Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Kirigakure] Kage's Citadel

"However they determine it, it's not enough. Kiri has the power to stop even the other major villages right now. Since you arrived, even Akatsuki is less problematic," he said as his head sank further. He didn't care much for this open-mindedness of which Toriko spoke; he only agreed to these moments of diplomacy because he felt his predecessor would have during her time. More importantly, with his plans coming together through this upcoming meeting, he fully intended to return the former Mizukage to power with everything in the same state, if not better, than what she once had.

Whether Koji liked it or not, the people he negotiated with were presently returning to his office. There were four in number now, instead of the former two. The first to approach the office was not one of the leader figures, but was instead a humble servant sporting a green keffiyeh and a long drape covering the entirety of his body. Standing in the doorway, he bowed before even looking toward the inhabitants of the office. "Sumimasen! The Lord and Lady of the Land of the Moon have arrived, and would like audience with the Mizukage at his earliest convenience."

"No, not that. Never that," this was the firmest thing that would come from Toriko's mouth. She could well, deal with all of this man's melancholy and even entertain the idea that they had the power to quell other villages if they needed to, but there was nothing here which would make her believe that somehow they'd find the Akatsuki less problematic. By virtue of the time she'd spent as part of that organization she simply couldn't believe that would ever be an option, and considering her own sister was still part of that organization to her knowledge and the man she followed, no... that wasn't even a possibility.

Soon enough there was a new group of people approaching, this group included one rather large chested white haired woman, who was standing behind the front runner of this group, who happened to be dressed in green with large green eyes. Toriko stepped forward from her position at the side of the desk, knowing that approaching visitors were in general her responsibility. "Ohayou Gozaimasu! No need to bow, Mizukage-sama doesn't tend to like that too much. Nor... me calling him Mizukage-sama. Gomennasai, Koji-sama." she said turning back to the man but forcing herself not to take the bow which usually came with such an apology. "Sumimasen, you're Kaede-san, yes? Long time no see," the red haired young woman said as she pushed hair back behind her left ear and extended her right hand. She was rather excited, she had gotten to know this man during her time in the Land of the Moon and was apparently excited to see him again. "Anyway, the Mizukage is expecting you, you all can come in."

Following his opening statement, the bowing male was informed that the Mizukage was not fond of people bowing before him. This prompted a rise, at which point he recognized the woman in the room, and received her personal greeting. "Hai. Gobusata shite orimasu, Suzukou-dono." With that said, Kaede stepped forward to meet Toriko's outstretched hand.

At this moment, the others were permitted to enter the room. Among this group was a tall, long-haired man with a yellow haori over his white kimono and hakama, as well as a younger lad with much shorter hair, clad in all white. These male figures were Kichirou and Seijuuro respectively, and they were the individuals previously in discussion with this pair. "Mata oai dekite ureshii desu," said Kichirou.

Toriko heard what was said by Kaede and it made her smile, until of course he got to properly addressing her. The young woman's eyes widened and she shook her head from side to side as she shook the man's hand. "Iie, Suzukou-dono is too much. Toriko~" the girl said, firmly. She seemed to have the same kind of problem with her name that the Mizukage did, but for very different reasons.

Soon enough the man had moved out of the way and when this happened the white haired female with hair down to her ankles appeared. She as dressed as meagerly as she always was, with two straps across her chest and a red chrysanthemum flower joining said straps. She was tangibly more flesh than clothing not that this seemed to matter to her with her extraordinarily large chest pretty much on display fr the entire world. She had long black nails and teal eyes which were sharp along the edges as she spoke up for the first time. "It's no use, Tori-chan, I still can't get Kae-kun to call me by name either~" she said only to follow up a bit more. "You're looking good and happy. Also nice to meet you~" she offered to the Mizukage. "Natsumi-san, you look exactly the same, I'm happy to see you so well." the girl said to the woman who'd been among her saviors a long time ago. Seeing this young woman here, she was quite certain that this was the one she was looking for, and as a favor to another man she was supposed to be summoning him.

"Yoroshiku," said the obviously lazy Mizukage, who didn't seem very thrilled to see these people in his office. Regardless, he sat up to prepare for the beginning of this little negotiation. "That's enough introductions. What do you want from us? Chirou-chin wasn't very specific before."

With the Mizukage seeming to be getting more serious about the discussion, Kichirou looked toward his wife and stepped forward. In the meantime, Kaede briefly looked toward Natsumi as well, knowing that she likely thought the same thing he did. He chose to fill his role while the leaders' chat took place, and so, he nudged Toriko before stepping to the side. If she followed, he would speak in hushed tones to the young woman. "Since they will be busy, I should take it upon myself to ask... Are you familiar with one of our clan named Katsuhara Youko?"

To Natsumi the Mizukage seemed a bit lax. She'd expected a bit more as far as his demeanor, but somehow the lax-ness of this individual made speaking to him a bit easier. He seemed keen enough to move on, so Natsumi would explain their position with haste. "It's actually kind of an exchange, though not a small one I realize. We'd like to adopt one of your Seven Swordsmen and have them train our island's swordsmen. The adoption itself would make them part of our family, giving them something for their service, and they would remain part of this village as well," the woman said with a quick nod. "In exchange we'd willingly give a few of our members and their skills as well as something specifically requested by you... as long as it's within our power to provide it," the woman said. Such peace talks were always strange, but it was mostly just easier for the approached to negotiate from a position of power.

While that conversation happened between the rulers of the two lands, Toriko was gently nudged and thus stepped away to have a conversation in hushed tones with Kaede. His words struck her and instant familiarity crossed the young woman's face. "You-niitan?" It was obvious she knew this man, but hadn't seen him in quite some time. Around the time she'd left the Sungakure in search of her twin, she'd been living with this man, her elder sister, and his adopted younger sister. She'd always been fond of him, though obviously not as much as her own twin. Still, it was sort of coincidental for the man before her to ask her about him. "I know him, he was around before I left the desert," she said not really thinking much of it, she'd left sort of abruptly probably causing the man and her elder sister to worry quite a bit. "He's alright, yes? I probably caused him and everyone else a bit of stress when I left, I should apologize."

"Small?" the Mizukage questioned, somewhat sarcastically. "You want one of our swordsman for your own. The Seven Ninja Swordsmen are exclusive, and we don't want them just going anywhere. However... I want something I'm sure you don't want to let out of your land. Bring me the Tentai Mizu, and I will offer you a choice between five of the swordsmen. That is my only offer."

Toriko showed some recognition of the man called Youko, but when she made it verbally obvious, the white-haired servant seemed shocked. "Nii!?" he said, though a bit too loudly, causing him to immediately cover his own mouth. "Gomen nasai. He seems fine. He was recently in the Land of the Moon, and was given the scrolls you helped us with. He took note of the seal you used, and had great interest in reuniting with you. My mistress will likely be summoning him here once negotiations have ended."

"Tentai Mizu?!" it was now Natsumi's turn to be surprised by something. It was beyond her that anyone outside of the island would know about such a thing. Beyond that, though he was willing to give them what they wanted the price of it was rather steep. What he could not know was that reaching the Tentai Mizu wasn't something that any regular person could even attempt, most couldn't get up the mountain and even those who could, couldn't necessarily cross between the two tops and get what they were looking for. She seemed to recover quickly enough, "I am not sure it can actually be done. But give us a bit and we'll see if that is actually possible." Natsumi said looking to Kichirou as if this situation had suddenly become dire.

Meanwhile, Toriko was having a conversation with Kaede who seemed stunned by the affectionate way she referred to Youko. A bit of a smirk came to the girl's face as he was soon hushing himself and commenting that Natsumi would soon be summoning Youko after the negotiations were over. "Hai, You-niitan, he was always super nice to us before. You know, even if he randomly looks like he's gonna kill everything," she said, remembering a bit of random sternness which had initially made her a bit scared of the young man to begin with. But her elder sister's fondness of the man had made him grow on her as well. "Sugoi! That's good then, I can't wait... He'll be able to tell me how everyone is doing~" she said of the man she thought of as her elder brother, though unbeknownst to her that statement was a bit more real now than it had been before.

Kichirou was also astounded that this man even knew of the Tentai Mizu's existence, but there was no changing the fact that he did know. All they could do now was continue with the negotiation, though Natsumi claimed it virtually impossible to obtain this "Tentai Mizu" of which the Mizukage spoke. "You said you encountered him before you left," he said, addressing Natsumi. "Did he have the information of the Sage. The stories I've read, and heard, all say the Tentai Mizu is connected directly to him, so perhaps we could make things easier. Though, I must wonder... why would it even be needed here?"

Koji's gaze rose, and his eyes narrowed. He wasn't fond of this question, but he supposed it didn't matter if he answered. At this point, he would do virtually anything to obtain this. "I searched for an answer outside of Edo Tensei to resurrect the dead. Tentai Mizu was the answer."

"He does have that look," Kaede agreed during his conversation with Toriko. "On another note, what placed you in such a high-standing position here?"

It seemed their negotiations were almost at a standstill now, but given that she was now being addressed directly by Kichirou, Natsumi turned to him, giving him her full attention. His supposition that she'd encountered 'him' was quite true, but the nature of that encounter told the woman pretty much all she needed to know, and the 'Sage' she spoke of, likely wouldn't give him or anyone else, just the thing he asked for. "He did have news of the Sage, but it isn't the sort that helps us here. On the other side of that, I doubt a wise man would just give up something like that for any old reason," she phrased these statements very carefully, but it seemed there would be an answer from the Mizukage about why he wanted such a thing.

"You... want to raise someone dead... using the Tentai Mizu..." this was Natsumi repeating the words because it was something that seemed noble at face value but without knowing the identity of the someone it might be hard to convince anyone else it was a worth while endeavor. "Hmm... yeah, we really might need a while for something like that... or maybe..." A thought came to Natsumi right at this moment as she remembered the kunai she'd been given. "I might have to consult someone else," she said holding the strange kunai in her hand, she'd channel chakra into it, and aim, by what she was told, to bring one Katsuhara Youko to this place directly.

Meanwhile, Toriko was busy conversing with Kaede who agreed with her summation that Youko in general had the look of someone who would murder everyone. As it moved right along, it seemed that the white haired man was a bit curious about how she'd gotten to this point. She thought about it, and shrugged, "I was technically trained as a ninja long before now, though I had no interest in it before. My other half wanted me to come here, and do what I could, so I did. I am the Jinchuuriki of a tailed beast previously held by someone important to Koji-sama, so he keeps me close. I'm also protecting this village with a jutsu I developed. I'm sure you've seen it," she explained while not mentioning the details of it completely, this was the easiest way to explain her rise in this village over the last few years.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast