Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [Getsugakure] Tsukimikyuu

"Yare yare daze," Youko said with a sigh. "First, good job just slipping right past that first sentence. Second..." He paused there, knowing already that these two were on a path toward nothing. Natsumi had a fully evolved Oborozuki, and by association, Kichirou did as well. Another sigh escaped Youko before he continued. "The sage has nothing to give you. You're just not strong enough to gain anything from him. Trust me; you two will do fine without any more power anyways. There won't be another uprising."

A sigh escaped the white haired young woman as she rested in a very comfortable chair. It seemed that Youko had noticed how easily she'd slipped in the first sentence of her statement, and of course it caused her to chuckle. "Oh you would notice that." She concluded though she wasn't at all stressed about it. Beyond this, it seemed that Youko could give them the information they sought, but wouldn't due to it apparently not working for the pair of them for whatever reason. "Not that I wouldn't just take your word for it, but why aren't we strong enough to get anything from him?" She questioned this because the statement was rather specific. And to be fair, this island was presently full of orphans and broken or newly made families. She didn't technically fear an uprising either, it was just insurance given the rather tenuous nature of her moon. "And if you aren't giving up the information, then... you just talked yourself back to square one~"

"Of course I would. I'm on an upswing again, but I've been in a rut recently. Besides," he carried on, giving the Lady of the island a single once-over glance. "Looks like you went through even more development since we last met." Despite his words, Natsumi was not likely to be deterred; this much he could tell. True enough, she immediately expressed curiosity toward the apparent weakness he spoke of. There was also mention of him cycling his way back to the beginning of this bargaining session. "I never said I wouldn't give you the information. If you want the truth, I am the sage you seek. You aren't strong enough because no one is strong enough anymore. To learn from the sage, after already acquiring an advanced Oborozuki, requires mastery of all forms of the Kekkei Genkai."

"You in a rut? That's actually possible?!" she said a face brimming with surprise. Even so, she supposed him being back on an upswing was probably for the best regardless of what else had transpired. His once over glance of her and statements about her development wouldn't go unnoticed either, a chuckle would come from the lass as he made his statements. "Yeah, well, I figure most people in their late teens figure they'll get a bit taller or something like that. I got these~" she said with an open handed gesture towards her chest, which hadn't been very small to begin with. Soon enough their conversation switched back to a more serious mode, and it seemed that Youko was claiming that he was the sage they'd been seeking and beyond that, the reason given for why they couldn't expect anything else from him was that to get anything else required master of the entirety of the Kekkei Genkai.

"You're the Blue Moon Sage? I thought that was supposed to be some random hermit guy. I mean, you're a wanderer, and all but..." something about that information was shocking. Still she had no reason to not believe the man and as such he'd more than fulfilled his side of the bargain. "Ugh, you make it sound like it's impossible for anything else to happen, it can't even be possible for someone to master all forms of the Kekkei Genkai anymore. Your standards are too high." she said, still that was one thing which was marked off the list. Knowing this information she was more than equipped to tell him anything he'd need to know, she'd also lead him to the secret place which held the scrolls he sought but there was a catch one which kind of loomed in the background. "I suppose that is the information I was looking for, disappointing though it may be, at least I didn't have to go anywhere to find it out." she said, thinking about it, she would have been upset to go on a journey just to find out it ended in nothing, and for the same reason, she'd tell Youko something very specific. "I'll take you to the place that the scrolls are kept... but you won't be able to get in. I thought I'd warn you of that, since you've saved me a trip."

"It's a very long story. I'll bore you with the details later," he said. For now, he was very intent on fishing for information he could use to resurrect his daughter, as well as figure out the mystery behind both of his children in general. To accomplish this, he'd first have to deal with Natsumi and her power-seeking. "They aren't my standards. That's just the way it is. Besides, I think you may be mistaken... the forms I'm talking about are very different to what you've seen, and they are very easily mastered." Even while being all but shut down on her request, Natsumi agreed to take Youko to the location of the scrolls. However, she warned that he would be incapable of entering this location. "One way or another, I'm getting in. They're under the palace, aren't they?"

"Hai hai~" she said of the long story he'd apparently tell her at some other point in time. As they kept talking it seemed that Youko didn't think his standards unfair, nor did he clam them as his own. He also claimed that the forms he mentioned could be mastered very easily, which made her frown a little. "Uh-huh, well then you might have to explain that later too, because I'm not exactly sure what you mean." the young woman said, seeming to find it a bit weird that he'd explain it in such a way. She looked out and noticed the darkening sky and nodded. "Eh, not exactly, just come on. We can go now~" she said standing she headed not for the front of the house but towards the back, where they'd leave out and head up a slight mountain path lightly hidden from view which would lead to an opening and a large scale Moon dial set up in the courtyard and an opening which was visible but obviously sealed in a way no one could open. "This is the entrance. And I don't think anyone's used it in a very long time. We tried when we first got here, but we can't open it. I don't think anyone whose been in charge in generations has been able to. So... we're pretty sure they told everyone only the royals could come here, figuring eventually one of them would have the right moon to open it." she said. The Moon dial itself needed resonance at its points to open the door, but one of them was unattainable. They were set up at various corners of the open space, each corresponding to a moon and one which corresponded to a moon which no one had possessed in generations.

"If this place you're taking me to is anything like the others I've found, then I'm sure you'll understand what I mean soon," he said, being somewhat familiar with the clan's ancient practices and requirements. Finding out that they were able to go to this location now, with the moon rising, did wonders for Youko's assumption of this. He followed Natsumi up the path behind the palace, stumbling upon the moon dial seal, and finding it familiar at only a glance. "I was right. This doesn't require royalty, or any sort of special version of Oborozuki. Here. I'll show you." Silence ensued for a few minutes, until the moon shone perfectly over the dial they stood next to. The eight resonance points around the area gleamed in the moonlight, and Youko activated his Kekkei Genkai in its Full Moon state to link himself to the first. It subsequently glowed, fading to be replaced with its neighbor as he regressed to Gibbous state. The same was repeated with Quarter, then Crescent. One would note that, on this platform, there was only one point for the full moon, two for each other stage, and one empty space. This was what Youko needed to unlock last.

"This clan's ways were lost long ago. In all this power-seeking, there's no balance left. Here. It's not that no one has the moon required to unlock this; it's that no one remembers the other half of what comes naturally to us." With that said, Youko regressed his Kekkei Genkai even further, gaining moons black as night, as if they had vanished entirely. This triggered the activation of the eighth point, and therefore the unsealing of the chamber below. "Crescent Moon is no weaker than Gibbous, in actuality. The emptier the moon, the stronger the Genjutsu, and vice versa."

Apparently Youko had a great deal of familiarity with the kind of place she was taking him to. And soon enough his own explanation proved it. This let Natsumi know that the man before her really did know what he was talking about and beyond all that, he would soon enough showcase the ability which he seemed to find most of their clan had forgotten. This display would come along with a lesson which had the kind of tone that Natsumi had expected from the Blue Moon Sage. "Balance huh?" she seemed to be thinking about this, watching as the stages of Youko's moons regressed from full all the way down to one which was completely black and empty. This was a bit startling and unlike anything she'd ever seen before this point. There was only one thing this could be. "New Moon and it focuses genjutsu? Really? That's... umm..." she wanted to protest this moons existence, but the door which none had been able to enter prior to this seemed to open all on its own. "Well, I guess it makes sense. Why didn't anyone else think of that?" she seemed to think it a bit strange that in all the time this place had been locked up, it was completely unfathomable that no one had thought to try and force a full dark moon. Then again, no one really thought about genjutsu, except in figuring out when it was applied. "And for the record, that was a really 'sage-y' conversation. I didn't know ya' had it in you."

"Balance," he repeated. According to Natsumi, his speech was quite sage-like in nature, but this was simply his understanding as given by the sitting Blue Moon Sage. As he took steps toward entering the chamber, he continued to speak with this woman, whom he assumed would be accompanying him to the scrolls. "Well, you know how much I like to surprise. Anyway, there are a lot of other places across the island like this. All of them require this entry, except for the newer ones made by specific branches. They usually hold secret techniques that have been lost to the ages by now. By the way, what I'm telling you now totally counts as payment for bringing me here."

It seemed he was quite sold on this balance thing, and she supposed it made sense. After all, everyone who possessed their Kekkei Genkai had the ability to use it in ways that required a bit of knowledge and balance, and for a longer than she'd been alive everyone had been favoring the physical aspects, probably in light of the Blood Cult. When she thought about it, getting back to the original balance intended might be good for everyone overall, and help keep any more disastrous cults from forming in search of power. She was a firm believer in the usefulness of versatility, her own moon dictated this. As she thought this over she followed Youko into this opening, mostly because she didn't intend to be left behind for such a thing, when he mentioned that all she was being told was technically in payment for being brought here she scoffed. "Definitely surprising. I'll give you that one." She said of his intentions. To the rest of his statement she had something different to say. "Yeah, I suppose it is fair, I can probably figure out that other moon too, so it seems to have worked out in my favor~ And I even get to see inside here, which is something that has been bugging me since we moved in." she mentioned. Having never been inside one of these chambers she decided she might go on a bit of a hunt around the island to find some of the lost techniques if she could enter the chambers now.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast