Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin'ō Academy

"Wow. That's actually incredible," Daiki said of the 4th Division's fortitude. Though it was apparent enough in the state of their Vice-Captain, he could only imagine how the others were. "Arigatou gozaimashita," he said with a bow to end the interaction with the 4th's representative.

Several interactions later, he sat at a table, opposite to Benihime, with tea and brochures of his own. "In order of highest to lowest," he began, sliding forward the brochures to form a line as he named them. "Yonbantai... Sanbantai... Juusanbantai. Those are my top three."

Benihime sipped her tea and watched as the young man before her pushed forward his top three. It was interesting to see how they compared, and they seemed to have a bit in common though not a lot. She looked at Daiki and his choices and she supposed given his personality it made quite a bit of sense. The choice of the Fourth Division as his top was a bit astonishing, but she figured he was nice enough that he'd want to help out anyway he could. "The amount of nice you are Dai-kun, never ceases to amaze me," she said as she sat down her tea cup and went on to point at his top choice with the index finger of her left hand. "That... by the way, is all the niceness you possess put into a single choice~" the young woman gently teased.

After pushing forward his choices, Daiki picked up his tea cup. Benihime decided to poke fun at the obvious nicety that was his top choice, the 4th Division. He shrugged as an immediate response, sipping his tea in the following moment. It wasn't until a few sips had passed that he spoke again. "What can I say? You should know better than anyone by now; I like to help out where I can. The 4th wouldn't have made it into my top three, but... the members need help as badly as the people who come to be healed. I had to give it priority because of that."

"Hai, I do know, but... I am still somehow surprised you made it a choice~ Though I totally see the merits of going where you would be needed and utilized," said Benihime as she withdrew her own hand and pushed forward her top three choices. "I'll share mine as well, so as not to create suspense~" she chimed. "Juunibantai, Sanbantai, and Juuichibantai," she said pointing to each of the three she'd chosen for herself. This list seemed to fit the kind of person she was over all, though she had a very specific reason for choosing each of these things. She then sipped her tea. She found it interesting that both of them had the Third Division as their second choice, figuring they both might have thought about it the same way.

"Honestly, I didn't even consider that part. It just came up when I decided to organize the choices. There isn't much more to it than that." Daiki returned to his tea while Benihime listed her highest prospects. Of these choices, one made sense, while the other two seemed relatively out of nowhere. Upon seeing the list in front of him, he had some questions. "I figured the 3rd would be on your list as well. But, the 12th and... 11th? I'll grant 12th for sheer interest, but don't you think you're a bit too capable of using Kidou to go to a division that shuns it?"

Benihime heard out what Daiki had to say and in making his statement, he pretty much made it very clear that he was entirely too nice for his own good. He hadn't even considered himself in making such a decision which was likely the biggest part of his niceness. "Hai hai~" she said to this statement. After she made clear the choices she would likely be picking from it seemed that there was a bit of confusion about why she'd chosen two, both her first choice and her last one seemed to make a fuss particularly the last one. A smile came to her face a she went on to explain both of them. "Iie, I don't think that skill would be wasted at all, in fact... I'd be able to get much better at using Kidou with no one having to know the depth of that skill. Beyond that, I'd like to believe that possess more than enough skill in the other forms of combat to be fine not using it in the face of anyone who matters. I'm pretty good at hiding things, I don't think shunning will be a problem~" she said of Kidou, as it wasn't her primary skill though it was among her primary interests. "Also you're right, the 12th Division is full interest for me. I could study what I wish without anyone thinking anything negative of it, and that is a lot of freedom for one like me." the young woman said. It seemed that most of her choices were made for keeping her mind and body busy while promoting her general need for secrecy.

Benihime's reason for looking into the 12th seemed sound, but he remained skeptical of the 11th. From what he knew of that division, they abhorred the use of Kidou. Either way, it wasn't his choice to make, and he supposed the redhead's reasons were good enough in her own mind. "So, most likely to join the 12th. I guess we'd both be doctors of some sort in that case. It'll still be a bit weird regardless though, huh? I don't know about you, but I've gotten used to the shared space over the past half year or so. I can't imagine what it must be like for people who only have a few comrades in the academy for the full six years."

It seemed that her reasoning was accepted though probably not to any great degree. To be fair she was least likely to go to the 11th Division and considered it more or less her last resort. But there was also the thing they hadn't discussed at all, which was the possibility to going to the 3rd Division together. "Hai, I have thought about that too, my original plan was to go to the same division as a friend. It would be kind of weird after spending so much time with other people to suddenly not have them around and have to get used to completely new people all over again," she said, thinking it over. "We could both go to our first choices and hang out from time to time... But our second choices are the same and the Division itself seems pretty laid back," she said thinking it over a bit more. "Yuuki-taichou has time to come and recruit personally if it interests him... so the demands of the division itself can't be terrible, and it seems pretty light-hearted so it could be fun~" she said as she went back to sipping tea. To be fair, she'd learned to deal with most people a lot better over the last couple of decades. But she'd also always been surrounded by people she knew she could manipulate at least a little... anything else would be completely uncharted territory and she wasn't sure she wanted to deal with that yet.

"Really?" he replied, leaning forward with his cup in hand as the discussion progressed. This new development was apparently something he had been hoping for in some respect. "You know, I was trying to avoid suggesting the same thing. I figured it would sound strange if I did. The 3rd, though... if you're also going, could easily be called my top choice. Shall we?" he asked, reaching over the table with his right hand to offer it.

"Um-hm," Benihime said to the question of really. She thought this was the most obvious choice if they were going to continue their friendship and rivalry. "Why try to avoid suggesting it, it's a good idea. Doesn't sound strange at all~" she said with a nod over her own tea. Soon enough the young man before her had extended his right hand to her, asking if they would proceed with this plan. Benihime grinned and extended her own right hand to meet his. "Hai!~" she chimed for her own agreement.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast