Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: [Getsugakure] Tsukimikyuu

"Hmm. I guess you're right. Still, I didn't get my markings until a few years later than you. Brag to your friends about that," he said, reaching out to place a hand atop the head of this lass. When she spoke of becoming his equal, he grinned, finding her aspirations respectable. "I await the day. I'll be seeing you, Miyako." And with that, he stepped away from the girl, returning to Natsumi. Remembering what he'd said to her most recently, he produced two heavy-weight, three-pronged kunai from within his armor.

"These. This is a self-summoning seal I was taught years ago. I had it applied to these special kunai, so this is possible." Youko's next movement was an upward toss of the kunai in his left hand. It flew high into the sky, and Youko vanished from where he stood to reappear holding the item. It was then that he threw the other one, aiming it deep into the narrow valley behind Tsukimikyuu. When this was done, Youko tossed the remaining kunai toward the ground in front of Natsumi, and returned to it once more. "There. There's no range limitation at all, so I could go to where I tossed that other one right now."

The small girl apparently known as Miyako had a look at Youko. His markings were rather uncommon but she recognized them at least to belong to a set of trials she hadn't gone through herself. Even so, she could brag to her friends about this. Soon enough the small girl was patted on the head which was a rather calm show of affection. "Hai hai, ja~" Miyako said before running off to keep playing as children on the island always seemed to do.

Natsumi had to admit, that she'd not known what to expect from Youko as far as dealing with kids, but at the very least he seemed capable of it. It was comforting to see. Beyond all this though, the man came back to explain what he meant by a seal which was used to 'self-summon' as he called it. It was something he was apparently taught and that he used to great effect right in front of her. "Sugoi!~" she said as white flashes accompanied the man's movements around. "So you can just go anywhere you want, and go back home or to some other place, with no down time. That's gotta be fun and oddly useful for a wanderer like you." the white haired woman said. She had to admit the ability to go and comeback without the downtime of travel would make it rather easy for her to come and go as she pleased.

"I don't do much wandering nowadays, surprisingly. I've settled in... mostly," he said. After showcasing the abilities of the Hiraishin technique, Natsumi's astonishment led to Youko picking up the remaining kunai and twirling it around his left forefinger. This was done simply to draw attention to it, as it was key in his next statement toward the woman. "You're right, though. A casual moonlit stroll could turn into an adventure, just by leaving one of these behind. Go figure, I'm usually one to offer a lift, if needed. Want one?"

"EH!?" The news that the wandering blacksmith had mostly settled in somewhere was surprising to Natsumi. She supposed people always changed a bit, but never really expected such things from Youko. The man went on to explain that a moonlit stroll could become an adventure and offered the woman a ride. Being in the situation she was in, she'd accept such a thing without much question. "Well, I can't really turn down an offer like that~" she said her eyes at first drawn to the twirling of the kunai and then to the man himself. To be fair it'd been quite some time since she'd last seen him and they'd always been on amiable terms. Though she was essentially running away from home for a short period of time, she didn't actually see a problem with it.

"Sounds like a plan then," Youko said. Before going through with this, though, he had to check on something. As such, he handed his present kunai off to Natsumi, and vanished once more. He'd return to the white-haired woman only a moment later, immediately slinging an arm around her middle torso. "All clear. Going now." Without further warning, Youko transported the pair of them to the location of his distant kunai. They would appear at the side of a river, with a surprisingly ample shoreline to traverse if they so chose. "Before you ask... I had to pull the kunai out of a tree before I accidentally screwed us both on that transport."

"Hai hai!" The white haired woman agreed, it seemed they'd be hanging out a bit longer, but not before something strange happened. Youko soon enough would give her the kunai he was holding and disappear if only for a second. When he reappeared his arm was slung around her torso much to her shock and she was transported to a distant space. A small squeal would escape the young woman as she hadn't expected the random transport. Once the arrived he made the reason for his initial leaving known. "Ah, okay. So, you say that, but what I hear is... you're showing off~" she said offering the man a smile. "Nice to see some things don't change~" To Youko's credit this was a very nice spot for a moonlit walk.

Following their appearance on the shoreline, Youko retrieved his kunai, choosing to leave the other one in Natsumi's care. As he began to walk along the side of the river, he spared a sideways glance in the woman's direction, taking note of her most recent statement. "A little. Maybe. Still accurate, though, unless you don't mind falling through tree branches. I just had the feeling you weren't geared up for that sort of trip."

"You're right, totally not even ready for a fall through trees." Natsumi mentioned as she took up walking at Youko's side along the river. She always found this sort of thing to be unusually fun. "Not that I can think of gear that would make such a fall okay." She joked as they moved this sort of thing was always interesting to her. This man had changed quite a bit since the last time she'd seen him, but she still considered him to be a friend to her without putting much thought behind it. Kunai still in hand she found herself playing with it, though she never favored bladed weapons herself, she could see the use of one like this.

With Natsumi speaking of gear that would allow such a fall to be reasonable, Youko gave the concept a moment of thought. What he came up with was something very simplistic, yet unrealistic to him. "I'd say armor. I would have been fine taking that fall, but... I think you'd have problems getting it fitted to you, considering. But hey, I'm a blacksmith. I'll take your measurements and make armor that'll let you fall through a hundred trees unfazed!" he joked. Youko had also taken to toying with the kunai in his hand, though for him, it was a subconscious matter. It wasn't often he went so long without needing to use his hands for something, and this was a decent enough placeholder.

"Ha! You're funny." she said her eyes darting towards the man as he joked that he would be capable of taking her measurements and fitting her for armor that would allow her to take a fall from through a hundred trees unfazed. "Sounds like an excuse to take my measurements. We both know, I am not wearing armor." She said with a decisive nod and a smile on her face. To be fair she couldn't imagine the added weight going over well, her back wouldn't be able to take it. Moving right along she noticed the constant moving of Youko's hands and found it to be another thing of his which hadn't changed too much since the last time they'd seen each other.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast