Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Kirigakure] Kage's Citadel

Kaede was standing with his arms overlapping within connected sleeves as his discussion with Toriko progressed. A smile crossed his face when her speech led to the technique she used to help protect the village. "So that was yours. It looked like you... if you were all-encompassing... and blinding to people like us," he said with the lightest of chuckles.

In the meantime, Kichirou received Natsumi's thoughts on Youko and the Sage they sought. When she spoke the word "maybe" though, he raised a brow. "You have an idea?" he asked while looking down at this strange kunai his wife held.

Mere moments later, a flash of white light appeared from the kunai Natsumi held. From this flash came Youko, bar his usual armor. He spawned, interestingly enough, in the woman's lap. One would note that he held a strange flower-shaped confection mere centimeters from his open mouth during this arrival. "A-... Ano..." he said in shock, moving the small cake away from his face and looking toward Natsumi. "Hello again. Got lonely without me?" was his initial query. This prompted Kichirou to clear his throat, bringing Youko's attention to the man. "Or... trying to spice things up a bit? Look, I'm pretty open-minded and all, but... not with extra dudes. And I was in the middle of some amazing cakes, so..."

It seemed that Kaede had recognized the technique as being a bit like her. She imagined any with the ability to see chakra it would likely be blinding, but more than that, the girl couldn't help the mild confusion which came to her face initially "Hm, well... I mean... " the girl said, only to think a bit further and get the joke. "I don't even have a proper response for that..." she said as she began to giggle instead. It was a rather funny joke. As she remained posted up in a quiet corner, the trio's negotiation was about to take a very strange turn.

"Uh...huh... So, I still didn't really expect you to just appear in my lap," said Natsumi. The man's commentary being what it was prompted throat clearing from Kichirou. Further commentary from Youko brought a laugh from the woman, who seemed to find this amusing even though it wasn't really what she'd called him here for. "Sorry, that definitely isn't what I called you here for. Firstly, I found the person you were looking for," she said nodding her head in Toriko's direction. "Second, we're in negotiations with the Mizukage here, and we have a problem you might be able to help us with." she said.

By the time she nodded to Toriko the woman's attention had already shifted, if only for one very innocent reason. "Did you say cake, You-niitan?"

"That's fine. I wasn't sure how to follow that line anyway," said Kaede. Meanwhile, Youko sighed and removed himself from the lap of Natsumi. "Well, then you shouldn't have been holding the kunai where you were. Or... hold it a bit lower, I dunno. Whichever tickles your... fancy." For a moment, Youko's attention was pulled away. Not only did Natsumi state that she'd found who he asked her to, but that very individual now stood within the room questioning his mention of cake. "Wow! Tori, you've matured. You look a bit less... child-like than Mari does now. And yes, I said cake. Have some!" he said, tossing the singular confection toward the young woman. "It's from your homeland. We're attending the festival right now, and I might be a little drunk. Not important. Now, somebody said something about negotiations? How many clothes should I be wearing for this?"

A smile came to the face the red haired young woman, but soon enough a white flash alerted her to the coming of a specific gentleman who had mentioned cake and was now extricating himself from the lap of the Lady of the Moon. Now he was standing and mentioning that he had cake which promptly came towards the young woman which she caught with both hands looking stunned. "Sugoi!~" on the matter of her looking more mature than her twin she was a bit stunned. "You've seen Mari?!" she then thought about her sister's tastes and had but one thing to say. "She probably still keeps her hair long, everyone looks really young with long hair nee-tan likes hers for that reason as well..." she said knowing that any maturation of her face was due in fact only to the sharpness of the hair which surrounded it. Moving right along, she immediately took a bite out of this cake and soon enough her eyes widened at the taste of it. If this was from her homeland she was overdue to return at least for a confectionery visit.

While this happened the woman known as Natsumi soon was able to straighten her posture and cross her hands into her lap. To Youko's words she seemed a bit stunned. "A little drunk? It's the middle of the afternoon..." she said, but the man was attending a festival. "Must be one hell of a festival, anyways, this isn't that kind of negotiation. Like I said, the we're negotiating with the Mizukage and he wants the Tentai Mizu," she said, and preemptively knowing of a potential negative reaction. "We didn't tell him about it, he knew about it. And he wants it in exchange for what we want, which is one of the seven swordsmen to adopt and train our other swordsmen. So here we are..." she filled the man in on what was her afternoon so far.

"Iie. You've got a different kind of maturity. There's loneliness in those eyes now. Trust me; it's a kind of strength I know better than most," Youko said as he sauntered around the room, glancing occasionally at everyone present. During this walk, Natsumi gave the real reason she'd brought him here. Youko quickly halted all movements when the Tentai Mizu was mentioned, and it suddenly seemed as if he'd even lost his buzz, so to speak. He didn't particularly care why the Mizukage wanted it, nor did he care about what the Land of the Moon would be getting in return. "You left out the part about calling me just so I could tell someone to go fuck themselves," was his retort.

"Nani?" the Mizukage said, seeming agitated as he rose from his chair and faced Youko. Youko, in response, stepped up to face this incredibly tall male as well. "I don't like your tone. You're one of that Blood Cult, aren't you?" the purple-haired man spoke. "You should fear me, little man. I killed dozens of your people during the battle on Nagi Island." Youko didn't seem amused by this claim at all. However, he also didn't seem disturbed in the least. "That's downright adorable. If that's all you've got, you should fear me. I killed the ones you couldn't."

At this point, the chakras of these men were spreading and stifling the room. Kichirou would be the first to speak on this matter. "This was a civil discussion until now. Youko, would you like to politely explain your point of view?" he asked. "There is no point of view. The answer is no. Under no circumstance is anyone allowed to get their hands on that. If it's swords and training you want, I make better weapons and have better skills than you'll find here." And with that, Youko seemed to have disturbed the standing Mizukage once again, though no words were exchanged this time around.

"You-niitan, don't say that, you'll ruin my appetite," the girl said, though she didn't at all stop eating this particular cake. She didn't know about anything that would have happened between these two groups of people, but she knew by the tone in Youko's voice he was likely about to upset everyone in the room excepting the people who were used to his antics.

Between the speech of the Mizukage and the speech of Youko, Natsumi could only sigh. "Seriously..." she said and it was just this word. She really thought about how this was working out and didn't really like it. Beyond this point it seemed that Kichirou was on board and would have preferred a more polite discourse. Youko's further words were ones which disturbed the Mizukage and didn't really upset Natsumi. Their peace had already been properly brokered this was just the extra bit for their continued friendship. Since they needed training to replace those who had fallen at the man's hands before. "You can do that?" she said only to shrug and look at Kichirou, a better option was right there so she didn't really care too much.

"You-niitan, it isn't like that, he has a fairly good reason to ask for it. He's trying to revive someone important to him, and it's a better option than the Edo Tensei," Toriko finally quipped over the cake she'd all but finished at this point. Natsumi had gone quiet at this point, Youko was a lot of things, but she knew him not to be completely heartless, beyond all this, she was also remembering something rather important.

"Of course I can do that. Even if I couldn't, I'd rather learn how than even think about giving that away. You have no idea what it's even capable of," Youko said as his left hand subconsciously gripped the sheathe of his sword, Tenseiga. He soon began pacing again, only to hear from Toriko the reason this Mizukage sought the Tentai Mizu. "Revival? I'm guessing the body is still intact then?" he asked. Koji nodded to confirm this, prompting Youko to scoff and activate his Doujutsu in its Full Moon form. "... Sou ka. You're her brother. I remember now. That explains why she's not acting Mizukage right now. Take me to the body; I'll deal with it myself." For obvious reasons, Koji was not quick to trust this individual. However, Toriko seemed very familiar with him, so the Mizukage was left looking in her direction by the end of this command.

Natsumi held up her hands in surrender. "I never said I did, I didn't even know it was possible for anyone else to know about it. It's practically legendary among us. Regardless, you're here for specifically this reason... " said Natsumi who was finding this whole thing to be taking a rather sudden turn. It seemed Youko held some familiarity for the person whom the Mizukage wanted revived. 'Damn he gets around...' the woman thought absently wondering if her general nosiness would be offered any quenching by what was going on next. As Youko moved about he questioned this man about the state of the body and other such things as if he could help, then Natsumi remembered that he had a sword which could bring people back to life. Her eyes widened as she realized this was what he was going to do now, without any prompting or gain for himself. Then again, she wasn't completely surprised, Youko had always been a very giving person.

With the current Mizukage looking back at Toriko the girl finished her cake. She seemed rather pleased by Youko's words, and felt that he'd help regardless now that she'd mentioned something. Still, she had to reassure the Mizukage that he was making the right decision so she looked to the man calmly and explained. "You-niitan is a nice man, in spite of his current disposition, and the murder face. If he says he can help, he will... I'd trust him in this, Koji-sama," she said. Knowing if she was in a similar position she'd trust this man to help her out.

"Fine," the Mizukage said in the end. "Follow me." With that, he stepped out of the office. Youko followed, and Kichirou seemed to be doing so as well. Assuming all the others present would be following Koji, Kaede lagged behind for a moment, if only to ask Toriko a single question. "So, is this what you meant when you said he seems like he's going to kill everyone?"

In a matter of minutes, the group would reach a chamber which held a podium. On said podium was none other than the body of the former Mizukage, most recently known as Kochou. Since his Kekkei Genkai remained active, and he knew of her clan's Kekkei Genkai and its workings, he looked at this body with a raised brow. Something was obviously off with this body. "Tori, which version of your clan's Kekkei Genkai did you have again?"

The Mizukage was getting up to leave after the assure of Toriko, so Natsumi also rose to follow behind him and Kichirou. Since everyone else was also leaving the room, Toriko followed as well, lagging behind as she did, apparently amused by the cake she'd so recently eaten and the amicable ending in their near future. To Kaede's question she simply nodded. "Hai, this is exactly what I meant. Seems like he's about to kill everyone, instead helps out~" she said of Youko. She knew this man most during her more formative years, so she retained a deep respect for him.

Soon after they entered this chamber which housed the body of the fallen Mizukage and Natsumi could see the resembelnce to the tall man who entered. But soon enough Toriko was being questioned and it was so out of the blue the girl seemed stunned by it. "Uh... you know about that?" she asked seeming to shake off the question almost instantly. "Never mind, the Chishikitaikei, why? The look on your face says something's wrong and I swear I've done nothing," the girl said, stating for the man that she possessed the simplest form of her clan's Kekkei Genkai. But if he had this much knowledge of it, she figured her elder sister must also presently have knowledge of it, which caused her to worry. She began biting her lower lip in an old habit as she thought about it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast