Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Uzushiogakure] Hiyuritou

[Uzushiogakure] Hiyuritou

A small islet off the coast of the Land of Whirlpools, Hiyuritou literally means, Fire Lily Island. It is the place known to plentifully grow the Fire Lily flower which is native to the Land of Whirlpools but grows most abundantly here. A most celebrated plant, the Fire Lily used in everything from tea to medicine and known for its ability to treat burns (when used in an ointment) and the hallucinogenic effect it has on cats. Cats and people can both travel freely between this island and the main island by way of a land bridge which appears during low tides and stays open for a few hours a day. The Festival of the Fire Lily (also known as the Fire Festival) is held on this island.

There are several small buildings and houses gathered together at the foothills of a high mountain. These are used to house vendors and various other people of importance during the festival (for those who don't wish to travel back to the main island over the weeks the festival is taking place. Beyond this atop a large hill is a pavilion which can house the Sanjikai while they perform their services during the time of the festival. Up higher a mountain is a solitary pagoda which is generally used to house the Fire Cat and Fire Rat during their stay at the festival. Such a place gives them access to the whole of the island and a full view of the beautifully blooming red flowers which are here. During other times of the year, this place can generally be thought of as the home to the Fire Cat and Fire Rat if they choose to live on it, though most like to be more involved with the main island than that.

Mid-morning on the day of the Fire Festival, the teleportation skill of one Katsuhara Hakudoshi would bring the young boy to the location known as Hiyuritou. In his company was the apparent guest of honor: the Kazekage, as well as the woman's youngest siblings, her husband, and the latter's own adoptive sibling of sorts. "I'm not walking from there to here," the boy said after bringing the group directly to this location. Apparently, it was previously decided that they would first travel to Uzushiogakure via the Hiraishin technique. Upon hearing this, the boy had huffed and taken it upon himself to skip the extra travel by instantly bringing the entire group directly to the festival.

"Whew! I don't know how you guys got used to that!" said Akira, the male sibling of Benihime. As this boy sauntered off into the festival, he received the response of Youko. "I'm pretty sure we don't, either."

The young child of the Kazekage was about as impatient as any child could be, except with the ability to actually do something about it. Given this the woman soon found herself on an island she'd never actually seen before and was left to marvel at it, but not without addressing her young son first. "Hakudoshi, it wasn't even that far, not that I don't appreciate it." she said seeming to find the boy's lack of desire to travel to be a bit much. Her youngest sister seemed to think this whole method of travel was a bit strange. And agreed fully with her brother taking off after him as she moved about. "Um, well it could be worse, I guess. Arigatou Haku-chan~" Teruko said before bounding off. Of course, this pair had attended the festival several times before now, and knew exactly where they were headed.

Aiko who'd also arrived with the group seemed to find this whole thing rather strange but was still more than ready to agree with Hakudoshi. "In all fairness, to Haku-chan, I didn't like the idea of Hiraishin at all, so... I was going to let him move me here regardless." Aiko mentioned as she pushed slightly longer than normal white locks out of her face. "Also... this place looks amazing," she mentioned of the landscape. She would be more than content to follow where everyone else went. "Um-hm~" Benihime agreed, and would soon be found picking up a small kitten which had been rubbing itself against her legs when they first landed. It was a little ginger colored thing and caught the woman's attention.

"It's farther than we had to go," was Hakudoshi's reply to his mother. He did not envy more normal individuals who had to physically move from one place to another, without even the ability to decide against it. At the very least, it seemed Aiko appreciated his method of transportation. This was all the child needed to be satisfied with his efforts. As this trio spoke to one another, Youko looked out unto the starting festival. "Looks like the welcoming party is here," he said. As if cued by this statement, the young man known as Kouha among the Uzushiogakure's Sanjikai came sprinting from within the festival area. From a distance, he fell into a forward leap, with a bright gleam upon his visage as this maneuver threatened to have him tackle the Kazekage. "Be~ni~nee~!"

"Ok. I won't even argue with that," the redhead said as she placed the little ginger kitten back down. She looked out over the festival as well, finding the whole thing to be a bit drastic, but Youko's mention of the welcoming party made a small smirk appear on the woman's face. The sound of a young man's voice was soon accompanied by an action which made the Kazekage's eyes widen. "I should let this happen, huh?" Benihime's words brought a smile to Aiko's face as she switched her position so she was no where near this redhead woman when she'd be attacked by the male who was obviously coming her way. "Onee-sama, it's probably for the best that you don't over do it," she said finding this whole interaction to be kind of strange. The Kazekage thought about it while the boy was in the air, and while she could have dodged, she instead opened her arms to the coming attention. Accepting the tackle of this young man and a young girl who'd swiftly approached as well. "Sissy~" the voice of the young girl said as she grabbed the Kazekage around the waist as she was all but tackled by a young man obviously her twin. "Kouha, Kougyoku... long time no see~" she said chuckling at the pair. These young twins were around the same age as her youngest siblings and their reaction to seeing her was a bit strange. She always figured the children of her deceased aunt would be a bit less than happy to see her considering she'd ended their mother's life.

After succeeding in his tackle, Kouha latched onto his elder cousin from the left side. "Okae, okae! It's about time you came; we've been waiting for ages!" With that said, Kouha turned his head to view the others who were present. His gaze first fell upon Hakudoshi, causing him to release Benihime and bend at he waist to view the boy more directly. "Sugoi! You're the one we felt! You're crazy strong for a kid!" In response to this assessment of his ability, Hakudoshi merely pressed his fists into his sides and inflated his chest. A chuckle came from Kouha, who then looked toward Youko. In that moment, the former's demeanor seemed to shift. "Sou, sou. You're the other part of that mix. You feel... so different. Kougyoku?"

With Kouha stuck to her left side, Benihime soon found Kougyoku stuck to her right. Both of them seemingly very happy to see her. "Well, it's not like I actually knew where you were. Nor did I have any reason to come looking for ya', so here I am," the Kazekage mentioned. Kougyoku found this funny and scoffed. "But Sissy, you came here and saw Kaa-chan, Akkun and Teri-chan, you could have said hello at least." she said pouting a little still happy to see the woman. She hugged her a bit more before moving along in Kouha's footsteps also stopping in front of Hakudoshi who now had his chest puffed out seemingly proud of himself and Kouha's appraisal of him. "Sugoi! You're adorable," Kougyoku seemed to think highly of Benihime's young son, who was cute in addition to being very strong.

As Kouha moved on, Kougyoku stood taking small steps until she was right in front of Youko as well. The shift in her brother's demeanor made the girl pay more stark attention and she had to agree as well, he felt really different. "Very different. I've never felt this before..." Kougyoku was now stepping around the man and ended up on his left looking up at him finding him to be covered in strange seals and other such markings. "Eh, he's covered in seals, his chakra feels nice. It's all... cool but it's mixed with something. You feel it right Kouha, the something else..." she said seeming to find this to be one of the more interesting beings on the island. At this point Aiko was backing away from Youko finding the amount of attention being paid the man to be strange. "Onee-sama... is this normal?" she asked of Benihime. The elder redhead shrugged a bit. "Sanjikai is a trio of chakra sensors who all have all three forms of the clan's Kekkei Genkai. Once I could actively feel mine I felt the same way, though they've had a lot more time to be used to it than I have. Youko and you guys have chakra that is just different from other chakra." she said. Having had time to take note of the differences. "That's Youko, he's my husband, and you're both being a bit weird, just so ya' know."

"Hmph," Hakudoshi muttered as his chest inflated even further, following the observation of Kougyoku. In the meantime, Kouha began poking at Youko's torso with his left forefinger. "Neh, Kougyoku's right. There's some good stuff in there, but something nasty, too." With an additional poke, Kouha manipulated the chakra within Youko's body. This immediately brought forth the "nasty" chakra from within the man, unleashing the Hunter's Moon state of his Kekkei Genkai against his will. Kouha immediately backed away. He found this chakra frightening, and though he normally would have assaulted an individual who felt this way, he knew deep within that there was nothing to be done about it. "B-... bakana!" he said. Youko, to his credit, forced his eyes back to normal immediately. "Yare yare. That's not the best idea."

The compliments paid to her young son, apparently made the boy puff out his chest. At the very least, the pair of twins had won him over if nothing else. Moving right along, both seemed to be poking at Youko's person, Kouha even going so far as to find something he probably shouldn't have. With the revelation of Youko's Hunter's Moon, Kougyouku also backed away looking at the man briefly before wrinkling up her face a bit and hiding behind her hands. "Kouha, that poke was weird, but its kinda sealed up. It feels murderous but I don't think it's all him," she said, she was thinking that if Kouha had pulled the nastiness forward, she could pull the other things and get a much better feel for them. Regardless of which other thing she chose, it would be a problem. "These other things are much more..." she said reaching out to poke the man again only to be randomly stopped by Benihime, her whole body between the young girl and her husband. "Yeah, I know what you're thinking and I am going to need you not to do that," she said the young girl looked at the woman stunned, wondering when she'd moved. "How..." she said looking at the older redhead woman. "Oh... but..." she pouted then frowned deeply. "Fine, then I wanna see the thing on his back."

When he was approached by the female twin, Youko had an idea of what she would be trying upon poking him. As such, he reached out to stop her, but Benihime's interruption did the work for him. "Yeah... definitely not. I'd like to not be stuck that way again," he said. Upon hearing this, Kouha tilted his head and squinted his eyes at the white-haired man. "... Sou ka. Well, whatever! I wanna see that thing too!"

This pair was strange. With both twins wishing to see what he could only assume was the seal on his back, Youko sighed and opened his kimono until it fell around his waist. Kouha was quick to act by moving to Youko's rear, shifting his hair out of the way to view the Four Symbols Seal directly. "Sugoi! This thing's gotta be ancient! Kougyoku, look at how primitive this is!"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast