Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Sunagakure] Oasis

"Most of my life, you?" was Aiko's response to the question of if she was trained in sword use. In all actuality she'd decided very early what she wanted to do with her life, and in so doing had shown a bit of favoritism towards long bladed weapons even when she was very small. The boy before her showed more skill than she'd say she'd seen any anyone not Youko in quite a while, but she couldn't be sure at this point if he'd had any formal training or if he'd simply learned instinctively as some tended to do. But that was for another time, her follow up attack was dodged with further speedy movements which made her smile just a bit. She could at least say his speed was on par with what she'd expect of a fellow shinobi. His skills were also very good, and his instincts would be showcased soon enough.

After leaping from the rock he'd started on, Akira would charge towards Aiko adding rotational force to his coming blade. Such a thing would rather simply be parried by Aiko with the same downward grip of her sword in her left hand, but as he spun the follow up strike with his sheathe was still left, with the sheathe itself being used outside of the girl's normal line of vision. This effort would be met by the girl pulling her first blade up a higher as she switched her hold one her weapons. She'd release both of them in a single moment so she could switch hands, so that she could continue to draw her katana up with her right hand, while dropping the shorter of her weapons into her left. In doing so she'd deflect the secondary strike in a manner which would make it seem as if the action wasn't planned at all. And it wasn't. "I did that too once," she said thinking back on her Chunin Exam battle with Youko, when she'd first learned the disadvantage of taking on a person who could skillfully wield multiple swords while she wielded one. "Onii-sama was right, you're a bit like me~" she said, finding it interesting that he'd chose a similar method of dealing with an opponent who had multiple weapons. With this in mind she went on to perform another jab with the short shirasaya in her left hand towards the young man's right shoulder, while she twirled the katana in her right hand into a more comfortable position.

"Lucky," he said when Aiko stated that she'd been training for most of her life. When asked the same question, he reacted the only way he could. "Tou-san had a sword, so I picked one up a few years back. Kinda had to teach myself." Neither of his strikes were fated to land properly in this secondary attack, though apparently, this was similar to something Aiko herself had done in the past. "Really? I thought I just made it up," he said as his blade ground against the blade of Aiko's katana, on its way toward parrying the wakizashi aimed at his right shoulder. When recovering from this, Akira pushed the tip of his blade down into the ground behind him, using the weapon thereafter to support himself as the lower half of his body rose. Bringing himself up until his body was parallel to the ground, Akira aimed to kick at Aiko's torso to repel her away from himself.

Aiko's eyes widened at the news that this young man had only been carrying his blade a few years. Youko's descriptor of the boy being a bit unrefined made much sense now, he was basically new at the practice even so, he'd taught himself more than the basics and had the ability to fight with more than just bare basics slashing at a very early point in his development. "Sugoi, you're still pretty early then. It's for the best that you don't have that sort of training. You don't need it," the girl mentioned. She'd continue speaking but only after the shift in the short blade to block the foot coming towards her person, which she stopped pushing towards the young man's shoulder as it was met by his blade. She used the flat side of the blade to absorb some of the shock as she was pushed back from the power of the kick. Aiko's trajectory took her over the water, but she wasn't at all bothered by this, after all she was a shinobi and water walking is a very early skills for chakra control as such she came to a stop with a spray of water in her wake.

"Yes, I did that move too~ Against Onii-sama while I was taking the Chuunin Exam about nine years ago. But you also made it up, it was likely just a reaction to facing someone with an advantage you don't have, it's why I did it, thinking back on it." she said but there was more to it than that. "But it isn't an active thought at the time, yeah? You just move because it feels right?" she asked as she tucked away the shorter of the blades she was using and took to a two handed grip on the katana. Such a thing was a show, of something a bit different, as she ran towards the crimson haired young man for the first time. When she did she held her sword low and behind her dragging the water along with her sword creating a spray which would follow the movements of her blade. When she reached the right distance she'd turn just a bit, bringing up a spray of water in front of her as if she intended to cut the young man from his left hip to his right shoulder, but the movement was a shallow feint as she'd just as quickly switch instead to a downward strike following the inverse path and cutting through the water already in the air. This one wouldn't be shallow and aimed instead to cut the boy across his chest.

Though Akira's kick did not connect with its intended target, it did succeed in creating distance between himself and Aiko. With his momentum still in place, he used his sheath as support while pulling his sword from the ground and righting himself. "Sounds about right. Not much time for thinking in the middle of a battle. I can't always make the space," he said. Coincidentally, he would immediately be put into another situation without time to think, though the execution of Aiko's attack forced him into wondering. He readied himself, only to be driven into taking a step back when the water veil was raised. He then realized this was never meant to be an attack which struck him. By then, it was too late. By the ime Akira came to the realization that this slash was false, Aiko's blade was already being brought back down through the veil. His reflexes afforded him another step back, but not soon enough. Blood soon trickled down his torso. He had taken the first strike on this day, but there was no time to be worried about that. Aiko had brought herself within striking distance again, prompting Akira to immediately return to the offensive by performing a series of wild, thrusting motions with the katana in his right hand. As he did this, he stepped forward again and again, aiming to eventually connect through any combination of dodges or parries that allowed him continuation.

Aiko found her combination feint attack working. It was very different but it'd been quite a while since she'd properly fought without the use of Tessaiga. Given this, it was much easier to try new things with a combination of blades which could be used to much better effect. But this was an aside, she knew her blade had made contact with flesh, given the way it felt. She smirked because it'd usually didn't take so long for an attack to make contact. This was beginning to feel a bit like a legitimate fight, and as such she was beginning to get excited by it. 'Sugei, this is actually fun!~' the girl thought as her eyes widened.

It seemed her opponent wasn't the type to let a single injury detour him. In fact, he was now seen wildly thrusting his blade towards the girl, forcing her to take steps back as she dodged and parried strikes as they came towards her. Though even she was having a hard time predicting the movements of the blades. As she moved backwards she'd find herself over the water once more, and she'd soon spin her blade instead of moving. Allowing the blade a single moment to come into her space, it'd seem to pierce her skin at her shoulder, but the feeling of it wouldn't quite be right. It'd be like hitting a piece of armor and it in fact was, but not of the conventional sort. In the moment this happened her spinning blade would be coming around to push down the blade which had made contact with her shoulder. As it'd go down towards her foot, she'd pull up on the blade, aiming to slash diagonally across the young man's body or just create a bit of space between them, depending on what the young man decided to do. "Not many people would keep moving after taking a hit like that~ You definitely don't need any training, just a challenging sparring partner." Aiko asserted. She could said this with some surety because she was much the same way, much of her own style was based solely on having a talented swordsmen as her regular partner for these endeavors.

After numerous thrusts, Akira's katana finally connected with something other than Aiko's blade, though it was not the flesh he sought. Whatever this was, it was something entirely new to the lad. 'What is that?' he asked himself. No matter the case, Aiko then abandoned her dodging, and refocused her parries to knock down his sword. It was then that Akira chose to release his hold on the weapon, only to step back again and avoid the following slash. He did not simply aim to evade in this situation. Instead, with his own sheath still in hand, his intention became moving it forward to slip it over Aiko's katana during her slashing motion. If he succeeded in this, he would aim to use the recovery time to pick up his own weapon and step forward, all while aiming to bring his blade within an inch of Aiko's throat from her fore.

Aiko soon found a very interesting end to this particular situation. Her slash was captured, not by the boy directly but instead by the sheathe of his weapon, after he chose to let go of his sword in order to cap her weapon. His follow up would involve him drawing his weapon from the ground and having it at the girl's throat. Such a thing was rather different for her, and she soon found herself with a blade stopped a mere inch from her throat. "You sheathed my weapon, that's pretty good." she said, but while this was happening and before it slid all the way home, she'd drawn her secondary weapon and also held it a mere inch away from the boy's throat their finishing motions would seem like a stalemate from this. "Hmm, normally I break swords to end matches, but this way is good too. Arigatou gozaimasu, Akira-kun." Aiko took a step backwards and sheathed her secondary weapon before flipping her katana around in her hand. In so doing she removed Akira's sheath and held it out for him while aiming to sheathe her own blade as well. She was in awe of this show of skill, and it gave her hope that she'd have a bit more variation in her practice partners for a while.

Akira was led to believe that he'd brought an end to this battle, but just when he thought to relax, he noticed there was a blade at his neck as well. A sigh followed this realization, but all was well. "Chikushou~ I thought I had that one. Next time," he said while claiming his sheath and placing his sword within it. "Arigatou gozaimasu." Akira's thanks came with a bow toward his opponent, and when he rose from said bow, a smile was upon his face. "I had fun. That was a way better use of my time than running around on water."

"Hai, next time... you're free to try~" the girl added. She was always a tiny bit cheeky when it came to sword play, but such was to be expected from a girl who maintained such a high level of play. Still she bowed and was utterly respectful, but such was simply second nature to this young woman. "I also had fun," about the fact that it was a better use of his time than running on the water she could do nothing but shrug. "Eh, shinobi basic skills will make most things easier though, and one can't have too many good skills," she mentioned.

"Um-hm, listen to Aiko-chan~ She's one of my top Jounin and has been for years." said Benihime as she stood, after taking in the full battle between the pair. She stretched was she began to walk towards the white haired lass pausing at the half way mark until she felt the tingle which signaled the release of the tightness in her person. "Aki-chan~ You did a nice job, I didn't expect you to maintain such a high level of combat~" she said to the young man complimenting his skills. She wasn't much for sword use herself, especially since she'd broken her last one, but she could see the boy's natural talent for it, while he faced off against Aiko. Teruko had watched the whole of this match, and though it wasn't a martial arts exhibition, she was still rather pumped from the experience. "Aki! I didn't know you could do that... sugoi!~" she commented before turning to Aiko. "Nice to meet ya', and thanks for taking care of my brother." Aiko just smiled and nodded. "Hai hai, I should be thanking you, sorry for the interruption," the white haired lass mentioned.

"I'll try and succeed. You'll see," Akira replied with a grin to meet Aiko's cheeky commentary. With this interaction coming to its end, he turned toward his female siblings. He walked toward the pair with a bit of added pep in his step, only to stumble upon hearing Teruko's statement. "Oi, what do you mean you didn't know!? You've seen me fight a hundred times!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast