw a weapon. His speed was quite surprising, 'One step?' she mentally questioned. As the Akira's weapon was drawn when he closed in and aimed a horizontal slash at the young woman her own katana was drawn in a single deft motion and held in her left hand upside down to meet the horizontal slash. "Sugoi, you're fast and strong," she mentioned, in the same breath she used her right hand to draw the shirasaya and flip it around in her hand before aiming a single stabbing strike towards the young man's midsection given their current proximity.

The feeling and sound of his sword clashing against another was unmistakable to Akira, but it let him have an early idea of his opponent's skill. For her to unsheathe her own weapon to parry his put her ability on par with his, at the very least. "So are you. Trained?" he asked. With Aiko's secondary weapon being drawn, Akira was quick to leap away, returning to his original position atop the rock he once sat upon. He would not remain at this distance, but would instead dash forward once more, applying a clockwise spin to his movement while repeating the former horizontal slash. This time, however, he chose the moment that his left side was away from Aiko to pull the sheath from his obi. Whether his initial slash with the katana was dodged or parried, he knew he was at a disadvantage when it came to number of weapons held, so his sheath was prepared to perform a follow-up slash slightly higher than the sword.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast