Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Uzushiogakure

Benihime looked to her rather excitable son, and was happy for him. There were moments where she worried about his developments, but right at the moment, he seemed to be alright. Her father even went so far as to wish the small boy a happy birthday, which was quite nice. Her mother also wished to tell the boy happy birthday, but had the sense it wouldn't mean as much coming from her, so she kept it to herself. Noting it for later so she might get the boy a present, if she could figure out something he'd like. Still there was the matter of the actual rules of this match up, which apparently revolved around the red sun hour, so it could only take place at dawn or dusk. Given this, it seemed that Benihime and her son, would be busing themselves on the island for the duration of the afternoon. A bit of a smirk came to her face. "Ah, okay then, I skipped breakfast anyway."

Around sunset the young red haired woman found herself entering an arena like set up with a long line down the middle. Her father stood across from her boasting a most powerful presence. This was something she could really understand, and in fact, his speech seemed to create a tingle of excitement in the young woman she hadn't felt like this in a quite a while. All while her father spoke she was stretching in a most luxurious manner. In fact, she'd been moving and stretching snapping to attention upon hearing the man speak. "Hai!" surprisingly enough the younger redhead woman had nothing more to say to her father, he didn't bring out of her the more patronizing and teasing speech she was used to dishing out on a regular basis. In fact, the way he spoke and carried himself, she felt the need to impress him and take on this honor, she felt like it was something desirable. When she thought about it more, she decided she should start well. She'd been thinking about something over the course of her day, and it was Hakudoshi's start up to the jutsu he'd taken from her father. With this in mind she began to channel chakra through her body, running it through her core and expelling it all over the same way she'd use chakra flow. This she'd expel through her hands and feet leading the young woman to gain flaming feet and hands as she looked down at them grinning to herself. A second later she launched herself forward, at a speed which was approximately a step above what a normal person could pull off. She was mostly testing the waters as her movements took place before reaching a very short distance to her father. She'd flip over on her hands, by way of her superior flexibility, to aim an upward kick towards his core, intending to knock him up into the air with the power of the thrust which included her flame channeling to add some additional force. The entire time the girl's mother watched from the outside seemingly stunned by her speed and power. She was also surprised by her ability to channel fire into her hands and feet.

Benihime would be the one taking the initiative in this Agni Kai, doing so by using the strange form of Chakra Flow previously utilized by her son to gain flaming extremities. This sight warned Taro of incoming Taijutsu usage, prompting him to be on physical defense. When the woman moved, she did so in a very quick manner, and with the expected amount of agility for a Jinchuriki of Matatabi. While Taro could never hope to match this high maneuverability, his own melee experience would suffice to defend with his arms against the burning kick to his torso. Still, he was launched skyward, but allowing his forearms to take both the impact, and the fire, allowed him to gather chakra without the need to recover before landing. Taro performed a Tiger hand seal while airborn, kneading chakra into his lungs en masse, and completing this just at the peak of his vertical climb. "Katon: Ennetsu Jigoku!" Suddenly, the man exhaled seven fireballs, all of which spread around the area to create a ring of pillars upon hitting the ground. After being placed, these pillars of inferno seemed to be growing, as if they would eventually converge upon one another. When Taro landed at last, he placed a hand upon the katana at his left hip. "Very skillful. If this were a contest of Taijutsu, you would eventually best me with those movements. But, that is not why we are here."

Benihime's attack connected, but it seemed her father was a bit more ready to take a beating than she originally thought. While the old man was up in the air, he created several fire balls off a single hand seal. The landed around Benihime forming a circle of flames which began growing together. As the redhead straightened her posture, she bounced on her toes, and when her father finally landed, he complimented the girl's physical strength. "Arigatou Gozaimasu~" the young woman said as she smiled towards her father. She took note of her flaming prison and the movement of the chakra as well as the placement of her father's hand near his weapon. "This is interesting. I might take it for later. I don't have enough techniques like this." she said, of the flaming prison, which was a bit less straight forward kill than most of what the Kazekage had in her arsenal. Still this was a contest, of actual fire, and to prove her abilities as a jinchuuriki, her first attack had been to see what was necessary, her next would be something very different.

'Matatabi! A tail for a bit please?~' the woman said in her head. This stirred a rather large flaming blue cat into the forefront of the woman's mind. She had two different color eyes and dark markings but her voice would be rather respectful and a bit haunting. 'Of course, it is nice to work with you again, Benihime-sama.' The cat's replies were always ones which amused the Kazekage, but they could take about that later. At the moment a single blue flame tail with dark markings sprouted from her back. Within a second of this happening the Kazekage kneaded within herself, creating several small fireballs that looked a bit like mice which were aimed towards her father. "Nezumi Kedama!" They were burning and blue but had the odd ability to split and continue with the young woman's manipulations so that they would chase him about the arena aiming to make contact with and burn the man.

"Imitation is flattery, I suppose." With a hand hovering over his blade, Taro awaited Benihime's next move. What he noted first, was her sprouting a single tail, belonging to Matatabi without a question. This alone showed a high degree of control as a Jinchuuriki, but this Agni Kai was about drawing out strong forces in combat. He would wait until she showed such ability before declaring the end of this battle. In the face of the blue fireballs, he drew his blade, which emerged from its sheathe with another inferno wrapped around it. "Katon: Joukaku Enjou no Jutsu!" Just as Benihime's fireball split, his own flames grew immensely, wrapping around the blue fire and Benihime herself to encase them in Taro's prison. Taro intended to use this as a lockout method, forcing Benihime to overcome one of his ultimate techniques. "I admire your control over Matatabi. But, do you have the power? This prison can keep a Kage trapped for a very long time, but I expect more of Matatabi's host."

"Hai!" The young woman said. It seemed though that her most recent attack wouldn't be allowed to reach fruition. Instead, her father claimed to admire her control of Matatabi and instead ask if she had the power to go along with it. She was soon imprisoned by fire and having to deal with the fact that she could no longer move freely. She could respect this tactic, and had even used it herself during some of the earlier training of her husband, though not exactly the same way. "Ara ara, I wouldn't say that..." Benihime said as she began pacing around the edges of her newly formed prison, seeming not to like the smallness of the space. Most of the Kages she knew of who could get around the rules of the Agni Kai wouldn't be held by such a thing, hell she could get out in two seconds without the rule of fire only. As such, it required of Benihime an interesting moment, for her to think of how to fight fire, with fire. 'Ugh, I could wait it out, but that would be annoying, it'd take like half an hour to weaken enough for me to walk through.' she thought as she tossed her hair around. For a person in a middle of a fight she didn't seem to pressed, by the flames or the warm of the area. If anything it only seemed to contribute to her current irritation, the power of these flames prickling along her skin. As this happened she kept pacing, an activity likely acquired from the demon cat she held within her body. But this pacing would give her time to think, think about what to do, if she didn't want to wait out the prison she was held in.

'Hmph, I doubt she'll think of a way out. Boring.' This was the thought held by Tsubaki as she watched her daughter pace in a small prison of her husband's creation. This had been going on for a few minutes. And as such she figured the lass probably wouldn't be able to come up with anything. Her daughter had made several great strides, but it seemed she still didn't have much to show for the power she should have. This led the older woman to believe any earlier showing from the girl was a fluke. Even from this distance Benihime could feel her mother's dissent from the distance. This was one of the main reasons she didn't like the woman presently, but unlike most, Benihime also enjoyed the idea that she'd be able to prove the woman wrong and leave her shocked. And the more she thought about it, the more the idea she had seemed to cement itself.

Once his prison had been set in place, Taro stepped outside of the growing pillars he'd created earlier. By his approximation, the pillars would reach the flame encasement just as it was ready to dissipate naturally, leaving Benihime almost half an hour to clear the trial. Either she would pass or fail from this alone, and with that in mind, Taro sheathed his sword.

Hakudoshi had been watching the Agni Kai from Benitsubaki's side, though he was slightly behind her as to remain out of eyesight. When he noted that Benihime wasn't immediately breaking free of her prison, he looked in the older woman's direction, and masked his own chakra before teleporting into the flame cage. Once there, he looked his mother in the eye, tilting his head. "Why are you still in here?"

Benihime was putting together her idea, and had begun doing the necessary things with her own chakra and Matatabi's to create the thing she wanted to use. But right before she would have paused to launch it her son appeared before her, questioning why she was still within the prison. His impatience was very similar to her own, and as such she looked at him and smiled. "Ara ara, what's with the attitude?" she asked only to remember her son probably hadn't been looking in to figure out what she was doing and had likely become impatient waiting for his turn. "Sou ka, you still aren't reading my mind are you, Little One? I am trying to name this thing I am about to do." she said with a smile. She'd taken a while to decide what kind of fire technique she'd use to overcome her prison, and after she did, the last few minutes were spent just trying to think of what to call it. In that moment she reached over and patted his head, immediately thinking of what to call it. "Oh! I got it! Do me a favor and barrier my parents? I am not sure of the size, but I feel like it's going to be way bigger than anything else I've done in a while." she said with a smile. Sending the boy about his way.

Once he was gone. She'd allow her chakra to flow downwards towards her tail, a single use of the tiger seal, would expel all the extra energy she'd built up in the form of a blue wave of fire which spiraled out from her single tail as a point, growing to engulf the entire arena. Pushing past the fires which were her prison and even further still well past the initial flame wall created and towards all others in the vicinity intending to bathe the entire arena in a blast of blue fire which would decimate the surroundings. "Soukatsui!~"

"It could have been my turn ten minutes ago," Hakudoshi replied with much dejection upon discovering that this had taken so long, simply because the woman wanted to name this new attack of hers. With a huff, he gave his suggestion. "Neko something," he said. A simple nod stated his agreement to providing a barrier, which he did for both elders while teleporting to his original location. On his arrival, he spoke to Benitsubaki. "It's my turn."

Meanwhile, Benihime was utilizing the technique she'd been working on, wiping out the opposing fires with her own, though its name was a bit disappointing to Hakudoshi. Such was the case only because its name didn't involve the word "neko" at all. Taro, when the decimation became apparent during the clearing of this "Soukatsui" attack, could only stroke his mustache. "Very impressive. I am honored to officially name you the host of the Fire Cat. You didn't have to destroy our Agni Kai chamber, but I'm actually impressed you did. Also, thank you, lad, for the barrier. I'm certain this was your doing," he said, directing these final words to Hakudoshi.

A smile came to her face, as her son realized that she could have done what she did several minutes before she did anything. Regardless there was quite a bit of fanfare around the strength of the attack created by the Kazekage. Her son seemed disappointed she looked to him and chuckled. "Don't worry Little One, I'll use your name suggestion for something better than that, and I'll even test it out on you~" she said of his naming suggestion. She took a moment to happily watch the blue flames while her son mentioned to Benitsubaki that it was his turn.

Benihime's mother, for her credit was more than a bit stunned by the attack her daughter came up with. The sheer destruction had made it more than well worth the wait, and inside, she was quite proud of the young woman. "Uh... yes. Thank you... for saving us." her mother seemed to realize in this moment that without Hakudoshi's interference everyone within the arena would have been incinerated by Benihime's choice in attack. The younger redhead to her credit acknowledged her father's words with a bow and a bit of a smirk. "Arigatou Gozaimasu." as to the statement that she didn't have to destroy the arena but he was impressed that she had, the Kazekage had but one thing to say, and she ran a hand through her hair as her tail disappeared and looked away. "Sumimasen, I'm still not used to how easy it is to make things. I either hold back too much, or I push too much forward. That was the latter, at least... I didn't do it with both tails, like I started to do." she said, realizing that the way she'd initially planned to use the attack would have decimated a corner of this island rather easily.

Her mother seemed to realize this and her eyes widened, the shock in the woman was palpable through her chakra and it made Benihime laugh aloud. "Relax Okaa-san, you're going to bust a blood vessel." she said to the woman who managed to her credit to shake off the surprise and move past the small girl towards the center of the recently destroyed arena. "Come then, though this isn't a test of strength. The skill of Fire Rat is what must be tested it isn't about how much power you have but what you do with it." she said even knowing the small boy could read her mind. Perhaps this was done instead as part of the ceremony and for Benihime's benefit. She stood across from the small boy and nodded taking a very odd stance. "The Proving of the Fire Rat begins now. Agni Kai." As a part of this, the woman strung together a set of hand seals rather proficiently, though not nearly with the speed shown by her daughter earlier. Ram → Horse → Snake → Dragon → Rat → Ox → Tiger, this combination would end in the woman breathing out a flame dragon complete with a head. It wasn't very large but it seemed to float about and around the child before aiming to crush him within its jaws.

"Congratulations," the man said prior to clearing the arena for the next match. From the sidelines, he was content to see what this boy had in store, other than the apparent ability to replicate one of his strongest techniques in a way even he was incapable of.

Hakudoshi wasted no time, reaching his side of the decimated chamber via teleportation. When Benitsubaki gave her speech, he nodded, and the sword he wore on his back vanished. "Hai," he said. Prior to the woman's use of jutsu, he saw into her mind, then slipped into his mother's mind to see if she had the same technique in her arsenal. She did, and it was usable with less hand seals from what he saw there. As such, Hakudoshi formed the Ram seal, followed by the Tiger, beginning a split second before Benitsubaki did. Only having to use two seals, instead of seven, allowed him to finish before the woman, though he held off for just a moment on releasing. His timing allowed him to crash a slightly larger dragon of flames into Benitsubaki's, negating its push despite being released second. Once all flames were cleared between the two, Hakudoshi held out his right hand to create a Rasengan within it. "This isn't fire, but it isn't anything else. Can I use it?"

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast