Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin'ō Academy

"I have to agree. It is very strange to see a Captain operating something like this," Daiki concurred. Terumi, upon hearing the words of this pair, sucked his teeth thrice while waving his finger to and fro. "No, no, no, no~. You asked about the brochure. It clearly states that everyone should kick back and enjoy the little things. This," he said, pausing to gesture at himself in his obviously relaxed position. "This is me doing that. You guys are the not-so-little little things. That Tatsuya from last year wouldn't even open an ear to me about joining my division~"

Benihime was glad she wasn't the only one generally surprised by the idea that a captain was wandering about doing something as small as looking after a booth at recruitment drive. But given his statements about enjoying the little things in life she supposed it made sense. "Oh?" she said thinking about it strangely she looked to Daiki. "He said we were not so little... that's a bit strange isn't it?" she said thinking about it a bit more. "But... got to meet a Captain today, that's pretty cool~" she finished, thinking about it, if the Captain did things like this, she could only imagine rather easily getting lost among lower seated members and getting to goof off quite a bit. "Hm... Tatsuya? I've heard that name before... where... where..." the young woman seemed to have a problem connecting that name to a particular individual.

"You should have heard the name," Daiki said when Benihime's memory was sparked. "He had no surname. Tatsuya was the youngest Shinigami to graduate the academy early. Last year, after being a student for only a year, he left to become 3rd Seat of the 12th Division. It's the second best record in academy history." While these words were spoken, Terumi clapped slowly. "Hai, hai. That boy was a treat, but wouldn't pay me any mind. What a wasted effort~"

Daiki soon went on to explain why the name of choice sounded familiar to the redhead young woman. And her eyes widened at the news. It seemed that it would be because, that individual counted as one of their immediate predecessors. And had one of the best all-time records for completion of the Academy. "Sugei!~ I knew it was in there somewhere," she said as Captain Yuuki seemed to have a bit of a laugh at the fact that a young man such as that didn't seem at all interested in joining his division. "Wasted effort... sounds a bit sad," she said thinking about it more. "Do you always come here to recruit directly, Yuuki-taichou?" she wondered. If it was the case he knew about the previous person to be counted as a prodigy then he likely did this sort of thing particularly when he was interested in individuals. It seemed like a reasonable enough place to start since he had a bit of humor to him which would overall make Benihime's life a tad better. Plus there was a lot to be said about a Captain willing to come do menial tasks like meeting new people without being utterly intimidating.

"Hai!" Terumi said. Shortly afterwards, though, he had to correct himself. "Well, not really. Sometimes I have other things to do. Before last year, I was busy having some fun with the 2nd Division's Captain. I cleared my oh-so-busy schedule for this one." After interacting with the Captain for a suitable amount of time, Daiki claimed one of the brochures for himself. "Sou ka. Thank you for your time, Yuuki-taichou!" he said with a bow. With that, Daiki was ready to move on to the next table.

"Hai, I'll keep this then," mentioned Benihime as she accepted the answer being given her by Yuuki Terumi since it fit her general idea that he only bothered clearing his schedule for people of interest to him. "Arigatou Gozaimasu, Yuuki-taichou~" she said as she was quite certain that this Division had suddenly risen on her list from the way back to nearly the top by virtue of their personable Captain. Soon enough she moved along with Daiki and the approached the booth of the Fourth Division.

At the table for the Fourth Division was a young blond woman in a standard Shihakusho with the hakama replaced by a small miniskirt. She looked to be tired and had dark bags forming under her eyes, but on her cheeks were strange black markings which seemed to be part of her ensemble. Finishing off her look worn on her left arm, was a badge which marked her as the Vice-Captain of the Fourth Division. She saw these two people approaching and her blue eyes lit up quite a bit. "Sugoi, first year students... you're Nomura Daiki and Niwatoko Benihime. Both of you are said to be really good at Kidou. Yoroshiku~" said the young woman much to the redhead's surprise, it was strange to be addressed so directly, especially by someone who'd previously looked like she was about to fall asleep on her feet.

At the next table, another individual of high status was present to greet the pair. This one wore the badge of a Lieutenant, and seemed rather excited to be visited by the two, despite her apparent lack of energy. "H-hai. Yoroshiku," Daiki said, seeming slightly taken aback by the state of this woman. "You're... Oishi-fukutaichou. Are you alright? You seem very... worn-out."

"Yo!" Benihime managed. This woman looked to be truly almost dead on her feet, but Daiki's questioning of her seemed to liven her up a bit. "Iie, it isn't like I'm worn-out or anything. I just always look like this," she said with wide blue eyes. "You two have good prospects you should consider joining the Fourth Division. There is always something to do, and your help would be greatly appreciated." she said with a swift nod. At the look on the woman's face, Benihime picked up a recruitment brochure to look over it. "Oishi-fukutaichou, it says here there are always people going in and out of the Fourth Division because it doubles as a Medical Center... how many patients do you see a day?" asked the redhead. The blonde woman seemed to look a bit astounded for a second, but such a number was kind of hard to put together for her. "Ano, I don't really know how to answer that... I see a lot of patients everyone does... but the level of injury varies a lot, so it isn't terrible. The Fourth Division is actually a mellow place once you get used to it," she said, which caused Benihime's face to shift a little. This woman didn't talk like her job was truly daunting. In fact she still had a smile on her face, but something about her countenance made the redhead believe there was more to this. "Eh, Dai-kun... help me out a bit~"

Apparently, this woman wasn't particularly tired, but always appeared this way. Daiki thought this strange, but also thought that he had maybe been a bit rude in his question initially. Whatever the case, the conversation moved on from this due to the inquiry of Benihime. The answer she received was seemingly not what she sought, and she even went on to ask the black-haired male's assistance in drawing out a proper answer. He thought for a moment, eventually producing a query which was more likely to get the necessary information. "What would be the ratio of 4th Division members to 11th Division members within the Med Center at any given time?"

Daiki's question seemed to be one more factually answerable for the Vice-Captain of the Fourth Division. She smiled when she gave the answer because it didn't seem bad to her. "Three 11th Division members in the Medical Center at any given time for every member of the Fourth who is also present. But they fight a lot, over... well nothing really," she explained still bright eyed and cheery. A smile came to Benihime's face, but it was mostly a cover for the amount of shock she felt at the overworked Vice-Captain. 'She always looks like that because she hasn't had any sleep since she graduated...' she thought. "Hai, that's more the information I was looking for, Arigatou Gozaimasu, Oishi-fukutaichou. Thank you for the time, and interest~" the young woman said with that same forced happy smile on her face. "Hai, thank you both, hope to see you again~"

She gave a quick bow and began to move away, more than willing to dance about the room, until of course, they'd eventually stopped by all the booths and met with some upper division members from everywhere. She couldn't help but think this was a strange thing to do, but talking with people gave her a pretty good idea of where she'd fit in the best. Until eventually she'd be seen sitting at a table with tea in front of her and several of the brochures of which she'd organized them by her priorities for them. "Alright, whatcha got, Dai-kun?"

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast