Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Kirigakure] Kage's Citadel

[Kirigakure] Kage's Citadel

At the edge of Kirigakure lies a building equal in size to the academy. This serves as the home and office of the sitting Mizukage. It also functions as the holding place of scrolls, and the headquarters of the Hunter-nin Corps.

A small young woman walked through the halls of the Kage's Citadel. As she moved freshly cut crimson locks seemed to shift right around her neck just under her ears. Her eyes were a rather piercing green color and she seemed to be rather serious, but there was just the smallest of upturns to her lips, as if she was amused. She wore a small white shirt open over a bra which was red in color and exposed her stomach which was ever so gently covered in scars for some reason. Even so, she didn't seem at all bothered by much of anything, instead she entered the office of the Mizukage and bowed. "Mizukage-sama, I finished the work on the barrier. Everything is fine," she said, apparently having been to recently check on their borders and having returned without much thought to report on her findings. A headband for the Kirigakure could be found right on the left side of the young woman's hip, not worn over her forehead. She would stay in this bowed position until something was said, simply because this was the kind of respectful she was.

"Koji desu," were the only immediate words of response from the Mizukage. The purple-and-white-haired man towered over a large, crescent desk with three stacks of papers surrounding him, and a pen in his left hand. He spoke softly, as if timid in nature. Regardless of his quirks, there was notification of some barrier work done by the bowing woman, which caused him to look up with golden eyes, only to be taken aback by the bow. "Eto. Could you not bow like that? I don't know how to deal with bowing," he said. "Neh, Tori-chin... those people are going to be coming back, aren't they?"

The retort of the Mizukage made the small girl look up at him with wide eyes. "I can't just call you that..." she said of using the man's given name. Such a thing felt utterly wrong, beyond this, the man didn't want her to bow or anything like that as well. "You don't now how to deal... with a bow?" she questioned this because it seemed odd, but the information caused her to rise from the bow. "Fine, I'll try and remember not to bow, but we're going to have to compromise about the name..." she said with an astute nod. As for his final question the girl's eyes widened just a bit and she thought about the people he might mean. A grin covered the girl's face, "Yes, they'll definitely come back, it's nothing to worry about."

"I don't want to compromise," Koji said as his arms crossed atop the desk. As Tori spoke of the return he'd asked about, he let his head sink until his forehead met his arms. "Mendokuse..." he groaned. Apparently, he preferred the idea of these people not returning. It was simply something he didn't wish to deal with, or didn't know how to deal with. "Send them back out. I don't want them back. What did they even want again?" he asked, mumbling from the confines of his own arms.

"Koji-sama?" the girl said, offering the man's name with a proper honorific to denote his stature in her life and the lives of the rest of the villagers. She didn't really know what to say about the man not wanting the people to return. Confusion spread across the young woman's face as she looked at the man behind the desk with a bit of wide-eyed astonishment. "Koji-sama, they are coming back to broker peace with the village. They live on an island in the middle of nowhere, I would know..." she said thinking about how wrong a direction she would have had to go in, to end up in a place so empty as the Land of the Moon. "Besides, getting back out into the world will be good for you. They are nice people, and so are you. You just have to have a bit of faith," she said then she remembered that she'd likely over spoken, an immediate bow would occur as the girl blushed furiously. "Sumimasen, I over spoke."

"Koji desu," he repeated. When given the reason for these people returning, he heaved a sigh. "Peace. That's something only the weak ask for. If they're coming to us to ask for peace, we could wipe them out and claim for ourselves whatever they have to offer. War is unfair... it favors the strong." With that said, Koji raised his head. It was then that he noticed Toriko bowing yet again, in spite of his earlier mention that he didn't know how to deal with such things. "Mendokuse..."

Toriko listened as the Mizukage spoke. He seemed to have some odd views on the nature of the visit of the people who wanted peace with them. She couldn't help but look up from her bow and straighten just a tad. "Iie, that isn't the case with everyone. Nor them, in particular. You'd find it to be a bit more bothersome trying to wipe them out than anyone should or would like," she said, knowing there wasn't much to be done against dojutsu though he did have an out or two. Usually people with those kinds of abilities also had a couple of outs as well, coming to stand up a bit straighter as she asserted herself. "I like those people, so I wouldn't help." she mentioned about potential warmongering. "Besides, I like to think it takes more strength to make friends than it does to wipe out your enemies, Koji-sama."

"I don't believe you. If that guy was half of their strongest pair, their little island doesn't have any threats on it." Sighing once more, Koji lowered his head again. This time, he let the side of his face rest on his arms to avoid obscuring his sight, or sight of him. "I wouldn't need your help, and that's an unnecessary kind of strength. Negotiations should benefit both sides. If we're being given something we have the ability to just take, we might as well just take it."

Toriko couldn't argue that, though she found the kind of strength possessed by those on the island to be rather interesting. Their customs were also a bit strange, given how they chose to establish which of them was stronger, it was also technically likely that any one with more physical skill would be thought of as weaker while technically being capable of more. This point was moot, though as it appeared the Mizukage was rather set in his ideas. "Kichiro-san is nice and all, but... I wouldn't use him as a marker. Their clan also determines strength in a strange way," said the girl, she'd met this man after meeting Youko and even without that man being on the island she could then have faith that people came with different types of strengths.

"Iie, that is a bad attitude to go into negotiations with, Koji-sama. And lots of people could take anything they want, but that doesn't mean they would or should,"
    the girl stated. "A bit of open-mindedness would go a long way..." Toriko mentioned as she pushed crimson colored locks away from her face tucking them behind her left ear. She figured he would know these things, but perhaps he didn't have as much contact with his sibling as she'd thought.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast