Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: [Getsugakure] Tsukimikyuu

"It doesn't take much. All you have to do is focus on the opposite end of your chakra. Make it go the other direction, toward Yin, when you shift," he said about the New Moon state of Oborozuki. "Fun fact: Our ancestors started their development at Quarter, and went in whatever direction they leaned naturally. Not everyone had New and Crescent, and not everyone had Gibbous and Full. Starting at Crescent is something I think happened over time, when we started focusing on Ninjutsu specifically." With that said, Youko continued wandering through the chamber. It was dark; incredibly so. In fact, Youko only knew where he was going with his Doujutsu active, as there was a distinct layer of old chakra surrounding everything in the vicinity. With these eyes, everything in the chamber looked to be draped in moonlight.

"Here," he said upon finding and opening one of many scrolls in the room. "The Moonborn Child of prophecy... who holds the unstoppable and unknowable moonlight. The child of everything, and of nothing. But... only one."

As they made their way into this place, Natsumi reactivated her eye, if only to make sure that she could see around the place during it's darkness. Like Youko, the entirety of the place looked like it was draped in moonlight and as such she felt completely comfortable following him around in here. As they walked Youko was more than content to give a bit of a lesson in the earlier forms of their clan's progressions. "Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if it will end up that way again, with no one forcing anything." she said of the developments of people. She knew for a fact neither she, nor Kichirou was doing much by way of force with anyone living in the Tsukimikyuu. As this was the case there were some very different kind of children and young teens running around right now, by comparison to what it would have been like a decade ago.

Upon reaching the chamber it seemed that Youko found what he was looking for. But his words didn't make much sense to her. It seemed what he was looking for were scrolls concerning a child a prophecy. "Moonborn Child of Prophecy, that's the information you were willing to go to extremes for?" she asked. The man had always been very nice but she couldn't imagine him having come across a random child and needing these scrolls to confirm its existence.

"Anything's possible. I saw kids outside playing when I arrived. That's something I haven't seen since we used to sneak out of our branches," Youko said while continuing to read the scroll for details. He found much information about this child of prophecy, but everything involved a single person. There were no possible clauses included to involve a pair of twins, but perhaps Benihime's findings could be combined with his own to come to new conclusions... if he was at all right about their children being of the prophecy. "Yes. I think the prophecy is now, but I can't be entirely sure. Anyway... I think this is all I need."

"Sneaking out? I haven't done that in ages~ That used to be all kinds of fun." she said thinking about how the pair of them used to sneak out of their branch houses and find time to spend together on the island. About the children she supposed his statements about their playing was rather true. "Hm, I suppose it has been quite a while since children felt comfortable running around outside. They are likely still playing... a lot of them do whatever they want for a really long time. It's strange." Natsumi concluded, thinking about one odd thing about these children she felt she'd share the information only after having a hearty giggle though. She had no problem with children, but she felt really far detached from them overall. The ones who were in the village were kind of strange, they were orphans from clans which had fallen or were nearly hunted to extinction so they got to live freely within the Tsukimikyuu. "You know, the kids around here, all have a nickname for you, it's pretty funny, I'm surprised you weren't bombarded. Maybe the brave ones were taking a nap." She giggled again, it was funny. It seemed that Youko had what he was looking for, and thought this to be the apparent time of prophecy discussed by the scrolls. "Uh-huh, you think this is the time of prophecy. Alright then."

"Yeah, it was. That's why I didn't stop doing it. You should give it a shot again, too." With a glance at a few more scrolls for general purposes, Youko had more than what he needed coming here. As such, he moved toward the exit of the chamber, continuing the conversation with Natsumi as he moved. "A nickname, you say? That's just wonderful," he said sarcastically. "I'm assuming they've got one for you as well, then. What is it? Bringer of the milk feast?"

A grin crossed Natsumi's face. "Me, sneak out? And go where exactly... if you hadn't noticed, I am kind of not the type who can just get away with leaving anymore~" she said. It used to be the case that she'd leave places for extended periods of time, and her absence would go unnoticed for a while, now... if she was gone for more than an hour or two, someone would likely come looking for her. As it seemed Youko had found all he was looking for, she followed him out of this place, still having a laugh at this supposed nickname. "No really it's cool, it's just funny 'cause... well I know you. And I doubt they'd call me anything so cool, not that I've heard anything~" she said stifling another giggle. "Raijuu no Zangetsu~" she chimed finding it funny, that the children on the island referred to him as Thunder Beast the Moon Slayer. It was rather accurate, but they had even gone so far as to exaggerate that he was some sort of man-eater who devoured the naughty moonbearers.

To go along with this by the time they exited this chamber, a small girl with a purple hood on would be approaching the exit. She could be no more than seven or eight years old and the normal state of her eyes was a deep purple color, were presently full gibbous moons, also a bit of a feat for one so young. She had a very interesting set of markings on her face, three on each cheek all exceedingly thin and one over the bridge of her nose, marking her as a future elite warrior, having completed many trials to get to this point, most of which shouldn't have been done by a child so young. And she would upon seeing Youko have her eyes go wide aiming to touch his pants leg and immediately run away as if winning a prize. That being said, the small girl would subsequently trip and begin to freak out. "Gomen gomen, please don't eat me!~" she seemed to think this man some kind of scary man eater, but he was of legend so she had to touch him, because the others claimed they were too scared to approach him, and this wasn't how she was.

"And go anywhere. With that hairstyle you've got going on now, you could slip out for half a day, and they'd probably assume you were getting that done," he stated with a snicker. "If you want, I can teach you a seal that will transport you anywhere you've left it. That'll make it easy to be gone and back before anyone knows." As they passed the threshold of this chamber, Youko received the name Oborozuki clan children now had for him. It was creative; he'd give him that. However, he felt there was a bit of bite behind it, as if the story behind the name was the reason the children disappeared when he arrived. "Raijuu no Zangetsu, huh. That's going to be a problem for me, isn't it?" he asked.

As if on cue, there was then a small girl approaching quickly. This lass encroached upon Youko with the simple gesture of touching his hakama, only to then trip and fall upon running away. Her words afterwards gave credence to Youko's assumption. "Yep." With that said, he utilized the Body Flicker Technique to instantly maneuver to this child's fore, reaching out to her with his right hand when he arrived. "I don't, I don't... I don't eat people."

"Don't laugh, it takes ages. I was still getting it finished up when you arrived." she said of her ridiculous hair. Whatever technique he claimed to have that would transport people from place to place, seemed like it would be good, but also a bit bothersome. "A seal that does something like that... you've been busy~" she chimed, suddenly remembering something important. "Oh, and we have stuff of yours, we found it all over the house when we first moved in... you can have it back." Natsumi chimed, she could only chuckle as Youko went on to mention that his apparent nickname would be some kind of bothersome and a small child approached him in a way that would make him feel it was indeed so.

"Well, I mean... I do try to dissuade them of the idea that you eat people. But kids like to exaggerate." Natsumi said nonchalantly as Youko used a jutsu which would allow him to appear in front of the small girl who'd come to tag him and apparently run away. This was a child that Natsumi was indeed familiar with and as such she would simply watch to see how this played out. The small girl had the man appear before her, even before she could see it happen. She was utterly stunned, but soon enough he was stating that he didn't eat people which made the girl's face wrinkle up in childlike confusion. "But but but... you're Raijuu no Zangetsu. You eat the naughty moon-bearers." The girl stated as she looked up from her place on the ground with gibbous moons in her eyes. It was very strange to think such a man didn't do what the rumors said. But she was also a small child, she couldn't remember where she'd even heard such a thing. "If ya' don't then there was no point in me coming here, and being brave enough to touch you." She said, seemingly cross at the idea that this man wasn't nearly as scary as everyone claimed. Obviously this was some sort of game for the children, they didn't think Youko to be a bad man, and instead thought him some kind of dark hero.

"No, I don't. Well... I ate the Blood Cult, technically... but that's different." The more he thought about it, the more Youko understood where these rumors could have come from. It was actually a difficult thing to argue against, knowing the technicalities of what he'd done the last time he visited this island. More importantly, looking at this girl directly was a shocking ordeal for the man. Not only had her Kekkei Genkai developed at an alarming rate, but she bore the markings of an established warrior, the likes of which he hadn't seen since his own brother. "Sugoi. Should they even think you're brave for doing that? Those trials you've gone through are nothing to take lightly. If our customs were slightly different, you and I would be equals. I'm impressed."

"Doesn't sound different." The small girl said with a marked bit of determination. Given her attitude it would be easy to see why she bore the markings she did. It seemed that Youko was a bit stunned by what the small girl had been doing as far as her trials were concerned. The development of her moon was also rather stunning to most, people but in typical child fashion the small girl puffed her chest out a little and scoffed. "Well, bravery is different for kids and grown-ups. Grown-ups are always scared of the trials, they weren't bad though. But kids have different stuff we gotta do to prove ourselves to each other, and most kids are scared of you." The small girl explained, it seemed the society of children was run a bit differently from regular society, but that was to be expected, children seemed to have different rules for dealing with each other. She also seemed to be capable of completely leaving out the fact that she was in fact at least a little scared herself until a few seconds ago. Still the girl couldn't help but feel proud of herself given that apparently Raijuu no Zangetsu was impressed by her. A tiny blush came to her face as she managed to pull herself up. "The customs are fun, they let me boss around old people, but you and I will be equal by them soon enough, I'm Miyako!" the small girl said as she dusted herself off, apparently very sure of her own abilities and progress. "But... everyone around here calls me Miya."

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast