Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uzushiogakure

Uzushiogakure

A village once proud and standing was nearly wiped off the map by a large tidal wave about three decades ago. Now, it seems to have a few developments cropping up, and survivors from branches of the Uzumaki Clan coming home to help with the efforts. It is being rebuilt presently under the efforts of all people present there.

With his apparent dislike of the idea involving travel via boat to the Land of Whirlpools, the young boy by the name of Katsuhara Hakudoshi brought his mother, Benihime, to the outskirts of Uzushiogakure via his mysterious teleportation method. When they appeared here, his cheeks remained puffy, as they had been prior to this maneuver. "I'm better than boats," he murmured while taking the first step forward.

Benihime found herself soon enough, standing on an island she'd only been to once before in her life. She looked around, then hearing her son's words she couldn't help but look stunned. "Ara ara, you can go this far?!" she seemed utterly surprised. Though she couldn't deny that she was quite pleased with not having to take a boat. A grin would soon cross her face though as she just shrugged off her own question and followed behind the small lad after he took his first step. "Definitely way better than a boat~" she chimed rubbing the hair on his head.

She couldn't help but notice there was quite a bit of change to the island since the last time she'd seen it. Building were going up all over the place and aside from the complete wreckage at the very opening of the island it seemed to be trying to build itself back into a more bustling village. "Oh... they're rebuilding it." she said. It was very odd, but something about this was comforting. Further in a red haired woman with a deep tan was sitting at a table in the back garden of a rather large, half finished estate. She was here, waiting for tea, and reviewing plans for several other buildings in the area with a group of other redhead people moving around her. The walls of this garden decorated by the symbols of the village and the island itself, the symbol of the clan she was part of. She was attired in red with gold trim and seemed to have a smirk on her face as she busied herself with the work going on here.

"Hai hai," Hakudoshi said nonchalantly while skipping onward. It seemed Benihime was content to trail behind him for whatever reason, but he didn't much care. In only a minute or so, he set foot in the garden which housed the older redhead they sought here, and stopped in his tracks to point at her. "There!"

Benihime was content to trail behind her son, mostly because she realized that he would likely just lead her where she wanted to go, even if she didn't ask him directly. And soon enough her thought pattern was rewarded with a vision of a woman she hadn't seen in about two decades. There was a rather sudden amount of distaste in the Kazekage. Still her son pointing and speaking, had brought up the attention of the woman in the courtyard. "Hime-chan?!" the woman suddenly seemed excited and rather relieved to see her eldest daughter. Then immediately after she seemed confused about the presence of the white haired child, with the Sand Village Headband around his waist. "Why do are you being accompanied by a child ninja and more importantly where's your other half?" the older woman asked.

Benihime instead of answering any of those questions approached the woman and sat across from her but not without spinning her chair around so she could be comfortable. "Oh? Hi, Tsubaki, haven't seen ya' in a decade or more, definitely the first set of questions you should ask." the woman said seemingly cross. Which only caused her mother to look at her strangely. The voice of her daughter saying her name with so much contempt was nothing new to her, still it seemed to irk the woman. "I'm your mother you shouldn't call me that." she said seeming to ignore the rest of what was said. "And I'm your daughter, and I've told you repeatedly, I don't like when you call me that." the two women sat across from each other, locked in a bit of a stare. "Fine, have it your way, Benihime." she said crossing her arms over her chest. Having won her argument Benihime leaned against the front of her chair and sighed. "Hai, Okaa-san." the woman said. There was still the matter of the woman's questions, which the small redhead would answer in order. "I am being accompanied by this child ninja, because I am not allowed to leave the Village without a Jounin Level guard. Katsuhara Hakudoshi is his name." she mentioned which lead to the woman looking at the small child and thinking that it was a bit odd to see a white haired child in the sea of red which was this place, but there were worse things than being required to have a guard. Whatever her daughter had gotten into, she was only lead to wonder why she even needed a guard in the first place. "My other half, is dead. Sumimasen. I had to kill him... he went crazy and killed Otou-sama, among other things. Which...probably makes that news worse. Sorry." Her mother then managed to look both confused and shocked, while feeling both of those things in earnest and Benihime could tell.

Upon reaching the woman they sought, Hakudoshi began skipping around the immediate area. He seemed displeased by being referred to as a child by this woman, but he would not speak on the matter. He had taken it upon himself to perform a task; one not previously discussed by himself and Benihime, but one he thought suited his new job description as a shinobi of Sunagakure. The lad seemed to be mindlessly playing around during the opening phases of his mother and grandmother's conversation, but one particular moment in which Benihime's father was brought into question, made him speak upon prodding the mind of this "Tsubaki" woman. "He's not dead. He's helping move pillars on the outskirts."

The young boy appeared to be playing, but Benihime had a feeling he wouldn't be doing just that. She wondered what he would do with his specialization and title and it appeared that he knew exactly what to do, even without having it be discussed. This truly was a good test run for his skills, and as such when he mentioned that her father wasn't dead and was instead, moving pillars on the outskirts she smiled, feeling a little relieved. "Sou ka, must have been his other half then." she said of the man she'd thought had been killed by her brother. Regardless, the death of her brother was one which seemed to affect her mother a bit more. "Wait, how did he know that?" she asked of the small boy who seemed to rather suddenly spout information about her husband. This made Benihime smile, and so, she praised the boy while explaining, in a very smug way. "It's his job to know, he's doing his job." The woman said, which made her mother scoff. The only idea she could come up with, was a child with sensory abilities strong enough to cover the whole of the island and that was simply too outrageous to be true.

Even so, she'd accept a bit of insolence from her daughter, the death of one's twin wasn't an easy thing to deal with. She couldn't imagine how the girl must have felt to actually have to kill her own twin. "Sou ka, I didn't know what happened to Talon. He'd come looking for us and demanded to be released. We did so against our better judgement, assuming that he'd be alright alone in the desert with you. To lose your other half is hard, I'm sorry." her mother mentioned. And such a thing felt a bit better. It was still mostly sincere, but Benihime knew she was specifically not mentioning the genjutsu they'd all been put under, in fact, her mind spoke of genjutsu applied to each of her children to fix their supposed personality defects as they tried to help them be mated to different kinds of people. In search of the perfect pair of beings.

"It's fine, I've had plenty of time to get over it. So, what aren't you telling me?" the girl questioned her mother with a most impassive look on her face, and the older redhead to her credit didn't flinch. "I don't know what you do now, but speaking to me like that won't work. You're still a child, even with the loss of your other half, telling you anything isn't necessary." her mother said, this made a wide grin come across Benihime's face. "I knew you'd say something like that... your attitude is still shitty, Tsubaki. This is why I didn't bother trying to come home, after you guys threw me out." This seemed to poke the older redhead the wrong way. "You killed my other half. Even in self-defense that is an automatic exile." Benihime looked at her mother and sighed. "That logic is still flawed, even after all this time. But that isn't really the point. I'm going to need you to give me information, and I don't really have the patience or time to argue with you about it." Benihime said, she didn't know why she bothered trying to discuss things civilly with her mother. "I don't even want to deal with this, I'll just talk to Otou-sama." As she spoke tea was being served for two, and was rather obvious the person coming outside with the tray didn't expect to find Benihime opposite her mother.

Even while he was the topic of discussion for a moment, the boy remained silent and continued toying around in this land so new to him. Of course, this never stopped him from looking directly into the mind of the woman with necessary information. Each time Benihime questioned her mother, Hakudoshi learned something new. He'd even gathered information about other siblings, whole or half, of the woman he called mother. "Baa-chan, keeping information isn't necessary either," he said ever so casually as he passed the woman by. He would then go on to remove the necessity of Benihime speaking to her father instead, by telling her what wasn't being told by the older woman. "Talon wanted them to undo the Genjutsu they used on him. All of you had one. He knew about his."

"Baa-chan?!" the woman seemed more distressed by the fact that she'd been addressed as an old woman, and less at the fact that this boy was still spouting information as if he knew it first hand. Benihime, to her credit immediately covered her mouth and the grin which formed there at the woman's reaction to being called an old woman, in less than friendly terms. "Hakudoshi, that was a bit rude." she mentioned to the young boy. "Well, I never... how..." she started to speak. Her mother prepared to argue this point and Benihime just held up her hand. "He thinks I am old, you're probably considered ancient by his standards. Just let it go." the woman still couldn't believe it. And when Hakudoshi went on to explain that the woman was leaving out the bit about the genjutsu on Talon, she couldn't help but look to the little boy stunned. "This child can read minds?!" she was beyond herself, as she came to this realization. "Yes." This was all Benihime said, instead of speaking more to the woman before her she turned to her son to confirm on own suspicions. "So, am I right to assume, Talon's genjutsu functioned the same way mine did, and was meant to stop him from feeling everyone else's chakra?" she said. "And that she assumes he went crazy as a direct result of not being able to deal with that." the older redhead was sitting across from Benihime thorougly upset that she was presently being excluded from the conversation. If Hakudoshi peered into this woman's mind, he would find the correctness of his mother's assertions. "You can't just exclude me, I am sitting right here!" the woman stated as if she'd never been unacknowledged before.

"She's rude," was Hakudoshi's simple, yet direct retort about the alleged rudeness of his statement. He normally would have taken his mother's words into consideration, but he was just mature enough to have his own hard opinion on this matter, specifically. He didn't quite appreciate the demeanor of the woman whose mind he'd been reading for the past few minutes, so there would obviously be no remorse from the lad this day. Benihime went on to question him for confirmation on her mother's thoughts, and when she did, he stopped his skipping to stare at the older woman. "Hai."

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast