Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Uzushiogakure

"I can't argue against that statement. But, you should aim to be better than people. Especially people like her, both in power and attitude." She offered the life advice to her son, without further pointing out any issue she had with his speech to her mother. Benitsubaki, to her credit found something in this speech to be a bit familiar, not so much in words as in attitude. It felt like something she might have said herself to any of her children. As far as Benihime was concerned, her son was quite right, her mother was exceedingly rude, and to the redhead's knowledge, had simply always been this way. Beyond this point, it seemed that the woman didn't like to be excluded, and found the young boy's prying into her mind to be far too much. To her protest, Benihime turned back to her after receiving confirmation on her own assumptions. "I can, and will exclude you. So long as you are intent on not answering my questions. I didn't come here intending to be rude, but I won't allow you to act any way you please. So, if you wish to keep being impudent by all means, I'll find out what I need to know and leave without your help."

The woman looked at her eldest daughter and seethed. It was completely unheard of for such insolence to take place before her. She figured they'd simply been too lenient with their children, raising them out in the desert had made them wild, uncivilized, and downright disrespectful. This one wasn't even capable of using jutsu but felt the need to act high and mighty before her. She had no right to speak to her like this. Their clan was merit based, and her daughter had no merit. "You have no right to speak to me like that. You bring in an outsider to usurp the rules. And have the nerve to speak to me however you wish. I won't tolerate it, I don't know how you managed to kill Kou, but the same won't happen to me. If you really wish to challenge me in such a way, do it like an adult if you even can." her mother spoke these words standing up and emitting something dangerously close to murderous intent, but it lacked the edge of what it felt from people who were truly killers. A smirk came to the younger redhead's face as she spoke a single sentence that only addressed a very small part of the other woman's statement. "Hakudoshi isn't an outsider, any more than I am."

"... Sou ka," was his only response. He didn't seem to be alright with treating this woman any better still, but he would at least be making an attempt by the wishes of his mother. Still, he didn't think Benihime's attitude to be any better than his own. Perhaps there was something he was missing. Moving along, Hakudoshi no longer felt the need to skip around. His brow furrowed when he was addressed as an outsider, and did so more when Benitsubaki claimed herself unkillable. His response, however, would be delayed until Benihime addressed his presence as one not to be considered an "outsider" in these lands. "Ba-... Obaa-chan. I'm stronger than you. Make me an adult!"

Her son, seemed to be thinking a lot about what she'd said previously. So while her mother threw a tantrum about the respect being given that she didn't earn. Benihime allowed her chin to rest on the front of the chair she was posted up in. "What!?" there was a mixture of confusion and curiosity in this woman. She was stunned by the fact that Hakudoshi hadn't addressed her rudely again, after being somewhat told off by his mother, but beyond this, the boy demanded to be an adult here, which didn't make sense. "My son wants to be made an adult. He's strong enough to be considered a Jounin, you might as well let him show you." Said the redhead. "I'll do it with him, doesn't really matter to me." Her mother looked a bit stunned for a second, trying to put together the pieces to a puzzle sitting right in front of her. "Your... son?" she said of the boy. The woman's eyes fluttered and she almost fainted on the spot. Surprisingly enough, Benihime herself rose from her chair, moving forward and catching the woman with more speed than the older redhead could have known she was capable of. "How... why... what?" she asked, which only made Benihime chuckle harder as she sat the woman back in her chair. "Ara ara, I'm sure I don't actually have to explain to you where babies come from. You have enough of your own to know better." she said, which made the older redhead look at her with wide eyes, then back to the young white haired male, then back to her own daughter. "No, that doesn't make sense. This child looks nothing like you. Where's his red hair, and his other half." she said seemingly confused. 'She doesn't even like men, who actually knocked her up? Maybe I didn't give enough credit to Taro when he made his suggestion.' she thought she might have owed her husband an apology.

"He didn't get red hair. I know... I was a bit miffed about it myself. Imagine carrying two for nine months just to have them look exactly like their dad." she said with a minor eye roll. "As for his other half, that is kind of why I am here. But you won't answer my questions, so I don't feel the need to explain further."

"Two halves need to do the ritual. Taro needs to be here for that," Hakudoshi said, seeming to repeat a thought from the mind of Benitsubaki. Once he'd done this, the father of Benihime and husband to Benitsubaki, appeared in the garden with his left arm raised, as if he was meant to be carrying something on his shoulder. "Wha-... What the hell!?" the man said immediately, having no clue how he appeared here. Without hesitation, Hakudoshi touched the man's right hand, sending into his mind all necessary information about the ongoing exchange. Immediately after this, he also reached out to touch the flesh of Benitsubaki. By making contact with both of these individuals, he intended to show them the story of his "other half" as they called it. "Ah... well... that's a lot to take in, but thank you for explaining it. Welcome, daughter and grandson. I hope the two of you won't disappoint."

Benihime heard out what her son had to say, and figured she'd either have to go find her father and bring him back here, or teleport with Hakudoshi to the man's location and talk him into coming back. But no... this wasn't the case. It seemed that her young son, had enough of waiting around on the adults on this island, and decided teleported his grandfather to this place immediately. This stunned the Kazekage to no end. "Ara ara, so not only can you teleport yourself and others across long distances, but you can also just bring people to you? Anything else you can do that is gonna shock the hell outta me?" the woman asked her son, and the question was somewhat sarcastic. Meanwhile both her mother and father received all pertinent information regarding her lost daughter. "Oh... that is a strange sensation. Thank you, for that information. Does he do that to you too?" she asked after receiving the information.

"Iie, to be fair, I didn't know he could do that. But right now, he's trying not to go into my mind to read it or otherwise. I am sure if he wants to he'll show me something." she said of her son. Her father's words were a lot more what she expected in general and he made her happy. To be fair, she'd been quite pleased to discover he was still living. "Otou-sama! Nice to see you~" the young woman said to her father. As for being a disappointment or not she shrugged. Benitsubaki scoffed lightly, wondering what she had ever done to make her daughter dislike her so much. Even so, Benihime looked to her father and asked a single question. "This trial is still the same, yes?" she asked. Only to have her mother interject to ask a single question. "Are you sure you should allow a child of only five or six to take this trial. It could be bad, what if he burns his face?" she asked seeming to have a serious qualm with a child as small and pale as hers breathing fire from his face. "Hakudoshi is seven. And he can do what he wants. I made him a ninja, I'm not going to stop him from doing something so simple if he wants to." the Kazekage said with a sigh as she left her mother's side.

"I can eat ice-cream without getting a headache!" Hakudoshi said with undue excitement when asked if there was anything else ridiculous he could do. As far as he was concerned, this was an incredible feat, which made it something he said with his chest out, and fists against his sides. He returned to his silence after this boast, seeming relatively expressionless until Benitsubaki thought him to be five or six years of age. This put the boy in a bit of a huff again.

Taro stood with his arms tucked into his sleeves, looking between Benihime and Hakudoshi as the decision was made for them to undergo the clan's rite of passage to adulthood. He had already resolved himself to take part in overseeing this, and would do so as customs dictated. "They are the same, yes. If the boy is to participate, as you know, he must have a parent of maturity among us. We can make an exception as the two of you being a pair for this rite, but this custom must remain intact."

"And just like that, I get to relish in the fact that you are actually seven." Benihime mentioned, with a smile on her face. She very occasionally got to enjoy the childishness of her son. And right at the moment was one of those. Moving right along it seemed that the custom for clan right of passage was exactly the same as it always had been. But, in this case it was demanded a very particular order be necessary for this rite taking place. "Sou ka, I guess that is fair. I can't have a kid who can boss me around~" she said almost jokingly offering a wink to her son, as she decided what jutsu she would use to prove her adultness by way of the clan.

Curiously enough, much like the Uchiha clan, this one had one which was a rite of fire. You simply had to prove you could a technique which featured fire, to prove that you were an adult in this clan. She looked up at the sky and stood back. Since her father decided to preside over this ordeal, she'd at least make it worth his while to watch. She was a rather proficient ninja, something they also didn't know. And beyond this, she was very good with her fire jutsu, even before her son gave her a proper flowing bit of chakra today. She gave a single cat like stretch as she moved away from her mother's side and shook loose her arms she stood before her father and bowed then bowed to her mother. Her hands then moved at lightning speed as she strung together seven hand seals to start a jutsu the pair had never seen before. Rat → Ox → Dog → Horse → Monkey → Boar → Tiger, the chakra within the redhead's body was kneaded into existence as fire and soon enough she'd have but one thing to say. "Katon: Gōka Messhitsu!" With the words, the woman would exhale a stream of fire aimed upwards and unlike her earlier use of the fireball jutsu, this one was much bigger, big enough to cover the sky over head for several dozen meters. The heat was intense and beyond that the stream was fed directly by the young woman and concentrated overhead. The ability to knead and force chakra out was much easier, so her techniques were getting much larger by association. Unlike her earlier use of the fireball jutsu she held nothing back in this one. She decided to show the full extent to a super massive jutsu like this one. "Hai, hai... that's enough right?" she asked. Looking back to see her mother look absolutely dumbfounded made this completely worthwhile.

"Indeed. I'm glad you agree," the man said as he stepped into a proper viewing space for the trial to come. In only a matter of moments, he was astounded by the woman's mastery of hand seals. What came next, though...

"Mm..." he murmured while stroking either side of his chin, grazing the facial hair combination of his that was a mustache and mutton chops connected. This display was the epitome of Fire Release as he knew it, making him thing of one of his own personal techniques. When this thought crossed the man's mind, Hakudoshi shifted a gaze in his direction, grinning from ear to ear. "You've grown many leagues stronger. It is my honor to declare you an adult among us," the older male said with a bow to the Kazekage. "Now, the boy. Tsubaki."

With Taro moving out of the way, Hakudoshi stepped forward, still grinning widely. With a single use of the Tiger hand seal, he gathered chakra on the surface of his skin. This caused him to seem as if his body were catching fire slowly. Taro watched this with widening eyes, as this bore a striking resemblance to a jutsu he'd recently thought about. He then, of course, realized this boy could read minds. However... 'That can't be possible. Not in a million years,' he thought. Immediately after this crossed his mind, Hakudoshi spoke three words which widened the man's eyes to their maximum extent. "Katon! Ittou Kasou!"

The moment Hakudoshi declared his technique, he also erected barriers around Benihime, Taro, and even Benitsubaki. This was quite necessary, as this jutsu was destined to encompass all present. A massive eruption of fire engulfed the entire garden in which they resided, reaching high enough in the sky to be seen from outside the village, while taking the shape of a katana's tip.

"Arigatou Gozaimasu~" Benihime said of her father's appreciation of her technique, and her declaration of adulthood, which came likely much later than it usually did. That being said, there was much to be said for late blooming flowers. She got to take a small bit of pride in the fact, that if her father thought that this single jutsu proved she was many times better than before, knowing what she actually was, would likely cause the man to swoon a bit. But she'd keep that a bit longer, holding on to something just in case there was another layer to this she didn't realize.

Up next, it was Hakudoshi's turn, and Benihime was mostly prepared for something extreme. The young boy had learned a couple of hers and Aiko's jutsu already, which likely meant he could learn a couple of things. She hadn't really thought about the fact that he didn't seem to know any fire jutsu, but figured he'd simply take one of the less complicated ones from her mind. Boy was she wrong about this. As the boy used a jutsu she'd never seen before, she got to see surprise on the face of her father, and her mother looked like she'd faint. They were encompassed in flames which seemed to start at Hakudoshi himself as the starting point. She couldn't help but feel an extreme mark of pride, as her son protected them all from the flames but showed that he was perfectly capable.

Benitsubaki had wide eyes she simply couldn't help it. This child was smaller than he should be, and even now doing such amazing feats. "Impossible." she said, though Benihime didn't recognize that jutsu, her mother did. And it was one used by her husband through is sword on very rare occasions. "That... is..." she looked at the small boy and realized she couldn't argue with his adulthood. By their own standards, he was very much an adult. "Sou ka. It is my honor to declare you an adult among us." she said to the small boy offering him a bow. "Otou-sama, he stole your jutsu, yeah? Don't feel bad, he did the same thing to me the other day~" the younger redhead woman said to her father. Benihime looked at her son, and offered the small boy a high five. "Nice job, Little One~" she said, then she'd remember something very important. "Seventeen..." she looked at the boy and the only thought in her mind, was that she'd been seventeen before she could use a secondary nature release. And it was only at Machi's constant coaching that she actually made anything of it. She rubbed her hand over her face at her own failure, only her son could make her feel so proud and yet so useless while he was in place.

"Mm!" the boy said with a raised right fist upon being declared an adult among the clan. He didn't quite get why this was the mark of adulthood, but if this was the sort of thing done everywhere, he would be much more satisfied with the world and its operations. With both parties coming to the village being declared adults, Hakudoshi was given information pertaining to when Benihime developed her secondary nature transformation. This was hard to fathom, but he had no choice but to do so when he could see it happening. "... Sou ka."

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast